[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>had first business meeting about branding/logo/menus with

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

File: maxresdefault.jpg (36KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
36KB, 1280x720px
>had first business meeting about branding/logo/menus with graphic designer last night
>applying for copyright on restaurant name
>menu is getting tighter
>menu testing saturday with group of people
>still working full time job while doing all of this
>realizing im probably going to fail horribly
>still doing it anyway

Who here has opened a restaurant or been around someone who has? It's becoming real, realllllly fast.
>>
>>7385265
If your menu composition in any way reflects your post, I'd fire you on the spot.
>>
>>7385314
OP clearly is the boss/owner, and you can't fire the boss, faggot.
>>
Show us the content of the menu.
I have been in the industry for a long time.
I could save your life OP.
>>
Sriracha dispenser on every table
>>
Just add a glory hole and mark up your drinks.

They'll keep cuming 'til they get AIDS.
>>
Pic ur staff very carefully they are the faces of your resturant and if they sense you are a weakiling soon they will run you to closing. Rule with iron fist or they will make you close ur buisness. Also keep an eye on normal and hard working employees to keep them around. Most of them are thiefs, lazy rude asses and liars. Menu is important so is nice staff. Get the combo and enjoy seeing ppl come to ur place and enjoy it
>>
>>7385351
I'm about a year away from opening. So I have one menu item "done" with one that is in the testing phase.

It's only about 5-6 items. Its a memetruck, but I want simple and really fucking good. It's also tacos. Which are also memes.

>>7385314
I ain't no english/writing major. I'm a fucking cook. That's why I have a professional helping me with the menu.
>>
>>7385450
I've been industry for 11 years. Knowing what people are like is why I want to do a memetruck. Because I can keep costs down and probably won't need a giant staff.
>>
File: 1452460033343.png (1MB, 1282x671px) Image search: [Google]
1452460033343.png
1MB, 1282x671px
Serve copious amounts of party cheese salad.
>>
>>7385451
>I ain't no english/writing major. I'm a fucking cook
Fair enough. Good luck.
>>
Food truck needs to look neat, clean and fresh. Keep sanitray levels off the roof and get to ur customers (often students and young ppl, so near university/school or near night clubs) .. You can put food truck next to mall, ur customers are not there. So, location is here the key. And first impresion
>>
>>7385482
City zoning laws where I live relegate foodtrucks to one area downtown. And it's a great spot/always busy. So that part is easy, because I don't have a choice.

As far as cleanliness goes...I'm definitely in the "time to lean, time to clean" camp. The kitchen I work at now looks brand fucking new, everyday at close.

>>7385480
Thanks. Just trying to do it right. I know the odds of success are small. But, cooking is like the only thing I'm good at.
>>
>>7385482
>sanitray
>ur customers
>first impresion

This guy no's what's up.
>>
>>7385489
> the only thing Im good at

I feel the same, anon. I wish I had your courage to do the same. All the luck for you op
>>
I only have one friend in the business. He came to it by running a bar with a business partner who ran the restaurant part of the operation. Then he struck out on his own, hiring an up and coming chef while focusing the bar part of the place on obscure, super high end beer. The combination was a success, and the place was very well reviewed. But the chef proved temperamental, and only lasted a year. The replacements my buddy found weren't as good, and the reputation of the place suffered.

He scrambled to associate with the Slow Food movement, scrupulously sourcing the ingredients, and hiring a chef who presented them simply. That worked, and he started working to present various food events. That made him something of a mini-celebrity on the food scene. It also burned him out a little.

He started taking on investors, and brought in a partner to run the kitchen. The ingredients are still carefully sourced, but now the menu is more like pub food: pork belly tacos, upscale burgers and the like. The bar still does tastings of hard to find beers, and has widened its focus to high end Scotch as well. My buddy is chilling out a little, enjoying the ride of being a small time food celebrity. The place is over a decade old now.
>>
>>7385805
To be honest if it weren't my friend's place I wouldn't go there as often as I do. It's good, but I'm not a massive beer geek, so I really don't get the satisfaction out of paying $10-$14 for a pint of some super rare, obscure beer. Dinner for two with drinks easily sails over $100, and I know many other places where I can drop that same amount and feel like I've had better value. That said, the place has a following among beer enthusiasts and Slow Food types.

And that's a testament for my buddy's vision for the place being spot on. He didn't just jump on the gastropub bandwagon, he made sure everything is noteworthy. He can tell you the farm where the meat for his burgers came from. The cask of sour beer he taps in the spring is probably the only one from that particular brewery available in the US. Connoisseurs flock there, as do people just looking for novelty. And he's built up enough of a regular clientele that he's not stressed out about the business. So the place is a success.
>>
>>7385339
the customers can, shitstain
since you don't even understand this simple concept you will fail
>>
>>7385482
>>7385492

If you're going to samefag so blatantly at least try to use proper grammar in one of your posts...
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.