[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What is the best, fastest, most thorough way to cleanse acid

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

File: whey.jpg (20KB, 400x300px) Image search: [Google]
whey.jpg
20KB, 400x300px
What is the best, fastest, most thorough way to cleanse acid (lemon juice or vinegar) completely out of cheese curds when I make cheese? It's difficult to completely clean the acid out without losing curds within a reasonable amount of time.
>>
Rinse with cold water.
>>
>>7394366
Well no shit. But it's hard to do that for a length of time that is effective enough to rinse all the acid out without freezing your hands or losing some curds. Is there a way to automate the process at home or something? I had an idea to maybe put the curds in a pot of cold water and let them soak overnight in the fridge, hoping they wouldn't dissolve into the water. Would this work at all?
>>
>>7394382
You don't rinse with ice water, just cold tap water is fine. And how are you losing curds when you rinse? Line a colander with cheese cloth, dump the curds into that to drain off the whey and then rinse with water while mixing the curds around ti make sure they all get rinsed.

Soaking overnight isn't a good idea for exactly the reason you mentioned, the curds will just take in a bunch of water and either get really soggy or dissolve entirely in the water.
>>
>>7394402
That was my entire point, when you line the colander with cheese cloth it takes forever to drain through the cloth so you're just standing there forever. It can take literally hours to rinse all the acid out like that. That's not acceptable.

>Soaking overnight isn't a good idea for exactly the reason you mentioned, the curds will just take in a bunch of water and either get really soggy or dissolve entirely in the water.
Yeah, I figured, but I was sort of wishing on a star that if the water was cold enough it might work. So I repeat my original question, how do you rinse out all the acid without standing over cheese for literally an hour or more?
>>
>>7394411
Additional question: how do I effectively wash cheesecloth? Or should I just consider them disposable?
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.