[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Alright, flo/ck/ of cooks, I have a date tomorrow and I'd

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 56
Thread images: 7

Alright, flo/ck/ of cooks, I have a date tomorrow and I'd like to see what you can recommend cooking in less than one hour using only frying pans, saucers and a minigrill/microwave oven.

I'd thought of something easy but classy, like some pasta and wine. Let's see what you got.

Also, my plan is to cook myself. Not because I'm a beta, but because I want her to eat what I have cooked. Maybe she can help, but mostly it's just me showing off.

Pic related: dinner date thread.
>>
Pasta and wine.
>>
>>7459050
What type, what sauce, what wine?

Can you name any combinations?
>>
Lobster.
>>
>>7459048

Steak and salad, and chocolate (in any form) for dessert. You want to keep it light so you can be able to do the entire kamasutra after dinner.
>>
Get some shellfish and eat them raw from the shell in front of her

Because of the implication
>>
>>7459108
Now this is somewhat interesting.

Do you have any dishes in mind?
>>
You can do a lot with just a pan... What were you thinking for protein? Beef, poultry, pork, seafood or some hippie crap? Stir fries and curry would be easy
>>
>>7459072
sketti, red, red
>>
To snack on, maybe some goat cheese drizzled with honey and pistachios, eat with crackers and wine. Or bruschetta.

she will be so impressed with ur sick appetizer skills that you'll go straight to eating ass for the main course.

Or just buy some really good pasta, red sauce, basil, and parm then assemble. You probably won't have enough time to make a decent sauce.
>>
>>7459108
Beef steak (anything fool proof or that you feel comfortable cooking, this is no time to be edgy) + salad: arugula, water cress (iron for the blood preassure), radish (color contrast) with some mustard based vinagrette + chocolate based dessert (depending on the weather, can be choc ice cream or some sort of cake, and add some fruit or whatever for presentation. Don't know really, but choc helps you with the snu snu). Hope it helps.
>>
>>7459204
answering >>7459125
>>
>>7459140
We are together. We're not eating for nutrients, but for flavor and style.

>>7459187
Thank you man! Should the goat cheese be cooked in any way? But we're only going to be two and maybe buying all those ingredients is kind of a waste.
Also, can you give me any ideas on "decent sauce"
>>7459204
Now that salad sounds tasty, and I don't even like salad! Any ideas for the steak? How would you cook it?

Also, any ideas on natural aphrodisiacs, besides chocolate?
>>
I dunno brah, you wanna show off but you're also trying to cook something easy.

Everybody can do stirfry and pasta. You won't impress her. They're some of the most uninspired things ever.
I dunno brah, I can think of literally nothing that will mutually satisfy those two requisites.

If you ARE gonna cuck out and do pasta, I'd suggest doing something with seafood. Seafood is one of those things that is easy but a lot of people shy away from because they can't cook.
Maybe a linguine in a basic tomato sauce with garlic, rosemary, oregano, shallots, and a touch of caramelized onion topped with port infused mussels. The idea would be to use your pasta/sauce as a source of acid, while you balance that with heavier umami from the mussels
Mostly caramelize the onion, toss in your garlic, give that a solid cook on low heat, until complete, then crank up as you deglaze with something tasty - A cheap dry white wine, or some raspberry vinegar would work. Something with that flavour profile. Confirm salt to taste. Introduce your tomatoes, get those flavours combining. Add your herbs/spices, and forget. Meanwhile, parcook your linguine- You can do this well ahead of time. Coat it in a very light layer of olive oil so it can stand.
You can also get your mussels 15/16ths cooked. Get an appropriate amount, clean them. Start your pan, toss in garlic, get that flavour fixed, infuse with a cheap red port; I fancy Taylor Flagate's cheaper stuff. Simmer the port with heavy winter spices (nutmeg, clove, cinnamon bark, anise if you'd like... To taste. etc) and a touch of balsamic. Should have an overstrong christmas feel. stir the mussels in it (watch out for your pan; the mussels can kill it if you don't stir consistently) and steam them off until almost complete.

Top with lemon juice and parm. The mussel broth will also be packed full of umami.

Of course, mussels are usually cooked the opposite way, but I figure that to be a waste.
>>
>>7459220
Ah whoops - I should have added. Finish them bad boys on the stovetop. Oil, heat, pasta, mussels, cooking wine and your sauce. Cover, finish steaming the mussels; add only enough liquid to finish the mussels; the wine should escape as steam
>>
>>7459216
Goat cheese doesn't need to be cooked

I was gonna say get expensive red sauce that is ready to eat from a high end grocer but you really aren't cooking much with that meal. Idk if you get expensive pasta and good sauce, toss them together with a little of the leftover pasta water and basil and then grate a generous amount of parm over it, it is god damn delicious.
>>
>>7459250
Oh and the goat cheese usually comes in small portions. The honey has a ton of uses outside of this appetizer. And pistachios are great to eat plain obviously.
>>
File: 1442871407641.jpg (12KB, 300x400px) Image search: [Google]
1442871407641.jpg
12KB, 300x400px
I thought OP's picture was the scene from Ms. Doubtfire with the wife and Pierce Brosnan
>>
>>7459250
I think I'll go for this one.

I mean, she'll be impressed inasmuch as that's way more than she can cook, hahaha modern women.
>>
>>7459216
For the steak? I seriouslly would go for a couple of loin steaks. Thats like 4 mins per side and 15 min in the oven; and if you are using just pans, just turn them around twice every 4 minutes. You don't want your place smelling like beef tho so do it way before, and just reheat it on a pan with butter and some herb in front of your date so you'll look like you know what you are doing. Use youtube to unlock this skill.

As for aphoridisiacs, shellfish does wonders. Common sense would suggest oysters and some sort of sparkling wine before the steak, but you want to keep light.

In your predicament, I would avoid the seafood and serve the sparkling wine with a chocolate mousse and some sort of antioxidant like cranberries, strawberries, etc. If you do this, don't use cream (it will taste like shit with the sparkling wine).

Now if after the cabernet sauvignon that you will be drinking with the steak, and the sparkling you'll be having with the dessert you don't get lucky, it's not your fault. Dump that ingratefull bitch. You just served her a more than decent meal and the least she could do is do you the favour. If this is the case, screen cap this shit and send it to her next day. That'll teach her.
>>
If you are ever cooking for a date, do not cook pasta or rice. Either of these things makes it harder to get the date drunk and hence less likely for you to get laid
>>
>>7459262
Post pics if you can, of the food I mean..

highly suggest doing the goat cheese as an app too, so ez and impressive to plebs.
>>
>>7459267
The fucking part is more or less granted. I am not doing this for the pussy, I am doing this for her company. In any case, I'll skip seafood altogether, I fucking hate that shit, they're underwater garbagemen insects.

Can you think of anything to combine cranberries, raspberries and stuff as an appetizer? Or maybe in a salad or something. I have never gotten fancy cooking, and it's about time.

>>7459272
I had never thought of this, but it makes sense, somehow. Care to explain?

>>7459281
If the thread is alive by then, I will. Otherwise I'll just open a new one. I asume you guys will be lurking.
>>
>>7459272
Nonsense. If you're doing pasta, then you have to include the proper italian style; endless courses of antipasti, the insalata, the pasta, grillio, and dolce. By the end of all that, you'll be down a few bottles of wine.
>>
>>7459290
after i put so much effort into that recipe

You're cold man. That was a moderately original recipe. Well, not really. That's just my custom version I made
>>
>>7459290
Camembert + the berries of your choice:
-Stick them together with toothpicks
-Coat camembert with egg + breadcrumbs (as in fried chicken), fry, reserve / blend the berries with a little bit of sugar, add a little butter to a pan, and cook 5 mins allways stearing. re-heat before serving. You can pair that with some rosé wine.

The same works with goat cheese. But if you are going to use goat cheese, I would recommend figs and a honey+greek yogurt dip.
>>
File: 1441320062932.jpg (71KB, 512x512px) Image search: [Google]
1441320062932.jpg
71KB, 512x512px
>>7459297
And I *am* going to use it, after seeing this bullshit:
>>7459293
Thank you very much for taking the time, Anon, seriously. I really appreciate it. Any name for those "herbs"? Any recommendations on salt amounts or anything? What type of pan do you use? Oil? How do you prepare the mousse?

I think I almost got my version of the thing. Unless you are also the other Anon recommending salad, which would mean I almost got YOUR version of the thing.

>>7459314
Egg. Just egg. No crackin', no fryin', no cookin' no nothin'. Just egg. I'm not sure I understand the whole thing thanks to that hurdle.
>>
>>7459330
>Coat camembert with egg + breadcrumbs (as in fried chicken)
>(as in fried chicken)

If I really need to explain this process, then you should avoid trying to fry camembert famiglio. Go for a simpler appetizer.
>>
>>7459346
Ok. My bad. I thought only the breadcrumbs were fried-chickenish. The coating is only of the cheese and before adding the berries and sticking them together with toothpicks, right? Bear in mind I rarely delve beyond the most basics of the basic when it comes to cooking.
>>
>>7459361
I didn't gave you appetizers because the steak+salad+dessert+cabernet+sparkling is more than enough. The appetizer is just overkill.

Gave you the camembert idea just because you asked for it, but I don't recommend it. It's just too much.

Anyway. You take take the cheese out of the fridge (needs to be cold), you beat a couple eggs, cover the cheese in it, then cover the thing in breadcrumbs and fry it: AS IN FUCKING FRIED CHICKEN. You reserve that shit.

Now you pick the berries of your choice (say a cup), put it in a blender with a scoop of sugar, and blend it. Take a pan, add a spoon of butter and cook that for 5 mins. And reserve it.

When it's time to serve, you reheat the cheese in a pan, reheat the berries sauce, and serve it in a plate, with the sauce on top, and a little extra for dipping if you feel like to. You can garnish that shit with mint.
>>
>>7459376
Fuck that sounds awesome! If not for tomorrow, I'll be doing that shit. Thanks!

What the fuck is a cabernet? Excuse my culinary illiteracy.
>>
>>7459330
pasta anon here

looks like the other anon with the steak has a bunch of good things going too

the thing is, what we're talking about requires a bit of a background in cooking. we reference specific processes or styles, which you really ought to do look up videos on before actually attempting the recipe, or constructing the step by step process. Timing is super important in cooking. Looking up videos mid-cook is untenable
So really, make a solid step by step list and then do a complete cook through of your planned menu. Aside from your time spent, the evening of the date will still come out to half the price of going out. You also really want to make sure that you look like you have a half a handle on things when you're cooking at the time of; nothing's more humiliating than offering to cook for someone, and then them taking over because you're inept. Cooking isn't hard; but experience makes processes generalizable.

for the herbs, we're going to keep the pasta fresh; some lemon juice, oregano, rosemary, thyme... tarragon in place of lemon juice if you're a big spender and can get it fresh. Use a minimum amount of garlic; you don't want to make your sauce too heavy. Depending on your budget, you might use fresh herbs and sache them. if you're going cheap, then stick to dried. For the mussels, some bay leaves with the winter spices would be a good idea.

Salt is something that you need to do to taste; get a spoon, taste it, and add more if necessary. Salt introduced earlier tastes a lot different than salt on top at the table. Try to stick to kosher if you can; iodized salt can include an unpleasant flavor. Specific quantities are something that's up to you to nail down; since you don't have the experience to wing it, I'd really reccomend you write it down as you do the practice run. Same with the rest of the components; you can reference other recipes for the framework. If you're going to incorporate the pasta with anon-kun's idea, 1/2
>>
>>7459382
Cabernet sauvignon. It's a type of red wine.
>>
>>7459382
>What the fuck is a cabernet?
>cabernet sauvignon>>7459267

You just keep on breaking my heart anon. But in a way is my bad. Its a kind of red wine.

As for the herb butter for the steak you asked, rosemary or thyme. If you can't get one of those, just plain butter.
>>
>>7459386
then you'd probably want to stay small scale. The sauce and pasta can be made ahead of time and refrigerated in tupperware. Mussels are exciting to do at the time of.

Google a good guide on cleaning and debearding mussels. Also, a quick look on mussel food safety. ie, don't fuck with unopened 'cooked' mussels, toss the ones that are open raw.

Oil is once again something which is based on what process you nail down. Butter can be used for a deep flavour, or a nicer olive oil can be a lighter way to add an pleasant flavour. Cheap olive oil if you're cheap and she doesn't have a good pallet. Pans can be basically anything; I like stainless steel and cast iron because it makes deglazing so much more effective. You can get away with whatever you have available. Use your intuition.

The mousse? Not quite sure what you mean.

really though, I think you'd blow her head away if you can figure out what can be premade before she arrives; clean the kitchen, then basically just finish each of the small dishes. Take your time and progress through courses and wine as the evening goes on. Also, I've said this once, but clean your kitchen. Nothing dries a pussy up more than a grimy cooking space. You're gonna get it super messy on your practice run.
>>
>>7459382
You should really really consider anon words here >>7459386
>>7459404

>>7459404
The mousse he's talking about is the choc mousse I suggested for dessert.
>>
>>7459404
Oh, I also wanted to mention wine pairing. You have a flavour duality in the dish; the pasta with the acid/citrus, and the mussels with the hefty oaky port flavours and umami. A moderate rose' would probably go great; a sweet/dry red or white can be done in a pinch, but wouldn't be particularly great; the wine is effectively something used to cleanse the pallet and to complement flavours. Because you have both in this dish, a moderate wine is ideal.

>>7459426
Ah! that makes more sense.
>>
Thanks guys, really.

I'm off to bed now, pretty fucking late and long fucking day behind me. I'll be studying all these in the morn. Here, have some art as payment for your invaluable services.
>>
>>7459443
You do have taste in art. Value and fibonacci are your guidelines when it comes to dish presentation. Hope it works OP. Post pics. I'll be lurking.

t. steak anon
>>
>>7459048
not having an oven kinda sucks but here's my suggestion
steak with peppersauce and panfried vegetables, something like cauliflower,carrot,onion,garlic and brusselsprouts. season the veggies with chilipowder,salt,pepper and lemon juice. put a little bit of cognac to the peppersauce. you can also have panfried potatoes.
red wine as drink, you can't really go wrong with that but i personally wouldn't go for a pinot noir. i think they are too weak tasting wines for a proper steak
>>
Get a decent steak filet or ny strip
Heat evoo in pan
Salt n pepper steaks
Steaks in flip once after a few minutes
Steaks out let them rest
Aspargus in steak pan
Drizzle evoo
Add garlic salt pepper etc..
Plate asparagus on white rice add some juice from pan
Salad optional (spring mix, baby spinach etc)
Cabarnet (red wine)
Pink clam for desert?
>>
>>7459048
I already responded to one of you virgins a few days ago. So I'll share some other panty creamin' tips.

You say "only frying pans, saucers and a minigrill/microwave oven" but I hope you have something deep enough to boil stuff. If not, go to a local Goodwill and pick something up.

Girls love carbs. Since you're a noob cu/ck/, you won't be making fresh pasta. Instead buy some gnocchi and don't overcook it. Keep the sauce light. A marinara or an olive oil/butter with salt. pepper, lemon, and shredded parm should do. Dried pasta won't get her oohing the way a soft pasta will. Gnocchi is pretty close to fresh pasta and miles away from the dried crap.

Steak is trickier than other meats because of the doneness factor and because males like it more and are projectionist tardates. Listen to the other fu/ck/s on here and go with pork, chicken or seafood. A pork chop or pork sirloin steak or pork/chicken tenderloin can be just as juicy as a steak without being as heavy or tricky. If she's a classic 'Murican make it a country fried steak and you're golden. Salmon and trout (wild, of course) are nice fatty fish that are easy to pan fry and difficult to mess up. Use butter and oil and spoon it on the fish while frying because it works well and looks like you know what you're doing.

If she's not much of a drinker, a dry white wine or semi-sweet white will be more to her liking and she'll drink more of it. Another reason why you want to stay away from steak and the inevitable red wine pairing. Unless she's a pre-op tranny...

>>7459386
>>7459404
>>7459435

These su/ck/ers knows what they're talking about as do others.

Chocolate is a must. If you can't do a proper dessert, freeze some dark chocolate and put a dollop of whipped cream and squeezable (straw/rasp)berry jelly on top.

Plate your shit well. Presentation is key. Figure out some stupid garnish for the main course and drizzle caramel or chocolate syrup on the dessert.

Keep a condom or two handy.
>>
Make her a tuna fish sandwich with extra mayo
>>
File: CdP-2007-Clos-de-Brusquieres.jpg (271KB, 600x800px) Image search: [Google]
CdP-2007-Clos-de-Brusquieres.jpg
271KB, 600x800px
>>7459125
A nice steak salad with carmalized onions, blue cheese crumbles, tomatoes, tossed in lemon and salt. A good Roquefort dressing served on the side.

For the wine chateauneuf du pape

Dessert: fresh berries, soft goat cheese, blueberry compte or pickled blueberries with crostini

Wine: moselland ars vitis riesling
>>
>>7459809
Suppose to be avocado tossed in lemon and salt.
>>
>>7459048
You're definitely not going to fit in a fry pan or microwave. You're best bet would be to make a long fire in your backyard, use good wood for a nice smoky flavor. Have your date help you onto the spit and have your hands and feet tied so that you can hang from it. Relax for about 3 or 4 hours and then have your date check your internal temp, should be about 145 degrees, similar to a pig roast.
>>
>>7460549
your* best bet
>>
File: myfatherneverlovedme.jpg (11KB, 376x86px) Image search: [Google]
myfatherneverlovedme.jpg
11KB, 376x86px
>>7459754
finally! the approval I've been waiting for all my life!
>>
>>7459048
Pic related is a guy diverting the woman's attention before an attempt to steal her wine glass.
>>
File: images(1).jpg (4KB, 200x200px) Image search: [Google]
images(1).jpg
4KB, 200x200px
>>7461780
>screenshotting your own image board wins

ISHYGDDT
>>
>>7461812
It's so I can jerk off to them later.
>>
updates op?
>>
>>7459048
Pasta. With loads of onions and garlic.
>>
>>7464654
Pasta is awful for dates. Messy and makes girls feel bloated.
>>
OP post pics
>>
>>7459048
Gee bill, TWO textures?
Thread posts: 56
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.