[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Apparently eating this brings you good luck? What are some weird

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3

File: 1451571668219s.jpg (5KB, 250x149px) Image search: [Google]
1451571668219s.jpg
5KB, 250x149px
Apparently eating this brings you good luck?

What are some weird food cultures and myths you grew up with?
>>
Black eyed peas
>>
>>7217750

Someone said this to me yesterday!

I recently relocated to SEO and the widow next door knocked on our door and handed me a plate of sausages and Kraut.

Weird.
>>
>>7217753
Someone posted that image on /b/ and said his grandmother believes in that, so I went here to ask about food cultural norms. Is this shit spreading like a disease or something? I bet I'm going to hear about some weird new sausage and pasta fad in a few weeks.
>>
>>7217750
> ---"Eat 'sour cabbage' for a sweet year; Having sauerkraut on New Year's Day brings luck, some say," Kathleen Parrish, Morning Call [Allentown:PA], January 1, 2004 (p. A1)
>>
>>7217754

It's a German thing, the largest demographic in Ohio is people with German ancestry. Weird. The widow next door is from Northern Germany, can't recall where...stopped listening to her after the first cup of tea. No idea why the wife invited her inside, now she's going to keep coming back like a stray cat.

I'm not eating it, it'll sit in the fridge until I throw it away probably. I'm not sitting around the house doing nothing tonight, my mother-in-law lives with us, free babysitter. I'm going into Columbus until Monday. I plan on getting very drunk tonight.
>>
My in-laws always do that New Years day. Didn't work out so great this past year though, seeing as my father in law got cancer and died.
>>
File: 18775533377.gif (1MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
18775533377.gif
1MB, 1280x720px
>>7217773

Well that's something to celebrate right there.
>>
>>7217750
Britain.

If you can eat and swallow one grape for every chime of the big bong in the run up to midnight of new years then you will have luck in the new year.
>>
>>7217750
Tomorrow I'll be eating black eyed peas and collard greens for money and luck this new year (and it's delicious).
>>
>>7217750
I live in New Orleans, Cajun culture dictates we eat Cochon De Lait, black eyed peas, and cabbage
>>
File: Lutefisk.jpg (34KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
Lutefisk.jpg
34KB, 640x480px
>>7217750
I grew up in Western Wisconsin where lutefisk and lefse are common holiday meals. Lefse is ok, but I've never tried lutefisk. I've heard it tastes like soapy fish.
>>
>>7217841
Yep. I live in Nashville and black eyed peas and collards are very common NYD foods.
>>
Gnocchi
In Uruguay and Argentina they are traditionally eaten every 29th of the month. And when you're done eating you leave a couple of coins under the plate.
>>
We live in Britain and down were we are we have some things that I have never seen anywhere else

The man of war cake.
A amazingly soft almond and cherry cake.

A special family pasta dish that I will never share.

Pond pudding.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.