[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Has /ck/ ever been to Chuys? One opened up near me a couple months

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

File: Big-As-Yo-Face-Steak-Burrito.jpg (2MB, 2656x2464px) Image search: [Google]
Big-As-Yo-Face-Steak-Burrito.jpg
2MB, 2656x2464px
Has /ck/ ever been to Chuys?
One opened up near me a couple months ago
I heard they're Tex Mex
>>
Yep. Looks like tex-mex
>>
>>7226154
With that mystery solved.
Anyone gone there? Any good?
>>
>>7226135
My parents would take me every single weekend to Chuy's on Friday night because they loved the ribs, lobster tacos/salads, and that's basically it. They would get shitfaced: Mom would get a margarita or maybe some glasses of chardonnay, Dad would get a pitcher of Sam Adams and probably another wine for himself. I would play the arcade games... every single Friday for years until they closed and replaced it with something less tacky and white trashy.. I'm getting a major nostalgia trip from this post right now, fuck..
>>
>>7226135
It's alright. Just another tex-mex chain. The one near me has a free nacho bar for happy hour so I guess that's cool.
>>
>>7226298
Interesting
The one that opened here is near the trendy shopping center. Don't think much white trash roams around that parts
>>
>>7226298
>one pitcher of beer
>shit faced
>>
>>7226135
Their ranch dip is 10/10.
>>
>>7226405
I'm assuming it's more than just ranch
>>
They're meh. Best thing they have is the chicken tortilla soup and free chips with the dips. Everything else is fucked. Too salty and too dry. I swear they premake shit and just put a plate in the oven because their plates are ALWAYS hot with the food at the same temp. Their worst item is their flour tortilla which says something.
>>
>>7226135
If you go to literally any other mexican restaraunt, you usually get complementary queso, salsa, vegetable relish, and tortillas. Chuys charges you extra for everything but the chips and salsa. Keep that in mind. Also their burritos are pretty decent.
>>
>>7226391
i was like 11 years old. sorry, i can't say exactly how much my dad drank at the time. he's always the driver, and we'd drive half an hour back home from Chuy's, so he'd take care of my sloshed mom until getting into his own beer stash.

>>7226375
this was in Riverside county, in a town called Temecula known for its dirt bike riding white trash population. it's like Little Texas in terms of the huge trucks and insane Baptist neocons. if you remember the protest blockade of the buses of illegal Mexicans a few years ago, that happened in Menifee, very close to the Chuy's we would go to.
>>
I used to fucking love Chuy's when I was younger, (in my twenties), but it's changed a bit since then, and so has my palette. But it's fairly solid texmex, and if you like a rowdy, overly decorated restaurant atmosphere you can't go wrong. Try and count how many velvet Elvis paintings they have.
>>
>>7226861
From the other posts I'm reading, I'll have to change my answer and say it's not fairly solid texmex, anymore anyway. It used to be. But it sounds like it's changed a lot since I used to go there back in the day.
>>
>>7226298
How much like your father are you, anon?
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.