[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

My Dad brought me half a side of smoked bacon. I've already

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 3

File: 5830571404264378877.jpg (59KB, 800x302px) Image search: [Google]
5830571404264378877.jpg
59KB, 800x302px
My Dad brought me half a side of smoked bacon. I've already
fried some thick slices with garlic and cream on toast, because
why the fuck not. I will maybe use one quarter for a noodle
casserole for dinner. Any Ideas how to use the rest?
I've wrapped it in kitchenpaper and put it in the fridge, is that ok? And how long will it last like this?

btw. I've drained the fat for my snack
>>
why did your dad buy you a meme?
>>
>>7437823
well, long story short: he received 3 pieces like that as payment
>>
>>7437835
your dad is a hitman who gets paid in bacon?
>>
>>7437837
pretty much... he's a farmer and farmers pay eachother in the craziest ways around here
>>
add it in whatever soup you make
>>
>>7437813
>smoked bacon
All bacon is smoked. If it isn't smoked it's called pancetta or if it isn't cured it's called pork belly.

Being that it's a cured meat, it'll probably last for months in the fridge. Hell you could probably leave it in a cellar at 50F for a month or two without issue. You could always get some scallops and wrap them in bacon, or beef filet. I prefer to eat bacon at breakfast.

>>7437823
Bacon's status as a meme does not take away from what OP appears to have- which is leaps and bounds above what you'd find in a grocery store. Also, bacon is only a meme is you needlessly add it to EVERYTHING. Same goes for sriracha.
>>
>>7437813
Quiche?
>>
File: Nope.png (257KB, 618x464px) Image search: [Google]
Nope.png
257KB, 618x464px
>>7437875
>bacon
>pork belly
>>
>>7437928

I do this with Pancetta.

Its called Quiche Lorraine.

I also like to put bacon with brussel sprouts.
>>
>>7437875
>Bacon's status as a meme does not take away from what OP appears to have- which is leaps and bounds above what you'd find in a grocery store. Also, bacon is only a meme is you needlessly add it to EVERYTHING. Same goes for sriracha.

I wish reddit would read this post.
>>
Pancetta is best in Carbonara Pasta because it isnt smoked.

But the smokeness is nice with brussel sprouts. Or green beans even.

I chop the bacon and brown it then add the green beans and some water and simmer.

That makes a southern style green bean side dish.

For the sprouts I brown the bacon and steam the sprouts then add them together with butter and maybe scallion. Season to taste.
>>
>>7437813
People get too retarded with bacon. Looks like you've got yourself some nice stuff. Just slice it and fry it and have it with eggs or on a sandwich with chicken or whatever you'd normally enjoy bacon with.

I like bacon and eggs,
Bacon with a burger
Bacon chopped up and pan fried with brussel sprouts.

I'll never understand people wrapping seafood with bacon, it looks shit and tastes mediocre imo.
>>
I like bacon as a Pizza topping.
>>
>>7437967
Along the sides you could be a problem with this mail your account can be found here so use plenty.
>>
File: 1861_2931_z.jpg (32KB, 480x320px) Image search: [Google]
1861_2931_z.jpg
32KB, 480x320px
>>7437813
Slice it into thin strips, make Speckwecken.

Also, the fat in your bacon will start to absorb the smell/taste of whatever's in your fridge.

That's especialy annoying when your bacon starts to smell like bananas.
>>
>>7437813
Throw the whole thing in the oven on low heat. Put it on a rack over a pan of water to catch the drippings. Let it render down and enjoy slow and low roasted side of bacon.
>>
>>7437934
>back "bacon"
>>
>>7441425
Don't keep bananas in the fridge, DK.
>>
>>7437813

Goes great in:
Sauerkraut
Bolognese sauce
Pizza topping
Mixed with eggs as part of a burrito
Collard greens
Red beans and rice
Jambalaya
Gumbo
B.L.T.
Venison burgers
Kartoffelsalat
>>
>>7437950
>Pancetta
Same cut, no smoke.
>>
>>7437823
>le /ck/ pseudohipster contrarian post
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.