[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

so i eat my steaks medium on average and the better the cut of

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

File: omaha.jpg (196KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
omaha.jpg
196KB, 1920x1080px
so i eat my steaks medium on average and the better the cut of meat the rarer i enjoy it. cheaper steaks i like a little more cook on. i only put that out there because what i am about to ask is sacrilege but i ask you to understand my situation and my own disgust at my question. i hate well done steak but i just got an amazing present. say what you will about omaha steaks but they are pretty tasty even if highly overpriced. my fiancees sister just gave me over 300$ in steak from omaha. probably my favorite birthday present i've gotten since i was a child. she knows i love cooking and grilling and i thought it was amazingly thoughtful and sweet. but she eats her steak well done and she is visiting in town for the weekend. so i come to you begging for an answer to a question i hate to even ask.

if i wanted to blow her mind with a well done steak. if i wanted to make the single best best well done steak this woman has eaten in her life how could i do it? i want to pay her back just a bit for gifting me several pounds of high quality steak and seafood by at least blowing her mind with a well seasoned tender delicious well done steak if thats possible.
>>
>>7530059
lots of butter, consider cooking it sous vide
>>
Maybe a dry brine? Id test it on a cheap steak first tho.

Idk OP. Worthy cause, but that's a tall order...
>>
>>7530075
Make a compound butter to serve on top as well. Or a balsamic reduction.
>>
>>7530059
Cook it medium well and let it coast to well done. This is the secret to Nig uncle juicy well done steaks. Use 2 zone method sear both sides then move to other half with no coals cover up and bake till doneness.
>>
>>7530075
sous vide i had to look up because i just know it as immersion cooking. im afraid i just dont have the equipment to that reliably. garlic butter was pretty high on my list of ways to keep it tender though.
>>7530087
>>7530087
if i get what your saying i kinda get it. let me just see if i understand the principal. basically what your saying is cook it right once to a medium well. then basically let the temperature slowly build up to finish it? im not grilling these. im cooking these in my cast iron but i could set the oven low to finish. since well done is 180 at the core do you think something like a medium well cook then a wrap in foil into a 200* oven untill cooked through would be about right?
>>
also random note. there was a huge 2lb bag of peeled giant shrimp or prawns or whatever you want to call them. im pretty amped to make some stir fry with them.
>>
>>7530059
Do a "reverse sear". Put the steaks in the oven at 200 degrees for about 30 minutes with a lot of salt and pepper, then sear in a hot pan with a little oil. Get a really good sear, say about 4 minutes per side. The meat will be well done, but still palatable. And, the great crust will taste amazing.
>>
Low-medium heat. Use sunflower oil.
>>
>>7530099
>i just dont have the equipment to that reliably
You can do it with a ziploc bag and a thermometer, though you'll have to experiment with your stove to find the right spot for even temperature.
>>
lots of ketchup
>>
>>7530193
this is the method i am now trying. imma steal a bite and ill let everyone know how it turns out.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.