[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

just saw this soup posted on /v/ what the fuck is it, how do

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 2

File: 1458227459630.jpg (2MB, 3664x2748px) Image search: [Google]
1458227459630.jpg
2MB, 3664x2748px
just saw this soup posted on /v/

what the fuck is it, how do i make it, and how do i give my soups that golden/orange looking broth?
>>
>>7479551
Mix a little tomato sauce with the soup base, or make runny tomato sauce.
>>
>>7479551

Looks like a tomato-based broth with some pasta and veggies thrown in.
>>
>lima beans
why
>>
pour in some 'racha
>>
that's chili, son
just look at all the beans
>>
>>7479551
1) make chicken soup
2) add spoon of tomato sauce
3) ???
4) protif
>>
Ingredients:

-tomato broth
-tortellini
-button mushrooms
-lima beans
-gnocci(?)
-a single shrimp(?)
-Space Cadet keyboard from old-school LISP machine
>>
>>7479551
Minestrone
>>
>>7479588
>-Space Cadet keyboard from old-school LISP machine

Pretty sure that's just a modern memechanical keyboard with custom keycaps or some shit
>>
>>7479556
>>7479563
>>7479583
>>7479588
the golden layer on top is from vegetable oil and paprika you absolute pleblords

tomato sauce does not produce that orange/gold broth
>>
>>7479597
>the golden layer on top is from vegetable oil and paprika

That's fine, we're not talking about the fatty layer on top.

>>tomato sauce does not produce that orange/gold broth

Sure it does. You never cooked with tomatoes before? It's obviously not a full-on "tomato soup", but if there was some tomato in there it could easily give the broth that color.
>>
>>7479604
OP said "golden/orange looking broth" so I'm pretty sure he meant the fatty layer
>>
>>7479616

Why? A fatty layer isn't broth. The liquid in the bottom of the bowl is the broth. The fatty later is...well...fat. It's not broth at all.
>>
>>7479622
It's oil from that one shrimp.
>>
>>7479628

Sure. The point is that the word "Broth" clearly doesn't refer to the fat floating on top of it.
>>
>>7479631
but the broth underneath the fat layer isn't golden, it's clear.

t. soup expert
>>
>>7479551
Other than the mushrooms, that looks pretty nice.
I'm fine with those beans as long as they're cooked long enough.
As for the broth, it looks like tomato juice and some sort of stock, judging from the fat floating on top. Probably beef stock?
>>
>>7479651

How so? There's not a continuous layer of fat on top, this ought to be obvious because you can see droplets of fat. If the layer was continuous there would be no droplets. Thus we can see the broth and it clearly is reddish/golden.
>>
>>7479665
then what do you think makes up the broth/stock?
>>
>>7479651
The broth underneath the fatty layer is, obviously, orange. I don't think OP is pleb enough to not know what fat looks like; but lots of people don't know how to make golden-looking broth
>>
>>7479551
>how do i give my soups that golden/orange looking broth?
Onion peels
tomatoes
carrots
paprika/red bell pepper
>>
>>7479676

Mostly water, like any broth or stock. It could be vegetable or meat based but we have no way to know from OP's photo alone. Then there's clearly something in it giving it a red/orange color. Tomato is the most likely guess, but it could be something else. I've gotten similar color in the broth from soups containing chilies (fresh or dried), or when the stock was made from roasted chicken or veggies. Onion skins in the stock also produces that golden color.
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.