[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Where do I even begin to learn how to make cosplays? I'm

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

Where do I even begin to learn how to make cosplays? I'm tired of buying cosplays from shitty Chinese websites.

Is there a good place to learn from the ground up? I need to learn everything from makeup to prop-making.

Pic related is my first cosplay from when I was 20.
>>
Take a sewing class. Watch/read tutorials.
>>
>>9598551
Get plastic surgery to be attractive and your cheap cosplays will look good all of a sudden.
>>
>>9598551
depends what it is you're making. Tutorials for basically anything are easy as piss to find these days, just google it
>>
Practise a lot. Start easy, learn skills by thrifting clothes and modifying before looking up tutorials and starting from scratch. There's no easy path. Good luck!
>>
Its all practice, buy a sewing machine and practice sewing your first few costumes will be shit but eventually you'll become competent and there's a level of satisfaction which makes it worth it when someone compliments your costume.

Its the same with Props, and kind of the same with make up if you've never done it before. Its not easy, it takes effort.

I've only just reached the point where I feel my effort is starting to pay off and I'm still incredibly insecure about my skill level. Just keep at it.
>>
>>9598551
I like it anon, just some emo make up and trimming the wig would've made it perfect.
>>
foam props are the simplest thing in the universe.
electronics are slightly more complicated exponentially so with programming.
sewing is the one that bothers me most, it seems to require a certain finesse.
I've never bought a costume.
>>
>>9598551
>>9598579
you could just get a tit job and let photoshop do the rest

seriously though, tutorials. there are tutorials for pretty much everything and if you don't know how to make an exact item, you can learn the techniques and figure out how to do it.
>>
>>9598551
just a heads up you'll spend enough money learning to buy whatever you want from taobao forever
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.