[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>you just move into a new house >nothing in the fridge

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 2

File: 1446379827892[1].gif (2MB, 330x270px) Image search: [Google]
1446379827892[1].gif
2MB, 330x270px
>you just move into a new house
>nothing in the fridge or cabinets
What do you get on your first trip to the store?
>>
>>7033641
Eggs, nonstick pan for eggs, pot, bacon, bread, pb/jam, milk.

This will last me long enough to make a proper grocery list without starving.
>>
>>7033720

strange

I also lived on eggs when I first moved into my apartment
>>
>>7033728
not too strange, almost everyone i know has eggs in their diet and they're easy and cheap enough to live off of at first
>>
Potatoes, onions, garlic, black pepper, eggs, bread and leeks.
Should be able to make a decent amount of food with those
>>
Three gallons of milk, eggs, ground beef, potatoes, and onions.
>>
>>7033641
I assume you have all the cookware required and essentials like parchment paper, cling wrap, tinfoil etc.
1) Table, Kosher, Sea and Finishing salt.
2) Black Pepper, Paprika, Cayenne, Cumin, Oregano, Cinnamon, Curry, Garlic & Onion powders.
3) White, Balsamic and Rice vinegars.
4) Canola or Veg oil and a nice EVOO.
5) Light and Dark Soy Sauce, Hot Sauce, Chili Paste, Mustard, Ketchup, Mayo and Worcestershire
6) Flour, White and Brown Sugar, Honey, Baking Soda, Yeast, Baking Powder, Chocolate and Corn Starch.
7) Toast Bread, Baguette, Pasta, Rice, Crackers and Bread Crumbs.
8) Whole Chicken, Ground Beef and Pork Tenderloins.
9) Celery, Carrots, Onions (Cooking, Red and Spanish), Potatoes, Tomatoes, Garlic, Ginger, Shallots, Boston Lettuce, Bell Peppers, Cucumber, Radish, Cabbage, Fennel, Zucchini, Flat Leaf Parsley, and Cilantro.
10) Apples, Oranges, Bananas, Grapefruit, Pear, Mango, Lemon, Limes and Grapes.
11) Canned Tomatoes, Beans, Chickpeas and Pineapple.
12) Tinned Tuna, Anchovies and Sardines.
13) Pickled Stuff -> Olives, Mixed Vegetables, Sauerkraut, Cocktail Onions, Beets, Banana Peppers.
14) Milk, Yogurt, Eggs, Brick of Parm, Sharp Cheddar and Mozzarella.
15) Frozen Stuff -> Peas, Pizza, Hash browns, Mixed Fruit, Sardines and some Jamaican Patties
16) Instant Ramen, Kettle Chips, Granola Bars, Popcorn, Cookies, Mixed Nuts and discounted mixed Halloween candy.
17) Coffee Beans, Various Teas, Carbonated Water, Orange Juice, Ginger Ale, Tonic Water and Coca Cola.
18) Red Wine, White Wine, Case of Beer, Gin, Vodka, Rum, Rye, Bourbon, Single Malt, Sweet/Dry Vermouth, Sherry and Bitters.

Stop and pick a pizza on the way home because you’re too tired to cook.
>>
Cans of chilli, Rice, Ooatmeal, milk, bread, canned tuna, mayonaise, butter
>>
When we first moved in for college, we got hotpockets, pbj, eggs, milk, and rice.
>>
>>7034085
Get outta here richfag
>>
>>7033641
Everything to make gumbo.
>>
Flour, eggs, milk, sugar, salt, cheese, ham, onions, tomato, garlic, ginger, chicken, yeast, bananas, cooking wine, rice, beans, lentils, and soy sauce.

With these things you can make just about anything sweet or salty to satisfy hunger.
>>
>>7034085
/thread
>>
case of beer, 5 grams of blow, a hooker and a big screen tv. Maybe some microwave dinners and a microwave if you don't have one.
>>
>>7034085
i moved in a flat, 2 weeks ago. I ate pizza, and grilled chicken all the time

until now
>>
>>7033641
>What do you get on your first trip to the store?
Depressed.
>>
I moved in 4 weeks ago
Im used to cook with a gas stove
now I have an electro one

its really annoying

I didnt cook much yet...
>>
assuming absolutely nothing, and limited trunk space it would take about two trips

-spices
-breads
-condiments
-ground/cut meat
-frozen veggies
-cheese
-frozen potatos
-oil

second trip:
-flour
-sugar
-coffee
-more spices
-noodles
-more veggies
-specialty items
-your mother
>>
>>7034148
Aside from the EVOO and booze there's really nothing in the list that is expensive or indulgent.
>>
>>7035222
That stuff isn't expensive at all like you said, except the alcohol and EVOO. Depending on the size of the other oils it could be like what $10 for a gallon or something of it? Spices are sometimes pricier like maybe $4 per container or a little more or less. I'd say it's a pretty complete list for getting just a start on things except I would personally add in some zucchini and squashes right now and probably skip the light and dark soy sauce and just get one kind. With just one person though, all those fruits may sit too long if they aren't use to eating them a lot and just go bad which would be a waste. Really can't make a good list without knowing what OP likes and doesn't like, I suppose. But that's the best effort in a long time.
>>
>>7034085

>3 different salts for just moving in
>>
>>7035264
there are 4 salts
>>
Herbs and spices:
>Salt
>Pepper
>Thyme
>Chicken seasoning mix
>Paprika
>Curry powder
>Fresh basil
>Fresh parsly

Pots and pans
>Sauce pan
>Skillet
>Grill pan
>Regular pots

Equipment
>Chef's knife

Misc
>Clips for opened bags
>Ziplock bags
>>
>>7033641
Muscovado, Brown Sugar, Salt, Peppers, Chilis, Marjoram, Oregano, Cumin, Chili mix, Curry mix, Cinnamon, Cayenne pepper, Paprika.

Extra Virgin Olive Oil, Peanut Oil, Canola Oil, Sesame Oil

Yogurt, Cheddar Cheese(likely processed)

Potatoes, Rice, Garlic, Onions, Beans

Bananas, Apples or whatever cheap fruit is in season

Corned Beef, Spam, Frozen Pangasius, cheap ground beef, cheap ground pork

Try to wrangle some cheap or free cow/pig feet, tail, bones if any
>>
>>7033641
a cupboard cat.
>>
I actually just moved into a new apartment Saturday and went grocery shopping yesterday. Here's what I got:

>milk
>bread
>eggs
>salt and pepper
>honey
>sugar
>peanut butter
>jam
>chicken breast w/rib meat
>ground beef
>onions
>apples
>bananas
>three cans of soup
>two bags of ramen
>rice
>beans
>olive oil
>bag of potatoes
>kale
>broccoli
>carrots
>lemons
I have pans and pots and knives but I forgot bowls and plates. I have one fork and no spoons. Oops lel
>>
>>7035371
Oh and
>sharp cheddar cheese
>>
>>7033641
cast iron and lard
>>
Mushrooms, cabbage, red chili peppers, leeks, green onion, cauliflower, eggs, red crushed chili pepper, sesame oil, soy sauce, fish sauce, salt, pepper, noodles, garlic, ginger, frozen mixed vegetables, pork, tofu, whole chicken, flour, potatoes
>>
>>7035371
o yeah and soy sauce
>>
A life
>>
>>7034085
>>7035222
>>7035263
>EVOO

stop it
>>
Bag o' crisps
>>
>>7033641
I can never see this gif again without thinking of Joey.
Thanks /ck/
>>
>>7035983

Why are they in a yellow bag?

What the fuck is this?
>>
>>7033641
Didn' t the stuff in your old fridge and/or cabinets move, too?
>>
>>7036151
I've never witnessed autism about color before.
>>
>>7035734
would you rather me call it "extra you olive oil"
>>
>>7036154
then you've never witnessed autism. that is one of the first signs of it in children faggot
>>
rice
flour
pasta
ramen
potatoes
tomatoes
onions
black pepper
salt
sugar
milk
canned tuna
preferred cooking oil
butter
bread
eggs
frozen pizza
minced meat/ground beef
cheese (block so you can slice it or grate it or whatever)

with this you can make quite a few things and make starter stocks for basic things (flour, rice etc)
>>
what ever I have coupons for
>>
>>7033641
First night of move in I've never cooked, just picked up pizza or bbq or something.

Beyond that idk, whatever I feel like for what I plan to eat for the next while, I will already have spices and such from the last place I left, no reason to leave behind everything.

Never moved somewhere without having anything for the kitchen, even when i first moved out on my own for college i think I remember my mother giving me a bunch of shit to bring.
>>
You buy beer and pizza for the people that helped you move...
>>
>>7036155
Their isn't a more virgin olive oil in the world
Thread posts: 44
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.