[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I got $7, my payday next week and I'm out of groceries.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 5

I got $7, my payday next week and I'm out of groceries. What can I get with this? I'm really hungry and I don't want to eat soup and a cream cheese bagel for dinner again.
>>
>>7525776
Are you female?
You could date /ck/ losers for food till pay day.
>>
>>7525783
I may be hungry but I still have pride
>>
>>7525776
As much beans and rice as you can get, its bland and boring but you will not starve.
>>
>>7525776
3 packs of pasta, 3 cans of sauce. It's not glorious, but it will get you to payday.
>>
Rice or lentils or something, make Chilli.
>>
buy a big bag of rice to hold you over
>>
>>7525776
2 dollars worth of cheap rice
2 dollars worth of the cheapest beans you can get
1 jar of peanut butter for easy calories
You'll feel like shit, but it's the best you can do.
>>
Poor people always seem to make the worst food choices when it comes to economical dinners. Buying canned soup, fresh bread and spread with your last pennies is the worst way to spend that money.

You could instead bulk buy lentils, rice, vegetable oil, onions, cabbage and carrots. You can easily prepare very healthy meals with just water and salt with these ingredients. Yes you will fart like a motherfucker but it will get you through the rough times without ruining your future health.
>>
>>7525818
>Buying canned soup, fresh bread and spread with your last pennies is the worst way to spend that money.
I wasn't expecting to be out of money, that's just all that's left of the last grocery run I made.
>>
>>7525818
I'm curious as to why you'd recommend the onions and cabbage to someone on a very tight budget. Both have negligible nutritional benefit so that seems like a rather frivolous use of money for someone that's nearly broke.
>>
Don't you have anything in stock already? Rice, taters, veggies, etc.?
>>
big ol bag of potatoes
>>
>>7525776
Google and search for the legume that will give you most cals + protein. Get that, some rice, and some seasoning. Its the cheapest and healthiest way.
>>
>>7525832
This, tell us what you already have so we can come with recipe ideas
>>
>>7525830
They are extremely cheap and better than no vegetables at all. They also add taste and texture to otherwise very mushy meals made from lentils and beans.

>>7525822
So you better make those last dollars count. Getting your tummy filled up makes poor eating much more tolerable than being hungry all the time.
>>
>>7525838
>>7525832
I've got a bag of brown rice, a bag of carrots, 2 potatoes, 1 tomato, 1 box of whole grain pasta, some alfredo sauce, and about a quarter gallon of milk.

Along with the aforementioned bagels and soup.
>>
>>7525861
Buy some beans and vegetable oil and you're set.
>>
>>7525861
Besides the beans, get the cheaper protein source you can get. A dozen of eggs or/and 2 pounds of chicken will help you make it until next week without eating like a slave.

I would also recommend getting some flour to make tortillas (flour + salt + oil + water)
>>
>>7525932
Quark cheese is usually very cheap, at least here in yuro. Rich in protein, filling, and tastes disgusting. Perfect for poor eating.
>>
>>7525946
True that

Also, you can make pretty decent pancakes with grinded oats (just throw them into the blender) + eggs + milk
>>
Thanks for the advice /ck/, I'm heading to the store in a bit.
>>
>>7526021
You could be my bf: that way, I could cook for you! :33
>>
Better start selling some shit. You're going to get sick of beans and potatoes pretty quick
>>
>>7526021
post pics of what you bought
>>
>>7526033
this
>>
there are some cheap but filling and tasty soups you can make for 7 bucks that will last all week, Sopa de ajo or split pea would be my rocomendation
>>
>>7526021
You can be my bf! I'll cook for you, Anon~ :33
>>
do you live near an aldi?

tub of oats - $2.40

jar of peanut butter - $2.00

dozen eggs - $2.00

bananas - 40 cents cents for a bunch

oats + egg + pb + banana erryday

filling, delicious, good mix of macros
>>
Dunno if it's universal, but frozen pirogies can be had really cheap here (like $4 for a huge bag). Not the most nutritional thing in the world, but filling as fuck.

Other than that, (dry) beans and rice
>>
File: Untitled.png (17KB, 279x261px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
17KB, 279x261px
just get a fookin shit ton of instant noodles mate
>>
Buy cheap ramen noodles and mix it with Cream of Chicken soup. Just the noodles cooked, none of the seasoning packets.
>>
>>7526327
This man is trying to help you, listen.

Or buy dry beans and rice
>>
>>7526390
This plus a dozen eggs, you'll have enough trust me.

Now let me gibe you secret ramen recipe
2 packet ramen
2 egg
Pour seasonings in like a retard so you spill some
Add black pepper to your taste and then add more because fuck you
>>
>>7525833
This. Boiled potatoes are proven to be the most satiating food ever, and they're dirt cheap.
>>
>>7525799
dubs is the best post.

you need only beans and rice to survive. It is a complete protein.
>>
2.5 kg flour 5 bucks

make bread, crackers and baked goods if you have that stuff.
>>
File: Aint-nobody-got-time-for-that.jpg (49KB, 624x346px) Image search: [Google]
Aint-nobody-got-time-for-that.jpg
49KB, 624x346px
>>7527077
yeast?
proofing?
rising?
>>
File: dominos-pizza.jpg (321KB, 1750x1250px) Image search: [Google]
dominos-pizza.jpg
321KB, 1750x1250px
>>7525776
Get pizza.
>>
>>7526390
>just get a fookin shit ton of instant noodles mate
Instant noodles cost 3$ where I live, plus I hate ramen ingeneral
>>7525776 7$ can buy flaming cheetos and a dr pepper
Either that or pizza
>>
>>7525932
I wouldn't want to fuck with making tortillas when it costs as much to buy the flour. Especially when I'm starving.
>>
>>7527148
>Instant noodles cost 3$ where I live

No
They cost about 20 cents a container
>>
>>7527109
>yeast

Natural fermentation is a thing you know? Although it will be ready when the paycheck arrives so don't mind my opinion. Not even gonna click send. Nah fuck it
>>
>>7527161
>everybody lives near me

Are you retarded?
>>
>>7526390

Instant noodles isn't very good for the starving. It's very low in nutrition and can make someone sick if it's all they eat for one day. OP will start feeling very weak within the first day of just eating instant ramen. At least dried beans will have proteins and
>>
>>7527332
Anon died while posting because of poor nutrition. He ate nothing but rammen for 6 days in a row. When he realized this it was already too late. A minute of silence please.
>>
>>7527109

quick breads
>>
I used to buy the cheap instant noodles when I was running low on money and eat several of them for dinner. But then when I went to pay for it at the self register a dirty fucking hippy laughed at me for buying loads of top ramen. Every since then I felt insecure about buying the top ramen.
>>
File: image.jpg (54KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
54KB, 500x500px
>>7525776
Cabbagge is cheap
Thread posts: 49
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.