[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do I make kebab meat? I attempted it using mutton in a marinade

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 2

How do I make kebab meat?

I attempted it using mutton in a marinade of garlic, onion, salt, pepper, olive oil, cinnamon, cumin, and thyme, let it rest for half a day, then seared it in a pan. It wasn't bad but didn't taste anything like the kebab I know.

What do?
>>
>>7131764
you can't m8
>>
File: dergerät.jpg (27KB, 700x525px) Image search: [Google]
dergerät.jpg
27KB, 700x525px
get a der gerät
>>
>>7131781
Does this thing actually cook whole log of meat or does it keep it warm
>>
>>7131764

>trying to make reject, waste meat with insanely low protein yet super high calories

mate...
>>
>>7131764

Yoire missing the saliva and semen of a dozens angry arabs. Spit and cum on it next time.
>>
>>7131769
W-why?

>>7131781
I don't think that is the issue. I figured if I get the seasoning right I could maybe use an oven with top heat to get similar results.

>>7131802
B-but it tastes good! And I want to try combining it with foods that aren't Turkish, I think there is great potential there.
>>
>>7131797
it roasts the outer layer of the "log" which is then shaved off
>>
>slice the mutton in flakes
>stick them on a skiver
>throw the skewers in a grill pan
>grill the shit out of it, turn the skewer vertical and slice away with a sharp knife

Serve on your kebabistani bread with whatever meme garnish you want
>>
Try this?
http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/alton-brown/gyro-meat-with-tzatziki-sauce-recipe.html
Or you could just buy some from a kebab supply place but don't know how you'd store it. Also Iceland sells frozen kebab meat which isn't terrible if you're drunk
>>
>>7131802
Who cares about this shit. I eat what tastes good
>>
>>7132065

words of a true fatass.
>>
>>7132070
female or faggot confirmed, gas yourself
>>
>>7131797
Der Gerät WIll cut the meat sweat free fAm
>>
>>7132101
It is also in the shop before the boss
>>
Do you mean the pasteurised processed meat tube kebab or the steaks layered in concentric circles in a cylindrical fashion kebab? I've made the former, but not the later. Several times, actually.
I took pictures of the process and posted them here once before. Shall I do it a second time?
>>
>>7133932
The former, I think.

That would be awesome. If the thread is on some 4chan archive you could also post that link. I'm most interested in the recipe.

>>7131873
Thanks, I might try that. But unless I get the seasoning or marinade right I don't think it would work.
>>
>>7131764
Unfortunately they are still considered human and cannibalism is illegal in most countries.
>>
>>7133973
Here ya go:
https://warosu.org/ck/thread/6222125

ctrl+f: 6243900

This one was made with chicken, but you can make lamb, beef, pork or whatever meat you'd like. Even a mix of meats.
>>
Some tips on making proper kebab meat:

1. Channel your inner arab. Try to sound like one. Forget grammar. Is not needed for kebab.
2. Any meat can be kebab meat. Lamb, goat, pork, horse, hooker. The cheaper and shittier, the better. Want that authentic kebab taste, you don't use grade A meat, you use Hakims' "I can't believe it's not horse" meat.
3. Spices are more important than how you fry meat. Look up what spices are in your favorite type of kebab and drown the meat in those. Put spices until you can hardly taste the meat. It's a kebab, not a steak.
4. Fry in a pan until it's done. Personally, I like it a bit more crispy.
5. Optionally drop some ingredients on floor and pick up before anyone see for authentic kebab shop experience.
6. Congratulations, you have made kebab.

Or in short, it's mostly about the spices. You could make a kebab with ground pork if you want and it'd be good if you used the right spices.
>>
>>7134060
Thanks, that looks like a good way to do it.
Do you have measurements for the ingredients?

>>7134333
Please tell me the spices! If you are right then this is where I must be struggling.
>>
>>7131764
Are you using the right meat?
https://vimeo.com/60639863
>>
gyros > kebabs
>>
>>7135087
Hahahaha go back to Reddit kid, /ck/ knows that kebabs are better than gyros and that Americans will NEVER EVER have kebabs!!!!!!
>>
>>7135091
this desu!
>>
>>7134758
>Do you have measurements for the ingredients?
Sort of. I don't generally measure when I cook.
The only thing I can tell you is 4g of salt and one egg white per 300g of meat. The rest (cornflour, spices etc) is completely by look and feel, sorry.
Most prepared spice mixtures of durkadurka origins or from other ethnicities near durkadurkas would be fine, such as ras el hanout, bharat, advieh and berbere. Even garam masala should be okay, just try choosing one that has fewer (or no) sweet spices, such as clove and cinnamon.
>>
>>7136650
Thanks!
I'll give this a try.
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.