[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What are some simple foods that you can send to a college student

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 1

File: 1351516651625.jpg (54KB, 720x540px) Image search: [Google]
1351516651625.jpg
54KB, 720x540px
What are some simple foods that you can send to a college student having trouble getting more than one meal a day?
Preferably things that don't need much preparation, if possible; I'd offer recipes and grocery lists, but dorm restraints make that seemingly impossible or at the very least unlikely.

A unconnected but related question: How difficult would it be to ship some homemade soup?
>>
>>7118818
>dorm
Were they not required to get a meal plan?
>>
>>7118818
freeze and pack in dry ice? i guess it all depends on how far you're shipping it and what kind of shipping you're paying for.
>>
>>7118821
>eating OCB tier food everyday.
I had to eat it 4 times over our 2 day orientation and I got sick of it after the first time
>>
>>7118821
I don't know many of the details about it, but from what I've collected, there is some sort of meal plan, but there are either some rather odd restrictions on it or works on some sort of credit system that ends up running out part way through the month.
>>
>>7118828
400 miles or so; I don't really mail or ship much out, so that's why I'm asking for recommendations on what/how the proper way to go about doing it would be.
>>
>>7118818

Don't send that motherfucker a g'damn thing.

If they can't feed themselves at that age, then they deserve to starve.
>>
>>7118818
money
>>
>>7120366
I have considered that, just thinking sending actual items would be a better way to start off.

>>7120363
Rude
>>
>>7118818

Does he have access to a kitchen, or at least a microwave?

Shipping homemade soup should be simple if you use a thermos, but it would be infinitely cheaper and easier to just send a fuckton of cans.
>>
>>7120401
Kitchen I'm not entirely sure, but I would assume finding a microwave wouldn't be |too| much of an issue. I will need to ask though.
They have mentioned about lacking in cutlery/utensils, so sending something like that might be a nice idea as well; Not something I'd need suggestions on though.

I had done a bit of googling when I originally started thinking about this and canning came up relatively often. How difficult would it be to do something like canning soup?
>>
>>7120389

What's ruder is treating a college student like a g'damn baby.

And we wonder why there are so many manchildren and 20 year old little girls running around the nation...
>>
>>7120414
I'm just trying to help out a friend with troubles getting by.
>>
One person cooking for them self in a shared kitchen with college student slobs isn't worth it. Give them money to eat out or if you don't want to give them cash then give them gift cards to restaurants.
>>
>>7120482
I wasn't expecting them to cook in a shared kitchen, since I'm pretty sure(at this point) that it's not really an option. It was more things that could be prepared with just a microwave or without any direct heating at all if possible.
As I said above, money (and giftcards as an extension there-of) are something I've been considering, it's just I'd like to start off with actual food and the like; Thus the soup question.
>>
>>7120363

You sound like my grandfather. He went on this whole tirade a couple months ago over how he survived on peanut butter sandwiches for eight months while going to school.

It's like, "that's all well and good but it's not the fucking fifties anymore." It's like the elderly have hundreds of different stories regarding how hard their life was. It's not that I don't believe it, it just that they pretend that they're the only ones that have ever had to do anything difficult.
>>
EASY MAC
A
S
Y

M
A
C
>>
>>7120502
Hilariously, that's actually a good idea of something I could send.
>>
>>7120452
Then teach them to cook, don't send them food.
>>
>>7120515
Believe me, I would love to teach them how to cook if they weren't so far away and actually had access to a kitchen.
In fact, in the future, that's something I really hope to do; I just want to make sure they make it through to that future.

God that sounds like something out of a terrible chick-flick.
>>
>>7120515

I'm not the OP, but I have family that knows how to cook but still has trouble getting by. I send them money because I know they're not going to waste it on kraft dinner or some shit. Of course, they're not students living in a dorm. The RAs for those fucking things are complete cunts as I recall.
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.