[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey /ck/, has anyone ever eaten North Korean food before? If

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 6

File: North korean food.jpg (301KB, 2362x1462px) Image search: [Google]
North korean food.jpg
301KB, 2362x1462px
Hey /ck/, has anyone ever eaten North Korean food before? If so, what does it taste like to you in general?

Pic related, only a simple fast food restaurant?
>>
>>7123722
Pretty much exactly the same as traditional south korean food, wasn't that long ago they were the same country
>>
>>7123722
There's some roving fucker that makes food from shitty countries, North Korea included

You can google it
>>
>>7123722
>>
>>7123722
it tastes like best korea
>>
>>7123730
Wrong. Korea has numerous types of cooking styles. Southern food tends to be spicier and more fermented. Busan has a strong preference for seafood since they are a coastal city. Im in chungcheong province amd most food tends to be oily and fried. Seoul food has a cleaner crisper taste, more similar to japanese food.

Girlfriends mom's family are north korean. Her aunt is a gov offical in best korea. So her cooking style is like pyongyang cuisine. Maybe a bit further up.

Uses very little oil in frying. Has more beef related cuisine. Cold noodle broth is a really rich and hearty beef broth without as much of a vinegar flavour. They also have a prefetence for a fresh tasting kimchi. Its so cold there so it doesnt ferment
>>
>>7124030
>Her aunt is a gov offical in best korea

how does your gf deal with the fact that her mom's family is either victims or murderers ?

>>7123722
>implying this isnt staged

none of them have ever seen that much food
>>
>>7123722
>Korean food

you mean cannibalism
>>
>>7124039
The fact that we wil never be able to contact them or see them must help i guess. 25% of all south koreans have family in the north.

North Korean food is delicious as fuck. Shame the cooking up there will become a lost art since nobody will have any food to prepare.
>>
>>7124039
>either victims or murderers ?
We're all victims. Like right now I'm a victim of reading your terrible post and you're a victim of substandard education.
Just kidding.
>>
>>7124071

explain ?

Or are you this cynic all the time ?

Or maybe you actually believe Best Korea has it right and the rest of the world is wrong ?

Then go there, live with them.

>susbstandard education

Yeah I'm pretty sure you're one of those 16 yo who think communism is cool and uncle sam is a big bad bully.
btw I'm not american

>>7124058
Damn that sucks. I'm sorry for you & your gf anon.
>>
>>7124078
Sorry I really was just kidding. People on other boards have been pissing me off and I didn't mean to take it out on /ck/.
>>
>>7124030
weeb
>>
>>7124030
>Ching ching province.
No anon, you're in a ching Chong country.
>>
>>7123722

Its hilarious ( or maybe very sad ) to see that best korea is trying to give this image to the rest of the world.

We know this isnt whats happening in their country right now.

Why would they put forward fast food, and even more so an image in which pretty much anyone will see McD or any other big fast food company, symbol of capitalism ?
Why would they want to give the impression that hey, we're doing just as well as you, world !

Man the lack of food, education and interactions with the rest of the world really is making even their officials dumb as rocks.

Sorry I'm kinda obsessed with NK and whats going on there.
>>
>>7124093
During your obsession, did you ever look into why North Koreans are so unattractive?
They're like the Aborigines of Asia.
>>
>>7124140
Thats not fair, the majority may be oblivious to whats going on outside of their country but thats because they're the victims of being imprisoned in their own country for decades by psychos or whatever you want to call the people who have run the country for so long.

Like everyone interested in this stuff I watched and read pretty much every documentaries on NK on the internet but thats not much.

Unless you're a worker for charity NGO like croix rouge or MSF ( I think those were in NK a long time ), or a spy or a undercover agent or whatever, you dont know whats going on.
So yeah my knowledge is limited like everyone else, but you cant call them the Abos of Asia.
>>
>>7123722
I've had naengmyun, does that count?
>>7124039
>>7124078
>wot? u have relatives in wrong country? hurr hurr che guevara shirts if u don't like umerica git out

Kill yourself.
>>
>>7124163
Malaysians are allowed to visit NK without a government guide, apparently.
>>
>>7123722
The food is shit it is not the same as south Korean food it has no taste and tastes rancid
>>
>>7124078
/pol/ pls go
>>
File: 1442880943957.gif (2MB, 255x234px) Image search: [Google]
1442880943957.gif
2MB, 255x234px
>>7124085
>>7124090
>>
>>7124293

Not true. They do not need a visa to visit, but they still need be guided.
>>
File: bestkorea.jpg (47KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
bestkorea.jpg
47KB, 640x480px
>>
>>7125949
what's in the cup? korean piss?
>>
>>7124078
>this is what clappyfats ACTUALLY believe
>>
There is a NK series from Vice - he also talked about the food somewhat.
>>
>>7125949

Sadly, I find this impressive for airline food.
>>
>>7125975
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ttongsul
>>
File: Kim_class_meal.jpg (448KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
Kim_class_meal.jpg
448KB, 1024x768px
>>7126500
>>
>>7126523
Haha - it is literally a drink made of shit.
>>
>>7124030
>Her aunt is a gov offical in best korea.
No.
>>
>>7123722
>North Korean food
North Koreans don't get food.
>>
>>7123722
this menu was created by the great leader
>>
>>7123722
>>7124093
>the tills aren't switched on
>the machines at the back aren't switched on

It isn't even a restaurant; it's a stage.
Thread posts: 35
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.