[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Just took a lady out on a date, I order my meal for $45 and get

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 2

File: o[1].jpg (69KB, 750x1000px) Image search: [Google]
o[1].jpg
69KB, 750x1000px
Just took a lady out on a date, I order my meal for $45 and get this. I don't even know what this is. Is this what fine dining in America is now? 45 dollars!
>>
>>7496277
Don't forget to buy her son dinner as well.
>>
File: Dax.jpg (73KB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
Dax.jpg
73KB, 320x240px
>>7496277
>Complains about serving size in clearly higher class restaraunt.
>On a date

This anon knows how to impress women...
>>
>>7496287
45 bucks for a soggy piece of pork rind and collard greens? Complete bullshit
>>
You could have you know, googled it. I mean you're taking a lady into some restaurant apparently fancy enough on the outside or by reputation for you to imagine it's going to have "American fine dining" with zero research. You're lucky you weren't all eating African food with your fingers out of a bowl or something crazy, you idiot. Google.
>>
>>7496277
>Just took a lady out on a date, I order my meal for $45 and get this.

No you didn't. A simple search by image shows that's from some Yelp page from 2014.
>>
It sounds like you had your first experience dining at a luxury restaurant.

You don't pay more for high quality, innovative food, or even the good service.

You pay more simply for the fact that you know only the upper crust of society will be eating there (aside from the occasional person such as yourself), and not associating with people who care about getting good food for good money is considered a positive trait among the stupidly rich.
>>
>>7496277
dude that's BS. I'd suck down some of them 150 dollar bottles of wine first and go back there and get in the chef's face. really raise your voice and dump the shit over his head and tell him that you wouldn't feed this shit to a starving little ooga booga in buttfuggistan. beat your hand on the table and really make him feel like an animal. lol. and when the bill comes just throw the money at them and tell them to keep the change u filthy animal ok. that's really what they do in them fansy restaurants ok.
>>
>>7496328

>You don't pay more for high quality, innovative food, or even the good service.
>You pay more simply for the fact that you know only the upper crust of society will be eating there

if you're very very insecure about your money, maybe.
>>
>>7496759

I'm not really sure what point you're making.

"Luxury" is a concept that's been around for centuries, and just means it's a place where the prices are inflated simple so that poor people wont eat there.

These days it's usually outdated, mediocre spa cuisine.
>>
>>7496770

it's obviously supposed to mean a quality of service that fosters total relaxation and unfettered enjoyment of the service. that may mean excluding the hoi polloi when it's a public service, but it's not the entire basis of the classification.
>>
>taking pictures of your food on your first date like some retarded Yelper
>Your date: What are you taking pictures for?
>You: Oh I'm going to show this to some guys on a Samoan scrimshaw forum

Stay classy.
>>
>>7496815

i learned a word today, and i don't learn words on 4chan very often, thanks anon
>>
>>7496783

There is definitely an established use of the term luxury that refers to to exclusivity.

You can eat at everything between your corner diner and three Michelin star restaurants, which you might spend months getting a reservation at, but you're never going to run into Trump at any of those places, because he pays for the privilege to eat a mediocre, $200, well done steak at the top of a skyscraper just as a status symbol, and so that someone with his kind of money knows he wont have to be in the same room with anyone who isn't a millionaire while he's eating.
>>
>>7496277
That looks like something a flyover version of a hipster would serve at a farm-to-table gastropub next to the only espresso shop in town that isn't starbucks. I don't believe it was $45 though. Maybe $17. Which seems like a lot until you consider that those leaves aren't iceberg lettuce or even any known form of spinach. Because heirloom vegetables are all the rage now, my uncle reads Midwest Living and they had an article all about it.

No doubt they proudly serve West Babyjesusville Brewing's Hop Carpet Bomb DIPA, and Cleetus B. Hayseed's At Least We're Not the South Imperial Stout on tap, and they offer provocatively hip desserts such as cupcakes (just like New York!), and edgy starters like a spicy spanish soup called gazprom or something (it's cold?!? those gourmet hipster foodies have gone too far this time!)

Also, in a dangerously pretentious nod to the foodie trends of Shitcago, all menu items would be priced in whole numbers with a dash next to them. This would show that they are about the food, and not about nickel-and-diming the customers.

Some of the more well travelled regulars may get into the habit of tipping a generous 15% if the service is excellent. Which, of course, it would be, at all times, as befits the finest gastropub in all of {insert flyover state here}.
>>
>>7496848

before i address this, can i just ask: have you eaten at a lot of fine dining restaurants? do you feel like you have access to these places, or are you speaking as an impoverished outsider?
>>
>>7496864

I grew up in an affluent jewish family, so yes, I'm speaking from experience.

I'm currently posting on 4chan, so obviously didn't live up to the expectations placed on me, and have actually worked in the kitchens of the kind of places I was referring to.
>>
>>7496820
which word
>>
>>7496850
Gazpacho is vile though.
>>
>>7496848
Trump eats at both but always sells at the luxury one
>>
>>7496850

Is there a reason you mentioned Chicago specifically? Or was it just that it's the cultural center that smaller Midwestern cities would look to ape for foodie-cred?
>>
>>7496882

scrimshaw
>>
>>7496892
>was it just that it's the cultural center that smaller Midwestern cities would look to ape for foodie-cred?
Yes
>>
>>7496906
hooch
>>
>2016
>not knowing what kale is
>>
>>7496287
>being afraid to voice your opinion
>impressing anyone

good luck with that cuck
>>
>>7496287
The guy who did the makeup for ds9 said doing hers was his favourite part of the job
>>
>>7496850
You are one sad individual.
>>
>>7497113
Of course it was, she's fucking awesome.
>>
>>7497076
>falling for the kale meme
>>
> wining and dining bitches
> any year
>>
>>7497505

Stay gay
>>
any girl i'm with better get used to jack in the box coupons

limit one per order?

i will drop you off at the door and you can hit the counter while i hit the drive-thru
>>
>>7496870
>born into a winning rich jew family

>still fuck it up

that sucks. your parents must be disappointed
>>
>>7496287
>not showing off to your lady how much you need dat protein
>>
>>7496287
>Doesn't know what fine dining is
>Thinks OP is complaining about serving size
>>
>>7496323
/thread
>>
>>7496277
It's called a "robbery"!
Thread posts: 38
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.