[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What are some good dishes that include bacon, that aren't

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 2

File: BLT-sandwich1.jpg (35KB, 474x317px) Image search: [Google]
BLT-sandwich1.jpg
35KB, 474x317px
What are some good dishes that include bacon, that aren't just over the top "epic" junk recipes that are using bacon just to use bacon.
>>
>>7399267
Egg and bacon pie is tasty as fuck.
>>
You can use it for (almost) carbonara, or, if you have no pride, you can wrap it around crumbed schnitzel and just oven the mess.
>>
You're asking for something really strange.

Just make bacon, eggs and hashbrowns.
>>
>>7399280
I rarely have time in the morning for breakfast and I just realized I had no idea what else to use the bacon for in my fridge besides putting it on sandwiches
>>
Coq au vin. Beef bourguignon
>>
>>7399267
Bacon goes really well with certain vegetables like kale, spinach and asparagus. It's also not a terrible addition to certain soups, especially stuff like pea or lentil soup.
>>
>>7399267
Spinach salad with hot bacon dressing
>>
>>7399267
Chop it up and stir fry greens with it. That's my favorite way to eat bacon and greens both.
>>
>>7399267
If you cooked alot of bacon for a big breakfast for heaps of people keep the fat and fry some Brussel sprouts in it it.
>>
>>7399306
I always save all the fat from my bacon
>>
>>7399267
Pretty much anything that asks for proscuitto can be substituted for bacon, although you do get an extra hint of smokiness for doing so.
>>
>>7399267

Personally, I really enjoy adding little bacon bits to mashed potatoes. Not too much just a tiny bit. Along with sone fried onion, dill it chives it's delicious and excellent with chicken, steak, any sort of meat really.
>>
jamie oliver's mac and cheese recipe is fucking delicious, it's nothing super special just a cheese sauce (preferably from sharp cheddar) with some bacon in it, shells work the best (inb4 purist fags get mad, they hold the sauce way better)
>>
>>7399267
Basically any recipe that uses bacon as a source of salt or fat is what you're looking for.
>>
>>7399347
The whole point of this thread is that I don't know what those recipes are
>>
>>7399267
I love making grilled cheese with bacon.
>>
Bacon's bacon.

If you're ignoring the epic junk recipes that actually include the bacon as an ingredient your only option is to just put the bacon on the side or crumble it into another dish. You can also wrap it around things too I guess.

Just think of something you normally eat that doesn't have bacon and ask yourself if you can put bacon in it somehow. That's pretty much the crux of bacon food philosophy.

Alternatively, buy less bacon and buy pork bellies instead. Seriously, try pork bellies if you haven't.
>>
>>7399360

Like why do people even say that shit?

Regardless,
>cook bacon
>save grease
>dice potatoes into small cubes
>soak potato cubes in liquid bacon grease (gotta keep it semi warm to keep liquid obvi)
>bake potatos, flip ocasionally
>serve with aioli
>thank me later
>>
>>7399360
Experiment and substitute bacon fat for oil and salt for sweating vegetables, frying potatoes, etc.
>>
>>7399382
>bacon food philosophy
I believe this is what OP is trying to avoid
>>
Cheese n' Bacon roll 'em ups

Halfway cook the bacon.
Spread cheez whiz on white bread diagonally.
Roll up corner to corner, wrap bacon around, put a toothpick through it.
350 for 10 minutes, then flip and do an additional 5.

Love that shit, have it every Christmas with chicken dumpling soup.
>>
>>7399360
Pretty much any recipe.
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.