[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hi, /ck/. I can't into cooking. I found a recipe that says

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

File: garlic-cloves.jpg (19KB, 550x415px) Image search: [Google]
garlic-cloves.jpg
19KB, 550x415px
Hi, /ck/. I can't into cooking. I found a recipe that says I need two cloves of garlic, and I figure that means the entire clove. My mother comes along and tells me I need only two little pieces of one of the cloves, and that those pieces are called cloves. She knows more about cooking than I do, but that sounds like bullshit, so I wanted to make sure I was going to do this right when I finally tried.

tl:dr When a recipe calls for "cloves" of garlic, does it mean the entire cloves, or just the pieces of the clove that you can pull off?
>>
that's a head moran
>>
>>7056389
A clove is one of those yellow things in your picture. /thread.
>>
The entire package is a bulb of garlic. The individual pieces are the cloves.
>>
File: 1436745681330.jpg (44KB, 568x460px) Image search: [Google]
1436745681330.jpg
44KB, 568x460px
>>7056394
>>7056395
>>7056403
Thank you. I'm sorry for being a useless piece of shit.
>>
>falling for this stale pasta
lurkmoar newfriends
>>
>>7056410
I am literally stupid enough that I did not know the answer to this. I've cook eggs and brownies before, and that's about the extent of my knowledge.
>>
>>7056408
For future reference "a medium sized onion" is about the size of a billiard ball.
>>
>>7057027
Or the size of a fist.
>>
What annoyed me was the inexcusably stupid way you worded the question. You referred to both units as cloves, but asked which one you should use in recipes. "Does clove refer to the pieces you pull off the clove?" I can forgive having limited cooking experience, but you're just a faggot.
>>
>>7057039
>fists don't vary in size
They vary a huge amount.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.