[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Anyone here bake bread weekly? How do you keep it fresh throughout

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3

File: BosgBrn[1].jpg (340KB, 2524x1763px) Image search: [Google]
BosgBrn[1].jpg
340KB, 2524x1763px
Anyone here bake bread weekly? How do you keep it fresh throughout the week? My bread always goes stale after 2 days.
>>
>>7387204
I hope this isn't another thinly veiled bread box thread.
>>
>>7387204
Is that dry elephant shit?
>>
>>7387210
I don't know what you mean. Are bread boxes legitimate?

>>7387216
It's preserved bread from Pompeii
>>
>>7387204
>How do you keep it fresh throughout the week?
You don't.

You don't bake more bread than you can eat before it goes stale, or you figure out how to utilize stale bread.

>b...b...but anon, why would ever want to use stale bread?

french toast
breadcrumbs
bread pudding
etc
>>
>>7387540
CROUTONS
>>
>>7387543
Yes, and also croutons if that's your thing.
>>
>>7387540
>>b...b...but anon, why would ever want to use stale bread?
I hope you lose your testicles before you get a chance to breed.
>>
>>7387551
You should probably go back to your thread where you call anyone who isn't into your hipster meme foods fat.
>>
Freeze it
>>
>>7387566
I'm not the one employing shitty writing style, anon.
>>
>>7387204
I just tie it up in a freezer bag and reheat portions after about day four. I find it lasts better if you let it ferment longer.
>>
File: european delicacy cheese.jpg (100KB, 1200x750px) Image search: [Google]
european delicacy cheese.jpg
100KB, 1200x750px
>>7387236
>preserved bread from Pompeii

european food so can be so ugly that i thought it was something freshly prepared.
>>
File: you donkey.jpg (13KB, 400x266px) Image search: [Google]
you donkey.jpg
13KB, 400x266px
>>7387580
>>
>>7387592

Ramsay is picky eater as fuck.

If it's not classical French or whatever British garbage he grew up eating he almost always throws a hissy fit and starts acting like a two year old.
>>
>>7387204
OP, try baking bread that has a some fat in it, that helps slow staling considerably.

After that, I bake bread 2-3 times each week, just keep the loaves on the counter in a plastic bag and they keep just fine.
>>
>>7387545
>>7387543
>>7387540
These. In the colder months (like right now), I bake a small, 250g loaf ever two to three days.
Though... >>7387204
Depending on the type and shape of the loaf, there are ways to extend its usability for a bit. A hard crust loaf will last longer than a soft one. A long shaped, but not baguette-like, loaf will last longer than a round loaf.
Here's how: bake a hard-crust loaf, either long or round, whichever.
Cut it into.
Store it flat on the table, cut-side down. That simple. Moisture leeches out of the hard crust far more slowly than can through the cut-into crumb so storing it cut-side down will keep it relatively good-tasting for days to come.
To refresh your bread, toast your slices a bit first. Not even to brown, if you don't want to, just enough to breath a bit of life into it. Sounds counter-intuitive to introduce a food whose freshness depends on its moisture content to dry heat in order to render it more palatable, but it works for some reason.

Other ideas for stale bread: stuffing/dressing, bread dumplings (non-Jewish mazzoh balls), passatelli (basically cheese-and-breadcrumb spƤtzle) and as a filler for meatloaf (though I prefer cornstarch, actually).

>>7387567
>>7387577
Yeah? You like it thawed from frozen? Can't stand it myself, but hey: you do you, if that's what makes you happy.
>>
OP I strongly recommend you purchase a bread box.
>>
Buy a small cast iron skillet for baking and only make as much bread as you can eat in one sitting or maybe for breakfast the next morning. Keep the leftover dough in the fridge.
https://youtu.be/TGZWXlwcKu4
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.