[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>mom is making vegetarian lasagna what's the point of

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2

File: vegetarian burger.jpg (65KB, 550x367px) Image search: [Google]
vegetarian burger.jpg
65KB, 550x367px
>mom is making vegetarian lasagna

what's the point of making these pseduo-dishes that are just worse than the original? Pretend meats are disgusting

I don't have a problem with eating vegetarian but then I'd just eat pancakes or a salad. discuss
>>
Man, that burger looks fucking delicious
>>
People living in the shadows of the surperior omnivores
>>
>>7525177
I eat spinach lasagna without meat all the time, what is she substituting as meat that has you so riled?
>>
Yeah I don't get why people try to replace meat. You can have perfectly delicious vegetarian meals, just don't try to imitate meat dishes.
>>
vegetable lasagna is totally a valid kind of lasagna though. the noodles, cheese, and sauce are the required bits of lasagna. if she's shoving weird fake soy stuff in there that's her mistake.
>>
>>7525177
Vegetarian lasagna is legit, though. In Italy the vegetarian version is made with cheese and the meat version is made with bechamel sauce. Putting the meat and cheese together is an American thing, because we have to turn everything into a fucking cheeseburger. That's why we invented the chicken parm. (In Italy it's pretty strictly an eggplant dish).

There's a long history of coming up with vegetarian versions of meat based dishes. Buddhist temple cooking has a lot of that. There's also a long of regional vegetarian cuisines, like Italian cucina povera, Greek Lenten cooking, Sikh temple cooking and many others.

tl;dr Plenty of vegetarian cooking is legit. Stop being such a pussy.
>>
>>7525233
Yup. this anon is correct. Vegetable lasagna isn't an attempt at a vegetarian version of a meat lasagna. It's usually made with a cream sauce and vegetables. It's a completely different dish. Nothing to get rectal pains over.
>>
>>7525203

>i'm gonna paint a nice lovely painting, yes a gorgeous painting of a landscape and a house like so many before me
>but instead of traditional paint i'm going to use period blood and feces
>>
>>7525267
The birth of feminist "art".
>>
>>7525267
>instead of traditional paint i'm going to use period blood and feces
More like instead of using all the colors I'm not going to use green
>>
Apparently she's changing the meat for carrots, aubergine, tomato sauce etc

I'd still rather eat something else but ordering pizza would just make her mad
>>
>>7525297
>not green
He said he ate spinach lasagna, right?
>>
>>7525297

so you're admitting to making an inferior product just 'cause
>>
>>7525177
lasagna with meat is for flyovers
>>
File: Old_guitarist_chicago.jpg (218KB, 522x768px) Image search: [Google]
Old_guitarist_chicago.jpg
218KB, 522x768px
>>7525326
not really
>>
>>7525177
I have this friend that's dating a Vegan and they waste all this money of fake meat products and stupid shit. I don't understand why they don't just learn how to cook all those Indian Lentil and Bean curry type shit.
>>
>>7525657
She's probably a picky twat that can't stand the idea of foreign foods.
>>
>>7525344

that's not a landscape, dumbass
>>
>>7525177
I used to eat at my Aunt's as a kid and then my cousin went vegetarian and she switched to veggie lasagna. Great, a nice fucking chunk of Broccoli, mmmmmm. I stopped eating on lasagna night.

Worst part is on Thanksgiving shed eat Turkey. "It's so good tho, tehe".
>>
>>7525690
not the point, you obtuse motherfucker
>>
>be subhuman vegetarian
>subsist entirely on fucking carbs
>make up excuses to consume even more carbs
That's what it's about dude.
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.