[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

so, someone at my local supermarket preordered a ton of mussels

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

so, someone at my local supermarket preordered a ton of mussels but didn't actually come and get them. so they sold them for .99€ / 1.5kg
however, i have to prepare them today.
besides the obvious food-poisoning gamble, what can i do with them? i was thinking about chef john's drunken mussels recipe, but i was wondering if anyone here has a nice recipe for a tomato-based broth with a lot of garlic and chili?
>>
>>7231057
Why don't you go for mussels "a la marinière" with french frites? It's simple and classic.
>>
>>7231057
What the fuck does "preordered" mean?
Either someone ordered them or didn't, how does that advance to idiot using the term "preordered?" Is that like some idiot using tweet from twitter?
>>
P A E L L A
A
E
L
L
A
>>
>>7231057
Just put them on your arms m8, your post is weak and you are looking soft.
>>
>>7231126
ABSOLUTELY TRASHED
>>
>>7231057
Check for any loosely opened/cracked mussels when you get your package, those are dead and no good.

Then check each mussel by knocking them on a hard surface to see if they're still alive, living ones should react by closing their shell tightly.

Any mussels after who didn't open when cooked were no good as well.

There, minimized the chance of food poisoning.
>>
>>7231277
Do all clappyfats have to be this paranoid about food poisoning from mussels or are you just severely autistic?
>>
>>7231293
What's it like to be so obsessed with a country that you don't like?
>>
>>7231093
preordering means you get everything ready and place the order ahead of time, before actually ordering at the normal time

so you order before you order, and its a preorder
>>
>>7231314
I never said I don't like America.

It's a legitimate question, now answer it please.
>>
>>7231277

> Any mussels after who didn't open when cooked were no good as well.

This is not true
>>
>>7231293
>>7231333
I actually learned this method because like OP I bought a questionable batch of mussels last year.

They were vacuum sealed, had two stickers with 30-50% off and were a day past the perish date. At least they were still refridgerated.
>>
File: chinglish_03.jpg (14KB, 420x307px) Image search: [Google]
chinglish_03.jpg
14KB, 420x307px
>>7231320
>he preorders his mussels for the dlc
>>
I'd just fry off a bunch of chilli and garlic, then throw some roughly chopped tomatoes, a splash of white wine or water and the mussels in and put the lid on for a few minutes. 90% of what makes mussel broth delicious is the juice that comes out of them, so there's not much point worrying about a detailed recipe.
>>
>>7231057
http://www.ijon.de/rezepte/rheinisch_en.html

Search for 'Mussels'
>>
>>7231341
Vacuum sealed mussels wouldn't be alive anyway, surely.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.