[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey guys I want to make a kind of stew with some lean beef, beans,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

Hey guys I want to make a kind of stew with some lean beef, beans, and veg to last the week. Anyone have experience/can give tips relevant to this endeavour?
>>
>>7425477

>cut food into chunks
>throw into pot
>pour in stock and leave

What else do you want? If you're feeling like a man you can sear the meat first and add some beer or something.
>>
>>7425477
Fry the meat

Fry the veg n' aeromatics

Stew until meat is tender.

At this point add your filler like potatoes, half-cooked noodles, rice, or whatever

Eat when done, maybe some garnish like fresh herb or cheese.
>>
>>7425493
well I'm making it large enough to last a week so I don't want it to be shit, and I've never done stew before..
>>
http://www.bbc.co.uk/food/recipes/beef_cobbler_with_79871

Absolutely delicious, super easy.

The cheddar is preference, I don't use it.
>>
>>7425510
It's more about technique and knowing the time your ingredients take to get tender, what vegetables you want for more bite, and the time it takes other things to stew into mush.

Frying up beforehand is also essential.
>>
>>7425477
more ingredients would be nice
Brown meat, then veg/aromatics, then deglaze. Reduce, add meat and veg back in, add stock/water, cook for however long. Season at the end
>>
Don't choose meat based on fat content. Choose on cooking method. (Idk the names of stew cuts in English, ask your butcher.)
If you don't want to eat fat, just remove it. It floats on top when you let the stew rest for a few minutes, just use a spoon. It even solidifies when cooled down.

Then google recipes for pot au feu, boeuf bourgignon, coq au vin, and since you want the stuff to be good for a week, perpetual stew.
If you hate French dishes, the "related pages" at the bottom of wikipedia page's should have similar recipes invented in other countries.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stone_Soup
>>
>tips
Add marmite, an anchovy filet or two, and a good splash of worcestershire sauce

Dem glutamates

Seriously, it will be the best thing you've ever eaten
>>
>>7425792
Just be very careful with seasoning afterwards because all those things are pretty salty
>>
>>7425794
Yeah, might as well get MSG at the Asian store and add glutamate and salt separately.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.