[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How difficult would it be to recreate a burger from any major

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 3

How difficult would it be to recreate a burger from any major fast food chain at home, using basic ingredients you could find in the grocery store?

I'm not talking about making GOOD burgers necessarily, but rather SIMILAR ones. The emphasis is on copying the fast food burger's taste and texture as closely as possible.
>>
>>7269904
So what I'm reading is, trying to make your food as passable and shitty as possible? Intentionally trying to make low quality stuff relatively difficult. You'd probably need the exact stuff too
>>
>>7269913
It's not necessarily shitty to be quite honest. The fast food chains have those incredibly soft fluffy buns that collapse on their own and feel good in one's mouth. Grocery store buns are much tougher in consistency in comparison. Homemade buns would have an even harder crust still.

That's to say nothing of those delicious mystery sauces and seasonings they put inside.
>>
>>7269904
i've got a book somewhere that explains how to do exactly this, for about 50 popular fast food dishes. bretty gud t b h
>>
Lots of sodium and sugar

Although it's near impossible, even things like the Heinz ketchup McDonalds gets are custom recipes, not the same as what you can buy in stores
>>
>>7269926
Gibe title please. I want to make counterfeit fast food a thing.
>>
>>7269932
i'll see if i can find it
>>
>>7269904

They are just burgers, its easy food. recreation is rather easy tho you can not always hit the same flavour thats just impossible because you are not processing it the same way etc

this site might help you, just pick your chain

http://www.topsecretrecipes.com/home.php
>>
>>7269904
Just find someone to supply you with pink slurry get some mounds cook it and bam Maccas burger ready to eat
>>
>>7269938
here it is:
http://www.amazon.co.uk/The-Takeaway-Secret-favourite-fast-food/dp/0716022354

it's a bit hit and miss, some entries are way off or just a bit shit but there's some good stuff in there t b h
>>
You can't recreate the patties from McD but if you want to get close form your meat in a small ball, season, throw it in the pan and then smash them thin.
They take 1-2 minutes per side.
>>
>>7269930
The good news is that they have them as packets if I recall. So one thing is down.
>>
>>7269923
buns they use are actually steamed I think.
If your grocery store sells these bread bun things meant for sandwiches, they're usually steamed too.
>>
>>7269943
It works better if you shape them first and freeze them before putting them on the heat. I learnt this from some tutorial, and verified it out of curiosity, but haven't done it since then because I don't know why you would want your home made burgers to taste like McDonald's.
>>
>>7269939
I bet they all use some key obscure chemical to differentiate their brands. Nevertheless, I have faith in the ability of regular seasonings to be mixed to a result that closely imitates it.

>>7269942
Nice, thanks. The extract says that dill pickles are a core ingredient in all commercial burgers. I've never noticed that but it's a pretty clever filler to save on meat.

So, which recipe worked best for you?

>>7269943
I love the thinness (and frankly the oiliness) of commercial patties. Flatten-n-fry will definitely be a step I use.

>>7269948
Good thinking, thank you.

>>7269952
>steamed
Didn't occur to me but makes sense.

>they're usually steamed too
I've always perceived them as much dryer. They're probably halfway to being stale though. I would see if I could re-steam them in the kitchen before serving.

>>7269960
One recipe I would most like to recreate is the Wendy's Baconator. Supposedly they don't freeze their meat.
>>
>>7269969
>which recipe worked best for you?
the mcdonalds stuff gets pretty close if you choose your buns wisely desu
>>
>>7269960
>It works better if you shape them first and freeze them before putting them on the heat.
You do lower the quality and make them dryer by doing that.

>>7269969
Pickles are the core ingredients in burgers because they taste amazing.
>>
>>7270232
Pickles are awful and ruin burgers
>>
>>7270272
If you don't like pickles I'm sure they would ruin any food you add them to.
>>
>>7269923
>>grocery store buns are much tougher
no they are not,. they are even more soft, the thing about most fast food buns is that they put shitty additives in it because these additives make the buns elastic and less likely to break apart. a lot of the softness is just that the bread has added sugar as well as the flour.
>>
File: hero_pdt_cheeseburger.png (69KB, 700x326px) Image search: [Google]
hero_pdt_cheeseburger.png
69KB, 700x326px
>>7269904
I work at McD's and this is how you can copypasta a cheeseburger or McDouble:

Take a rolling pin and flatten 80/20 ground beef to about 1/4 inch. Take a cookie cutter 4-5 inches across to cut curcils. Since we use frozen stuff and a top and bottom grill, you need to cook it different. Coat a pan with a tiny bit of non-stick spray and cook the patties until it reaches 160-170F. If you dont have a temp tool BUY ONE. Then buy the cheapest white buns. Toast on bagel setting for 1 min., ketchup (heinz) mustard, If you want the full effect you have to order dehydrated onions and re-hydrate them.
then 1 pickle for a cheeseburger, 2 for a McDouble.
Just regular American cheese slice to top it off. if McDouble cheese inbetween the 2 patties. It exactly re-creates it.
>>
>>7270510
Oh yea, but a very small dash of salt and pepper on the meat patties once they're done cooking
>>
>>7270510
Or take a shit in an overly sweetened bun, that'll work with half the effort.
>>
>>7270510
>curcils
I'm sorry. I have no idea what that is.
>>
>>7269904
>wants to create man made food poducts with fresh delicious ingredients

That shit you get at fast food restaurants isn't even food. Why the fuck would you ever want to eat such vile?
>>
>>7270510
You guys use weird american cheese that has no flavor. I like it. All the american cheese I've tried from the store is much stronger
>>
>>7269904
Yes, just modify your ground beef mixture to include extra cow assholes and stabilizers.
>>
>>7270585
plastic cheddar
>>
File: cta_mcdowell_s_sc01.png (992KB, 1024x683px) Image search: [Google]
cta_mcdowell_s_sc01.png
992KB, 1024x683px
>>7269932
>"McDonald’s is nothing like McDowell’s. While McDonald’s has the golden arches, McDowell's has the golden arcs. McDonald’s has the Big Mac, but McDowell’s has the Big Mick. They both have two all-beef patties, special sauce, lettuce, cheese, pickles and onions. But McDonald’s buns have sesame seeds. McDowell’s buns have no seeds."
>>
>>7270510
>curcils
I was hesitant to believe you actually worked at McDonald's til I saw that
Thread posts: 30
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.