[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I make my own peanut butter from cheap peanuts, because it's

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 5

File: 1443089495727.png (48KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1443089495727.png
48KB, 500x500px
I make my own peanut butter from cheap peanuts, because it's much cheaper than the factory made stuff and I don't want unnecessary palm oil/sugars and shit. I know that you are not supposed to store peanut butter in the fridge, but I do because I'm thinking my own does not have any preservatives and might go bad in room temperature.

What is your take on this, anyone else who makes their own peanut butter from cheap roasted/salted peanuts?

>Pic related; yfw I store my home make PB in the fridge against better knowing.
>>
File: spärde.png (381KB, 742x777px) Image search: [Google]
spärde.png
381KB, 742x777px
ebin :DD
op likes nuts :DDD
like a gay :-DDD
>>
>>7216246
I've had a few kinds of "natural" peanut butter that said to store in the fridge right on the jar.

It's perfectly fine, you just have to stir it before you use it because it separates.

What made you think you're not supposed to?
>>
>>7216246
>can store whole peanuts at room temperature
>can't store ground peanuts at room temperature
i mean i guess breaking the peanuts down could make them spoil faster, but i think it mainly helps with oil separating. if you refrigerate it, the oil will solidify a bit more and stop separating as much.

it also depends on how much you make and how quickly you eat it.
>>
File: 6tag_090913-192913.jpg (150KB, 612x612px) Image search: [Google]
6tag_090913-192913.jpg
150KB, 612x612px
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WdN0dLhPHmc
>>
File: image_thumb.png (76KB, 321x368px) Image search: [Google]
image_thumb.png
76KB, 321x368px
>>7216246

i buy kroger brand natural and that is only peanuts and salt.

I don't mean to be a pretentious shit but the "normal" peanut butter tastes disgusting and is sickeningly sweet. I don't really understand why sugar has become an essential part of virtually every non natural peanut butter, but I guess its just to get people hooked and it's cheaper than actually making your peanut butter entirely out of peanuts.
>>
>>7216266
Yeah I've read about the separation and well, the cool keeps that from happening pretty much. I didn't think it was bad for the PB, but that it's just not 2normal" to do, like some argue whether or not to have ketchup in the fridge, even tho you are suppose to and is worse than Hitler if you don't.

>>7216276
Yeah, pretty much what I'm thinking; I modified the content and may expose it to faster spoilage. I'll just keep it in the fridge I guess.

>>7216263
:-DDDDDDDDDDDD
>>
>>7216292
OP here: I live in Sweden and while PB is not rare, it's not as common as in the US. I was 19 the first time I had it, 24 now and I use it in sauce for rice, main thing is that I really can't comment on the contents on non natural PB. :/ Thanks for the answer.

By the way, your last sentence that it's cheaper to buy pre made; here the cheapest PB cost ~$2.8/lbs while roasted peanuts are just $1.59/lbs but maybe it's different in the US where it's more of a staple(?).
>>
>>7216246
I make my own and simply top up the same jar I've been using for awhile, now, with no quality or spoilage issues, anon.

There's no need to store it in the fridge, but it won't hurt it if you do.
>>
>>7216246
I do the same, for the same reasons. I would've tried to store it in a cupboard already but my gf keeps putting it in the fridge so I dunno. I have no reason to believe it won't be fine in the cupboard though. Being in the fridge makes it dry-ish.
>>
>>7216246
$5 for half lb adams pb, only salt and peanuts
I used to like kraft, tried adams for 2 jars and went back to kraft, which tasted like absolute ass after that. One of the few things that I don't cheap out on is PB.
>>
File: 800 (1).jpg (117KB, 800x560px) Image search: [Google]
800 (1).jpg
117KB, 800x560px
>>7216362
Okay, I clean my jar every time, not because I feel I need to but just because. I use like 1.5 lbs in 2-3 weeks.

>>7216403
I guess it's a little dry... I'll put some in a smaller jar next batch and see. Might it be dry because you eat/spread it cold or is "the damage" permanent? As I only use it in warm sauce, not storing it cold might actually be smart.

>>7216441
We have both those brands in Sweden but I'll pass I guess.

Thanks for all the great answers.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.