[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why is everyone so obsessed with the McRib? I've never had

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 69
Thread images: 10

File: mcrib-10.jpg (67KB, 909x681px) Image search: [Google]
mcrib-10.jpg
67KB, 909x681px
Why is everyone so obsessed with the McRib? I've never had one, but they look kinda shitty. What's exactly the deal with them?

Is the hype real?
>>
i've had one twice before

they both seemed to be made wrong but i guess that's how they are
>>
>>7503526
Imo it's a hit and miss. One time I thought it was the greatest thing ever. The next week it tasted like shit. Try it at least once, op
>>
File: 1426552620420.jpg (35KB, 569x580px) Image search: [Google]
1426552620420.jpg
35KB, 569x580px
>>7503526
Fuck you
>>
It's AIDS between AIDS buns
>>
>>7503526
Did you love those rib sandwiches in grade school? It's basically that + onions and pickles

Personally those things were crack to me, so I love it McRib
>>
>>7503526
I think it's just a nostalgic thing, for a lot of poorfags they served "rib patties" all the time in public school.

I honestly think the fresh onions on a mcrib kind of ruins it.
>>
File: rib patty.png (272KB, 436x280px) Image search: [Google]
rib patty.png
272KB, 436x280px
>>7503574
>>7503581
My niggas.
Also, square pizza, and hamburgers with those tiny finely diced shallots
>>
>>7503588
Square pizzas are boss
>>
>>7503601
>Square pizzas are boss
unless you got a corner piece.
>>
>>7503633
Nigga that's one extra side you can dip in ranch
>>
File: MRE Pork Rib (1).jpg (574KB, 1200x1600px) Image search: [Google]
MRE Pork Rib (1).jpg
574KB, 1200x1600px
>>7503526

I was in the military and was in the Infantry so ate my fair share of MRE's.

We had an MRE that looked exactly (and tasted I presume, never had a McDugals rib sandwich) like a McRib.

I avoided it like the plague, would either trade it or just not eat. Except one time on a training exercise and I was starving.

It was "edible", but your mind plays tricks on you when you're that hungry, it allows you to eat shit you normally wouldn't.

Remember that kid the lunch table would pool their money together to get the gross kid to eat chocolate milk mixed with mash potatoes and whatever gross shit you'd also put in it? That's the guy who likes them.

>pic related

Always love how they specified "imitation"
>>
>>7503636
Philistine

>>7503645
Chili Mac FTW
>>
>>7503645
>Military MRE
>"ameriqual" brand
>290 calories for a meal

wut
>>
>>7503656
That's one portion of the full meal
>>
I did. It was absolutely disgusting. Literally the worst thing I've had from a McDonalds.
>>
>>7503653

Chili Mac does indeed win.

>>7503656
They put other stuff in them. That's also not including the pack of bread (only one that got 2 breads I think) they give you to sammich it.
>>
>>7503526
Had one 25yrs ago after seeing the commercial on tv. Let me tell you, it was basically ground fine meat with un-chewable shit ligaments in some parts, I mean big chunks. It looked delicious in the commercial, but I just remember freaking out biting into it. PASS.
>>
>>7503526
They're nothing compared to the hype. They're a shitty "rib meat" pissed patty with bbq sauce. Just get the only thing worth getting at McD's, a large fry, and go get a better burger from literally anywhere else.
>>
>>7503526
>McRib

It pisses me off that they still make the McRib but have never returned the Chopped Beefsteak Sandwich to the menu and that was actually really good.
>>
>>7503740

I've gone in and ordered my usual big mac with extra sauce and large fry and large coke but when this thing comes out I order 2-3 of them at a time.

I honestly miss the mcd pizza over anything else.
>>
It is shitty. It's pork shoulder meat processed into a meat patty shaped like ribs, slathered in gross bbq sauce, and loosely topped with pickles and raw onions. Messy and unsatisfying. I honestly cannot tell you why they have such a cult following.
>>
I always assumed the "mcrib is back people like this thing" was just an advertising scheme and no one really cares for it anymore than their normal items
>>
>>7503836
I used to think that too. But then when it does come back, people lose their shit. Drive by a McDee's when it returns and you'll see the drive-thru packed as fuck.
>>
It's almost entirely marketing hype. Here in europe it's on the menu every day of the year and barely anybody orders it.
>>
>>7503526
I've had one a couple of years back.

It was okay. Bread was a little dry and the meat slurry they made the patty with didn't provide enough moisture to counteract that. The taste was decent, but not enough to justify the hype.
>>
It looks and sounds great, but the sauce is very mediocre and the meat tastes like a generic mash of meat, no real flavor at all

how expensive is it right now? for 1.50 or so might be a nice grab
>>
I think the only time I ever had one was when the Flintstones movie came out and they were heavily advertised.

It's really just another shitty fast food sandwich; nothing to get excited about.
>>
Like said before, it's cafeteria pressed meat pork with mcdonalds sauce, onions, and pickles. Godawful.
>>
>>7503526
I know they're shitty, but I can't help craving one every so often.

Then I remind myself I live next to a decent barbecue place.
>>
>>7503526
>pickles
>barbecue sauce
Instant vomit producer I don't see why people love these pieces of shit
>>
>>7503526
Its a shitty over hyped excuse for mcdicks. The "rib" is spongy and tasteless, slathered with crappy BBQ sauce and dumped on with onions.
It was defiantly the most disappointing special menu item i have ever had.
>>
>>7503526
It's gross if they don't put enough sauce on the patty, but when they get it right it's incredible. I usually get one once a year when they come back.
>>
>>7503656
>290 calories for the main dish
>1,000 other calories from soup, fruit cocktail, beverage powders, snacks, candies, drink mixes, bread/crackers, etc

>three of them in a day
>>
Funnily enought the McRib, McNugget and some other McDonalds products was designed by Rene Arend a chef who has cooked for Queen Elizabeth II. Also the McRib is limited time due to pork prices rising so much when it is produced it can be only produced for limited times.
>pic is an uncooked McRib
>http://articles.mcall.com/1984-03-21/features/2400763_1_ronald-mcdonald-chef-rene-arend-whitehall-club
>http://www.chicagomag.com/Chicago-Magazine/The-312/October-2011/The-Invention-of-the-McRib-and-Why-It-Disappears-from-McDonalds/
>http://www.theawl.com/2011/11/a-conspiracy-of-hogs-the-mcrib-as-arbitrage
>>
File: images.jpg (16KB, 443x332px) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
16KB, 443x332px
>>7504473
>forgot pic
>>
>>7504440
Shit once a week with asshole devastating heroin level shits too.

>tfw living off of MREs for two months after katrina

I swear i could count on my hands the number of shits i took over those two months, but those were real deal gubment propertree MREs not commercial ones so YMMV.
>>
File: image.jpg (1MB, 1536x2056px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
1MB, 1536x2056px
>>7503526
It's a permanent item on the menu here and it's utter shit.
Pic related: I managed one bite and then threw it away.
>>
They're absolutely fucking disgusting.

Only fast food I've ever thrown out after one bite. I spat it out too. It was like pure squishy fat.
>>
A McDonald's thread on /ck/?
No way.
>>
People enjoy them like people enjoy pizza rolls.
>>
I don't know but I've kind of wanted to try it ever since I saw the Simpsons ribwich episode.
>>
>>7503972
>Then I remind myself I live next to a decent barbecue place.
You have literally no excuse to eat at McDonalds, anon.
>>
>3 McDick threads on the first page alone

I want to die.
>>
theyre fucking gross, and I like mcdonalds burgers. that should tell you something.
>>
>>7503645
>them brackets
>>
>>7504603
>Not using the catalog
for what purpose?
>>
>>7504842

To find out that there's already a McD's thread that you can post in instead of starting a new one.
>>
>>7504860

All these people do is post about McDonald's dude. Entire threads are started with just

>Big Mac

Or

>For me, it's the McChicken
>>
Subway does rip subs with the same imitation pork rib.

They're fucking disgusting and grey and I don't know why any likes them, but my friend thinks they're like crack.
>>
File: 20151104_173247.jpg (4MB, 3984x2988px) Image search: [Google]
20151104_173247.jpg
4MB, 3984x2988px
Pic related, the last McRib i ate. It made me mad so i left a used condom in the booth
>>
marketing
>>
>>7504860
You're right. All McDonalds discussion should be in the same thread. In fact, why not put all fast food in the same thread? Or maybe we should separate it based on meat vs vegetables. Hell, we should just have one thread for all food based threads of any kind!
>>
>>7504994
Underrated post
>>
>>7504994
spotted the virgin
>>
>>7504986
That looks vile, even by McDump's standards. Nice pickle butt.
>>
It's meme food.
>>
No, the hype is not real. That's called advertising. When you see a big billboard saying "THE MCRIB IS BACK" really, nobody gives a shit.
>>
>>7505150
>really, nobody gives a shit.

Yes they do, you just don't leave your house or associate with people cause NEET
>>
>>7505235

Nah, they really don't. You just don't realize it because it's popular among your crowd of juvenile degenerate fast-food apologists who can't cook. Normal people couldn't give a rat's ass.
>>
>>7503581
>I honestly think the fresh onions on a mcrib kind of ruins it.
Yep. The McRib is high school cafeteria tier garbage even without the raw onions though.
>>
I've never had one. Even if McRib's tasted lush, they've been hyped up too much that disappointment is inevitable.
>>
>>7505105
That's an absurd escalation. If none of the mcd's threads are hitting the post/image cap there's no excuse for there to be 2-3 threads, let alone entire threads for one menu item
>>
>>7505241
>Normal people couldn't give a rat's ass.

Normal people eat fast food, you just don't realize it because in your crowd of never-going-to-be-chefs or no talent stay at home hipster moms you think it's impressive to claim you're above something everybody else enjoys
>>
>>7505287
So hide the threads faggot

Generals are cancer and not allowed on good boards for a reason, every board that allows generals suffers because of it
>>
>>7505291
>Normal people eat fast food

Sure. But when it's a matter of necessity. They don't sperg out over ZOMG the McRib is back. It's just food to get them through their business trip or whatever the heck.

>> you think it's impressive to claim...

Nah, I eat fast food too bro. But I don't sperg out about it.

It's not impressive to say that anyone is above fast food; it's normal.
>>
File: 1437690666258.gif (765KB, 350x249px) Image search: [Google]
1437690666258.gif
765KB, 350x249px
>>7505291
>Normal people eat fast food, you just don't realize it because in your crowd of never-going-to-be-chefs or no talent stay at home hipster moms you think it's impressive to claim you're above something everybody else enjoys
>posting a highly upset diarrhea reply like this
>>
The McRib is good but not special, it reminds me of the rib sandwiches from school lunch

Always get it without pickles and onions
>>
Whenever they start advertising these, the first thing that I think is "yum bbq, I need to go to a bbq joint."
Thread posts: 69
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.