[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Who here on /ck/ has a soft spot for delicious cured meats?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 6

File: Cacciatori.jpg (301KB, 1000x667px) Image search: [Google]
Cacciatori.jpg
301KB, 1000x667px
Who here on /ck/ has a soft spot for delicious cured meats?

Pic related is worth the stomach cancer tbqf
>>
File: abospepperoni.jpg (130KB, 800x598px) Image search: [Google]
abospepperoni.jpg
130KB, 800x598px
Of course.
>>
File: cancer.jpg (235KB, 640x383px) Image search: [Google]
cancer.jpg
235KB, 640x383px
Charcuterie for life here.

Nobody has yet to explain to me which ingredients, or chemical processes, are going to give me cancer by curing my meat.
>>
>>7054133
meat gives you cancer anyway fám didn't you hear
>>
>>7054135

So the idea is we keep discovering things that give us cancer and eventually we'll do nothing but lay in bed drinking soylent 500.0 with water, and living to 200?
>>
>>7054139
It's all a biproduct of anything related to cancer being an easy way to get funding for research. Get ready to start seeing the exact same thing but for dementia in the upcoming years.
>>
>>7054162

My grandma died of dementia, but only because she couldn't remember it was actually alzheimer's.
>>
>>7054133
>>7054135
>>7054139
>>7054162

I'm terminally ill anyways. Liver failing. Belly starting to bulge and can't wait for the 'when's it due?' jokes. I find the whole OH NOES CANCER MEAT! meme hilarious.

>My body should hold together at least long enough to watch at least one of the new Star Wars movies at least. :(
>>
>>7054135
No worries mate those are cured meats, so they don't have cancer
>>
File: theblood.jpg (42KB, 935x500px) Image search: [Google]
theblood.jpg
42KB, 935x500px
I find pastrami to be the most sensual of all the salted, cured meats.
>>
>>7054192

Have you actually been diagnosed?

I was full blown al/ck/ before it became a general, but I have constant pain and bloating (like, serious pain, almost all day every day), and am hopefully getting some health insurance soon so I can go in and see what the actual damage is.

After the prequels and the second Star Trek reboot (which I couldn't even finish) I have nothing to look forward to other than bad news.

In any case, this whole cancer meat scare is stupid as fuck.
>>
>>7054209
Yeah, seriously get that checked out.

Mine started out as diagnosed NAFLD and after a bad breakup I started drinking every god damned night on top of it for reasons that seemed like a good idea at the time.

Bitches and whores, man.
>>
>>7054238

Well shit.

I had a gf in ivy league grad school stopping me from over drinking.

Then she broke up with me out of nowhere, for reasons I wont bother going into (it wasn't even alcohol related).

Now I'm drinking like fuck (and it's been a couple of years), but it's all liquor's fault - even though I still blame the ex.
>>
That one won't give you stomach cancer. It's not cured with nitrate/trite. It's just salt.

>>7054133
Nitrates/nitrites. Salt-cured meats are no worse for you than regular meats.
>>
>>7054238
>>7054254
I'm literally in a hospital right now on a detox program for alcohol. It sucks but I hope it'llbe worth it.
>>
>>7054192
sorry to hear that senpai
I'll enjoy Half-Life 3 for you
>>
>>7054194
I hate myself for laughing at this.
>>
File: file.png (216KB, 330x315px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
216KB, 330x315px
>>7055009
>>
>>7054133
abundance of nitrates, theyre in anything preserved by cure or pickle.
>>
>>7054196
are you some kind of jew?
>>
Iv'e spent enough time in the industry that the only thing I'd really want to invest my time and money into would be a small scale charcuterie place.

There's no way in hell this cancer scare is going to affect the high end cured meat business.
>>
If cured meat is so bad for you why are Italians so healthy?
>>
>>7055575
If a FFVII remake can happen anything is possible
>>
>>7057333

Italians are healthy for the same reason Japanese people are.

It has nothing to do with diet and everything to do with spending half the day walking everywhere and only a few hours of the day feeling like you live in a first world country.
>>
>>7057346
and also portion size, spacing of meals, lack of 'snacking' in their cultures, etc.
>>
>>7054124
that's what you'd say until you actually got cancer, anyway
>>
File: 1311681525524.jpg (142KB, 442x640px) Image search: [Google]
1311681525524.jpg
142KB, 442x640px
>>7054124
this thread is NOT work safe. hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnggg
>>
>>7054124
hell yes motherfucker
though i dislike cured meats that are too fatty, to the point where its like 40% fat to 60% meat and its all soft
i like my cured meat to have some chew to it
>>
>>7057661
>lack of snacking
>japanese
.......i have no words.
>>
>>7057326
Nitrates are also in high concentration in celery. Does that give you stomach cancer too, senpai? Or do nitrates only give you cancer in meats?
>>
>>7054135
Everything gives you cancer. Stay outside or inside with bad luck for a bit too long and you get cancer.
Thread posts: 31
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.