[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why do companies insist on ruining flavor for foods that will

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 87
Thread images: 9

File: kraft mac-and-cheese.jpg (61KB, 700x400px) Image search: [Google]
kraft mac-and-cheese.jpg
61KB, 700x400px
Anyone else think the new kraft mac and cheese tastes like garbage? I had to throw out the whole pot after one bite, and I had just restocked my supply, ended up throwing out 10 boxes of this shit. Whats with companies destroying their products for people that never intend to feed thier kids or themselves this product in the first place. Whats the point anyway people that want to eat healthy cant possibly think mac-n-cheese is healthy in the first place. pic related bring back my bright orange deliciousness in all its chemical glory.
>>
You are 7 months to late nigger
>>
>>7490565
you could still get the good stuff and you still can in the celephane sealed 4 packs. But once they run out of stock it will be gone forever. General Mills did this a few years ago with all their cereals. mothers that want to feed thier children healthy food arent going to buy sugar cereals anyway. It seems so pointless.
>>
I had a mac and cheese sample at sams club. It was done al dente and it was gross.
>>
>>7490590
they changed the noodles a while back to reduce production costs but it didnt really matter since the sauce was so good. now its just bad on top of worse. the key used to be using butter instead of margarin, they used to have this recipe on the box years ago but the removed it from the directions. nothing can save this shit though.
>>
yoplait yogurt tastes horrible now. I dont even eat any yogurt anymore because of it. I have been eating this stuff as long as I can remember. Its a shame everything is sacrificing taste for minimal to no benefits just to jump on the health food train. Nobody was complaining about it, so it has to be an internal decision to take advantage of the health food craze.
>>
File: old-new-twinkie1.jpg (32KB, 525x297px) Image search: [Google]
old-new-twinkie1.jpg
32KB, 525x297px
Hostess Twinkies were my favorite snack that my mom would pick up from the local market. But ever since they shut down and reopened, they've gone to shit. Seriously, what happened to the delicious cowboy-riding treat that would gangbang my mouth, every time I took a bite?
>>
>>7490971
We ave a Hostess Factory here, I should go and pay them a visit.
>>
>>7490979
But the delicious Twinkies existed before they shut down for that time period. Visiting that factory now, there'd be no point.
>>
>>7490971
I noticed this too. Its those shitty mexican factory's I bet. they are just too damn greasy but at the same time dry. How is this shit possible.
>>
File: 1454311603509.jpg (342KB, 864x594px) Image search: [Google]
1454311603509.jpg
342KB, 864x594px
>>7490989
>look up the factory
>(REPORTEDLY CLOSED)
>>
>>7490577
There are still mothers who get tricked into thinking sugary cereals are a healthy compromise for their fussy kids because of the vitamin fortification advertised on the front of the packet. Then General Mills makes their cereal even HEALTHIER! and many of those parents waver from Kellogg's.
>>
>, ended up throwing out 10 boxes of this shit.

Do people really do this?
>>
>>7491013
"whole grain" = rancid rice bran oil
>>
>>7491013
makes the cereal taste like ass. poor kids.
>>
>>7490991

seriously all the snacks are made in mexico now and it's ruined a good amount of them. vote trump.
>>
>>7491073
Protectionism violates muh freedoms
>>
Anyone know any good mac n cheese box to buy?
>>
I'm sure Bitchelle Obama had something do do with this, trying to force the obese little shits in school in America into a health craze.
>>
I'm sure Bitchelle Obama had something to do with this, trying to force the obese fucks in America into a health craze.
>>
>>7491018
It should cost under a dollar per box so it's not like he wasted much money.
Anyway, it had no flavor before the change and it seems like it has even less now.
Frozen pizza also seems to taste blander and blander.
>>
I can't say I really mind the change (not that it's significant at all), but if other people liked them the way they were then that's obviously unfair. I wish the trend would continue, but with new versions released alongside the old ones. It's super annoying trying to find healthy food at the store.
>>
>>7490884
But that doesn't make any fucking sense, because you add your own butter to kraft macaroni n' cheese.
>>
>3rd world problems
>>
>>7491313
its the cheese powder that changed and it tastes like plastic and chemicals now ironically since they went with the new "healthier" recipe. It probably has to do with the flavor scrubbing technique they use to make those spices have no flavor. They definitely doesnt taste like the spices, but in the process picked up flavors from the chemicals they used to do that.
>>
>>7491344
don't*
>>
>>7491344
I'm not a religious maker of Kraft Mac n' Cheese, but appreciate a trashy bowl. If there's that much of a difference, it seems like you should finally make the jump to any elbow macaroni you buy from the grocery store, then some cheese powder you can buy in bulk from Amazon online.

Or even better, get some sodium citrate, and make any delicious form of cheese meltable!
>>
>>7490539
It makes the idiots who think diet cola is actually good for diets feel smug and healthy. And anybody that likes eating trash will either not care for flavor or do care, but are already too addicted to stop eating the now badly flavored trash.
>>
They literally changed the flavor months ago without telling anyone to prove it tasted the same, you're only just pretending to have noticed now because you're a faggot. Also, why wouldn't you try one box to figure out if you like it or not
>>
>>7490884
its because they add all that fake sugar shit now
>>
>and I had just restocked my supply, ended up throwing out 10 boxes of this shit

just off yourself you utter inbred flyover melt
>>
>>7491083
velveeta
that shit will never be healthy so i dont think you have to worry
>>
wait they changed kraft macaroni and cheese? is it only the regular kind or is the three cheese different too?

>>7490884
I get extremely angry when I want to buy something and every single brand is either fat free or sugar free. I think dannon still has regular yogurt, but only for certain flavors.

>>7491013
I was disappointed when I was finally able to find count chocula again, but the marshmallows just tasted like styrofoam instead of tiny sugar cubes.
>>
>>7490539
>I had just restocked my supply, ended up throwing out 10 boxes of this shit.
I know this is a troll, but please consider donating food you don't like to your local food bank anons.
>>
>>7490991
Hydrogenation of oils used
The lipids are sucked dry of water to extend shelf life
>>
>>7491232
>>7490539
Trust me on this: add mustard.
>>
This is such an American problem.
Nobody else would care about healthy changes being made to their food with no perceptible change in taste.
>>
>>7491735
THE TASTE IS CHANGED FAGGOT REEE
>>
>>7490539
I like the new reformulated Trix cereal
>>
File: whyyy.png (78KB, 412x351px) Image search: [Google]
whyyy.png
78KB, 412x351px
Fucking hell man I know that feel
My mother used to make 'Chicken Pot Fries' which was a fucking amazing dish where she would slice a homeemade pot pie into slices, then quickly batter and fry the slices. Served with a home-made mayo using the highest fat ingredients available.

Now she is on a fucking 'diet' and threw away the deep fryer. She won't even make a pot pie anymore. For my 'birthday' she made the recipe again and it was disgusting because she made the pie with kale and not chicken.
>>
>>7491756
You should kill her bro.. or make your own potpies
>>
>>7490971
>delicious cowboy-riding treat that would gangbang my mouth, every time I took a bite?
My sides are served
>>
>>7491716
I do this too, but I love mustard. I know a couple people who think it's strange but then they go and add ketchup to theirs instead.
>>
>>7491083
The Great Value brand if gluten free mac n cheese is actually really good. Gf noodles don't taste different at all, you're just screwed if you over cook them by even a little bit.
And definitely use butter when making the sauce and a little less milk than on the box
>>
>>7490971
>the shelf life doubled

Us Americans are gonna be healthy in no time
>>
>>7490539

i used to like granny smith apples when i was a kid.. somewhere around the year 2000 all the granny smith apples from the supermarkets got bigger and had this grainy texture and a sweeter flavor.

I used to eat an apple everyday until then. now i dont at all.
>>
>>7490539
>throws away good food with long shelf life

Fucking donate it next time you slag
>>
>>7492172
This desu senpai.
>>
>>7491711
That's kind of how chemestry works but not really. 6/10 I replied.
>>
I eat only whole plant foods :^)

so the only similar frustration I have is only seedless watermelons being available from grocery stores. They never taste as good as melons with seeds. It's all because of lazy white people making salads.
>>
>>7490539
>ended up throwing out 10 boxes of this shit
I have no respect for you.
>>
>>7492377

Because he threw them away? Or because he bought that shit in the first place?
>>
>>7490539
As Brit I hate Kraft for buying out cadbury's and then changing the dairy milk recipe and then taking dairy milk out of most chocolates and replacing it with cheap shit.
>>
>>7491481
>Just pretending.
nah it really does taste like shit. even though they changed the recipe they still had a huge surplus of the old kind that needed to be sold first.
>>
>>7491574
>so poor he would eat plastic shit flavored noodles instead of just toss $10 bucks worth of food out.
>>
>>7491708
I wouldnt want to force the poor kids to endure this garbage. I'm not kidding that it tastes horrible.
>>
>>7492167
try other apple types. washington delicious are usually nice and fresh. the grainy texture your getting is what they taste like when they get old.
>>
>>7491704
>I think dannon still has regular yogurt, but only for certain flavors.

For christ's sake just buy plain yogurt and fruit preserves if you're after fruit yogurt flavors, most others are pretty easy to replicate too. Full fat plain yogurt will never go away.
>>
>>7491704
>is it only the regular kind or is the three cheese different too?
most likely.
>>
>>7493740
i agree with the people that say he should donate instead though
>>
>>7493835
food banks only want boxed meals that require water only. people that go to these places dont get butter or milk. It would be worthless.
>>
>>7493847
Most food banks arent picky.
A lot of people who go in there arent homeless and can afford milk based on welfare or WIC points and are just looking for a little extra help.
Believe me,I've been there.
>>
>>7493855
I have too when I was working minimum wage living with my gf in a shitty apartment, it was a godsend. just saying its not what they recommend bringing in and during those times we really couldnt afford butter or milk.
>>
>>7493871
I agree for the most part,but there are exceptions. Which is why most will take them(at least in my state maybe some states or organizations do not) and it wouldnt hurt to bring a couple dollars worth of them in. Someone will take them and they wont be wasted.
>>
Why would you throw it out instead of just trying to improve the taste by throwing in some hot sauce or onions or something?
on an unrelated note is captcha fucking anyone else in the ass tonight
>>
>>7494073
Yeah, Captcha is really fucking annoying. Every reply I have to solve one of those damn things, and the pictures are shit.
>>
File: 1445353259518.jpg (7KB, 187x250px) Image search: [Google]
1445353259518.jpg
7KB, 187x250px
I remember back in the 90's, where a pack of instand noodle (nissin lamen) of beef flavour was more than enough to fill me in, tasted delicious and the color was sparkling yellow.

Now after the trans fat and the cut of sodium, it's brownish, tastes like nothing (every single flavour) and it's disgusting. The only way I can eat noodle is if I made it myself.

What annoys me is that I used to eat this maybe twice a month, and nobody said "look instand noodle is so healthy i'm gonna live on it", and even today, it still kills you. But now it tastes like shit.

It's ridiculous.
>>
>>7491018

if buy 2 kilos of apples and the first bite tasted like shit i dump all of it directly on the trash. no 2nd guessing for bad taste.
>>
File: 1452998565593.png (9KB, 162x147px) Image search: [Google]
1452998565593.png
9KB, 162x147px
>>7490539
Wait, they changed the recipe and it tastes different?
I will no longer be able to enjoy the blue box goodness of my childhood?

Well that's a shame
I still happen to have around a year old box in my pantry left...
The last one
>>
I stocked up on kraft mac n cheese back in November before they introduced the new recipe.

I guess I lucked out. but now I've got to ration out the 8 packages I have left...
>>
File: th.jpg (23KB, 480x435px) Image search: [Google]
th.jpg
23KB, 480x435px
>>7494073
because it tastes like chemicles and plastic and I didnt feel like eating plastic with onions in it. have you tasted this shit?
>>7494203
unless your a bum on the street no one should eat rotten food.
>>7494240
>>7494324
you might be able to find some of the old stuff like I have in the cellophane wrapped 4 packs just check the label. if it has yellow food coloring its the old recipe. I got like 20 boxes that should last me till the expiration dates. then its never ever.
>>
>>7491083
Annie's.
>>
>>7491576
Velveeta is garbage. bland sticky garbage. who the hell likes Velveeta cheese anyways.
>>
>>7494442
fat people

its one of my binge and purge foods :/
>>
>>7494240
Save it. Fifty years from now it may literally be the last box and you can sell it for thousands.
>>
>>7494460
but it tastes so bad compared to even powdered cheese. damn that shit is bad. kraft deluxe american is so much better if you are into processed cheese.
>>
>>7494471
you have any examples of that happening? I've heard of people buying old snacks for huge markups but never that much.
>>
I bet $50 OP didn't try adding salt
>>
>>7494486
Think about it, Kraft dinners are sort of a part of Americana by now, right? Like Coca-Cola. Since the original style is being phased out having an item of it will be worth something someday. Maybe not thousands but you'll get something out of saving it to the point where an original recipe box is a hard find. Maybe I'm just retarded. That's possible too.
>>
>>7494532
kraft mac and cheese has about a 1 year expiration date you might be able to extend this with the cellophane sealed 4 packs but it wont be too much longer. you'll be much better served to horde a bunch for yourself and enjoy it like a delicacy.
protip:boil noodles with salt. use butter instead of margarine and just a tiny bit of milk to thin it out boil noodles 5-7 minutes and quickly drain so they dont get blown out. there is a very fine line with these noodles. and stir until all the chunks of cheese powder are dissolved. if there is a bunch of cheese sauce on the bottom of the pan you did it wrong. enjoy the best mac and cheese on the planet. warning dont try this with the new recipe it will be uneatable.
>>
>>7492441
Cocoa trees are in trouble, no joke. I used to work at a Gelato shop and we'd sometimes have the worst luck with our cocoa suppliers. They couldn't get the quality stuff at the price we could afford so sometimes we didn't have chocolate Gelato at all. They've started mixing in a more robust, but much less tasty breed of cocoa. It sucks, but it's affordable and the trees survive better.

Basically cocoa plants are getting fucked by shitty farming practices that made them all vulnerable to the same disease. You either pay through the nose for pure cocoa, or you get the mixed version with shitty tasting cocoa.

I'm surprised more people don't know of this. Doesn't help that many cocoa farmers are switching to the more profitable coffee tree if they can.
>>
>>7494203
That's terrible. I'll ask a store employee to cut one for me and let me try it. They do it every time. I'll pick the apple out myself. If it's good, I'll buy a bunch. It helps if it's a well run store and they can tell me how old the apples are, and where they're shipped from. Because of company lobbyists, Obamers plan to have all food labeled with its source state or country was shot down, but a good store should still tell you anyway.
>>
>>7494460
Binge and purge just doesn't work. It really doesn't. It's terrible for you and will rot your teeth, no matter how well you brush. If you do it with laxatives expect to have your asshole literally prolapse.

Only one that kind of works is exercise purging, but it's still an unhealthy mindset. Just count your fucking calories or do something that's actually really fucking good for you and can prolong your life; fasting. Fasting promotes neuron growth and can even promote the gain of muscle mass. It's fucking amazing and good human studies back it up. Lost so much weight and shrunk my stomach to the point where I can't eat nearly as much as I used to with it. Please stop fucking up your body.
>>
>>7490539
>Kraft doesnt openly disclose changes due to psych reasons
>Finally discloses it after sales continued to rise
>Butt blasted OP imagines new taste
>>
>>7494619
Do you have any of those studies to back up the claim of neuron growth? Legit interested.
>>
>>7494619
i have ednos and have done almost everything you have listed

you think i dont already know all this?
thanks for your concern though
>>
>>7494607
they were being sarcastic.
>true autism
Thread posts: 87
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.