[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Bump if you wanted to choke a customer on their own lower intestine

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 147
Thread images: 9

File: chef rage.jpg (8KB, 275x183px) Image search: [Google]
chef rage.jpg
8KB, 275x183px
Bump if you wanted to choke a customer on their own lower intestine tonight!

Arsehole table wanted 5 well-done steaks 10 mins after closing time. Manager was around and she's a cunt, so I couldn't say no.

FFFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUU
>>
Can you imagine? Doing the job you're paid to do

The horror, the horror
>>
File: image.jpg (21KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
21KB, 300x300px
>>7043112
You dumb fuck, it was 10 minutes after closing. Not knowing how to read. The horror.
>>
>>7043089
That's your management's fault for not saying no or locking the door at closing, not the retards that came in
>>
Hooray overtime!
>>
>>7043137

That's not how overtime works...
>>
>>7043140
>get scheduled 40 hours.
>late table makes cleaning run overtime.
>get 41 hours logged for week.
>>
>well done
>>
File: dumbass.jpg (11KB, 105x155px) Image search: [Google]
dumbass.jpg
11KB, 105x155px
>>7043147
>implying employers actually pay overtime
>>
>>7043147

The only time I've seen a line cook scheduled for a full 40 hours was when we'd just lost three people in the same week and the managers had no choice.
>>
>>7043120

Well I understand what 'manager' means. That's the person who makes decisions on running the restaurant, ie your boss. Your job is to do yours, ie obey your boss, which you're having an impotent whinge about on the Internet.

Do your job fag, if you can't hack it fuck off.
>>
>>7044278
>unpaid overtime is part of a job
>>
>>7043089
microwave em
>>
>>7044278

Typically the manager is the one who has no clue what's going on in the kitchen and schmoozes with the customers, before coming back to the line to order himself something off the menu and not realize the cooks aren't going to treat him the same way as customers when he puts on a fake smile.

>hurr durr just do your job

Restaurant managers are so often clueless about the BoH that they're almost useless in the kitchen, and are most often despised by the people actually keeping tabs on the day to day and running shit.
>>
>>7044337
Kinda this. A good manager can at least make a salad or something. Most of them are more skilled with people than with making things with their hands.
>>
>>7044278
Holy shit you're a psychopath.
>>
>>7044288
correct

>>7044392
welcome to the hospitality industry
>>
>>7043089
Go work fast food, or find another shitty pub job if that's your mentality.

>>7043156
If that's how they want to enjoy their meal, that's their call not yours.

>>7043137
>implying overtime

>>7043162
Try working somewhere that's not a shithole; most cookies are salaried, and give up at least 40 hours per week.

>>7044288
It is, deal with it.

>>7044337
Again, try not working in a shithole.
>>
>>7043129
this
>>
>>7044647

>most cookies are salaried
>>
REEEEEEEEE, Crazy Hawaiian chick!
>>
Managers fill out TPS reports.
>>
File: KonaKalani18.jpg (93KB, 600x800px) Image search: [Google]
KonaKalani18.jpg
93KB, 600x800px
>>7044688
>>
>>7044662
That's why their suckers. Don't go salary unless you have in stake in the company. Hourly is a lot better in most cases, that way the directors and managers know what I'm doing and for how long and I can bill for it. They're billing so why the fuck shouldn't I?
>>
Funny thing is that I generally make more than managers and directors, it doesn't take much skill to full out reports or give approvals and shit. Writing takes some skill. At least that what I get told.
>>
>>7044698
This helps my boner.
>>
>>7044720
Woodies are gud!
>>
>>7044702

Salary often makes more money than hourly.

More often people take salaried jobs without knowing how much work and responsibility is involved, so they end up working more for less.

Yeah, most BoH jobs are much better working hourly, but getting a salaried job you know you can handle and that keeps you (mostly) off the line is pretty much the only step up.
>>
>>7044723
It really depends on the specific contract. If you're working 80 hours a week for some shit then what your take home pay needs to be divided that way. I've been there done that.

I find that doing it hourly is much better, but that's me, I can't and wont put that on anyone else.
>>
>>7043089
Don't like how the manager runs things? Find employment elsewhere. Simple as that. A table of 5 steaks is a lot of money not counting the drinks they ordered or will order. It's not like the customers are eating for free.
>>
>>7044723
We're also talking different types of jobs, mine are BoH, in coding and shit, not cooking. There's back of house and front of house stuff too in that, even banks. It's best to be back of house so as not to have to deal with the general public.

Cheers
General Public - Tenderness (Video 01) (1984) [HQ] RARE..!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0yP00bRtK7k
>>
>>7044731

>it's best to be back of house so as not to have to deal with the general public

I think everyone here will agree with that.
>>
>>7044729
There's an alternative ya know, get the stupid manager fired and get another one.
>>
>>7044744
I've actually done that. Some bitch manager was taking credit for my work so when she was asked to explain it I wouldn't answer. She got fired pretty fast. Indian chicks really suck at everything.
>>
It's never wise to report to an indian let alone an indian female.
They're stupider than a box of rocks.
>>
>>7044746
They have a lot of degrees but they're useless. That's why one reports at a lot higher level then some retard manager.
>>
>>7044720
I've got a pic of her attacking a watermelon but can't find it right now. I've looked.
>>
Strawburrys!
>>
>>7043089

There's how it works:

A fair amount of paying customers come in and are buying steaks, usually a pretty pricey item. The manager is tired, but realises (unlike you) that their principal job is satisfying the needs of their customers. This is due to something called 'professionalism'.

Now let's do a hypothetical on what happens if you get your way:

A fair amount of paying customers arrive and are after steaks. The floor manager, taking into consideration the feelings of the kitchen staff for the first time in the history of society, decides to brusquely inform them that the restaurant is closed despite it looking remarkably open. The customers complain, as they always do, but the manager is adamant that snowflake out in the kitchen must have his way.

The customer is upset, he's friends of friends with the owner and the place came greatly recommended as a place where he could get steaks just how he likes them. He's been made to look like an idiot in front of his associates. He goes home and sends an email to the owner angrily explaining what happened and how his reputation has been damaged by this arrogant 'waiter'.

The next day the owner storms in raising hell, demanding to know why the fuck his staff seem hellbent on destroying his business. Before being fired, the manager explains that he behaved like that because he thought the kitchen was too tired to cook five steaks. He then fires you.
>>
>>7044917
You're bat shit insane.
Are you a female?
>>
>>7043112
It's not closing if there are customers. Lock the doors if the place is closed. Also, quit being a little bitch
>>
>>7044924

Hypothetical isn't a word i just made up, it's something that could possibly happen. This isn't beyond the believable, I'm pointing out that the manager's responsibility is to the customers and to the owners. Not to some bad tempered bitch in the kitchen.

And if you think people wouldn't send an email over shit like that you're incredibly naive, though these days I would be over Facebook for everyone to see.
>>
>>7043089
Why do good service people always bitchbso much about their jobs? They came in before closing time right? The posted closing time of a restaurant is the latest time you can COME IN, not the latest time you can be there. If you didn't want to be serving people that late, then close earlier
>>
>>7044917
Here's what actually happen:
>Customers see a "closed" sign on the door.
>They ask the staff inside who happen to be a manager to make sure that they are closed.
>The manager being a professional and responsible staff politely inform them that they already closed.
>Customers walk away and eating out in another place that can serve them a proper service at that hour.
>Everyone is satisfied and not a single problem happened.
>>
File: 1436661943784.jpg (16KB, 240x237px) Image search: [Google]
1436661943784.jpg
16KB, 240x237px
>>7045015
looks like someone has never been in the customer service industry

it can happen sometimes but don't take a bet that they're not going to complain

(the situation being the clock is 10 minutes from closing and the sign is already set or they're denied a certain service within 10 minutes of closing)
>>
>>7045015
>See closed sign
>Ask if they are closed

There are people this fucking stupid in the world
>>
>>7045168
Customer service 'professional' here, and yes, yes they are.

At my store, the sign can be off, lights off, the doors closed and locked, and the steel gate shut behind them, and people will stil drive up, park, then rattle the door, knock, and try to get my attention as I do my final clean to ask me 'are you closed?'.

There is a reason every single sales person wants to kill people.
>>
>>7045495
Sounds like drunk British hooligans.
>>
>>7044942
>Dumb fuck sees a "closed" sign
>Dumb fuck sees staff cleaning up
>Dumb fuck decides to come in anyways
>Dumbass manager decides to let them
>Dumb fuck orders 5 fucking steaks after closing
>Dumbass manager decides to go through with this, even though the staff was just busy with cleanup
>Staff has to get everything back together and get cooking again for these dumb cunts

Also,
>Implying random cunts off the street have more than a .01% chance of knowing the owner
>Implying the owner will give a flying fuck if some dumb piece of shit wants to come in after closing
The owner set that as the closing time for a reason.

Let me guess, you're one of those cunts that likes to go into places after closing time "just to see" if they're still open and try to order shit. I'm not even a restaurant employee and I know you're a complete cunt.

>The manager is tired, but realises (unlike you) that their principal job is satisfying the needs of their customers.
It's 10 minutes after closing, they're no longer customers, they're illiterate bums. If it were at closing time or maybe 3 minutes after closing then it would be understandable, but you shouldn't even bother going up to a restaurant if it's more than 5 minutes after closing because making people stop the cleanup and reset to cook you something is just cunty.

When you leave your basement and see your mom doing the dishes, do you expect her to cook you dinner right then and there?
>>
>>7045072
Are you, by chance, living in Wales, New York, or Chicago?

Because only people from those places are so entitled as to think that not being allowed in after hours warrants complaint.
>>
File: retarded.jpg (61KB, 761x264px) Image search: [Google]
retarded.jpg
61KB, 761x264px
>>7044970
>10 mins after closing time
>They came in before closing time right?
Are you for real?
>>
>>7045827
I'm in Canada, sad to say, and only a small number of the retards that knock are (obviously) drunk.
>>
>>7044647
>salaried
They still have to pay you overtime even if you are salaried.
>>
>>7044702
>>7044723
Salaried people still make overtime, unless exempt. Generally only skilled labor and managers are exempt.
>>
>>7046094
Yeah... This is a great fantasy, but I have seen the opposite occur far too often.
>>
>>7045903
>I'm not even a restaurant employee

then you have no idea what you're talking about. Good, you owned up, that's commendable.

For the record I worked in restaurants for 14 years, I treat all service staff with the utmost respect.

>Implying random cunts off the street have more than a .01% chance of knowing the owner

a chance you shouldn't be betting on. You treat people as if they were, regardless.

>Implying the owner will give a flying fuck if some dumb piece of shit wants to come in after closing

Implying the owner cares about anything but money, and customers = money. The owners would be pissed off you turned ANYONE away.

>When you leave your basement and see your mom doing the dishes?

You're projecting hard here kiddo, I can guarantee from your tone and general lack of knowledge of the professional world and how people react to situations that I am much older than you, by at least a decade. Stay angry though, perhaps seek an education.
>>
>>7046056
They ORDERED 10 mins after closing time. At decent restaurants, I usually wait close to a half hour to order after I sit down and get some drinks

Did I trigger you?
>>
>>7046094
>Salaried people still make overtime, unless exempt.
The whole point of salary is to make employees exempt from overtime you fucking faggot
>>
>>7047317
>The whole point of salary is to make employees exempt from overtime you fucking faggot
This is incorrect
>http://www.dol.gov/whd/regs/compliance/whdfs23.pdf
Earnings may be determined on a piece-rate, SALARY, commission, or some other basis,
but in all such cases the overtime pay due must be computed on the basis of the average hourly rate derived from such earnings.
>http://www.dol.gov/whd/overtime/fs17g_salary.htm
o qualify for exemption, employees generally must meet certain tests regarding their job duties AND be paid on a salary basis at not less than $455 per week.

Additional point. If you are salary, and you get pay deducted for working less than 40 hours, you are not actually salary.
>>
>>7047350
Whoops, should probably explain that for
>>7047317
because he seems a bit thick

The first link shows that salaried employees do indeed qualify for overtime.

The second link shows that in addition to being salaried, to be exempt from overtime an employee needs to meet certain job duty requirements. These requirements involve things such as hiring/firing employees, making schedules, and other management functions. Additionally certain "professional" careers lines such as doctors, lawyers, and teachers, are exempt from overtime.
>>
File: KK-Watermelon_Attack.jpg (222KB, 1200x800px) Image search: [Google]
KK-Watermelon_Attack.jpg
222KB, 1200x800px
>>7043089
Finally found it
>>
>>7047376
I would pay good money to lick her butt crack
>>
>>7047383
You're not the only one
>>
>>7047383
>>7047398
Thirded
>>
>>7046091
No they don't. Salary is based on working for a certain period of time, like a month for instance, the number of hours isn't consequntial in that.
>>
>>7046094
Guess I'm exempt, I've never heard of making extra money if salaried, unless you get a crappy bonus at the end of the year,
>>
>>7044917
Lmao. How about you check when the fucking restaurant is open before you go there you entitled cunt. It's literally 5 seconds to Google the name of the place to avoid the embarrassment. Which is your fault, no matter how you spin it
>>
>manager makes tips
>cook is salaried
>big table comes in after close
>manager makes the "selfless" call to make more money that night at the expense of someone who has already completed their obligation
>trolls on 4chan agree with the manager's/customers' actions
>psychopaths/children agree with the trolls
>simple minds are triggered
>/ck/ thread descends into name-calling

only thing missing is people calling each other flyover
>>
>>7047450
It's better to call them up and ask instead of coming across like a moron.
Fuck google, they're not going to have the hours right, the only way to get it 100% accurate is to speak with the actuals.
>>
>>7047461
>chef has some balls and leaves when his shift is done, 'nuff said, idiot manager has to find new chef for being a cunt.

Unless the chef and other back orifice people have a stake in the restraunt fuck it, they have no reason to be there beyond their designated hours.
>>
>>7047461

Being correct isn't "trolling"
>>
File: The-Power-of-Laughter.jpg (51KB, 708x404px) Image search: [Google]
The-Power-of-Laughter.jpg
51KB, 708x404px
>>7043089

Shut up and do your fucking job or go work at fast food joint you self-important peon. Guess you should have gone to college!
>>
>>7047473
This is the attitude 14 year old boys have.
>>
>>7047473
You obviously have no clue how a professional kitchen works. Of course the chef stays for several hours after closing. They have to help with cleaning and do paperwork to get the place ready for service the next day. You can't just "leave" at whatever your schedule says when there's still work to be done
>>
>>7047485
Not at all, that's attitude of a proper adult. It shows a lack of planning on the management side if they expect me to stick around longer than my designated hours.
>>
>>7047485
It shows them to be shit managers.
>>
>>7047487
We can agree to disagree, sticking around when I have other plans is bullshit and I wont do it unless it's an emergency.

You come across as the wannabe child when others around you are making money and you're getting fucked in the ass. Again, if you had a personal stake in the place that's one thing, otherwise, fuck it, it's a job.
>>
>>7047461
It's illegal for managers to accept tips. or something liek that.
>>
>>7047487
That's the point of not being on salary.
>>
>>7047515

If you had spent even a single shift in a restaurant, you'd know how silly you sound. There is no guarantee of a set finishing time. Ever. If you need one you'd be planning with the manager at least a week in advance. Ask for too many and you'd be out on your arse.

>>7047524

It's also illegal for them to take cocaine and fuck underage waitresses, but you know.
>>
>>7047528
If you'd spent anytime working for a real company in NYC then you'd understand what I'm talking about. You don't take shit from assholes, especially when you have no personal stake in it.
>>
>>7047440
>Guess I'm exempt
Or the victim of wage theft. the DOL has a online questionnaire to see if you are exempt or not.
>>
>>7047528
I want to be a manager now
>>
>>7043112

100% this.
>>
>>7047542
I don't consider what I make to be wage theft, and I sort it out by contract. Either I agree or not, if not then I don't accept the deal, if I do agree then it can't be theft.
>>
>>7044392

lol. Nothing the OP said is wrong, in any way. If being a crybaby about your job on the internet helps you, then great, but while you're on clock just do your fuckin job.
>>
>>7047538

Christ, is this the extent of your imagination? That's the best life you can make up to try and impress people on the Internet?

Smart technology is rotting the brains of the youth.
>>
>>7047544
Why? People that can actually get shit done generally get paid more than managers and directors.
>>
>>7044278

100% this
>>
>>7047548
You know your job better than me.
>>
>>7047552
You didn't make a point. Please try next time and I'll give you a proper response.
Extent of what?
>>
>>7047554
>cocaine
>underaged waitresses
>>
>>7047552
So I should make nothing or work for free when other people around me are making money? I have to pay bills fagboi and "smart technology" exists people people like me can write code without stinking indians around or at least correct their bullshit which is worth even more money. Plus folk like me don't have criminal records which means a fuck lot to companies.
>>
>>7044744

because the next manager is going to be nothing like the previous one. If you're under management, do your fucking job better and take their place, fuck your petty 'complaint procedure' bullshit, you fucking drama whore. Don't find a replacement for their job, fucking take their job.
>>
>>7047563
interns
HA
HA
HA
>>
>>7044746

you must be so proud
>>
>>7047515
>otherwise, fuck it, it's a job.
Yeah, a job that you could get fired from.if you don't pull your weight. What if you just leave at 11pm because that was your schedule when the rest of your crew has to stick around for another hour to get the place ready for the next day's service? You're coworkers will hate you.

>>7047527
No it's not. If you were on salary you'd work 60 hours a week but only paid for 40 of them. If you were hourly you'd work 50 hours and get paid overtime for 20 of those. Being hourly doesn't mean you have definite, set working hours. Anyone who has worked a real job knows that sometimes they have to come in early, stay late, or work days they weren't scheduled for, whether you are hourly or salary
>>
>>7044917

100% this.

Restaurant doesn't have a closed sign? You're OPEN motherfuckers! Get your shit together because you're serving tonight! Don't like it? Find another fucking job.
>>
>>7044924

lol are you literally 16/new to hospitality?

Good luck m8y
>>
>>7047573
no no no. I don't want to be a manager, never have wanted to either. I make more as a writer.
>>
>>7047575
Other people tell me I'm good at what I do and pay me to do it. It doesn't make me proud or not, but it is what it is.
>>
>>7047569

holy shit, I'm imaging you just watched Mr Robot, got inspired and found code academy and just got through babby's first if statement.

Reminder that we're talking about the hospitality industry, and that you are 16 MAX.

Adult don't go into immediate damage control like this.
>>
>>7047581
Right, if I don't pull my own weight and can't right I wouldn't get hired in the first place, we're properly vetted. But yeah so what? If I fucked up and couldn't write, I'd get fired, that's never happened and I suspect never will.

What's your point?

As for your salary note, no shit shirlock, that's why I like being paid hourly. The other advantage of being paid hourly is that I can take time off if I want to, if I'm not working then I'm not being paid and don't expect to be paid. If I want to take a day and fuck off in Central Park with a girlfriend then so be it.

As long as there no meetings and nothing is due and it's just project level coding then no biggie.
>>
>>7047495

Have you actually ever worked in the industry ever in your life ever before ever?

You've got the attitude of either a 16yo or a fucking mongoloid.
>>
>>7047589
Naw, I leave that to my brother who went on from a bartender to be a f&b director at some of the largest hiltons on the east coast, I never wanted that for myself after seeing how uptight he became doing that kind of job.
>>
>>7047601
Oh and you'd know, have you ever worked in a professional environment?
I suspect that you haven't with that kind of response.
>>
>>7047590

Well then I am happy for you anon, glad you're making money. May your life be easy and your bank account be fucking massive.
>>
>>7047606
Aerospace is more fun, lmco, look it up faggit.
>>
>>7047622
Thanks, I hope the same for you, we should all make some decent money.
>>
>>7047622
There's no reason to have a socialist guilt trip if making some money. That's the lie that talking head socialist faggets want other's to believe while their selling their books and mugs and shit.
>>
>>7047461
literally flyover tbqfh
>>
>>7047581
>work 60 hours
>only paid for 40

Only if you are exempt. If you are not exempt they have to pay you overtime for time spent over 40 hours.
>>
>>7047637
Dunno what kind of weirdo's you work for but I put in my hours sometimes on two systems one the mainframe the other a local system and sometimes have to break the hours down by budget code but fuck it, it's bloody accurate. If I put in for 60, I get paid for 60, I like sticking to 35 or 40 though. Depends on the contract but sometimes shit happens and it goes up quick especially if there's regulatory shit invlolved. Like the government decides there needs to be some new regulation so we have to code for it.

Medical crap is the worst since they never seem to get their regulations right and there are so many agencies with overlapping authority that it becomes fucking annoying. You go through these fucking government documents, it's not fun I tell ya!
>>
>>7047649
>contract
Then you aren't an employee? you are a contractor?

Labor laws including overtime pay do not apply to contractors
>>
The worst is banking shit when some fucking indian is writing the specs for a program, that shit, they never and I do mean NEVER get right. Try writing some code from some crappy shit spec written by a fucking fagget indian and tell me that I don't deserve to get paid properly.
FUCK YOU!
>>
>>7047632

I literally don't understand what you've written.
>>
>>7047658
Contracted to consult but I make sure that I report directly to whatever company it might be. That gives me a wide latitude of what I can do.
>>
>>7047613

yes, I forget professionals use terms like 'faggboi' and 'stinking indians', keep it up though kid, reach for the stars.
>>
>>7047662
That's why you're making minimum wage.
>>
>>7047624

>working in Aerospace
>time to comment on hospitality industry threads on 4chan

enjoy puberty though, m8
>>
>>7047666
Satan trips don't lie, you must know more than I.
>>
File: buttholio-Beavis_Butthead.jpg (51KB, 445x559px) Image search: [Google]
buttholio-Beavis_Butthead.jpg
51KB, 445x559px
>>7047675
Why not, it's fun, everyone else does.
>>
>>7047669

>That's the lie that talking head socialist faggets want other's to believe while their selling their books and mugs and shit.
>an adult wrote this

ok
>>
>>7047686
I'm not a child that believes in socialism. Never did and never will, it's full of shit, perhaps like you?
>>
>>7047690

Assuming you're the same OP throughout, how is wishing a random anon a "massive bank account" socialist? I think you replied to the wrong anon m8.
>>
I complain about it but I still accommodate to fake allergies. Things I've been told over the years:
>mushrooms
>ginger
>capsaicin (the stuff that makes peppers hot)
>onions
>MSG (deathly allergic to)
>any sort of tropical fruit
>>
>>7047706

worth accommodating than facing any repercussions desu
>>
>>7047703
I think replied to the wrong one, I said that I wished that we all had big bank accounts.
>>
>>7047309

>things that never happened

At decent restaurants they will only offer you the bar menu if you come in near to close, or inform you that the kitchen is closing, and if you want to order off the regular menu you need to do it now.
>>
>>7047714

Maybes my fault...

Hope you're still making massive bills though
>>
>>7047461

The manager doesn't make tips, and the cook isn't salaried.
>>
>>7047473

The chef doesn't have "designated hours". He works as much as he needs to (if he's going to make it he works more than anyone else).

Chef's usually don't stick around past after the dinner rush is over. A few cooks will shut down the kitchen, a few FoH people will clear that area out, the bartenders will get drunk and smoke up while breaking down the bar, and the last people out are typically the dishwasher and whoever is floor manager that night.
>>
>>7043112

I've gone to school, make good money, but have also worked the line to get where I am.

Anytime someone acts like they make 4 times the amount someone in a kitchen makes because they just worked harder, or put in more effort,I want to punch them in the face.

You have no idea what you're talking about.
>>
>>7047706
I read about a woman allergic to lavender. Can't go out into public because so many shampoos and perfumes use lavender scents.

I figure, if you can be allergic to lavender, you can be allergic to anything. That being said, yeah they were probably all fake allergies. dipshits gonna dipshit.
>>
>>7047765
>http://www.cracked.com/article_22436_i-am-deathly-allergic-to-worlds-most-popular-smell.html
>When I was a teacher, one student sprayed perfume in class and watched my tongue swell up. As I started to choke and was carted away, she of course apologized tearfully and profusely. Just kidding, she did it again. And again. That's actually a felony assault, but to kids, it's just a wacky prank.

sounds fun
>>
why would anyone order well-done steaks?
>>
>>7044400
yes sir mr manager sir enjoy your slashed tires and bricked windows, I know where you fucking live
>>
>>7049050
They need something to sop up all the A-1 sauce.
>>
>>7043089
So if you don't work for free you can get in trouble? What a horrible industry.
>>
>>7044942
>the manager's responsibility is to the customers and to the owners, not kitchen staff
this is a poisonous attitude.

the manager's job is to ensure harmony between the people making the product (cooks) people serving the product (FoH staff) Owners, and customers, such that business can happen.

his responsibility is to all of them. neglecting one in favor of the other causes problems.

if a manager constantly abuses his staff to cater to customers, eventually the staff will snap and the business will run aground.
>>
>>7043089
>5 well-done steaks
Must have been niggers. Self respecting white folk don't eat burnt shoe leather.
>>
>>7049091
And then those staff members get fired and replaced, because it's the fucking service industry and everyone is extremely easily replaceable.

The manager's duty is to the business. Period. That generally means putting the interests of the customers over the staff. Deal with it or go find a different job.
>>
>>7049091

That's an admirable goal, but impossible. The kitchen will always be staffed with grumpy fucks with synchronised peroids, the floor staff will be as lazy as they can possibly get away with, to the owner no amount of financial success will ever be enough, and customers will always find something to complain about. There will never be harmony.

>this is a poisonous attitude.

It's a poisonous job and the goal is to bring in more money than is out going, your allegiance is to the people who are putting money into the business, the customers, and to the people who pay you, the owners.

When I was working floor, I heard the same thing from the manager in about 6 different restaurants:

>now if ever you're having trouble with a customer or any abuse, just tell me and I'll sort it out.

This is a-grade bullshit, as a waiter you are the lowest of the low, management will never take your side. Ever. You are a servile sponge for abuse in the eyes of everyone no matter how polite, handsome and obsequious you are.
>>
>>7049095
Except flyovers
>>
>>7050518
By snap I mean walk out. Shit does happen and if a few people dip the business bleeds
>>
>>7043089
>people, who we all know are already stupid, did a thing I dont like
What are you, five? Shut the fuck up.
>>
>>7047271
Customers only equate to money if there's enough of them to counterbalance labor costs, which five steaks keeping a manager, server, cook, and whoever else has sidework that they held up for however long is really pushing it. Closing times aren't set arbitrarily, they're set based on predicted sales so that you don't bleed labor cost on one table of cunts that wants to nurse ice water and send a steak back because it wasn't burnt enough for them all night in an otherwise empty restaurant.
Thread posts: 147
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.