[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

A few days ago I saw the best cooking advice I've ever read

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 3

A few days ago I saw the best cooking advice I've ever read on /ck/ and think it deserves a thread of its own
Here's what you're gonna do OP. Listen carefully because this is very important advice. Lots of people think cooking is all about complicated recipes, big cookbooks and arduous effort. Really it's more of an innate thing.

Learning to cook is much more simple, so pay close attention to what I'm going to say. Are you listening?

Fry an egg and experiment with various seasoning. This will give you an idea of what flavours go well together which is the most important quality in cooking. Fry an egg, cut it in quarter, season each quarter differently. Try one with cayenne and, I dunno, chives? Just experiment with lots of seasoning combinations.

Then fry another egg and repeat the process. Keep frying eggs and experimenting until you get a good idea of what works. You can eat 3-4 eggs in a day, heck you're from /fit/ so probably 6+. If you eat 6 eggs in a day, that's 24 egg quarters, 24 seasoning combinations in a day. You're talkng about 1000 seasoning combinations in just over a month.

At this stage you'll be a spicemaster and what/how you cook wont matter because you'll be better at seasoning than 99% of professional chefs, and this WILL make you a good cook.
>>
The idea is OK, but cutting them up in quarters means:

1. You fry them all the way through, no runny yolk
2. Your delicious yolk is cut up and wasted

both of these deserve capital punishment so, no.
>>
File: image.jpg (77KB, 500x475px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
77KB, 500x475px
How many times you gonna post this?
>>
Fuck off, shitposter.
>>
>>7171914

You can lick the plate afterwards for the yolk.
>>
>>7171916
This. Fuck off, op
>>
>>7171920
like some disgusting peasant? i'd rather feed it to the hounds!
>>
>>7171912
>this fucking post again

youre literally shitposting more than the soylent guy
>>
This is bad advice because you have no different spice interaction, you don't actually cook spices on their complimenting medium, method or even at all. The best way to get cooking is to follow basic recipes and move on to more advanced recipes while keeping in minds of flavors and technique.
>>
>>7171955
Fuck you, this is great advice...if you want to know 1000 ways to season an egg.
>>
OP detected.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VZPkIPfnzqs
>>
>>7171991
>, this is great advice...if you want to know 1000 ways to season an egg.
That's as far as it goes though, I have done similar with cheese on toast. I used pretty much everything I had, from Marmite to Oregano . .. .it's a bit of fun but it's only specific to the basic food you are testing.
>>
wow that is the worst advice i've heard in about 6 years of posting on here. the guy who gave the advice has obviously not himself eaten one thousand permutations of a quartered egg. that is utterly ludicrous. why would you accept this idea as reasonable. also even if you did do it you wouldn't be a spicemaster at all. seasoning applies differently to different things.
>>
>>7172093
Inability to detect sarcasm is a symptom of autism
>>
>>7172118
Inability to let things lie without correcting them to fit your world view is a symptom of autism
>>
>>7172136
being on 4chan is a symptom of autism

hello pham
>>
>>7172140
>hello pham
>pham

Trying this hard to circumnavigate a word filter. I guess using black twitter speak is really important to you eh?
>>
>>7172156

gee typing one extra character sure takes the task over the threshold of effort into non-triviality huh
>>
Its actually on ok idea.. a bit overboard.. it will give someone a very good feel for spices and combinations of spices.. This is a huge part of having a good first hand feel for cooking.

But you will have 0 technique experience.. which means you will fuck up hard on every new recipe many times until you learn it. Lots of important hands on stuff.
>>
>>7172169

>. it will give someone a very good feel for spices and combinations of spices

no it won't, they'll have just tried a bunch of random combinations once. it's retarded.

they should just fucking cook stuff. there is shortcut, you just learn to cook different things and practice doing it.
>>
This is great advice. I just bought a 24 pack of eggs. Can't wait to start quartering them up and seasoning them. Soon to become a spicemaster/great chef!
>>
>>7172156
You're really making me shake my head, to be honest, family.
>>
Is this legit?
>>
>>7173176
Yes my cooking level shot from 30-99 in just a few hours of seasoning eggs
>>
File: 1438112615471.gif (512KB, 480x270px) Image search: [Google]
1438112615471.gif
512KB, 480x270px
Good advice
>>
just keep forcing this non-meme, posting on every /ck/ thread.
>>
I can't eat 4 eggs in a day. I did that a few days ago and got the worst stomach pain I've ever had in my life.
>>
>>7173238
The eggs probably werent seasoned correctly
>>
>>7173246
nah his pallet wasn't seasoned correctly
Thread posts: 29
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.