[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I recently ordered a bunch of exotic meats (elk, wildboar, fallow

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 6

File: elk steak.jpg (52KB, 612x361px) Image search: [Google]
elk steak.jpg
52KB, 612x361px
I recently ordered a bunch of exotic meats (elk, wildboar, fallow venison, alligator, black bear and ostrich. I've never cooked with the ingredients.

What are some recipes/Ideas?
>>
>>7154881

Sausages.

Turn the alligator into popcorn chicken lookalikes.
>>
>>7154881
>exotic

If those are your idea of "exotic," you really need stop eating fast-food.
>>
>>7155144
You should stop shooting and consuming everything that crosses your front yard if you consider black bear meat a standard snack food.
>>
>>7155085
This. Alligator bites are goat
>>
>>7154881

what cuts of meat for the elk, venison and boar? i have a really nice game cookbook
>>
>>7155150
Of you can just go to a local marketplace instead of ordering Pizza Hut. What kind of third-world """""country""""" do you live in if bear is considered "exotic?" Rare maybe, but exotic?
>>
>>7155144
Anything that isn't pork, chicken or beef is considered 'exotic meat' dummy. Google any of those meats and it will come up with 'exotic' meat sellers. Nice projection on the fast food though, guess that's your thing.

>>7155162
I have a few pounds of wildboar loins, belly and st. louis rib cuts. I have Elk loin, ground meat and t-bone steaks. I have a shoulder roast, back ribs and sirloin steak venison.
>>
>>7155144
If black bear and alligator isn't your idea of exotic meat what is? Endangered Black Rhino? Savannah lions? Moron.
>>
File: IMG_20151210_162609_635.jpg (1MB, 1836x3264px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20151210_162609_635.jpg
1MB, 1836x3264px
>>7155928

for the ground elk meat, don't make a burger or anything, i had this a few times and highly recommend pic related. there's like two loin recipes for boar, the rest wants lean meat for stews. boar belly is tender right?

elk is pretty much venison isn't it? oh and this book also has ostrich, what are you looking for really?
>>
File: flyover country.png (27KB, 400x235px) Image search: [Google]
flyover country.png
27KB, 400x235px
>>7155928
>Anything that isn't pork, chicken or beef is considered 'exotic meat' dummy
>>
>>7156693
>my mommy does my shopping so I don't realize that you don't buy wild boar, bear, deer venison, elk and alligator at your local supermarket

That is just what meats that aren't from the main farm animals are called idiot. It doesn't mean it has to come from some wildly endangered animal you dumb fuck.
>>
File: IMG_20151210_164113_444.jpg (927KB, 3264x1836px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20151210_164113_444.jpg
927KB, 3264x1836px
well i'm a sucker for mustard sauces and shit and this one comes with a sexy image, so i picked this one for you
>>
File: plane.jpg (71KB, 1240x826px) Image search: [Google]
plane.jpg
71KB, 1240x826px
>>7156701
>He considers duck, turkey, goose, quail, pigeon, venison, lamb and goat to be exotic
>>
File: IMG_20151210_164228_711.jpg (1MB, 1836x3264px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20151210_164228_711.jpg
1MB, 1836x3264px
>>7156715

here's a snippet:

"Ostrich is easily adaptable to all dry-cooking techniques, from stir-fry and BBQ to roasting and sauteing. It also takes well to marinades. For optimum results, slice the meat into medallions and cook quickly over high heat to rare or medium rare, about 140 F to 150 F on an instant read thermometer. Because it's so lean, there is almost no shrinkage. To prevent sticking, add a little oil (especially a flavored one) to the pan, or brush the meat with it. Even a short amount of overcooking can make ostrich dry and unappealing, If you stew or braise ostrich, do so over very low heat.
>>
>>7156720
exotic more like erotic am I rite
>>
>>7156720
Those are common farm animals

>he doesn't consider black bear and alligator to be exotic meat

It's not even a matter of 'consider' this is what they are called, exotic meats. You said something stupid, get over it moron.
>>
>>7155144
Any wild game meat is referred to as exotic. Not sure what your 'idea' of exotic is but you've got the wrong one.
>>
>>7156869
I never said bear and alligator weren't exotic.
Looks like you confused me with the other guy.

It was your claim that anything other than pork, chicken or beef is exotic that I had an issue with, because that's just plain ridiculous.

>>7156894

Game meat = anything that is hunted (i.e. not farmed) for food

Exotic meat = anything non-indigenous that is hunted for food

For example: in the UK, boar, pigeon and venison would be game. Alligator, zebra and bear would be exotic
>>
>>7157330
>Not considering OP might be from UK
>>
Alligator and black bear ravioli in a lemongrass broth with goats cheese profiteroles is the GOAT recipe.
>>
>>7159268
This sounds pretty damn fantastic
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.