[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What does /ck/ think of Good Eats? Just started watching and

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 66
Thread images: 13

File: good eats.jpg (11KB, 183x275px) Image search: [Google]
good eats.jpg
11KB, 183x275px
What does /ck/ think of Good Eats?

Just started watching and I'm enjoying it so far. Feels like Bill Nye but about cooking.
>>
I guess you missed the Alton Brown thread that just disappeared? Pretty entertaining show. Great for beginners since it actually explains what the fuck food does.
>>
>>7446708
Alton is a competent teacher and cook but his rigs for some of his shit are too complex for the average joe. What's important about his show is learning the science behind food. Once you have a deeper understanding of what's happening you can improvise much better when you cook. The show is responsible for a lot of my cooking knowledge.
>>
>>7446728

agreed. the biggest thing for me is he is actually entertaining to watch. some cooking shows are just unfuckingbareable. good eats is my favorite cooking show since the urban peasant. i was just a tot watching that shit, but holy fuck did i ever love it!
>>
>>7446708
It's a fantastic show that entertains and educates. Certainly one of the best Food Network shows I've watched.
>>
good show, makes me remember when food network was actually an educational channel and not a game show channel.
>>
>>7446728
>hey Alton how do I deep fry turkey?
>"well, first you're going to need a ladder"

>hey Alton, St. Patty's is coming up, how do I make corned beef?
>"you're going to need a week's time and a 20 gallon water cooler"
>Uh, what
>"you ARE brining it yourself, aren't you anon?"
>>
>>7446797
that being said chopped and cutthroat kitchen are the best shows currently on the network
>>
>>7446818

i miss Iron Chef America. Especially when they had Morimoto, Batali, and Flay. never did like Flay. Cat only got a spot because she was a woman. she was the worst iron chef of all time.
>>
>>7446826
I loved watching Flay just for how often he would fuck up, usually by knocking things over like an oaf.
Somewhat related, his record for Throwdown at the end was 32-1-68. That's fucking awful.
>>
>>7446708
he dispenses some great knowledge. like when he recommends that you never buy any "unitaskers" if other tools could do the job. They're usually plastic shit too.
>>
I like his charisma and the show is good edutainment, but I keep looking up recipes from him and they always have so many ingredients they'd put me into debt in a week.
>>
File: cat cora.jpg (156KB, 315x489px) Image search: [Google]
cat cora.jpg
156KB, 315x489px
>>7446826

say that to her adorable face anon
>>
>>7446903
I'm gay and even if I weren't her being 'adorable' doesn't excuse affirmative action.
>>
>>7446865
>Wanna make mashed potatoes
>love Good Eats and remember a potato episode
>look up Alton mashed potatoes recipie
>use a food mill
Dam Alton come on!
>>
>>7446817

You don't own a ladder?

Also Alton is a nerd and so naturally some of the stuff he does is going to appeal to nerds who like to engineer things.
>>
File: 936full-jon-kortajarena.jpg (860KB, 936x1272px) Image search: [Google]
936full-jon-kortajarena.jpg
860KB, 936x1272px
>>7446911

Ok seriously I need your opinion

how attractive is this man?
>>
>>7446932
0/10

looks like Zoolander.
>>
>>7446926
I actually don't. Myself (and I imagine most people on 4chan) rent versus owning. Anything I'd need a ladder for would be handled by my landlord or maintenance.
>>
>>7446917
>needing a mashed potatoes recipe
>>
>>7446826
Michael Symon was awesome to watch every time. He's so likeable
>>
>>7446937

Fair enough. The show does tend to go over the top on the safety stuff most of the time and deep frying a turkey is one of those few things you can cook that can be legitimately very dangerous when done wrong.
>>
>>7446818
cutthroat kitchen is dumb as fuck. "man i really want to watch strangers who for some reason hate each other cook shitty meals"
>>
>>7446708
I watched the show for years but I never tried to recreate a recipe that I saw. I do think, though, that I absorbed a lot of what he was saying, because I am definitely a better cook now.
>>
>Watch Good Eats episode for making PB&J sandwich
>Have to construct peanut grinder out of clay pot, a bicycle, six of my knives, thirty dollars in rubber bands, and a fire extinguisher
>Learn about ten different peanut varieties that we could be using, but are all not good enough because of some issue with the growing that has never been a problem for you before, "And that's not Good eats".
>End up using some kind of fucking lentil due to some obscure-ass cultural link that a fat white lady explains
>Still specifically using store-bought jelly due to some point about simplicity and ease
>>
>>7446974
lmao

more pls, good eats copypasta are my fav /ck/ meme
>>
File: 1444250554299.png (1MB, 1277x719px) Image search: [Google]
1444250554299.png
1MB, 1277x719px
Welcome to the Ja/ck/ thread
>>
File: no.webm (3MB, 480x270px) Image search: [Google]
no.webm
3MB, 480x270px
>>7449058
>>
>>7446708
and bill nye was for kids
>>
File: literally-oinking.webm (3MB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
literally-oinking.webm
3MB, 640x360px
>>
>>7449496
You came out of the womb cooking coq au vin?
>>
>>7449416
This guy makes me wanna vomit.
>>
>>7446937
>he doesn't own a ladder or any tools
>>
>>7446769
Agreed
>>
File: vomit.webm (3MB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
vomit.webm
3MB, 640x360px
>>7449518
>>
>>7446937
>rent versus owning.
A great way to squander your money, young friend.
>>
File: waddle.webm (2MB, 940x529px) Image search: [Google]
waddle.webm
2MB, 940x529px
>>
>>7449567
>vomit.webm

ohohohoh you're not getting me this time
>>
>>7449567
That webm could not be better
>>
Go back to 420chan degenerate weed smoker and stop cross-posting

http://boards.420chan.org/mtv/res/357852.php
>>
>>7446708
>Feels like Bill Nye but about cooking

That's exactly what he was going for, he started Good Eats like a year after Nye's show ended
>>
>>7449630
And you just happened to be there for science?
>>
>>7449058
>>7449416
>>7449500
>>7449567
>>7449609
Is this /ck/'s Spiderman? Where you just spam it when you see something you don't like?
>>
>>7449639
More like threads about Jack are being deleted and they want to post him.
>>
>>7449639
Oh, he's better than spiderman. He's a real life mongoloid.
>>
>>7449576
Only if the property market is rising forever and it were possible to get a high-enough paying job for a massive mortgage, dad.
>>
>>7449647
>property market is rising forever
It does
>high-enough paying job for a massive mortgage
You can get there yourself, bud
>>
>>7449651
>>property market is rising forever
>It does
>>
>>7449644
To laugh at?
>>
File: 1454114466713.webm (2MB, 720x404px) Image search: [Google]
1454114466713.webm
2MB, 720x404px
>>7449644
This basically. I love me some Alton Brown.
>>
>>7449662
Way to pick a chart from the bubble
>>
>>7446917
the food network site isnt very conducive with altons recipes

in the show he always gives alternative solutions if you dont have a specific thing
>>
is jack the anti-alton brown?

he is a bumbling bafoon in the kitchen while alton is a smooth operator through and through

alton rails against unitaskers and how they are the worst, while jack has a ton of unitaskers and unnecessary shit in his kitchen

jack doesnt care about safety or cleanlyness while Alton is borderline aspergers about it

alton is a handsome good old boy from the south, while jack is a sloppy fuck in california

alton is an informed dude that doesnt act like hes the authority on food and just wants to help you with his friends alongside him, jack believes that he is the authority on everyday cooking for the average joe
>>
File: jackilious.webm (945KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
jackilious.webm
945KB, 1280x720px
>>
>>7449937

How am I expected to take a fat guys opinion on food seriously? I've seen a fat person eat a mayo sandwich and be happy.
>>
File: why.webm (1MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
why.webm
1MB, 1280x720px
>>7449903
Basically.

Jack is literally disgusting. He NEVER takes off his gaudy wedding ring to cook. Worst of all he uses it or his knuckle to crack eggs. This, combined with the fact that the internal temperature of his food never goes above 72F, means that this bumbling faggot is a walking petri dish of salmonella and e-coli.
>>
>>7446818
No, the only show worth watching is DDD and that's really saying something. It at least shows off dishes and how to make them.
>>
>>7449662
yeah that's definitely a negatively sloping chart you got there, proved us wrong
>>
>>7446937
buy your own shit, scrub
>>
File: disgust.jpg (111KB, 685x720px) Image search: [Google]
disgust.jpg
111KB, 685x720px
>>7449956

I used to work with a guy who would eat mayo right out of the little packs we had in the break room.

>free food set out
>ignores everything
>just grabs a roll and puts mayo in it
>walks out
>>
>>7450085
My great grandma would occasionally grab a spoonful out of the jar and eat it. She lived to 84 by some miracle of genetics.
>>
>>7450085

God I could go on for days about fat coworkers

>have fatty coworker
>6'3" looks like Krang from the TMNT cartoon
>Manager decides to make cookies for our team
>About 3 dozen, there's 10 of us
>Sets it out on a table near the break room
>Everyone takes 1 or 2 to be respectful/normal
>After a few hours manager sends an email
>"Hey we've got extras now that everyone had some so feel free to take a second
>5 minutes later they're gone
>Walk by Krang's desk, all of the cookies are there, tray and all
>Ask him about them, he stutters "W-well he said to have at them"
>Just shake my head and walk away

God I hate fucking fat people.
>>
>>7446708
His advice is great and hes great at explaining the reasons for why he does what he does, but the biggest problem is that people on here think is word is gospel. His recipes will give you good food but they should be used as a base. Theres nothing wrong with unitaskers, just use common sense and don't buy crap you don't need
>>
>>7450085
That's not much different than putting butter on a role if you think about it.
>>
>>7450114

Also a terrible tradition.
>>
>>7446708
I used to watch that show when I was home sick from school, good times, that and Unwrapped.
Thread posts: 66
Thread images: 13

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.