[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Sup /ck/? I didnt know where to post, but I think this board

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 279
Thread images: 17

File: booze.png (434KB, 896x587px) Image search: [Google]
booze.png
434KB, 896x587px
Sup /ck/?

I didnt know where to post, but I think this board is best.

To the drunks of this board, how did you stop? I can't seem to shake off the booze. I've been hitting hard for about 5 years now and I just need to stop. I manage to go 4-6 days without but then go into a bender after that. Any solid tips to stop?

>pic related
>>
Why would you want to stop?
>>
>>7512586
>>7512586
I drink too much. Im hammed at least 5 days a week.
>>
>>7512583
>I didnt know where to post, but I think this board is best.
The alcoholics post here so you'll get responses, but they really belong on /soc/. What they drink is an aside to a whole lot of circlejerking (anti)social club bullshit.
>>
Pretty much in the exact same boat. Anti anxiety melds are the only way I can go sober a few days. Also been drinking heavy five years. Drunk five days a week minimum.
>>
>>7512583
I haven't been able to stop, but I'm now able to have breaks of one or two months by setting myself goals like finishing a certain number of books or perfecting a recipe and only drinking as a reward for meeting those goals. I find it's easier to not drink when I have the expectation of drinking later on.

My reward will generally end up taking the form of a week-long binge, mind you, but it's better than where I was at before.
>>
>>7512612
>>7512612
Im not on meds myself, but I feel the pain brosif. When I go a few days without booze, I sleep 4 hours max, and wake up constantly.
>>
File: Beer_belly.png (240KB, 636x346px) Image search: [Google]
Beer_belly.png
240KB, 636x346px
Pic related is my only problem, and considering how skinny I am otherwise, it makes me consider suicide. I just need to stop but being sober at night is extremely uncomfortable.
>>
>>7512660
Same. I'm fine not drinking all day but I can't ever get comfy before bed without it. I feel so restless and unfulfilled. Sleepy time tea extra strength or melatonin can help.
>>
I've never tried it but I always imagined a very very slow taper might do the trick. You feel shit due to withdrawals which last for weeks even once you've tapered. Try tapering by tiny amounts over a couple of months or so. It will take willpower, but might dampen the existential dread you feel. In terms of cravings, smoke weed instead, and drink only to keep yourself comfortable.
>>
>>7512817
Tapering definitely does seem to be the easiest way if you do it slowly enough, at least initially.
Depends how bad you are though and how much willpower you have.
I've only ever had luck with tapering (from memory I cut my intake by half before giving up eventually) and cold turkey (went over a month without a single drop before my friends invited me out and I relapsed.)
I'd like the 'only drink one or two days a week' method to work for me but that requires a level of self-control I really don't possess.
What screws me over is I live with another alcoholic so even if I'm trying to quit there is always booze in the house. On the other hand revulsion from seeing an alcoholic down can after can of beer all day from an outside perspective can counteract the urges to an extent.
>>
>>7512583
Al/ck/oholic here.

Been sober 5 weeks now.
Getting clean was one of the hardest best decisions I ever made.
>>
>>7512583
In my experience you can try to quit, but until it just seems right, you'll just relapse. I finally just got bored with it, now drinking is just meh at best.
>>
>>7512872
congrats. sincere,no homo
>>
>>7512583
>implying anyone's stopped
>>
>>7512872
faggot
>>
>>7512936
kek
>>
>>7512872
>>7512872
OP Here:

Good going dude!!!! Keep it up!
>>
>>7512583
>To the drunks of this board, how did you stop?

Busted my face falling down drunk and realizing I could have fallen backwards and split my skull open and died or gotten brain damage.

You just stop. Get a hobby, browse the Internet for entertainment (you can't use boredom as an excuse if you have the internet), exercise, go in nature. Anything. Just consciously choose to stop and actively prevent yourself from walking into the liquor store that first time. Good luck.
>>
>>7512936
Hitting rock bottom ain't fun... but hell, it's what got me sober.

Unless you've been there, you just wouldn't understand.
>>
>>7512817
>>7512840
OP Here:

Thanks guys. Good luck! I've tried the tapering method before but also would relapse within a week. Id make it 4-5 days before something at work would piss me off and I'd go home and slam shit.

Im going to give it another try. Hopefully this is the one.
>>
i didn't stop, but i learned how to moderate it.

i was pretty much drinking liquor constantly--from the moment i woke up to the moment i went to bed.

one day i just looked in the mirror and hated myself for what i had become, and for what i would be if i kept that shit up.

i basically just quit cold turkey for 3-4 months and gradually re-introduced alcohol. had my first drink after the break at a friend's band's gig. i was hella conflicted at first, like can i handle this? so i set the following rules:

1.) no drinking at home. only when i go out.

2.) no drinking alone. only when i go out with friends.

i was pretty strict about it, and it worked. i don't need booze to keep me running 24/7 now, but i do enjoy a few nights out a week. i get tipsy, but not drunk (feels like shit now). i did have to work through a lot of the shit going on in my head though (and find a few things i REALLY enjoyed doing, like singing, writing and working out) cause i was pretty much drinking constantly to 1.) drown a feeling of emptiness and 2.) work up the confidence to hold conversations with people.
>>
http://www.hamsnetwork.org/

Taper first, then you have to legitimately want to stop and stay stopped. And you'll probably have to commit to total sobriety if you're enough of a fuckup. I tried to moderate or just smoke weed and I never could keep it together for more than a few months.
>>
File: Friends-toasting-e1411240185628.jpg (68KB, 600x456px) Image search: [Google]
Friends-toasting-e1411240185628.jpg
68KB, 600x456px
>>7512949
Thanks.
The first week, is miserable because of withdrawal.
The second week, is torture because of the cravings.
But by the third, you've lost some weight, been productive and saved a ton of money. And suddenly, it's not so bad.
Until you're invited anywhere or end up in some sort of social situation where EVERYONE is drinking (but you). Then it sucks all over again.
>>
This thread makes me want to go grab a 6 pack.

I am not an alcoholic but I'll put away a 6 pk or a bottle of wine 4-5 nights per 7 day week.
>>
>>7512583
>realise the fermented Jew kills your gains
>stop
really not that hard if your life isn't shit
>>
>>7512969
I tell people my dad was an alcoholic now when they ask why I don't drink. It works because it makes them super uncomfortable and then they change the subject and never talk about it again.
>>
>>7512973
Is it the alcohol that does it or the estrogenic compounds in hops?
>>
>>7512973
What about the distilled jew?
>>
>>7512840
I have the same problem. Not his fault, but both of ours. Even if i am feeling good that day and dont buy any, he will.
>>
Last night I drank 4 bottles of wine, I only remember the first one
>>
>>7512951
>>7512951
>>7512956
>>7512956
>>7512969
>>7512969
Thanks. I just started filling my time with shit this weekend actually. Im doing a garden this year in my yard and going balls out so I have something to do instead of drink. I started seeding yesterday to be honest and I am pretty excited about it.
>>
>>7512979
It doesn't really have any major effect on gains unless you're a bodybuilder. It'll make you fat, though.
>>
>>7512952
I understand that you're a faggot quitter.
>>
>>7512988
>>7512988
Those edges are sharp.
>>
>>7512986
That does sound interesting. Keep us up to date on both. Would like to see the garden come in and hopefully if you stop drinking it will give me hope
>>
>>7512583
You wean yourself, which does take willpower.
I drink less now, but because when I'd drink before it would be like, "I feel drunk but I think I can feel drunker" but it didn't work, it just made me go to sleep.
So now when I drink and feel good, I mark the bottle a little further and stop when I get there. That has the benefit of me having more booze for the next day too.
>>
>>7512978
Wow Anon. Thanks, that's actually really helpful.
I'm gonna try that next time.
>>
>>7512972
>I am not an alcoholic but I'll put away a 6 pk or a bottle of wine 4-5 nights per 7 day week.

>I am not an alcoholic

oh_you.jpg
>>
File: garrrrrrrrrden.png (1MB, 1675x559px) Image search: [Google]
garrrrrrrrrden.png
1MB, 1675x559px
>>7513000
>>7513000
Thanks dude. Trips of truth. I had my last few beers today since they were in my fridge, but tomorrow I try again. Here is the seeds and shit. I took vacation time next weekend to build out the garden boxes, so next weekend is going to be hard. 4 days with no booze? Im hoping I can pull that off. I've already come up with bullshit excuses to not see friends so I dont have the pressure, other than just myself at home.

>pic related
>>
>>7513020
For me, myself is the biggest peer pressure. I got good friends in that way. Just not strong myself. Excited to see the outcome. Four days sounds tough. Hopefully you can keep busy man. Stay strong seed bro.
>>
i can stop if i take the antidepressant pristiq (like effexor) b/c it makes drinking not really really great. so when it sucks i stop drinking.

nothing else has ever worked b/c drinking is too much fun and there is literally no reason to stop
>>
>>7513010
actually, that sort of thing seems to be pretty common in certain demographics in the 20ish age range.
>>
>>7513065
>>7513065
Thanks dude, same to you.
>>
>>7513069
withdrawal, brain damage, organ failure, blood pressure, fat
>>
>>7513094

>fat

desu not unless you drink beer

but all the other stuff yes
>>
>>7512980
>>7512979
>>7512987
No I drank whiskey most of the time and it untoned my fucking muscles
>>
>>7512987

beer will make you fat, but liquor won't if you're smart about it. basically consume fewer calories, especially from dietary fat, the day you drink.

alcohol won't steal your gains if you lift, that's a hugely overblown misconception. it temporarily slows down protein synthesis, but unless you drink constantly (i mean you're an actual alcoholic, in which case you're probably not lifting), the effect this has is insignificant.
>>
>>7513108
Alcohol contains about 6 calories per millilitre or 7 per gram, only 2 less than fat. While you don't need as much as beer, drinking spirits is like drinking mayonnaise.
>>
>>7513161

dude no, alcohol calories don't work like that. your body doesn't store calories from alcohol as fat. what happens is the liver's metabolizing the alcohol takes priority over fat metabolism (kinda like how insulin works), and you start storing anything you've recently eaten. dietary fat is easily grabbed and shuttled into fat cells.

carbohydrates in beer however, yes.
>>
>>7513086

Many people are addicted to coffee in the 18-60 range, doesn't mean they're not coffee addicts
>>
>>7513199

an alcohol abuser, an alcoholic, and a person who drinks frequently are not all the same though.

if you feel like you can't quit--that you need it--despite the fact that it's negatively impacting your life/you constantly out-of-control binge drink you cross the line into abuser. if you're at the point where you'd get DTs if you quit even for a little while, you're an alcoholic.
>>
I realized that when you get drunk all the time it's no longer fun. I get drunk maybe once a month.
>>
>>7512583
I drink pretty heavily but it hasn't been much of a problem for me, I can usually drink a gallon of vodka in five days
>>
Is 1-2 pints of vodka a day bad, guys? That's what I'm doing now and I hate it. But I just get so anxious and shaky if I stop for more than 8 hours? Am I an alcohol? Is drinking this much enough to get serious withdrawal like dts? I've been drinking like this for about a year
>>
File: stacking chips.jpg (52KB, 721x541px) Image search: [Google]
stacking chips.jpg
52KB, 721x541px
>>7512583
I stopped by drinking myself into a coma, spending some time in the hospital, going to rehab then working the program of Alcoholics Anonymous after I came home

It's working pretty well so far.
>>
>>7513217
>an alcohol abuser, an alcoholic

These are synonyms
>>
>>7512583
Don't listen to the rest of these queers. You want to drink and you're not going to stop until you don't want to drink. All this "boohoo help me" bullshit is only you avoiding the fact that you enjoy abusing alcohol. Nothing is going to stop until you make the internal decision to drink.

Source: drank Old Crow until I gave myself ulcers and quit. Smoked until I got a bad cough then quit. It's easy once you're ready inside to stop. Anything else is just you pretending to yourself you want to quit.
>>
>>7513340
You don't have to ask this. You know the answer.
>>
>>7512583
>wife is alcoholic

Lurking
>>
>>7513372
How isn't that a win-win?

>Inquiring alcky wants to know.
>>
>>7513340
Go to a doctor and just be honest, they can and will help. Don't try to quit cold turkey, that's very dangerous with the amount you consuming. Oh and yes you are an alcohol and it's destroying your family.
>>
>>7513340
That's about what I drink, what's your height/weight
>>
>>7513372
not him but, I've never met another woman that can drink and hold her liquor like my wife....she drinks in the morning, afternoon, evening, ...all day. She has mastered the art of maintaining. She works part time, irons my clothes, makes dinner, takes care of kids, house, etc handles her shit and alot of mine. . kinda freaks me out. She's Gained
Some weight ( bout 25#) from drinking but I don't care and still thinks she looks amazing. . Wouldn't trade her for the world. I get aggravated sometimes because she drinks so much. She gets tired in the evenings and I want to spend time with her. It's more fun getting drunk together with her.
>>
File: 1458122585310.png (646KB, 569x802px) Image search: [Google]
1458122585310.png
646KB, 569x802px
tfw no qt alc gf
>>
>>7513489
I'm a guy. About 5'7-140 lbs
>>
>>7513340
That's very excessive and I'm sure you know it is. There are people far, far worse, but you're pretty far down the rabbit hole of alcoholism. If you quit too quickly, you would have probably a 60% chance of life threatening withdrawals. All that probably came across a bit harsh but I'm just surprised someone can be in this state and not know it. I've known it for a long while.
>>
>>7513347
Don't know why I'm giving this the dignity of a response, I guess because I'm bored. An occasional binge drinker is one example of an alcohol abuseer who isn't an alcoholic. Alcoholism by its medical definition refers to physical alcohol dependence resulting in withdrawals. More socially, it refers to somebody who is addicted to drinking. You can be somebody who abuses alcohol without being addicted.
>>
>>7513523
I know it is excessive and not normal at all. I'm just wondering if I should expect dts when I stop. After a bit of research, I guess only like 5-10 percent of alcoholics get dts, and only about 15% percent die from them. It seems pretty unlikely that a person dies from alcohol withdrawal unless they drink daily for like 10 years or more? But I don't know. Just looking for some personal experiences/ advice
>>
I heard that drinking too much beer would raise your estrogen levels. So ever since I've been weary about going overboard with drinking.
>>
>>7512583
I quit because I was drinking so much I just started to feel like shit after a glass of wine.

I don't know if I'm unique in that respect but after a while of heavy drinking all semblance of feeling good was completely gone and I realized it was just a waste of time.
>>
>>7513549
You mean wary

Also effect and affect, palate pallet palette, and payed paid

Fingernails on the chalkboard to some people, just an FYI
>>
>>7513543
Even though full blown delirium tremens is unlikely there are still a whole lot of withdrawal symptoms that will fuck your shit up.

I suggest you visit a physician and talk about how to get off the bottle. You won't regret it.
>>
>>7513518
Yeah I'm 6' 210 so it spreads out a bit more, you sir are a bonafied alcoholic
>>
>>7512583
knock off the benders and just drink a moderate amount daily
>>
>>7513543
That statistic doesn't regard how much you drink. An alcoholic could drink as little as 6 beers a day. To my knowledge, there is a decent chance you would suffer severe withdrawals were you to quit. Even in the event you don't suffer DTs, you could still be looking at seizures, a stroke or a heart attack.

This isn't meant to share you, it's pretty easy to taper off when you really want to. Just cut down the same amount each day until you're down to nothing in a week or so. You probably needn't have more than a shot every hour on your first day, but if you need more that's ok, just providing you don't have more than the day before. It's all about listening to what your body tells you. You are going to feel weak, anxious, paranoid, weak and probably slightly tremulous. This is normal. You should take a shot if it gets worse, i.e. You're visibly shaking, or you're sweating more thsn you should be. Keep an eye on your pulse as well - make sure it isn't much higher than 100. When you get any of these symptoms, take a single drink, give it half an hour to process and see how you're doing then.

This is from experience anon. I've been a heavy alcoholic on and off for 3 years, meaning I've tapered off more times than I can remember. I've collapsed before, had heart palpitations, been almost unable to speak. But that's when I didn't know what I was doing. You hopefully do now

Good luck anon, I hope it goes well for you.
>>
>>7513585
Would 6-8 shots be moderate?
>>
>>7513588
>>7513588
no, more like one or two shots, or a couple three or four beers
>>
>>7513588
Sure. It's double the recommended daily maximum but it isn't an insane amount.
>>
>>7513586
Thank you for the great advice! I wish the best for you, man!
>>
>>7513602
A pint is like 12 shots my man
>>
Started drinking at 14 been drinking heavy since 20 now 28 and been sober for a month. I hit rock bottom many times but this last one did it for me. Lost my job my gf and was just down and depressed like never before. Now have two jobs which keeps me busy and workout 6 days a week. I realized alcohol wasn't the problem it was me, my thinking. I'm working on myself to become a better man and person overall. Practicing mindfulness and learning how to control and change my thoughts. I have goals, I'm going to college this fall. Im working on hopefully getting my license unrevoked this year. All this is the only reason im sober, I have no urge to drink and plan on keeping it that way for a long time. It's not easy I relapsed many times before I got here. You just really gotta want to stop and commit yourself.
>>
>>7513708
But what's the point
>>
>>7513708
>Lost my job my gf

How did you ever GET either of those things?
>>
>>7513344
>>7513344
Congrats!
>>
>>7513372
explain more
>>
>>7513356
I'm assuming that most if not all of these people also have some kind of emotional issues that they use drinking to mask so it's not a I want to stop but I really don't want to thing it's a I really want to stop but if I do I remember how depressed and anxious and lonely I am (heavily contemplates suicide)
>>
>was getting drunk every night for about 5-6 months
>tried to quit cold turkey
>lasted two weeks
>felt good, but got back into my old habits for a few weeks
>now am trying to just cut back first
>been having 2-3 beers a night for a week
>going to try to make it 2 light beers a night and go from there
>>
>>7512583

I've quit alcohol cold turkey twice. Both times to prove that I could. First time was easy peasy, second time I had some minor withdrawal, but went away after a couple weeks. In either case, I drink because I like it, not because I need it.
>>
>>7516590
Very convincing.
>>
>>7516597

That's my story. Wish I could quit eating shitty food as easily, been trying to quit that one for a while and I've only known failure.
>>
>>7516489
>>7516489
She was always a drinker but since her best friend got killed in a wreck a year ago it's gotten much much worse. She was driving. Neither of them had been drinking and it wasn't her fault but she blames herself. I want her to go and talk to someone but she won't. I don't know what to do or how to help her. She's just got a lot of guilt. She tells me she's working through it but I don't know how much more I can take. She's starting to get pretty mean. She takes a drink or 2 before work...comes home and gets shitfaced every night. I'm afraid she's starting to hide alcohol so she can keep how much she's drinking a secret. She has a serious problem.
>>
>>7516553
in real alcoholics there's a chemical imbalance in the brain that drinking alcohol helps with. unfortunately in these time if you're murkan at least if you drink even just a moderate amount on a regular basis then you're considered alcoholic and in need of help, that rehab clinics will gladly take your money for
>>
>>7516622
As bad as it is now, it will only get worse until she does something that will make her feel equally as bad as the guilt. Depression is a bitch, and alcohol sucks at fixing the problem, and it adds a ton of anxiety. She needs some help, but I don't know what that would be. In the same boat myself.

Does she drunk fuck though? That can be a silver lining.
>>
>>7516642
I was always under the impression it was the reason that you drink not how much.
If you drink 3 beers every nigh cause you live beer your not al alcoholic but if you drink 3-5 cause you need to feel drunk you are.

Also really I was in aware of the chemical imbalance thing

Hell I drink every day cause I'm fucking depressed and if I don't get drunk at night I start to realize how fucking lonely and depressed I am. Also I can't sleep
>>
>>7516664

Yeah, if she's home she drunk. Sex is almost always drunk sex now. Sex is good but it's getting a bit tiresome because She's so fucked up all the time. Idk, really just depends. Some
Days are better than others. I woke up and found her passed out naked on the living room floor a week ago. I just scooped her up and carried her back to bed. I guess she started drinking again after I went to sleep. It's hard to know how much she's hurting and I can't do anything. Im a drinker too but I know my limit. She goes past hers reguarly and on purpose.
>>
>>7516664
>>7516724
Dude. If you don't want her to do herself in, or stunt her life by 20+ years, you gotta try and do something for/with her. She's your wife. Not only should you be able to be open and honest w/her - and vice versa - it's kinda your duty to stand with her.

My moms an alcoholic, and though I know she's got a problem and I'm trying to be there for her as much as possible, I partially blame and resent my dad for enabling and ignoring the problem rather than confronting it. He's failing part of his duties as a spouse in my book...
>>
File: halle-berry-nbc_2507030a.jpg (52KB, 490x555px) Image search: [Google]
halle-berry-nbc_2507030a.jpg
52KB, 490x555px
>>7512583
In case you don't know it, there's a whole range of medicine you can take to completely stop your addiction to alcohol. It is like magic for some people. Check out this podcast about it and google up stuff from there.

http://www.radiolab.org/story/addiction/
>>
>>7516724
bro if you really love your woman you gotta step in. sounds like she needs counseling or something.
>>
>>7516590
You should never ever have even minor withdrawal. That's fucked up.
>>
>>7512985
I like you.
>>
>>7517253
I think he IS trying. It's just really hard to force another adult to do something they flat out refuse to do. If she won't get counseling or help on her own his only option is really to put her in rehab and get intensive counseling for her grief (against her will no less) I don't think an intervention would work In her case. She's too wrapped up in her own pain to care about anyone else and she's not going to do it herself. The dude sounds like he's trying but she also has to want to get better too. It's not his fault at all. The fact that he's still with her and caring for her when she's passed out shows me he loves her. I'm sure all manner of talks with her have taken place.

She's going to work during the day and probably buying alcohol when she's out. There's only so much he can do. She's gonna be in for a rude awakening if he has to take her to rehab. She's gonna hate it.
>>
>>7517349
You're talking shit man. The definition of alcoholism relies on withdrawals, and there are plenty of alcoholics who recover from their addiction. All heavy daily drinkers will get minor withdrawals, and it's 50/50 as to whether or not they will get worse.
>>
>>7512595
>>7512612
What two days a week are you sober?!?!?
>>
>>7512583

Go to aa and listen.

If you end up at a bar, just order tonic. Just got my first and last dui, been clean almost 2 months.
>>
>>7518088
This. Don't get how you can be drunk five days a week minimum without being drunk every day. It implies you're drunk almost every day but take the odd day off, which for most people would result in significant withdrawals.
>>
>>7513585

This.

Alcoholic in a nation of alcoholics here. This is the only way it works for me.
>>
>>7517277
>everyone just ignore this
>keep failing AA
>keep drinking
>keep fucking up your lives

okay.jpg
>>
>>7518253
>trade one drug for another
>>
>>7512583
>To the drunks of this board, how did you stop?

Why would I stop?
>>
>>7518180

He said he takes anti anxiety meds, so either Xanax or Valium and they will take WD's away.
>>
Is it safe to quit cold turkey if you only drink, a lot, on weekends?

I assumed the delayed mega withdrawal was only for daily drinkers.
>>
>>7518594
>I assumed the delayed mega withdrawal was only for daily drinkers.

Correct. If you're not going through withdrawals on Monday then you won't have an issue.
>>
>>7512583
Stop treating it like a drug and take a glass of wine with dinner every day. Never get drunk again.
>>
File: 39a.jpg (23KB, 288x499px) Image search: [Google]
39a.jpg
23KB, 288x499px
>>7512583
I cant answer to your questions OP its 8 PM in my country and im fucking drunk and it feels so good :) life with no booze is not life.
If you can stop drinking for 4-6 days why would you stop foreva???
Get drunk every 1 day and sober 3 is not bad!
In my case, when i decide to stop being drunk everyday, I would get drunk 1 day and sober 4 days, i think its bretty good for your health
>>
What's the least fattening way to have a few drinks? What's the healthiest liquor out there, I like liquor. Please respond.
>>
>>7518654
Vodka or gin. Grain based liquors are estrogenic, and most brandies are too sweet.
>>
File: beer_9935.jpg (20KB, 200x370px) Image search: [Google]
beer_9935.jpg
20KB, 200x370px
>>7518670
This.
I only drink beers (11.6) since only 2 months and i m slowly getting maxi fat.
Does someone have a scientific explanation why beer makes you fat ?
>>
>>7513708
Stay strong brother.
>>
>>7518692
Estrogenic effect of hops, all the carbs (it's like drinking bread,) the combination of alcohol and carbs, maltose insulin spike.

Similar situation. I like beer because it relaxes me - drinking an equally alcoholic mixer just doesn't have the same effect. I also like the taste.
>>
>>7518220
Dude do you live in Belarus?
What's Belarus like and how drunk are you right now?
>>
Who else is getting drunk tonight and watching izombie?

>tfw no peyton gf to drink me under the table
>>
I'm going to ask this question here since it's kind of an alcoholics general thread.

I got a DUI but haven't been convicted yet. I have to do something called an alcohol assessment.

If I'm honest will I somehow be "punished" more. Also I ask because I'm going to rehab this summer (I can't go now or I'd have to drop out of college and that's not an option). My plan was to lie on the alcohol assessment given by the State, but be honest when I go to rehab. Anyone that's been thru it know?
>>
>>7518262
Yes, that is exactly what you have to do. you literally can't do it on your own, you've already fucked over your body chemistry and that will never reverse without additional medication (that you have to take for the rest of your fucking life). You've done fucked up and this is the only thing that will correct it 100%.

But, go ahead, destroy your life and everyone within your realm with alcohol.
>>
35 here. the story of my life:

shot heroin, smoked crack, did prostitution, went to rehab a few times

alcohol is the last thing im using. not sure what will happen if/when i quit it
>>
>>7518038
>She's gonna hate it.

Nah, sometimes that's what people are looking for. Though they may be reluctant, the threat of rehab shows the people care enough to do something other than watch you drink to death. It's a cry for help, in a way. I know I would be so relieved if someone said I had to go to rehab. Until then, I just keep drinking and working my ass off at work.
>>
File: tumblr_o2uso3TxyL1u54b7lo1_1280.jpg (103KB, 1080x1080px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_o2uso3TxyL1u54b7lo1_1280.jpg
103KB, 1080x1080px
klonopin person here

just downed 375ml of alberta premium this hour. gotta be at work at 5am. this is a life

no reason to live
no reason to die.
>>
I just stopped one morning. Packed all the bottles and threw them out. My experience is practically useless for anyone but me, but I quit - so you can do this too. Some psychedelics help, by the way. I mean ONCE (just to understand with your soul and mind, why you should quit), not as substitute.
>>
>>7518044
You should never reply to a post that's replying to another post without reading the post that is being replied to. You lack the context to understand what it being said otherwise.
>>
File: 1446586004635.jpg (50KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
1446586004635.jpg
50KB, 1024x768px
>>7518990
Pls respond.

If any DUI Bros could give me any info I would truly appreciate it.

I'm a good boy tryin to change my life 'round.

Tits & donuts.
>>
>>7520235
Psychedelics gave me persistent anxiety after a single use which eventually lead to my alcoholism. Quitting alcohol straight away can be fatal.

So that's zero in two. Please dont try to give advice.
>>
>>7520256
I'm really confused now. What do you think I'm missing? As it happens I did read both posts but it wouldn't have made any difference had I only read the one.
>>
I don't think I'll ever be able to quit but what has helped me reduce the amount and number of days I'm drinking has been the realization that it effects my dick stamina. I can jerk off no problem since thats quick but it really sucks going soft worst case as soon as the condom is on and most of the time after only having sex for 20 minutes or less. Its also made me start exercising more. Still happens occasionally but not as often as when I was drinking pretty much every day half a year ago.
>>
>>7520316
>Condom

There's your problem. When you're drunk, it require pretty heavy input to keep the dick hard, physical or visual. Condom's ruin that shit. I know, when I jerk off, I am drinking and smoking cigs. Takes like an hour, because also looking through porn. That's a whole new addiction/hobby in itself.
>>
Why did most of you start drinking anyway?
>>
>>7512583
pick up a hobby to keep yourself busy

get your friends involved if you can so they help you stay busy

also, don't be a fag and though it up
>>
>>7519067
>not sure what will happen if/when i quit it

You'll be better off
>>
>>7520553
Nearly always depression and/or anxiety. Alcohol gives me my emotions back and soothes the existential dread.
>>
>>7520639
I think he's thinking he could go down a worse route. He's pretty much done it all in terms of drugs but there's still darker places he could get to.
>>
>>7520553
makes anime watchable
>>
I'm a fuckin bloodhound.

I've been sober for two weeks and then today i didn't work and said fuck it and got a pint of vodka. It's starting to wear off and i want to get more but if i get caught leaving the house right now my parents will KNOW i'm going to get booze. So what do I do? I know my dad has a bottle of whiskey around the house that he keeps hidden but i found it! Haha! I will drink it tonight and buy him a new one tomorrow!

And OP to answer your question you can't stop until you actually want to, whether it's fucking up so bad that you hate yourself or just admitting you have no control over your situation and reaching out for help.

You do that. I will continue my drinking.
>>
>>7520157
Have you ever considered getting help/quitting?
>>
>>7512583
Next time you go to take a drink

don't.
>>
>>7520303
The first guy was saying he's not addicted because he only had minor withdrawals when he tried to quit, so he feels safe continuing with his habit.
>>
>>7512817
For cigarette smoking a recent study strongly suggests that cold turkey is the way to go, most of the people who try to wean themselves off end up back where they were.
>>
>>7520293
Please don't assume that everyone will have the same experience you do, and then use that assumption to shut down something that might potentially work for someone else.
>>
>>7520293
Well, a single experience helped me. It differs, I guess.
>>
>>7520281

General rule of thumb for life is to just fucking lie about every single thing you can reasonably pass off as truth.
>>
>>7520659
You do you but whenever I've gone and either bought more booze or taken a friend's after I finished a sizeable some, I'm always disappointed, fun stops, and pass out. Never really worth the risk associated. You do get a semifresh one in the morning though for better or worse.
>>
>>7520701
I'm right there with you. From 18-20 I was in a fraternity and even in that environment my drinking turned excessive. Everybody binged and partied on the weekends but cleaned up for the week and did their school stuff. I stayed drunk. Now I'm back home living with my parents finishing up school. I'm in a weird denial/acceptance limbo where i know i shouldn't drink...sometimes I control it and I'm good, but 85% of the time i go out i just black out and even with the lack of memory i assume that i embarrassed myself somehow. This leads to anxiety that makes me drink more in the morning and it's a constant cycle. I was dry for a month but now here I am polishing off my tenth shot of whiskey and i know this is going to be a bender but i'm scared because i never know how long they last. I'll drink whenever I'm awake and suddenly one morning I decide I'm done for a while but the intervals are getting longer.
>>
>>7520670
And the second guy made out like minor withdrawals are the end of the world.
>>
>>7520672
Please don't use your experience to suggest something which could prove harmful, and something else which is proven to have a significant chance of being harmful.

You should never suggest to a heavy daily drinker to quit cold turkey without relaying the risks.
>>
>>7520726
I had a similar university experience. Went to work and class drunk but I got away with it - people knew I was fucked up but I didn't care and the grades weren't bad and I could manage work in such a way so that if I was too deep in it I could reschedule or plan around drinking. Got fat, didn't care. Shit job, didn't care. Liver started to hurt one day. Cared. When I was younger I had tried to kill myself a couple times, walked away from that experience lucky and deciding to live. Wasn't about to let a bottle beat me where I failed. Still drink once in awhile but yeah just got tired of it.
>>
>>7520672
Dude, you're the one who made the blunt claims:
>I quit immediately so you can
>some psychedelics hell
You didn't qualify either with a maybe or the possibility of negative effects. All I was doing by shooting down your advice was adding that "maybe" since now it has been beneficial to one person and detrimental to somebody else. You're the only one taking your personal experiences as absolute fact.
>>
>>7520749
How much, how often, and how long were you drinking to the point where your liver started to hurt? I've been going on and off benders for 4 years and my doctor says i'm 100% healthy. When I "binge" it will be 20-30 drinks a day for the course of a week and then i'll quit for about a month. I told him I only drink socially with friends and never have more than 5 so he has no idea about my consumption.
>>
>>7520763
Not the same guy, but I used to get them when I was a binge drinker (when going out) but not an alcoholic. I haven't got them in the year or so I've been in ane out of benders. Your stomach is also breddy close to your liver so I could easily be mistaken, as could the other guy. I know the liveries good at healing but I can't think of any reason the pains woukd stop with increased usage. And that isn't to say I don't feel it when I'm drunk, because I used to, and I don't even feel it sober now.
>>
>>7520763
I know a guy who said he gets pains everywhere from his kidneys, to his liver, his stomach and even his heart. He said it can be pretty intense sometimes, but not quite crippling. Doctor said he's fine.
>>
>>7520763
A couple years it was either 2 40s or 1L of whiskey or vodka. For almost 2 years it was nearly a 1.75L a night. Enough for a decent buzz left over in the morning. It was every night if I could get it, so very rarely did I not go without.
One of my suicide attempts (about 3 years prior to the heavy drinking started) did a number on my liver though - to the point where the doctor told my parents to make arrangements because I guess it was harder to get a donor for attempted suicide cases. I don't know how much of that last bit was true but that's what my folks told me and the attempt definitely was painful on the liver. Point is, I wouldn't compare livers to me.
>>
>>7520781
OK I'm having trouble with this unit crossing. 2 40's is about 8 beers which isn't good but it isn't a lot.

1.75L means nothing to me. Is that 1/2 of a gallon (a handle) 40 shots? Cause that's a fucking lot for a day especially every day. Normally when I decide to drink it's around a fifth (16 shots) a day. This is why we need flags cause i can't tell what type of unit i need to be using...

Also, were you depressed before you started drinking? I wouldn't consider myself to be smart but I've always had thoughts that i don't think a lot of people around me have and they put me in a mental paralysis to the point where drinking washes them away. It just hides them and then they come back and are worse in the morning, though
>>
>>7512583
I stopped when I ran out of money.

I have money now but for whatever reason I just never bought more booze.
>>
>>7512972
Thats borderline, people think theyre not, Try to stop for a week and see if you can.

Im one, stopped 5 years ago, then started last year but only drinking beer. Literally can only handle 3-4 before ive had enough/bored. Best thing I did was quitting
>>
>>7520781
I did a bottle of vodka a day, started in the morning in bed then throughout the day at work, in the evenings id do a bottle of red wine & 4-5 beers.
Rinse & repeat. The problem was I felt so rough/shaky/panicy I had to drink the next day to cope. Its a nasty circle which eventually you either realise & quit or you carry on
>>
>>7520763
Lying to your doctor is never not a great idea.
>>
>>7520832

In 1.75L is 70 shots my dude.
>>
>>7520832
Damn, must suck to be a spastic. Unit conversions aren't that difficult. You could've even just Googled "how many units in a litre of vodka".
>>
>>7512872
Alcoholics don't get clean, they get sober. Junkies/Addicts get clean. There is a big difference
>>
>>7512583
>how did you stop?
nobody ever stops.
>>
>>7513161

>m-muh thermodynamics
>m-muh broscience

Sadly it's a little more complicated than that
>>
>>7512583
Implying I want to stop. What are you a faggot that cares what his mom thinks? Or are you a scrub that cannot stop drinking to function in society.
If you're a real shitter go to rehab then fill your life with God at aa.
>>
>>7520832
2 40s (80oz) is like 8 beers. Get the fuck out its like 7 at best. Are you even calculating your alcohol unit intake?
>>
when it comes to stopping the urge, this is the best advice i've ever had.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wAGdinXZjSc
unfortunately alan watts died from alcoholism. but w/e.
>>
Guys who have quit, how long until the diarrhea subsides? I'm 3 days sober and still pissing out my ass every hour or so. I'm trying to eat and drink a ton of water but it's hard to stay hydrated when I'm spraying sour water so often
>>
I just graduated college and am currently living at home again, my parents discovered my drinking and basically said I needed to quit or I'm kicked out. I was able to hide it from them for a bit, but they are on vacation and I just got off a 5 day full on bender. I remember starting drinking thursday, and waking up tuesday morning. I gotta get my shit together bros, I've got so much to lose
>>
>>7512583
>I've been hitting hard for about 5 years now and I just need to stop. I manage to go 4-6 days without but then go into a bender after that. Any solid tips to stop?

Well, for starters, go see a goddamn doctor. We live in the 21st century. Alcoholism is a well-researched disease, and we have several methods of therapy and medication against it. Minnesota therapy seems to be generally well-received, but it is the kind of therapy that does not allow you to kid around and shit yourself about "drinking less" instead of quitting.

Furthermore, there are medication methods widely available - one being good ol' disulfiram, that makes you horridly sick when ingesting alcohol, and the others are newer methods that remove the "high" of alcohol, as well as the addictive desire for it. Nonetheless, getting past booze will take money, effort and serious self-improvement. You think you're ready for that?
>>
>>7521576
6 weeks sober here.

It stopped around day 3-4 for me, though when I quit I made a conscious effort to get my diet back in order so that may have helped. I drank a fuckload of water and gatorade to stay hydrated, and ate solid home-cooked food (no fast food, candy, etc.)
>>
You can do what I have done, I used to be the same. I don't abstane, that just leads me to utter failure and me vomiting profusely. Instead, cap yourself.

Drink 2 drinks a night, thats it. That's all you get. If you can't do that, try again but instead go out an buy your two drinks from the store and bring them back, that way you are less likely to cheat.

If that doesn't help, you may be an alcoholic man, and you need more help than what this board can offer.
>>
>>7521609
I think that's the reason alcoholics are different than normal drinkers, most of us here including me would say "what's the point in having 2 drinks if I'm not even going to get a buzz?". It's either all or nothing, either I'm going to be totally drunk or totally sober, there's not much inbetween
>>
File: 098097969578 (1).gif (44KB, 230x286px) Image search: [Google]
098097969578 (1).gif
44KB, 230x286px
>>7512872
I only made it 25 days. You give me hope, anon.
>>
>>7518692
>Does someone have a scientific explanation why beer makes you fat ?
Calories in, calories out. Your pic related probably has 400-500 calories per can. Unless you're making significant cuts in your diet to make room for those calories, you're going to get fat. Also, a lot of people tend to make poor food choices when they drink.
>>
18 days without a cig, next is the bottle of wine a night. I'm fucked, no doubt.
>>
>>7521627
You can do it.
You may not believe this yet, but you are worth it.
>>
>>7521782
>occasionally hear people say you can still drink a decent amount and still not get fat by maintaining a proper diet otherwise
>nigga if i had any ounce of self control I wouldn't drink near this much anyway
>>
Holy hell. I've been quitting on my own mostly just fine, but how the hell can I cope with the awful depression that follows going cold turkey?

I have no energy or motivation to do literally anything.
>>
>>7522653
Stop being a pos and join aa donate your time and have people that depend on you. Also jebus loves you you sad sack of shit. Get a job.
>>
>>7522653
This is why people go to 12-step meetings.
It's hard to quit on your own. You need the support and friends afterwards because your depression, anxiety and all your little insecurities will come up 10-fold.
>>
File: 1362682916063.jpg (91KB, 447x444px) Image search: [Google]
1362682916063.jpg
91KB, 447x444px
>>7522657
>>
Any other chronic long term drinkers think they have given themselves nerve damage from drinking? I've been getting drunk since I was 17 but only like once a week or month. At 22 I started drinking daily till 24. At 24 it scaled back a bit but was still like a few times per week till in hit 26 then I stopped completely almost 27now I still feel like I gave myself nerve damage from drinking tho anyone else have experience with this?
>>
I'm like a month in after a long taper. So far it's been an easier quit than cigarettes.

For me the the problem was what to do with the evening -- that stretch from 5 or 6 to midnight when everything was fun with a buzz. Without the buzz it was grim, hard time.

So now I delay dinner until 8:00pm and go to bed at 9:30, leaving me with just an hour or so to fill. Of course some days I wake up at 3:30 am, but somehow that counts as morning and time is different then.

I have some instantized kava to take the edge off in emergencies and valerian + melatonin to knock myself out for bed.
>>
>>7522709
yeah after a bender one time my entire left arm and left side of my face was numb for a week.
>>
>>7520553
Was in band for like 10 years starting in highschool. We stopped playing, but the alcohol remained. And my mom's a fucking drunk.
>>
>>7522748
>>7522709
This, after benders my fingers get tingly and numb and sometimes I feel like I lose control of my hand for a few seconds. Scary shit
>>
>>7513437
>Go to a doctor and just be honest
This is fucking terrible advice. What are they going to do? You think they'll magically cure your alcoholism? No, they'll prescribe benzos and tell you to stop. And then you get that marked on your medical record, which can bar you from certain things as well as increase insurance rates.

Better to either taper or aquire benzos without a prescription. Just don't be a dope and go cold turkey.
>>
>>7522726
I have the same issue. I usually spent most of my nights getting drunk, so trying to figure out what the fuck to do with myself is the issue. Time moves so slowly compared to when you're wasted, it's unreal.

It's not easy going from barely remembering your nights to trying to figure out how to pass all that time when all the hobbies you once loved now bore you. Even fucking video games.
>>
>>7522748
>>7522896

So it says on the alcoholic neuropathy page this is sign of nerve damage? is this the case? or is this something else?
>>
>>7512583
I just went on my casual 1 am booze buying trip

> sober of course, on a bicycle when
> its the cops behind me and pull me over
>ask me for my ID and if i am under any influence and where the hell am i going on a bike at 1 am
> going to get some food at the 24/7 bakery
>ok.jpg
> pick up something to eat and of course go get some wine at the petrol stop
> buy my shit go out and there they are
> they just wave at me and drive off

I haven't felt this shitty in a looong time

I think someone up there is trying to tell me something
>>
Does anyone get chest pains or breathing problems after a bender or when trying to quit? It feels like my breathing is extra labored and theres a pain in my chest. It takes 3 or 4 days to start to subside, feels like I'm gonna have a heart attack
>>
>>7522909
>You think they'll magically cure your alcoholism? No, they'll prescribe benzos and tell you to stop

You don't even know what doctors do regarding to alcoholism. You're just regurgitating old hearsay. And with it, damaging other people's chances of recovery.
>>
>how did you stop?

I feel asleep behind the wheel and hit someone on the freeway, spinning them across several lanes and destroying both our vehicles. Got arrested and charged with dui.

That made it pretty easy
>>
>>7522995

yep. heart feels like its gonna explode after trying to quit after a month + long bender of drinking every day.
>>
>>7523025
I've done a lot of research but haven't found many answers as to what it can be. But in addition to the chest pains it almost feels like my "automatic breathing" is disabled, and I have to manually breath. It scares me every time I'm trying to fall asleep thinking I'm going to stop breathing
>>
>>7523075
how old are you ? do you smoke alot as well ?

when i was working summer season for this firm a truck drivers logistics dude i was in a room with quite a few solid alcoholic as myself to an extent. only i was 20 years younger and they all had trouble breathing when asleep along with other problems.
>>
>>7523147
I'm 23, have never smoked, and am in pretty good shape, which is why I'm so surprised it happens. I've read about "holiday heart syndrome", or abnormal heart rate due to binge drinking. Doesn't explain the breathing though
>>
>>7523175
wouldn't be to worried if you are that young, but if you really want to be sure you know where to go

you never know
>>
>>7523206
After this particular bender I'm set on quitting for good, or at least a long time. If problems persist though I'll see a doctor, like people have said though I'm afraid of telling the doctor about alcohol abuse since it can affect your record and insurance
>>
>>7522997
Except, that's literally their exact treatment. Instead of calling me out and blaming me for shit, give actual advice. I told you what the doctors will do, and then to get that exact treatment without the negative effects.

There is no magic pill, and the docs will not fix you up.
>>
>>7520671

Going cold turkey after years of alcoholism can literally kill you.
>>
Allow me to dispel this notion of trying to quit becuase its hard or lessen the amount one drinks.

You can't quit because you want to this week or because the alcohol has its grip on you. YOU have a grip on you, an emotional tie to this coping mechanism of imbibing. The physical addiction can wane after a few days with proper care from physician or self-tapering but we know the latter doesn't have high appeal.

It is a lifestyle change, it is a healing process where you may stumble a few times but ultimatley your eye is still on the prize which is getting mentally/physically healthy, working on inner-problems while sober. Sure it sucks in your own thoughts (so go for a run, run it out), sure you might get bored (seriously find some shit you are passionate about and trade in the abuseful addiction for a positive one.)

But, it is not the booze folks.
>>
>>7522999
Jesus, glad you are still here, hope the victim is too. Got my 3rd owi last Feb on Valentines day. Thought I was fucked, gave in, surrendered and figured I was doomed.

But as luck would have it I got charged with 2nd-2nd and did 30 days in jail but no felony which was what I was most concerned with. License gone for 5 years but I'm learning to live with out it. Getting back on track.
>>
>>7523376
I'm fine, screwed up my ankle a bit but that's it. Other driver is totally okay. Luckily for me this is the first offense, but I've actually totalled 4 other cars while drinking and never been caught.

Now that the cops are in on it and I have a wife it's time to smarten the Fuck up.
>>
>>7518990
What exactly is an alcohol assessment?

I got a DUI almost ten years ago. All I had to do in regards to it (besides court fees and what not) was go to this weekend away thing. I basically stayed at a local hotel (had to room with like a 60 year old SEVERE alcoholic) and sit through classes/speeches/movies for the weekend. It wasn't too bad. Worst part was my roommate talked to himself constantly, and brought 3 fucking cartons of cigs for the weekend.

Yes, he went through all three.
>>
>>7523075
That manual breathing shit is a big symptom of anxiety. I have it from time to time. It's only manual in your mind...your body won't just stop breathing like that.
>>
File: 1448837235422.jpg (54KB, 540x472px) Image search: [Google]
1448837235422.jpg
54KB, 540x472px
>>7522995
I cough. Not a normal clear your throat cough. It comes up from my stomach, the deepest cough so that it's almost like a gag/puke BURHHHUUUUUUURRRRRRRR
In the morning its hard to breath properly, I gag and blow my nose a lot. Swallowing is hard. Taking a shot will often lessen the symptoms but sometimes I throw it back up alongside a pit full of yellow bile. I'm a smoke cigarettes (low consumption) and often cannot smoke in the morning, it makes me sick. I often have to meditate outside in fresh air, breath as deeply as I can, and remind myself that I'm not choking and that I can breath.
>>
>>7523025
What is a long bender every day? I don't know what that means.
>>
>>7521621

People act like this logic is wrong.

To me this is the more sturdy logic. Alcohol makes you impaired. Why drink it at all if that's all it has going for it?

Scotch tastes like smoke flavored poison. Nobody in their right mind is drinking that shit "for the taste".

Saying you have a single drink with dinner is akin to saying "I went to college but only to learn about women's studies. I didn't graduate or get a degree or anything".

What the fuck was the point?

You want to be hydrated? Drink water or tea. Want a pick me up? Coffee. Want to get drunk? Alcohol.

Its only use and purpose.
>>
>>7524054
I'm gonna go with
>this
Drinking a beer at night serves no purpose.
>>
>>7521609
What is two drinks? I drink as many alcohol units as I can before I have to wake up for work. ex I have 10 hours before work I'll have 9 alcohol units
>>
>>7523364
This. Physical addiction notwithstanding
I was a stoner and had to pass drug tests to get a job, quit cold turkey but started drinking most days. Eventually got a job where I wan't drug tested, went back to blazing. Not to say that I don't drink occasionally but still.
Probably better to exchange your shitty habit for a good one instead of a different shitty one, but at least shitty is something else
>>
>>7524040

It means your a nit picking autist. Go to bed kiddo, adults are talking
>>
>>7524054
Don't try to convince yourself everybody is the same as you just because you have a gutter palate.
>>
>>7524298

Fuck off. Seriously.

Develop a taste for pure ethanol and get back to me on "superior taste".

Sip a 200 proof glass on the rocks by the pool and I'll admit defeat.

Otherwise, we're both admitting pure ethanol taste like god damn nightmarish poison.

In which case and drink featuring alcohol is at an inherent disadvantage to drinks not featuring alcohol.

So basically, the most delicious alcoholic beverage can NEVER compete with the most delicious non-alcoholic beverage in terms of taste.

Get fucked.
>>
>>7524346
No non-aloholic beverage can achieve the complexity of an alcoholic beverage. Alcohol absorbs and carries flavours in a way no other substance can.
>>
>>7524366

It also adds a bitter disgusting taste.

No amount of the bullshit you said can compensate.
>>
>>7524375
Yes, just like many of the better things in this world it takes a developed sophistication to appreciate it.
>>
>>7524389

You're basically telling everyone how much better braille is to feel than anything feeli's on earth.
>>
>>7524346
So if if large quantities of pure salt taste disgusting, that means it can't make anything taste better? Not that I disagree with your view on the purpose of alcohol, you just expressed it in a shitty way.
>>
Lost everything started going to AA you can't just want to stop ,you have to be willing to do whatever it takes
>>
>tfw just woke
>pissed the bed
fug. i've never done this before, no matter how wasted i've been. hello new low.
>>
>>7521265
>In 1.75L is 70 shots my dude.
do you know how much 1.4L is? i'm too hung over to work it out. but i'm curious how many shots i have a day. never tested it because i drink smirnoff from a pint glass.
>>
>>7520553
anxiety and boredom.
>>
>>7524054
Yeah, nah.

Scotch is delicious. The smokier the better
>>
File: home sweet home.png (2MB, 1000x1674px) Image search: [Google]
home sweet home.png
2MB, 1000x1674px
>tfw havent cleaned my house since 2012
the carpet under my water jug and piss kettle is only 5yrs old. there's broken glass in every room, blood stains on the walls and i have zero food. >>7521455

halp
>>
>>7513811
By not being a pathetic gross drunk
>>
>>7523247
Pipe down, fagmobile. No-one's buying your hippie self-help garbage.

If you want to get proper treatment, go see a fucking doctor.
>>
>>7520658
fuckin kek mate
>>
>>7524054
If you aren't a raging alcy a few scotches can have you feeling pretty groovy famiglio
>>
File: xGCF3NO.png (29KB, 118x122px) Image search: [Google]
xGCF3NO.png
29KB, 118x122px
>>7513139
>and it untoned my fucking muscles
>>
I love booze.

Haven't tried any drug besides alcohol but if I drink quite a bit it makes me enjoy stuff so much more. It's almost like I'm not depressed anymore. It also tastes fucking amazing if you get the right drink.
Good drinks, from my experience mostly rum and whiskey taste incredible. Rum especially, a good rum can lighten up my day just from taste alone. And that's not even the getting drunk part. And getting drunk is also great.

I know this is just drunk ramblings, but shit, alcohol is a great gift that all people should appreciate.Although the only reason I'm able to say this is that I try to not abuse the stuff and get drunk every day, But even the true alcoholics I can totally understand. At least you guys have found a purpose in life.

Apologies for the drunk booze talk but I just wanted to profess my love for alcohol.
>>
>>7524769
>hippie self-help garbage
>literally telling you what the doctors will do

Okay dipshit, then you tell me what they do. Tell me about this magical cure for alcoholism that only doctors seem to know about. They're literally just going to tell you to stop/taper/cut back and give you benzos. Supervised stay if you're too fucking deep, liver test if you really want, then a bill and mark on your medical record.

Skip the last two and get the same treatment administered by yourself. Unless your eyes are jaundiced and liver is shutting down, it's pretty straight-forward.
>>
>>7518990
if you are still here listen up!

I took an assessment and went to rehab too. i did not, however, get a DUI. I was /pothead/ who wouldn't even stop smoking when i got on probation. needless to say i failed drug tests and was looking at a lengthy jail(county) term. as an alternative to jail, my attorney advised me to do the assessment and voluntarily go to rehab for 30 days...yes for pot. anyway, i did it and lied in both. not becasue they would punish me more, but i knew how to play into their hand and did so to make it through the experience as smoothly as i could.

i must advise you to strongly consider whether rehab is worth it to you. it will stay on your MIB(medical information bureau) report and you cannot apply for a concealed carry permit for 10 years. if youre looking at serious time, it may well be worth not fucking up school/work by having to go to con college. if you dont care about your medical history or firearms, then whatevs you're a commie anyway. if ya drink dont drive do the watermelon crawl (shitty country song from when i was a young lad)
>>
>>7524346
I'm totally in agreement that the main reason to drink alcohol is to get drunk. But at the same time, how does that explain the existence of non-alcoholic beer? My grandpa grew up drinking a beer with breakfast when he was 10 years old. He's never been an alcy, but has diabetes so he drinks non-alcoholic beer quite often just because he enjoys the taste. So maybe it's possible
>>
>>7524654
I feel you bro, except I actually shit the bed last weekend when hammered. It wasn't like I didn't remember it though, I remember having to fart during the night and in the midst of my bender I should have known I haven't shit solid in days.
>>
>>7520553
I started in college while going out with friends and obviously enjoyed the feeling of being drunk. But then I realized there were other things I'd rather do alone drunk, like surfing the net, video games, movies, etc. And thus started my downward spiral of alcoholism. I think once you start drinking on your own is when it really becomes a problem
>>
>>7513010
>>7513086
I'm 24 with a good job in tech.

I'm about the same, 4-5 nights will be a bottle of wine, or most of a 6 pack, or a series of stiff gin and tonics.

I'm not sure if it's alcoholism, but I occasionally take 2 weeks off with no issues.
>>
>>7526230
I thought I was being smart drinking at home because then I wouldn't risk driving drunk. But--you're right--it lead to more and more drinking on the regular.
>>
>>7523147
>>7523075

I think I finally figured it out, binge drinking can bring on GERD, basically extreme heartburn. Stomach acid irritating the esophagus can cause it to swell and constrict making breathing tougher. This explains both my chest pain as well as breathing difficulty after drinking
>>
>>7512583
if you want the easy answer, take some LSD. 200 micrograms will put you on a good solid trip, and when you come out of it you won't feel like drinking. it will be months before you feel like having a drink, and that gives you plenty of time to explore the nature of your addiction and how to deal with it.
>>
>>7520658
>>7525204
Might be serious.

I drink so I can still enjoy video games.

24 with a fun, challenging job, and I just want to feel alive when I'm at home, too.
>>
>>7527226
I want to try this, but I know it wouldn't be enjoyable. It would be a bad trip with me realizing how fucked up I really am. Probably would be beneficial in the long run though but doesn't get me excited to do it
>>
please just kill me. make it end. why won't i die? 5.40am and randomly woke, now can't sleep again, just shaking like mad and anxious as almighty fuck. on a hardcore vodka bender, mailed 'her' last night when drunk so likely to be shot today, 7 days into cold turkey from heroin and crack, used an entire week's worth of valium last night so now about to go cold turkey from that for 7 days... i legitimately want to die right now.
>>
>>7527226
tried lsd. in fact i've tried every common street drug in an attempt to escape alcohol. lsd only had me sober for like 3 days
>>
File: image.jpg (77KB, 636x781px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
77KB, 636x781px
>>7527508
>Take LSD a couple weeks ago
>Happiest I've felt in forever
>Feeling doesn't carry on into the following days
>>
>>7526224
wtf is standard procedure after having saturated a mattress with urine? i mean do i need to buy a new bed now? the whole room reeks of piss. will this hell dissipate?
>>
>>7527505
7 days into heroin wd's?

dunno how you can even look at /ck/. I'm on my 13th hour without my daily hydromorphone dose (a 30 every 24-30 hours) and i feel like shit already. I don't even wanna think about food.
>>
>>7527803
last time i came off opiates was after 5 years of codeine 400mg/day. sometimes i'd take double the dose. then went cold turkey. kek. 5 years of use every day then i stopped.
6 months later i was completely normal again, but the first 4 days, oh wow. that's more suffering than i thought it'd be possible to survive.
i've only been using heroin for about 2 years, and never taken for more than 14 consecutive days. never been on methadone either, i just go cold turkey all the damn time and wait it out. give it a couple more weeks and the panic/inability to interact with people should be gone, i'll just be left with the extreme depression for a few months.
>>
Are opiates worth is?
>>
>>7527823
no. heroin is shit. nicer than being hung over all the time, but ludicrously, absolutely unimaginably physically addictive, almost immediately. if i use that shit for just 1 motherfucking day i get physical withdrawal symptoms.
>>
>>7527820
I have been on anywhere from 300mg/day oxycodone to 50mg/day of hydromorphone, to 800mg/day of codeine (cw extraction on t1's). and it's always the same for me,
Day 1 - +12h after last dose = runny eyes, nose, irritable, lower gi "pressure", hot/cold flashes
day 2 = the shits, gag every so often, hot/cold, extreme sweating, lack of motivation, extreme agitation etc
day 3 - 7 = same as day 2 gradually getting less worse, but sleep only comes for about 1 hour/2 if im lucky, and i always drench the bed with sweat.

t+ 1 week= getting better but still feel mentally "weak" and cravings will not go away.

my WD's literally lasted 2 months last time I went clean. I used to eat 30 5/325 percs a day, but that was too expensive so I went to hydromorph (dilaudid) @ 8-24mg a day, that's what really fucked me.

/blog
>>
>>7527823
don't start a habit you can't afford. you'll lose friends, girls, money, family, you'll pawn your shit, steal, lie, commit fraud, sell yourself, etc etc.

i've done 95% of it just to get high. not even high more like "normal"

my worst fear is withdrawals. i would rather fist fuck my own asshole with a broken arm than go through WD's
>>
>>7527843
yeah getting to sleep is awful. even when i do sleep i have the most horrific and vivid nightmares. also yeah, drenched in sweat which has a disgusting and distinct stench to it.
opiates/opioids are fucking lethal. they're so vicious that i don't think i'll use again, it's just too savage.
>>
>>7525884
Stop shilling your self-help garbage, shillington. No-one's going to buy your book about how you kicked the hooch by chanting chakras and stopping taking meds. You are literally damaging other alcoholic's chances of getting correct treatment, and forcing a false image of untrustworthiness of established western medicine. Also stop making threads about milk and tapwater being jewish conspiracies, and especially stop campaigning against vaccinations. That shit kills people. And stop bombing abortion clinics while you're at it.

Fucking hooplehead new age cultist hippies. A plague upon civilized societies.
>>
I'm drinking gin on the floor right now unironically. It's getting pretty bad over here lads.
>>
omfg. i just knocked over 2L of extremely ripe piss. it's coming through the ceiling into the room below. do i have to move house?
>>
i can't go on. wtf do i do? i couldn't take the hangovers so i stopped drinking for a month. barely slept at all during that month, and eventually that became more painful than the hangovers, so now i've been drunk for months again. i can't fucking go on
>>
>>7528435
Taper off. Write a schedule (get a white board for your wall to keep it in your face) and follow it strictly. Hold yourself accountable.
>>
>>7528529
Names? We 420Chan now.
>>
>>7528435
I stopped for a month. Did all right until the fourth week when depression set in pretty bad. Went back to drinking on weekends. Not sure if it really helps or not. Feels good on weekends, but still depressed during the week.
>>
>>7523025
alcohol withdrawal can cause blood pressure to s\kyrocket. you are at risk for stroke/heart attack

i finally am getting that to. now am trying hard to drink only a couple beers per day.
>>
>>7528435
if you can quit a month then you should be ok. ask doctors for some sleep medication (even over the counter benadryl helps tons). and improve nutrition and try some exercise.
>>
>>7528529
Not always possible to stick to a schedule. Sometimes your body just feels like it needs more, especially if you're used to evening drinking but you've used up your scheduled units by spacing them out throughout the day. This happens to me.
>>
>>7528363
LOL

enjoy your piss pot house
>>
>>7520553
moved away from home for a job out of college that seemed good at the time.

10 months later and I fucking hate it. Been applying for new jobs the past six months with no responses. living in a basement for "cheap" rent ($1250 in long island) thats close to work.

hate the work, hate the location, no windows. started to feel insane so began drinking to cope. and its worked great until recently, beginnings of a pot belly and back to sleepless nights.

all i want is to get a bike and move to nyc. but nobody will hire me because i took a position in desperation thats not related to my field. nobody wants to hire unless you have five years of experience (i guess those four summers i worked for free as an intern at different places meant jack shit). im sick of feeling useless and immobile. its kind of like slowly dying in my own prison with no escape.

but i learned a valuable lesson at least. if i ever make it out of here alive... im never fucking living in a basement ever again.
>>
>>7528873
>sleepless nights.
imo this is one of the most unbearable things about alcoholism.
i'm stopping today. who knows how long for, but i haven't been sober since jan. fuck this. tomorrow i will wake without a hangover.
>>
>>7528873
whats so bad about basements
>>
>>7512583

I could prolly stop but I don't want to. Never tried. It's my day off. Im on drink 10 of bourbon and coke zero . Feelin gud. PSteaming superman vs batman. Will eat something later. I'm a verbally abusive dick when I'm
Not drinking.so, I drink. It's better this way. I've come to terms wid it I guess.
I spike my drinks at work to help take the edge off. When I'm home I get blasted. I don't go out an drink anymore. I drink to much so I just drink at home. Sry..I'm
Buzzed right now, onU my phone.
>>
>>7528895
A--are you ok fucked up drunk anon
>>
>>7528885
you begin to really appreciate the power of windows. id easily pay another $200/mo for two windows that gives the same amount of space an abundance of natural lighting.

ive set up the place pretty nice to make it as cozy as possible but even with good lighting its just not the same as natural sunlight (even moonlight at night). going to bed in complete darkness only to wake up to the same environment, not being able to tell whether its sunrise or 1 am without a clock makes me not want to go to bed. plus no fresh air makes me really paranoid and anxious, sometimes i get the feeling im going to suffocate in my sleep or that im losing brain cells being down there.

its hard to really describe unless youve been living it daily for months. i didnt think itd be a big deal either but after a while it begins to feel like a cell.
>>
For those going through withdrawals, I'll just say the right strain of Kratom helps quite a bit
>>
>>7529043
how do i know which is the "right" strain?
>>
>>7523955
holy fuck dude you have just described my mornings to a T. most times i cant even drink water or anything all i do is swallow over and over as painful as it is until i feel like i can take a deep breath and keep the vomit down. most times this takes the entire 45min ride to work to work itself out. Sometimes puking out the window on the fly just to make it to work on time. and then like magic its gone and will cease to exist until the morning i dun get it. also im not an alcoholic i just dont remember saturday or sunday.
Thread posts: 279
Thread images: 17

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.