[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Americans deep fry stuff in pans. Holy shit, isn't

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 6

>Americans deep fry stuff in pans.

Holy shit, isn't that dangerous as fuck? Why don't they use pic related more often? It's pretty much the only thing people use for deep frying in my country.
>>
File: 1147374.png (334KB, 403x367px) Image search: [Google]
1147374.png
334KB, 403x367px
>only americans pan fry
>>
Unitasker.
>>
File: large.jpg (90KB, 895x746px) Image search: [Google]
large.jpg
90KB, 895x746px
>only americans pan fry
>>
>>7109810
Deep frying in a large pan or pot is no more dangerous than using a fryer. You use a thermometer and adjust the heat accordingly.

Weak bait, I give it 2/10 since I bothered to reply.
>>
>>7109858
hold on is their something dangerous about pan frying? I cut a potato and put a lot of coconut oil in the pan and fried it until it was golden/crispy and for some reason I got heavy diarrhea for the next day. Did I do something wrong? It was my first time cooking with coconut oil so maybe my system wasn't used to ingesting so much of it.
>>
>>7109867
>is their something dangerous about pan frying?
No.
>>
That looks like a bitch to clean and really saturates the food in oil. I don't use a lot of oil if I am frying anything, never really "deep fry" foods because they often taste shit and are cancerous.

Obviously I would invest in one if I wanted to make a shitload of fries.
>>
Pretty sure everyone's trolling but op said deep frying isn't the same thing as pan frying or even shallow frying.
>>
>>7109867
>hold on is their something dangerous about pan frying?

Yeah. the risk of starting a fire if you splash the oil onto the stovetop.
>>
>>7109894

Correct. But you can deep fry in a saucepan (or frying pan, or wok, etc....) It's all about how much oil you put in there.
>>
File: firegirl.png (126KB, 945x872px) Image search: [Google]
firegirl.png
126KB, 945x872px
Always remember to extinguish grease fires using plenty of cold water
>>
>>7109907
You're certainly could but it wouldn't be called pan frying just because you're using a pan to deep fry.
>>
>>7109934
Not a large bucket of ice cubes?
>>
>>7109934
Pretty sure you're supposed to use soapy water.
>>
>>7109979
No, you use the ice cubes to make sure the oil's hot enough for deep frying.
>>
>over friends house
>shes an immigrated 3rd worlder
>her mom is visiting
>frying some stuff in a pot on the stove
>puts a match in the oil while its cold
>when the match ignites you know the oil is hot enough

is this common? its the first time I have ever seen something like this and it seems wildly unsafe.
>>
>>7110085
Half my family is from the third world, and I've spent a lot of time in third world countries, never seen this done.

Then again we're third world rich (there is no middle class in the third world). Maybe this is what third world poor do, I've never really lived with that kind of people. But you'd think the maids would have tried it if it was a thing, and yet, they seem to be able to follow common sense kitchen rules, at least in the main house.
>>
oh look another thread about what some moron yuro thinks americans all do
>>
>>7110146
about how many US dollars do you need to make a year in order to be 3rd world rich?
I would like maids and a guest house, even if its at the risk of dysentery and being beheaded by drug cartels
>>
>>7110085
You could just did the tip of a chopstick in the oil to see if its hot. Or a peppercorn.
>>
i don't think you should generalize but i know what you mean, op. i do deep fry stuff in pans and it scares the shit out of me every time how easily it could catch fire. i definitely should get a deep fryer but i can't afford one right now
>>
>>7110241
they are $20 at walmart
>>
>>7110250
i don't have 20 dollars right now. and even if i did, a deep fryer wouldn't be in my top priorities
>>
>>7110241

How would a sensible amount of good frying oil in a big heavy cast iron dutch oven be any more flammable or dangerous than putting it in a 20 dollar Chinese flimsy fryer?
>>
>>7110210
It's not really about income, my actual salary here in the US, working a regular old middle class white collar job, may very well be higher than my grandfather's back in the day in his job (a senior government official). But there was family property (land with valuable natural resources), and the family name, and connections.

Third world rich means being able to have your relatives get you out of most trouble by making a phone call. Picked up by the cops for some infraction? About to get kicked out of school? No problem, my daddy is so-and-so. Or get you a job practically anywhere (within the confines of that third world country). Or get into the best schools in that third world country whether or not you were a good student.

The drawback is having all your most distant relatives calling YOU for the same stuff.

I didn't grow up there, so I didn't have to deal with that stuff, but I visited and everyone was like "oh you're from THAT family? why are you living in America, you'd so much better off here"
>>
>>7110289
maybe it wouldn't be more dangerous in that case, but I'm talking about pic related and a gas stove niggar. you're just assuming whatever the fuck you want
>>
>>7110325
>you're just assuming whatever the fuck you want

How am I "assuming" any more than you are? When I deep fry, or watch cooking/recipe videos of people deep frying on the stove it's pretty much always in a heavy cast iron dutch oven type pot.
Apparently you're assuming that everyone is deep frying in a skillet with the flames licking up the sides and the oil dripping over the edge or some shit.

But by all means, trust in Chinese knock-off electronics and thermostats in a bucket load of oil.
>>
>>7110399
so?
>>
>>7109835
Get off Altons dick faggot
>>
>>7110417
So? What do you mean; so? You're the one "calling me out" for assuming things.
I'm just saying.
>>
>>7110429
As if it's any less true because Alton said it.
>>
>>7110437
just saying dumb shit and making more assumptions
>>
>>7110445
Perhaps try to argue a point instead of just coming up with pointless messages and ad hominem?
>>
>>7110467
lol ok man you're obviously very smart
>>
>>7109810
Are all Europeans this stupid? Between this and the "WHAT IS HONEY MUSTARD MADE OF??" Swede, I'm starting to think so.
>>
>>7110501
Thank you, I appreciate the passive-aggressive insult. Though I see you still choose to -not- make any point or refute any of mine.
>>
>AMERICA FAT LOLOLOL HAMBURGER FAT
>Foreigners apparently all have scaled down, fast food deep fryers in their houses

Nigga.
>>
File: murica.jpg (227KB, 1122x1121px) Image search: [Google]
murica.jpg
227KB, 1122x1121px
Yea, we deep fry in a pan, and you know what? We. Fucking. Love. It. Where ever there is strife and pain in this world, America has stood for the subjugated man, and from this we have found, in areas of tyranny, they fry with pussy ass bitch deep fryers. They dont fry the American way. When a babe is born into this god fearing land, we placing his tiny hands into an oil frying pan, and we grow the calluses of a seasoned fryer of shit in pans. You want to know how we make fried chicken? We take the fucking chicken, and wrap it around our hands, shoving it, fist first, into a seething pot of oil, with none of that stupid basket shit! We make our onion rings by wrapping onions around your eleven inch dicks, and shoving that in oil to! And we are not harmed, for we know that we, as Americans, are impervious to all injuries that be flung our way! So take your shitty box, and leve our freedom alone. God Bless The U.S.A!
Thread posts: 39
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.