[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>diarrhea beans >stale rice >chicken enchiladas smothered

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 57
Thread images: 9

File: tex-mex.jpg (46KB, 550x412px) Image search: [Google]
tex-mex.jpg
46KB, 550x412px
>diarrhea beans
>stale rice
>chicken enchiladas smothered in queso blanco Velveeta
>imported beer that's worse than domestic and costs twice as much
>the chips and salsa leftover from the previous customer mixed in with the fresh stuff

Holy fuck I love Tex-Mex.
>>
>>7080089
That does look fucking delicious

Are you a fellow Texasbro?
>>
>>7080099
Arkansas, but I love Texas and visit often.
>>
File: betos.jpg (68KB, 590x590px) Image search: [Google]
betos.jpg
68KB, 590x590px
love that shit too, op.

here in salt lake city, i get my mexi slop from a place called beto's. it's been shut down by the board of health several times, but i can't resist going back.
>>
>>7080101
That's acceptable

Here in central Texas we have some really good Mexican food places that are run by actual mexicans so it's better than just tex mex
>>
Looks like average tex mex, and as a Texan its my biggest comfort food. You can never tell how good it is by looking at it though, it all looks the same. But every place has different tasting salsa, beans, enchilada sauce, etc. Even something so simple as cheese enchiladas taste different everywhere. Some are gooey, some are stringy, some are greasy, some are dry, some are wet, some are white, some yellow, all have a different sauce. The very best ones are topped with chili con carne.

I eat a ton of tex mex
>>
Tex-Mex is one of the things I miss most about living in Texas.
>>
i got hyped on tex-mex prior to visiting texas but im from chicago and there is actual mexican and the tex mex was shitty and it was like shit you could get at chilis or uncle julios
>>
>>7080137
Nobody wants your yankee ass down here to be honest m8
>>
>>7080171
thats fine don't really wanna go back
>>
>>7080089
>tiny dab of wilted lettuce and tomato on every plate
>tortillas served in a plastic holder that is never washed and the steam creates condensation so you end up getting cold water from the inside of said dirty holder all over your tortillas
>restaurant has the shittiest options other than tex-mex in case you got dragged along, like a shitty burger
>everything is made out of the same 3 ingredients

Love tex mex
>>
>dos equis with lime
>combo plate with shredded beef burrito
>soft chili relleno
>football game on projection tv
>the whole bar is pretty much empty

good stuff mang
>>
>>7080089
Maybe if you didn't go to Mamacitas you wouldn't have that problem. XX amber is legit.
>>
>>7080089
>tex-mex
that buzzword again!

Or is this a new tatic to appropiate mexican cuisine? cuz I don't see anything "texan" in that pic... 100% mexican
>>
>>7080376
Are you from Minnesota?
>>
>>7080381
northern México.

Debate me.
>>
>>7080388
None of that represents Mexico except the shitty beer.

Try harder.
>>
>>7080089
>the chips and salsa leftover from the previous customer mixed in with the fresh stuff
Fuck do they actually do this? I've always wondered if they threw them out or not.
>>
>>7080388
Tex-mex is a distinct cuisine. Of course there are commonalities with Norteno cuisine. It is a fusion of Northern Mexican, Southern American, and European immigrant (mainly Czech and German) cuisines.
>>
plate looks good op.
>>
File: verdes.jpg (3MB, 3648x2736px) Image search: [Google]
verdes.jpg
3MB, 3648x2736px
>>7080393
jajaja lol, ARE YOU SERIOUS?

just a quick example... enchiladas suizas or enchiladas verdes.
>>
>>7080388
I'm not going to debate you. I just want you to know how fucking stupid you sound right now, regardless if you're right or wrong. Somebody begging to argue on the internet is even more pathetic than a troll. God damn what a fucking loser
>>
>>7080089
Its shitty food. Pretty bland and with no soul
>>
>>7080410
So, you're proud of being the pioneer of the same diarrhea-esque shit that Texas is proud of??
>>
>>7080388
tex mex is shitty mexican food with too much cheese
>>
>>7080410
Looks good as fuck. Do they really eat that in Mexico? Looks Texas to me. I like both tex mex and Mexican but consider them to be independent from each other.
>>
>>7080425

build wall pedro
>>
>>7080112
Cockroaches and rays as sides? Rat head in burger from a fast food place in Mexico last week. Fucking health issues are gross
>>
>>7080410
But only good if cheese is real melted cheese. Bad quality cheese is so wrong
>>
>>7080427
of course, your question baffles me.
>>
>>7080423
I don't know if Texans are "proud" of tex mex, I've lived here forever. We do like it and eat it all the time but I've never seen anyone sperg over it. It's just the standard food, who doesn't like fajitas rice and beans. If you want to see a proud Texan go autismo ask one about BBQ brisket, chili, and whataburger.
>>
>>7080427
Enchiladas Suizas are eaten Mexico but without lettuce fake cream neither beans and rice. In other words only salsa and enchiladas with melted cheese on top
>>
>>7080441
I was asking if the Mexican was proud, not you.
>>
File: 7501020515299-500x500.jpg (44KB, 285x500px) Image search: [Google]
7501020515299-500x500.jpg
44KB, 285x500px
>>7080442
Stop.

cream and lettuce is common in enchiladas and tostadas, wtf are you talking about...
>>
>>7080202
Seriously, what is the point of the lettuce and tomato?
>>
>>7080453
But no in fuxking enchiladas suizas idiota. Solo te sirven las enchiladas suizas en salsa con queso derretido. Y queso y cebollas. Si en tostadas hay lechuga, pero no en las putas enchiladas
>>
>>7080453
Enchiladas con mole no necesitan crema pendejito. Acaso le pones lechuga a una enchilada? Debe ser en salsa, no encremada
>>
>>7080475
Just as fillings
>>
>>7080413
Bienvenidona 4chan
>>
>>7080475
Textures
>>
File: Kids-at-Computer-P5[1].jpg (61KB, 848x565px) Image search: [Google]
Kids-at-Computer-P5[1].jpg
61KB, 848x565px
>>7080423
>dude...DIARRHEA XD
>>
File: 348s.jpg (44KB, 348x348px) Image search: [Google]
348s.jpg
44KB, 348x348px
Texasfags Rosa's represent
>>
>>7080598
Those horrible fake nachos
>>
>>7080089
I would fucking kill that plate.

Good thing I fly back to Texas tomorrow.
>>
>>7080126
>as a Texan

How do you know if someone is from Texas? Don't worry, they'll tell you.
>>
File: Christof-Front.jpg (22KB, 200x429px) Image search: [Google]
Christof-Front.jpg
22KB, 200x429px
>>7080112
Cheddar instead of Monterey Jack. Blaspheme.
>>
>>7080137
>it was like shit you could get at chilis or uncle julios

When you looked around the place you ate did you see any Mexicans? Was the predominant language spoken in the restaurant Spanish? If not you did it wrong.
>>
Faggots don't you NEVER talk shit about tex mex to me
>>
>>7080171
Only texans want to be in texas desu
>>
>>7080475
It helps balance out the oiliness of the cheese and cream.
>>
>>7080693
>whole cooked jalapenos
mustardgas.png
>>
>>7080089
TexMex sucks. As does Norteno cooking.
>>
>>7080649
there's fucking spanish and mexicans in literally every restaurant in america
>>
>>7080089
>prepare any food
>add cumin
TexMex cooking in 2 lines.
>>
File: LunasTexMex.jpg (119KB, 750x1000px) Image search: [Google]
LunasTexMex.jpg
119KB, 750x1000px
Southern Houston tex-mex is GOAT.
>>
>>7080112
Other slcfag here, there's a place called hectors at 2901 3300s. It's considerably better than betos
>>
>>7082817

What you just said was retarded, even for a shitpost.

>ITT: Texans think tex mex has to do with them

It's just a nickname or term for Americanized Mexican food. Arizomex or Cali-mex or newmex-mex don't quite rhyme together as we as texmex does, you fucking ijjits.

Muh FLOUR TORTILLA
Thread posts: 57
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.