[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Dutch Thread: "Warm Milk is for Baby's" Edition

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 331
Thread images: 27

File: milk.jpg (390KB, 1165x724px) Image search: [Google]
milk.jpg
390KB, 1165x724px
Previously, on The Epic Dutch Conquest Through History for Great Salt and Spices >>9570787
>Con stories
>WIP shots
>Weed and cigarettes at cons and how venues really need to stop placing ashtrays at the front door
>3D printing and how it could affect prop-making and competitions
>White Knights not knowing how this place works nor being able to recognize it when someone selfposts and samefags to stir drama
>Me not giving up hope on this place and explaining to said White Knights how /cgl/ works
>9 mili klik klak, je weet tog!
>Abunai expectations
>Why are Zach Fisher designs allowed at competitions, and where is the line between recognized art and fanart?
>GalFes Gyaru festival happened and nobody is talking about it.
>A trophy for Anon!
>The Rijksoverheid font is the best font since Helvetica!
>Scheveningen photography meet talk

The next five major events:
>Castlefest (August 3rd - 6th, Lisse ZH), the other outdoor fantasy orientated convention.
>TomoParty (August 19th, Ewijk GL), the cosplay beach party where they run out of food at 4pm.
>Abunai! (August 25th - 27th, Veldholven NB), a nice con that suffers from a limited amount of nearby sleeping accommodations.
>Amsterdam Comic Con (September 2nd & 3rd, Amsterdam NH), a geek culture fair that's all about buying stuff.
>Elfia Arcen (September 23rd & 24rd, Arcen LB), not the other outdoor fantasy orientated convention.
Our full con calendar with Google Calendar support can be found at https://www.churi.nl/agenda

Friendly reminders:
>POSTS MADE IN DUTCH ARE AGAINST GLOBAL 4CHAN RULES AND WILL BE REMOVED!
>We have a newcomers guide at https://churi.nl/newcomers-guide
>Defending yourself on /cgl/ only makes things worse. It's best to take things posted here lightly and just move on.
>Posting WIP pictures and/or progress about your current projects is encouraged.

Do you feel like talking to a bunch of Gulls and catching up up on a rich lore? Come join our Discord at https://discord.gg/RgaEYeK and say hi!
>>
>>9579892
op is a fag
>>
File: tumblr_mjbaqgxIQm1s3u5q3o1_400.gif (353KB, 328x284px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_mjbaqgxIQm1s3u5q3o1_400.gif
353KB, 328x284px
And in order to start off this thread, Abunai pushed Deshiuma back to Friday and is now hosting Abunai Beats on Saturday. For this they released a form where people can pick their favourite genres and posts examples of songs they want to hear: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLScinVxp5xEqUm6kZTQ9KmS8hoUkK8bZWaLTaLfb84OFArSv6g/viewform
What were your picks, and why? Personally I couldn't resist putting Guus MEEUWis - Per Spoor (Kedeng Kedeng) in the song example field. I mean let's face it, "foute avond, beste avond" am I right?

>>9579901
I'm sorry love, but I'm quite straight. Besides even if I were gay I could do a lot better than you.
>>
>>9579913
I was quite serious with my suggestions. I suggested a few JPOP songs. Time to dance!

For example: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n5CwXuyNfoc
>>
My last stoke Just went viralll ~~~~ Abunai Beats
>>
>>9579892
>>Why are Zach Fisher designs allowed at competitions, and where is the line between recognized art and fanart?

I said Sakizou, fag.
>>
Abunai is just at the bad end here regarding the mangement ( NH ) of the location.

Last year they acted like idiots about keeping almost all the doors closed (unlike previous years ) during a heatwave at Deshima, rude/short answering from staff.

And now this.
>>
Anyone knows any butterface type cosplayers in our little country ? ( google butterface if you dont know it )
>>
>>9580040
>And now this
>Doesn't say hat this is
Okay Tomo-Anon.

>>9580042
Why, are you looking for pictures of yourself?
>>
>>9580040
I got locked outside during Deshima lol. Why did they suddenly close all the doors?
>>
>>9580051
Who knows, maybe you should ask a staff member instead of a flock of critic seagulls.
>>
>>9580057
same agressive response to mention of Abunai in previous thread. Why so tight? It's not like staff ever leaves you with a friendly answer. If you even get one.
>>
File: saltsaltsalt.gif (276KB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
saltsaltsalt.gif
276KB, 640x360px
>>9580094
>Same agressive response to mention of Abunai in previous thread.
There's nothing passive aggressive about referring you to someone who can actually answer your question. What's next, getting mad over tech support transferring you to someone with the actual knowledge required to assist you? If anything you're the one being aggressive making these wild accusations on how rude and unprofessional the Abunai staff is. Says enough about you as a person really. So either back up your accusations with some actual proof or sod off. We've had enough vendetta-posting as it is, let us not waste another perfectly fine thread on this nonsense.
>>
>>9580040
There weren't enough gophers so they had to close up part of the building during deshima.
Maybe become a gopher if you want to fix it?
>>
>>9580057
I did ask staff tho but Abunai is so uptight they never explain their bs and just powertrip.
>>
>>9580141
Doesn't really look like a wild accusation when so many people mention it..
>>
>>9580152
>So many people
>The IP count hasn't changed one bit and those who I know have posted hold no grudge with Abunai.
Sure mate, stay salty.
>>
>>9580160
Even outside of cgl there are alot of complaints about the rude and ignorant way Abunai staff deals with problems. The way you're acting just confirms it.
>>
>>9580177
Anon has their head all the way up abunais asshole, nothing you can do about it
>>
The only 'issue' I have is that one of the gophers wears healys while other visitors are not allowed to because safety.
>>
>>9580141
Sorry, but looking at their Facebook responses, I am impressed. And not in a good way.
They always deflected concerns and never give a straight answer
>>
>>9580206
This was the first thing i noticed right away. They should really get their pr game together
>>
>Scheveningen photography meet talk

Oh that explains why a friend and I saw a fat person with a lolita twintail wig and black lipstick, at Utrecht yesterday.
This explains a lot.
>>
Also there was a little bit of talk about the Galfest in the old ita thread (one of the visitors was posted, so the contant isn't interesting for the saltfree zone).
>>
Y u all so salty on evrythin'?
>>
>>9580481
Yes and always salty at the wrong things
Use that salt to boycot Tomo or smth
>>
>>9580531
I already avoid them what more do ya want
>>
File: IMG_20170729_204911r.jpg (431KB, 1200x900px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170729_204911r.jpg
431KB, 1200x900px
WIP update of my demon hunter
>>
>>9580979
luckily it costs zero euros to be kind and mindful of others

srsly if it doesn't affect you then I don't see why you're all so bothered about a few people expressing themselves the way they want to
>>
>>9580344
Yeah apparently there were a bunch of itas at Galfest. Sorry gals, we'll try to contain them better next time.

>>9580415
Young people are always looking for ways to be special and righteously indignant without actually really having to do anything or change their lifestyle. Claiming to be agender or bigender or whatever is a quick way to shove yourself under the LGBTQ+ umbrella and feel part of that community without actually having to be gay or trans. Ten years ago every teen on the internet was bisexual, now they're all agender. Different decennium, same shit. The majority of them will grow out of it sooner or later.
>>
>>9578975
That she has just a normal adult body, obviously. So saying things like "appreciate this legal loli body" sounds extremely silly.
>>
>>9581145
The fact that people still even bother to talk about this ''cosplayer'' is extremely silly to me
>>
>>9581159
Well it would have been over for me, if anon got my point in the first place.
>>
Anyone else excited for all the Boku No Hero Academia cosplay's at Cons?
I heard the Sunday of Abunai is Boku no Hero day
>>
>>9581267
The fact that intersex people exist still doesn't legitimise those girls who cut their hair short, do bad contouring and then insist that everyone play along with their LARPing as yaoi bois.
The majority of the people claiming to be genderless are women and I can't help but feel it's either internalised misogyny and/or a fear of growing up. Being an adult woman is icky and scary so I'm actually a smol genderless baby bean UwU
It's common in the cosplay community because we enable all sorts of weird shit and are expected to be tolerant, plus the huge escapism factor. As long as they can cosplay cute anime boys and claim they have no gender, they don't have to deal with the reality of becoming an adult woman and all the shit that comes with it. And if you don't validate this you're an evil shitlord! So there!
>>
>>9581392
seconding this question, I have to work the next day. Also don't want to turn up drunk at work.
>>
>>9581438
>not going all 3 days
>>
>>9581392
Not going to Abunai but I tend to stop drinking after what I feel is my limit and switch to water to prevent the dehydration effect in the morning.
>>
>>9581392
if you dont sleep u wont have a hangover
>>
>>9581392
Alcohol dehydrates your body, so to "cure" a hangover you need to get some water and salt into your system. Go grab yourself some coffee to speed up your digestive system, eat some bacon for those delicious salts and drink plenty of water afterwards. If you're having the worst hangover ever take 800mg of ibuprofen with your breakfast, you'll feel perfectly fine within an hour or two.
Or you know, just don't be a little bitch and suck it up after you decided to push yourself beyond your limits. As the Dutch saying goes, "'s Avonds een vent, 's ochtends een vent" (be a man at night, be a man in the morning)...
>>
>>9581392
old school cure:
Take some orange juice with a some salt, yeah fucking strange, and scrambled eggs with extra salt. Take a cold shower. My hangover was cured within an hour
>>
>>9581392
Try not getting drunk, it's a good way to deal with the possible hangover.
>>
>>9579913
>Abunai pushed Deshiuma back to Friday and is now hosting Abunai Beats on Saturday.

>tfw your friends and you bought saturday only tickets to see deshima
oh that's just fucking great isn't it
>>
>>9581392
hangovers: lots of water (especially in between drinking and before going to bed) and in the morning a combination of bread, bacon and eggs.
>>
>>9581555
>coffee
Coffee is awful against hangovers because it will dehydrate you.
>>
>>9582173
I agree with this one.
>>
>>9582199
Abunaibeats is basically the new deshima, with slightly better music for so far I've heard. No need to worry about it
>>
>>9580940
Holy fuck
>>
File: save.png (126KB, 822x641px) Image search: [Google]
save.png
126KB, 822x641px
So guys what are the newest projects going to be? Still riding my Drachenfest hype wave here, now that everything is being cleaned up and stored away again. Time to start working on some big banners, and a fashionable late medieval doublet for my squire. (Got to look more swaggin' than my master.)

>>9581267
Intersex and transgender are two completely different things. With the added advantage that being intersex can in fact be proven by physical tests whereas transgenderism is only able to be proven verbally by mentioning your problems to a proffessional.

>>9581395
I am this threads LARPfag and I'm massively triggered by you using the word LARPing here.

>>9581392
Put 2 glasses water infront of your bed with a note calling drunk you a dumb cunt. Set an early alarm, drink 2 more glasses of water, and then right before you go to the con take another swig of hard liquor.
Never had a problem with hangovers (except this year at DF at my 9th day of consequently drinking I was puking my guts out in the morning.)

>>9579901
For you.

>>9579892
Tannenberg Fett is best font.

>>9580415
It's the newest fad, all the sort of cool kids in the un-cool kids club are doing it. Keep up, old man.
>>
>>9582371
If all insecure young girls LARPed as dashing squires (no autocorrect, not squirrels) instead of gay anime boys then the world would be a much better place.
>>
>>9582173
>not getting drunk
how else am I gonna deal with all you weeaboo fuckers
>>
>>9582290
Same DJs too? (other anon, but curious)
>>
>>9582204
>Go grab yourself some coffee to speed up your digestive system, eat some bacon for those delicious salts and drink plenty of water afterwards.
Reading sure is hard!
>>
I never have a hangover, no matter how much I thrink. Maybe time to go see a doctor...
>>
>>9582518
If you drink so much the alchol doesn't leave your system, you won't get a hangover. This neat little trick is called alcholism.

Either that or you're pretty young. In which case: your time will come. Oh yes, your time will come...
>>
>>9582431

You mean if Abunai! Beats uses the DJ's of Deshima? Then that's a no. If you mean, same DJ's from last year that did Abunai! Beats, then yes.
>>
What is it with all these cosplayers changing their names? Like seriously, I see alot of people changing their cosplay names lately.
>>
>>9582433

Doing some research is too apparently..

> coffee does not dehydrate
>>
>>9582903
Dunno. I know Facebook blocked that function (or at least was a bitch about it) for a long time. Maybe they lift it and everybody started to change their names because they couldn't at first?
>>
>>9583030
the process is slightly more annoying when you have over 200 likes, but i didn't have a problem with it much.
>>
>>9582903
Maybe they got tired of their old name and decided they might as well change it as others are doing the same? I mean let's face it, a lot of people originally go with generic names or "lol random XD" names. I would change mine as well if I was still using my old nickname from when I was 16.
>>
Can anyone tell me what the cosplay compo at Amsterdam Comic Con last year was like? I'm thinking to join this year.
>>
>>9580986
It's not that i'm bothered by them. I don't care what they like to call themselfs. They can do whatever they want. But it's more that they seem to be bothered by others.
Like, we accept them but they wanna be extremely recognised by the world. And so it leads to them forcing others to shut up about the whole subject and we cannot even say dames and heren anymore anywhere. It's pretty annoying. The thing has already set in on laws and regulations.
There must be some point where you draw the line because this is getting ridicules.
>>
>>9580415
>Young girls dress up as the super effeminated boys from anime like Yuri on Ice
>lgbt club pushes that this makes them in some way part of their club, because more people included makes them feel more normal
>Not wanting to be the 'out group' they accept this
>>
Just wait till there will be a law against misgendering somebody.
>>
>>9582574
Meant the 1st one, thanks for the info. But in that case, who are the DJs? (wasn't there last year)
>>
File: gullroo.webm (733KB, 400x350px) Image search: [Google]
gullroo.webm
733KB, 400x350px
>>9583750
>>9583764
>mfw people think this topic is somehow relevant to /cgl/
Would you both be so kind to take this discussion elsewhere? /cgl/ is a place for everything related to cosplay, LARP, EGL and conventions. If you really want to continue this little talk why not start a thread on /LGBT/, start a LBGT Cosplay thread here on /cgl/, or just take things to Discord.
>>
>>9583781
..will this triggered seagull feel better if I feed it fries? I like feeding gulls at cons hoping they will shit on a cosplayer.
>>
File: evilest.jpg (49KB, 600x434px) Image search: [Google]
evilest.jpg
49KB, 600x434px
Okay, now I'm curious. What was the evilest thing you have ever done at a convention or to a fellow cosplayer?
To me it was attending the sake tasting at Moshi Moshi 2014 without paying. Me and a friend just sat down at the table and nobody bothered to ask us if we had paid. We drank and had seconds to empty the bottles between rounds. By the end we were told we got to keep the glass we had been drinking from, so naturally we took all the glasses people left. When we walked away one of the hosts stopped us and said she couldn't remember if we had paid for the tasting. My friend lied and said she had paid the other host and we headed straight for the exit.

>>9583786
>I like feeding gulls at cons hoping they will shit on a cosplayer.
Godspeed anon, pic 100% related!
>>
>>9583781
Who the fuck do you think you are
>>
>>9583801
Smuggled a friend into a con were I gophered for. Nothing really new or exiting.
>>
>>9583690

Sadly, I can only give you the name of one of them. As I do not know the other people on the stage doing Abunai! Beats. One of the DJ'S from Abunai! Beats is called Joep.
>>
File: DatAss.jpg (97KB, 736x690px) Image search: [Google]
DatAss.jpg
97KB, 736x690px
>>9583804
I was gonna say an anon, but it's OP. Doesn't make the point any less relevant though. I don't care too much about your LGBTBBQ whatever it is, and it has little to nothing to do with this board.
Moreover nobody cares except for the two of you either go to /lgbt/ and have your own gay echo-chamber, or go to /pol/ and have your own neo-fascists-commie whatever they are at this point echo chamber.

Either way, not here.

>>9583781
LARP mentioned, swell with Drachenfest mud and psychological plot.

>>9583801
Wrote a scathing mockery of a song targeted at another player, along the lines of writing it it got meaner and meaner and sort of ended up talking about the guy's appearance which well... hit him OOC.
I apologized and in the end no real harm was done besides a few bits of little hurt.

>>9583750
>>9583764
People can be massively different, even with in the same community. Who'd a thought? :^)

>>9583814
SHAME, SHAME, SHAME!
>>
>>9583801

Did the same thing with a friend. My friend wanted to pay for the tickets at Abunai last year for the sake tasting, but while standing at the entrance where you buy the tickets, they were to "busy" so we just took 2 tickets, said thanks for the service and left. They did not care one bit.

Free sake was nice.

But the most evil thing, that is a good question. I generally try not to involve myself into drama or being mean to people, but there was a group of people who annoyed the fuck out of me, stayed with too many people in 1 room at Abunai ( we all know NH dont like that ) and well.. they were checked and kicked from the room.

>>9583764
And my experience as being bi and knowing LGBT/trans people, the ones i know are annoyed by those "special flowers" yelling and ranting irl and online.

So many just wanting to feel special, because besides their fellow virging yaoi fangirls who are weird as fuck, no one gives them attention. Just riding along with the gender hype.

the attitude/behavior between actual lgbt/trans cosplayer/con visitors and those cosplayer that yell cositivity and cry genderneutral are completely different. You just can not take those people serious.
>>
Anyone knows what's up with Velvetart her Instagram stories talking about people backstabbing her? I feel like I miss something.
>>
>>9584055
go ask her yourself if you are so curious.
>>
>>9584085
She's to busy igonoring people who private message her. Never got any reply from her. She doesn't even bother reading messages. That's why I'm asking.
>>
>>9583860
its almost as if a community has different kinds of people and painting only a subsection of them as "real" is bullshit and elitist
>>
>>9584098
Tbh I rarely even realise someone messaged me on IG because it's very unclear, and if they're message requests I dont' even see them at all until I actually get a message from someone I know which I DO see.
>>
>>9583801
Got a gopher friend to fix me a hotelroom during deshima at Abunai without paying two years ago, then my drunk friends thrashed the hotel room, slept there with 5 people, and I left as early as the con started sunday to avoid paying for it.
>>
>>9584146
Well your friend who thrashed everything should be the one paying anyway.
>>
>>9583835
Dont tell me what to you cis male cunt. You're the reason all us lgbt people get hate. Die.
>>
It;s a bitch when you are the prudent one and other people around you act like immature little cunts that mess up your weekend.

After that I only bunk with real stand up peeps.
>>
>>9584120
Not if a bunch of them are truly faking it for attention, which transtrenders are.

>>9585284
I honestly don't understand why anyone would room with people they don't already know and trust. Sure hotel rooms can be expensive, but being able to get a good nights sleep and trust your roomies not to fuck your shit up is worth paying a little more IMO. I keep hearing horror stories from people and all I can think is, why put yourself in that situation to begin with?
>>
File: One(you).jpg (1MB, 3840x2160px) Image search: [Google]
One(you).jpg
1MB, 3840x2160px
>>9585268
Have one free (You), it's on the house this time faggot.

>>9585284
I guess you'd have to look for friends that reflect your opinions or this, or at the very least make it bearable to spend a weekend together.
But you seem pretty keen on doing that anyway.

>>9585372
I mean youth hostels are fun, so far I've had a lot of good experiences with them. Never tried rooming with rando's for a con though. (Glorious LARP fag masterrace, I just have a tent camp.) Anyways, it might be a good chance to meet people if you pull the jackpot and make likeminded friends, just like at the con. Problem is you're forced together, so if they suck... well, so goodbye to a chill hotelroom.

>>9584120
Same.

>>9584085
You're like one step away from leaving angry notes on the refrigirator anon, why the passive aggresiveness?
>>
Tomo will you fuck off with your yellow fever? Looking for cosplayers with asian roots, as if they are aome kind of cosplay masterrace
>>
File: abunai2017 program compressed.png (1MB, 4961x3508px) Image search: [Google]
abunai2017 program compressed.png
1MB, 4961x3508px
Abunai just posted their schedule for 2017 at http://www.abunaicon.nl/2017/08/abunai-2017-schedule-is-online/
As usual I included a PDF version for those who don't feel like downloading a PDF and ease of viewing here on 4chan. Let's see how many spelling errors and alignment rage we can find this time around.
>>
>>9585448
yeah i was confused why they were looking for asian roots specifically. Kinda dumb
>>
For those out who have been out of the loop, the NPO will be shooting a little something about cosplay at TomoFair. Our second biggest fan from Tomo was asking around on Facebook if any "cosplayer with Japanese roots" would like to shadowed at TomoFair for that item and explain a thing or two about cosplay.

>>9585448
>>9585598
I know right?! Why would you pick someone for their heritage rather then their skills related to the actual subject? Go with someone who understands cosplay, does a good job at it, and feels comfortable in front of a camera. That's who you want explain a "weird hobby" like cosplay to Henk and Ingrid without making cosplay appear any weirder than it already is. Picking someone only for their heritage will likely make you end up with someone who acts all awkward because there's a camera being pushed in their face, making cosplay once again look like something for socially awkward wackjobs.
But hey, it's the NPO we're talking about. The days or proper informational items are long gone and it's quite /plausibel/ that it will just be another "look at these social rejects and their weird hobby" item. Hell, my sides still haven't recovered from that BNN(?) In Japan special where they pretty much claimed all anime is lolicon and then proceeded to show a bunch of perma-virgin lolicons taking their love dolls out on a date.
>>
>>9585457
So they've got both Pepakura and Papercraft workshops. Such variety.
>>
>>9585691
>look at these foreign social rejects abd their weird foreign hobby
It's probably going to be another "Japan is so kooky and weird" episode with an extra bit of "and now it's spreading to our country!" mixed in. My grandma has never owned a computer or smartphone but she does watch NPO and strongly believes that Japan is a county of freaks and weirdos who marry cartoon characters. Many programs cater to people like her, who enjoy being judgemental and never want to be challenged on their beliefs. Maybe it will be informative and fair for a change, but I'm not getting my hopes up.
>>
Have fun at Castlefest everyone. Don't forget to make some great memories this weekend and if you drink, don't drive.
>>
File: IMG_20170805_153537r.jpg (307KB, 1000x750px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170805_153537r.jpg
307KB, 1000x750px
Here's some fancy bootcovers WIP to bump the thread
>>
>>9587386
Looks like shit
>>
>>9587435
Who hurt you?
>>
>>9587435
Looks like you accidently responded to the wrong post. The Abunai schedule is a few posts up.
>>
>>9585691
BS.

Especially lately, you can advise the media pretty well. Every few months we see smaller or larger documentaries popping up with decent quality.
It's Tomo's problem that they just don't want to invest time in that part.
>>
File: VID_20170805_211243.webm (674KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
VID_20170805_211243.webm
674KB, 640x480px
Inserted a mini RC switch into my smoke circuit to to turn it remotely.
Very simple to do, and cheap too, I got my switch here: https://nl.aliexpress.com/item/433-92mhz-Micro-Remote-Control-Switch-Mini-Receiver-3-5v-3-7v-4-5v-5v-6v/2025231023.html
>>
I don't even have wips or anything to post. I'm not even at castlefest. I'm just packing my shit..
>>
>>9587511
You can advise them all you want but if they want clickbait (or the tv equivalent of clickbait), they're gonna make clickbait. And nothing draws views like a freakshow.
>>
>>9587493
hey :(
>>
>>9587688
Hi ;)
>>
>>9587688
Ay bby gurl wanna meet? I'll bring my cutest Oessie cosplay.
>>
File: IMG_20170806_002551.jpg (223KB, 750x1000px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170806_002551.jpg
223KB, 750x1000px
Late night WIP, finished the cape
>>
>6 Huis Ten Bosch plushies
>Â¥2980 + shipping
>Â¥xxxx forwarding service
And now we wait. Shiz, you're the real mvp!
>>
>>9583592
Really small stage, medium big audience, pretty fair judging.
>>
>>9587688
To be fair, some easy and quick fixes would make the schedule easier to use. Like the pepakura and papercraft thing mentioned earlier. Those words mean the same thing, but if you look at the website, these are actually two different workshops. Stuff like that should be clarified in the schedule.
>>
>>9588205
>that churi upskirt
lewd
>>
Keep it nice people. I hate everyone just the same. Weeb, yaoi virgins, kpop fans, creepy loli fans, transneutrals, fags. I dont see the difference cause i hate people in general.
>>
>>9589136
Can I just hate kids?
>>
>>9585691
>"cosplayer with Japanese roots"
lol I can think of a few who meet that profile. But I can't see why you would need someone like that for a report on TomoFair.
>>
>>9589056
Can you link these studies? The only studies I've ever read on this subject stated that there is a very slight difference between the AVERAGE male and AVERAGE female brain, not between individual male or female brains, and my husband who's a postdoc using fMRI data for medical research purposes says they can't actually recognise whether someone in their scanner is a man or a woman based purely on the scan. There are trends if you look at large sample numbers, but the variations between individuals are too large to say anything like "this particular brain is female".
>everyone is unique and different yay
Honestly the male/female brain thing smacks of sexism and is something you only used to hear from men trying to 'scientifically' prove that women are neurologically inferior and should stay in the kitchen, so it's a bit worrisome to me to now hear this stuff coming from the other side.

>>9589555
I can certainly think of plenty of cosplayers who at some point *claimed* to have Japanese roots... Do you think they'd have to prove it? T b h they can just grab some random azn cosplayer and call them authentic Nipponese, not like their viewers can tell the difference. Not sure what having some 1/8th Japanese cosplayer would add to their program vs. any other cosplayer. Wasn't cosplay invented by American sci fi nerds? I have American roots, they should ask me!
>>
File: LARPersOnCGL.png (128KB, 581x443px) Image search: [Google]
LARPersOnCGL.png
128KB, 581x443px
>>9589463
Isn't that what >>9589065 said anyway?

>>9589065
>>9589090
Me and my frie... I mean... I look down on all filthy (the Hacker formerly known as) 4Chins.

>>9589555
To get rid of the "white people with a weird hobby" thing cosplay might have going for it. Or to prevent people going "cosplay is cultural appropriation!" to be quite honest I have no clue. Maybe they just really like Japanese people as well and has their Weeabooism transcended their rationale and they've turned into full Third-Reich warriors with Japan as their tentacled overlord.

>>9589602
>not wanting to have a qt Asian to represent your brand
Get with the times, senpai.

>>9588205
>DOXing Shiz
Damn OPa you can't just DOX people like that. The poor guy helped you! (He da real mvp tho)
>>
>>9589602
>Can you link these studies?

I know what anon is referring to. It was a study that was popular a couple of years ago (and with couple, I mean pre 'smack everything on the internet' era), which told that man, woman, trans and gays had different brains (or one part of the brain was different).

I believe it's debunked, but I'm not sure. Can't find it back either (not that I spend to much of my free time searching for it).

>Wasn't cosplay invented by American sci fi nerds?

Yup, started all with Star trekkies dressing up as Star Trek characters.
But if it's American, it would lose the 'weird Japan' factor, and that wouldn't be interesting.
>>
>>9589670
It's even older than that. Fan costuming can be traced back to the early 1900s. Costume play, or cosplay in short, is just the term a Japanese animation studio head coined after visiting a Worldcon in the US back in 1984. But, it's not as if Japan didn't have creative dorks dressing up as their favourite animu characters back then, so... yeah. Geeks gonna geek, no matter their ethnicity or nationality.
>>
File: costuming in 1939.jpg (33KB, 231x570px) Image search: [Google]
costuming in 1939.jpg
33KB, 231x570px
>>9589670
>>9589682
Because it came up in another thread, I still have pic related saved. I'm not going to claim it's the oldest recorded cosplay but it's probably close.
>>
File: IMG_2929.jpg (150KB, 508x700px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2929.jpg
150KB, 508x700px
>>9589687
At some point it's going to be hard to distinguish between cosplay and costuming. People have been dressing up as characters from history, stories and literature for centuries, but at which point did this become cosplay? Is it only cosplay if it's worn to a convention rather than a party?
>pic related
>Victorian era illustration of people dressed up as a rococo lady, gypsy girl and Napoleon's wife Empress Josephine
>>
>>9589723
When did it become cosplay? In 1984, when some Japanese dude visiting the US decided to call is cosplay.

I think that, at most, you can make a distinction between costumes for re-enactment purposes and costumes meant to imitate characters from popculture.
>>
>>9589723
Technically, making costumes yourself and wearing them is costuming. If you incorporate acting in character, you start the 'play' making it cosplay. But cosplay does not necessarily involve making costumes yourself. So in short.

>Cosplay, japanese term, costume + play. Wearing a costume and acting/performing in-character, usually from a franchise.
>Costuming, english/american term, costume making + wearing. Acting/performing not incluced. Not necessarily from popculture or franchises.

The terms are used interchangeably nowadays. The term 'cosplay' is also more popular.
>>
>>9589817
Many self-described cosplayers I know never act in character, sometimes not even for pictures.
>>
>>9589840
I was informed that they then can call themselves coser.
>>
>>9589846
I thought the term ''coser'' was short for ''cosplayer'' ??
>>
>>9589840
Hence the
>The terms are used interchangeably nowadays.
>>
>>9589846
They don't, they still call themselves cosplayers.
>>
>>9589910
I think it was a joke. Poser -> Coser. (IIRC the Japanese shorten it to 'layer'.)
>>
>>9589910
I thought so too, but I was informed it wasn't that they were lazy and dropped a few letters.
>>
>>9589933
?no?
Lots of Dutch cosplayers call themselves cosers. It's usually the same people who call photographers photogs.
>>
>>9589949
>it's usually the same people who call photographers photogs

.... Who does this? In all honesty they deserve a good old "kopstoot" to the nose bridge.
>>
>>9589969
>photogs
Lazy people?
>>
>>9589949
>>9589969
>>9589984

I know people & follow pages who only put the ''P:'' for photographer lmao.. Speaking of lazy
>>
>>9589949
This annoys me greatly for no good reason.
>>
>>9590006
Same. Especially when they pronounce it that way, too, even when speaking Dutch.
>ja da is een goeie fotokk
>>
and there I was alone hating the word 'coser' it sound like kosher, in which case the joker would be the only one I know that suits it.
>>
>>9589969
Probably the same cringy people who use the term normies.
>>
>>9590044
Is this Oessieposting?
>>
>>9589949
They do? Gosh, that sounds dumb... Should I be glad not to be involved with these people or is this a 'stop living under a rock and get with the programm' situation?
>>
Who the fuck cares what you call it, jesus christ you guys are fucking first rank autists
>>
>>9590124
>loses his shit on a Mandarin basketweaving forum
>complains about autism on Seattle-based midwife gatheringplace and imageboard
I'd complain about how autistic you're being right now. But it's not like that's anything out of the ordinary here.
>>
Goddamit I love those silly love live outfits but all the cheap ones are one size ><
>>
>>9589949
I never heard coser. But I do hear cosser from time to time.
>>
>>9590246
Yeah, eventhough I don’t like Love Live, that Devil outfit is very cute, but way to short for me.
>>
>>9590263
That one is one of my favorites, but I have next to no confidence so unless I hit a second puberty it isn't for me.
>>
Cosers and photogs are terms that have been long used in their respective English communities, just google either terms together with keywords like coser;cosplay or photog;photography. I'm sure you'll find plenty of old references for using both terms. Just because some newfags in NL have started to use the terms in NL doesn't make it new.
>>
>>9590281
UK-community here, can confirm.
>>
>>9590281
Doesn't make either of them sound less retarded, though.
>>
>>9590826
UK comm is retarded, can confirm that as well.
>>
>>9590134
Nic meme xd
>>
>>9590255
>>9590281

I honestly thought that cosser was short for cosplayer, and coser for cosplay poser ?

But when I look on Google it says coser is nothing more than just short for cosplayer, mostly used in China.. ?
>>
>>9590911
"cosser" seems to me like a typical Dutchified word. Dutch people might be more likely to use "cosser" with double s because it feels more natural in our language, whereas people whose first language is English might feel that "coser" sounds more natural.
>>
Seriously.. My whole Facebook feed is full with people panicking because they didn't order their cosplay on time for Abunai .. When will they ever learn?
>>
>>9590974
Never, just like starting on your cosplay on time...
>>
>>9590926
Nah, Cosser seems about right for English. Sounds like something coming from the upperclass though, but I doubt it (Like rugger and soccer).
>>
>>9590853
I meant the words, but that works too.

>>9590911
>>9591018
It sounds like "tosser".
>>
At least it's a different topic than Team Chaos or Tomo...
>>
>>9591023
Hos. Hossen. Hosser. ... and now I imagine a bunch of cosplayers jumping around in cheap costumes to dutch carnaval music.
>>
>>9591128

Same.
>>
>>9591104
Ssssht! XD
>>
File: AutismusMaximus.jpg (9KB, 191x263px) Image search: [Google]
AutismusMaximus.jpg
9KB, 191x263px
>>9591166
>XD
>>
>>9591175
xD
>>
>>9591175
omg, so cute
>>
>>9591193
omg so cute
>>
I didn't get to go to abunai last year, now I finally got that weekend off...but I'm not looking forward to abunai the way i used to? I'm losing my motivation to cosplay as well as not having watched anime in a long time.
>>
>>9591305
Feeling a little burnt out isn't that unusual. Maybe just take that Abunai weekend to relax and do stuff you usually skipped because of cosplay related reasons? Maybe follow a bunch of workshops, go to lectures that are not about cosplay, watch some random anime on the big screen... Abunai is terrible at sticking to their theme, so there are plenty of genres to choose from.
>>
Can Dutch cosplayers please stop with the Love Live Arab Dancers cosplay hype? It makes me cringe everytime I see them on my timeline.
>>
>>9591305
Had that myself too. Took a break for a few months from cosplaying and then came back. Must say, it helped. Like >>9591341 said, take Abunai to relax a bit and see if you still enjoy it as much as you'd use to, if not, taking a break is totally fine.
>>
>>9591104
Fine then. Team Chaos having a hos off against the Tomo crew during Deshima at Abunai. Music of choice: Guus Meeuwis. Should this be thing?
>>
>>9591352
holy shit i'd get tickets for that
>>
>>9591348
Just stop with the Love Live hype in general. Love Live cosplayers are cringy af
>>
>>9591406
This ^
>>
>>9591410
Can't actually be bothered. As long as they don't block corridors and shit, why should I care?
>>
>>9591416
It's not like they run around like narutards, smear bodypaint like homestucks, act in character like jokers etc. They don't bother me at all.
>>
>>9591341
This is the best advice I've had in a long time, really thank you.
>>
>>9591633
But they do claim characters, hate on everyone that doesn't like Love Live, force their fandom in every competition/event there is AND don't even get started on all those wanna-be groups and ''dances'' they do at cons...
>>
I honestly don't mind Love Live cosplayers.
It's more fun to see than having 20 people dressed up as Naruto or acting "funny" in Deadpool suits.
>>
>>9591699
^this
>>
>>9591699
That's not new though. I've seen similar/the same things in other, earlier fandoms. There was a time when people thought it was a good idea to do dances like the Hare Hare Yukai at Utrecht Central Station.
>>
>>9591699
>>9592460
>>9592518
Got to have to agree with the competition, thing, though. As soon as they get the chance, there HAS to be at least 2 Love Live dance acts in a normal ACT comeptition.

Didn't you heard about Abunai's CAC? At least 3 minimum so far as I've seen on Facebook.. I know I'm skipping CAC this year.
>>
Every girl be jumping on riot's dick for the new star guardian skins :/
>>
>>9591633
Stfu fag, u cant tell people to stop hating when ure hating urself u proclaimed fucking autistic piece of fucking furniture
>>
>>9592606
Seriously, though.. What's wrong with you? Why so butthurt ;-) ?
>>
File: BeingOnPol.jpg (162KB, 623x414px) Image search: [Google]
BeingOnPol.jpg
162KB, 623x414px
>>9592460
^this

>>9591410
This ^

>>9591416
Because being angry at things is a good pasttime. Ask Boze Blanke MannenTM, they made Europe the centre of the world with it.

>>9592606
N O U
O

U
>>
>>9592606
Anon are you okay?
>>
>>9589687
Indeed, it appears that the oldest cosplay on record is most likely Mr. Skygack, from Mars in 1908.
>>
>>9592606
Take deep breath, make yourself a nice cup of tea, and try again. In a place like this, you need more than some badly spelled naughty words to make an impact.
>>
>That moment when you are talking about DCC, ACC and RCC/CCE and keep messing up their names because they all thought having "comic con" in their title would be a good idea
Is it really too much to ask for these cons to be a little bit more creative with their names? Just imagine the chaos if our anime conventions opted for the same naming scheme. Have fun keeping AC, VAC, AAC, EAC, OAC, NAF and AAF apart...
/pointless rant
>>
>>9593653
Gotta ride them SDCC coat tails, anon.
>>
The post-animecon threads were good, then I come back to some summerfag(s) smearing their diarrhea over the entire board. What happened? What is wrong with some of you? Why so much derail? Jesus fuck, get it together.
>>
>>9594295
cucumbertime (badly translated but you get the gist)
>>
>>9594295
Facebook knights who had a liittttle bit too much vendetta.
>>
>>9594295
>What happened
White knights and dense idiots not realising they are going way off-topic even when someone tells them so. Worst thread in a long time, at least we've got Abunai coming up which should get us some more on-topic posts.
Polite sage.
>>
Worst meet ever!
>>
>>9595424
No silly Anon, you put burgers on a BBQ, not worst.
>>
>>9595424
Sausage measures wild boar? We're going to need some details here.
>>
>>9589949
Late to the party, but I always thought Chinese cosplayers started this whole "coser" and "cos" thing. The first time I saw those type of terms was when ordering cosplay on weibo. And I just figured that this is how the word spread to other communities, such as the Dutch one.
>>
>>9595427
But worst is a great way to get the fire going again with all that sticky goo dripping out of it!

>>9595441
13cm, stupid Indonesian sausages are tiny!
>>
>>9587770
Respect for your cosplay skill.

Any chance you're making the mage tower fiery glaives? ^^
>>
Nethergundam has started, but I need to change some things before I post a WIP. Which won't be today because my back hurts like a motherfucker.
>>
HUBBA
>>
>>9595468
I made the hand of the illidari upgrade haha, i wasn't entirely sure how I was going to realistically make flamereaper.
>>
Does someone have tips about what to do when someone throws your cosplay away?
>>
>>9596497
Don't try to be someone you're not. Useless vendetta
>>
>>9596497
Make sure your cosplay isn't trash.
>>
>>9596507
Assuming that people would think that the real person said that
>>
>>9596460
Looking good, anon!
>>
>>9596497
How does someone else manage to throw your cosplay away?
>>
>>9596460
>>9596518
Thanks! Here's a quick picture by Jeroen Weimar, I also won the campzone contest yesterday
>>
>>9596568
Tbh, it looks amazing! Also.. what is campzone?
>>
>>9596579
Other Anon here, by Campzone is basically what happens when nerds decide to go camping. So basically it's gaming PC's everywhere, gigabit internet, beamers with consoles and enough energy drinks to fill up the IJselmeer.
Man I wish I was there...
>>
>>9596522
When you lend a cosplay to someone but when she wants to give it back you can't help but to start unnecessary drama with her because she didn't talk about it in private chat but in a group.
>>
>>9596497
>>9596522
>>9596635
Unnecessary vendetta. Don't speak unless you know the whole story lol
>>
We already had enough useless vendetta in the other thread, please
>>
File: image.jpg (121KB, 475x633px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
121KB, 475x633px
Since Tomoparty is in less than a week

How bad do you all think it's going to be this year?
>>
>>9596703
I don't think about Tomo, what now?
>>
>>9596705
Me neither, I am preparing for Abunai.
>>
>>9596711
I hope Abunai won't get another heatwave this year... Last year was terrible
>>
>>9596703
I honestly don't know what to expect this year. Probably going to be shit anyways.
>>
>>9596635
Oh, i'm part of that whatsapp group. Hi mom!
>>
>>9596772
It was total bullshit what happened. Acting like a little kid and insulting someone over a simple, friendly question.
>>
If you're not sharing the full story. What's the point of mentioning it here?
So someone borrowed a cosplay and threw it away. Did that person say why or apologized or said what they are going to do about it, like paying back the cost for the cosplay, or is it just such a piece of shit person that borrows something, throws it away and then plays the victim card? I'm sure the community is interested in finding out who this is.
>>
>>9596787
> or is it just such a piece of shit person that borrows something, throws it away and then plays the victim card?

Pretty much this.
>>
Facebook issues again rising up on 4chan.

Cant you people just keep on fb or your instagrams or something else. Posting your shit here about this person who threw away someones cosplay and the person it belongs to, who cares.

>>9596791
Most likely 2 weebs having a fight, someone said or threatened about throwing it away or something en now they think "if i post this on this 4chan thread i can play the victim card and maybe the other person can get more hate, cause 4chan is all powerfull"
>>
>>9596791
When you throw away anything you borrowed from someone else. You're in the wrong. There is no two ways about it. From there on you have two options.
.Make up for it in some way
.Be a total shit and try to make anything of the situation except for making up for it.
>>
>>9596798
>>9596802
> now they think "if i post this on this 4chan thread i can play the victim card and maybe the other person can get more hate, cause 4chan is all powerfull"
>Be a total shit and try to make anything of the situation except for making up for it.

I'm pretty sure this is happening lol, by the looks of it. hate when this happends. Go back to facebook, keyboard warriors
>>
>>9596703

and with that being said, back to the fun topic. Seems it is gonna be raining and all the peeps in 1 tent.

So 80% are weebs being in a tent, sweating in combination with a weather that makes them sweat more.
>>
gtfo off with all your stupid facebook/instagram/kindergarden bullshit and go fucking fight there before 4chan get's all the blame again jesus fucking christ.
>>
>>9596807
I was also pretty surprised by the fact they're placing one big tent now.
Is it at the exact same location as last year?
>>
>>9596787
> If you're not sharing the full story. What's the point of mentioning it here?

Crying, playing victim and hoping to spread hate to the other person because why not
>>
>>9596460
It looks so good anon! I hope to run into you at a con someday, while wearing it (I won't be at abunai)
>>
>>9596778
I agree
>>
>>9596497
leave the facebook drama on facebook please.
>>
File: theyreprettydumb.png (80KB, 500x303px) Image search: [Google]
theyreprettydumb.png
80KB, 500x303px
>>9596861
>leave the facebook drama on facebook please.

People don't really seem to get this, I see.
>>
Anyone curious about what nsfw cosplays they'll bring to tomo bc abunai won't allow it and which girl cries the hardest about slutshaming afterwards?
>>
>>9596325
he looks pregnant
>>
>>9596871
I thought abunai allowed nsfw cosplays? But besides that... It's gonna be one hellfest, for sure.
I can bet you they'll all come and cry and create vendetta on here
>>
>>9596873
> he
idk if on purpose or accident but thanks, I needed that laugh
>>
>>9596878
They allow everything to a degree but tomo has pretty loose rules for as far as i know, and it creates the perfect opening for attion hoes to put on the skimpiest outfits they have for pictures with the excuse that there's a large body of water nearby
>>
tomoparty rocks!
>>
>>9596893
I admire your positivity and strive to one day be as happy about a thing as you are
>>
>>9596880
it seems he is going to tomoparty aswell according to the event post, and he looks so much attractive for me. So who would help me to get him or her, it, to lock him up with me in a toilet? I can make her more pregnant and make babies with it. I love Umi so much. It's name was Tesla Brouwer who lives in Amsterdam right?
>>
>>9596898
>>9596325
So just another love live cosplayer? Says enough
>>
>>9596911
Why did she get posted though
>>
>>9596920
I assume it's because of the issue mentioned above ... ?
>>
>>9596325
>>9596787

maika throws cosplay away
>>
>>9596920
I don't want to cosplay with her anymore. We cannot have private space with her because we are a couple. she cannot see us kissing eachother caus she dont have a boyfriend.. it was hard to walk around for us in fairy and she didnt even care. if we did our thing she do left us in belgium and dont want to ride us back by car. sad life true story.
>>
>>9597332
She did. And still refuses to apologize or have contact with the person of who the cosplay originally is.
Totally playing the victim card rn and blaming the other one.
Typical kindergarden moves, if you ask me.
>>
>>9596855
Me neither, gamescom is in the same weekend, so i'm going there. Debating if I actually want to attend firstlook and ACC at all (not a very good rep, esp not for cosplay)
>>
>>9597476
Didn't went to ACC last year, but I heard terrible stories about it.. Don't really think I'll ever try it out.
>>
>>9597528
ACC is the worst. I've been there last year at the first edition and desu it's not worth your money. I payed like 20? euro's for a ticket and with 1 hall full of merchandise stalls, a big Netflix stand and a kindergarten podium for the cosplay contest somewhere in a corner, it wasn't worth my time. I saw everything within 1 hour and I stayed 3 hours in total because I wanted to somehow get what I payed for.
Most of the awesome actors that were announced by ACC canceled the very same day or the day before the con. So no, don't go to ACC.
>>
>>9597447
i hope she die on cancer or any other sickness. including the other ones who are infected.
>>
>>9597447
I think she's mentally ill or what?
>>
>>9597332

Can we please stop feeding the trolls like Maika and Xiuemi cosplay. We give them way to much attention then they deserve.
>puke.gif
>>
>>9597743
Pretty sure it's cate and her friends posting about her anyways.
>>
>>9597756
Pretty sure it's not since they're not even on here
>>
>>9597743

What about talking about things people actually care about.

Everyone ready for Abunai ?
>>
>>9597743
> We give them way to much attention then they deserve.
> Writes out full (cosplay) name which gives them even more attention
>>
>>9597542

Arent comic cons just PR and a big dealerrooms ? Excluding the merch part, why are people still going there ?

Do people really pay for autographs from tv shows peeps ?
>>
>>9597772
Yeah, I did only once and signed my nintendo 3ds in japan expo paris by the author danganronpa
>>
>>9597756
Hi, mom !!
>>
>>9597773
lel, CK, he was pretty darn good at yelling and harrasing cosplayers online. he went internationally. this list should be the top 3 of people with autistic disorder.
get a life
>>
>>9597772
The dealerroom wasn't even big. Everything was placed in the dealerroom, except the stage for the tv show peeps and some foodtrucks. At DCC the cosplay stage and all the PR stuff have a hall seperatly. Imagine all those things in 1 hall that's half the size of the deallerroom at DCC.. because that's what it was.
>>
File: _20170814_190724.jpg (279KB, 1028x1507px) Image search: [Google]
_20170814_190724.jpg
279KB, 1028x1507px
> let's not give it attention
> proceeds to start a 4chan anonymous troll game acting like they belong in either posse

How about you go over to something less 12-year-old-autist-y

The fuck is with this pornhub category cosplay quality picture of "one of the better Dutch cosplayers"
>>
Time to open a saltmine, I hear it's good business.
>>
>>9597786
I've heard Mane 'n tail is great stuff for that.
>>
>>9597821
This is making me sad, I hope sakuraflor is not going to sink this low.
>>
>>9597821
Would pay to see her get rekt by a 22 inch black dongus
>>
>>9597822
I doubt it, the mad amount of salt in these past few threads alone was enough to drop the price of salt to just a few cents per kilo.
>>
>>9597830
This is totally irrelevant lol?
Like i never said she's a fakegurl and comparing her to hyper cosplayers I'm just asking wtf is happening lol
Stop fishing to prolong th C and M drama you fucking walking piece of smegma
>>
>>9597821

She is turning tho a golddigger type cosplayer who just tries to sell whatever people can find sexy about her..

Dont know why she is doing soo much of it lately.
>>
>>9597821
The f is that? Kim Holland 2.0?
>>
>>9597836
Because it almost seems as if there's no other way of becoming cosplayfamous than to do sexy cosplays.
>>
>>9597839

Well, i would rather watch sakura then "nana doet rollenspel"
>>
>>9597842
Same
>>
>>9597841
You can still get "cosfamous" by being a good cosplayer. But if your goal is to wring money out of the lowest common denominator of "cosplay fans" (= thirsty men with low standards who just want to fap) then doing low quality soft porn shoots in cheap motels is apparently the way to go. I'm not a fan of this boudoir trend either, but don't pretend anyone is being forced into it. The people doing it aren't doing it because it's the only way to get appreciation for their ~craft~ but simply because they like getting attention, validation and money for doing something that requires little effort.
>>
>>9597821
So when is she signing up for brazzers?
>>
>>9597830
Lol hi cate/her friends :^)
>>
>>9597851
I understand the logic behind it, but is this really the way we want it to go?
I mean Sakuraflor (and others) as a possible role model to new, young female cosplayers is giving of the image that being a cheap attention slut is the (right) way to go.
>>
>>9597881
It was like this 10 years ago as well, although social media wasn't nearly as big as it is now, which is the main reason it's suddenly booming. But I won't stop people from doing it. I just rather build good cosplays instead and mind my own business.
>>
>>9597881

Claiming cosplayers must be/act like rolemodels is such bullshit. Because they grow with their name, they suddenly have some public standards they must uphold because others say so.

Meanwhile those people also claim cosplayers should be themself, but also dont be yourself too much, because rolemodel....
>>
>>9597890
Those cosplayers simply become rolemodels whether they like it or not.
>>
>>9597881
Sometimes I wonder what new cosplayers will think. Like those young ones who're just coming into this community.
I'd tell my younger self to run away immediately lol
>>
>>9597899

Thank god they dont have to act like rolemodels just because others say so.
>>
>>9597851
gravure?
>>
>>9597881
I've definitely noticed a lot of younger cosplayers doing more and more low effort sexy/lewd stuff, like a just VK sweater and a wig. It's not surprising if that's all they're seeing their examples do and see how much attention that gets them, without having to do anything difficult or original. Honestly though I think young cosplayers should have a mind of their own. Nobody is forcing them to take these shortcuts. If they actually like cosplay, and aren't just doing it because of daddy issues and a need for male validation, they'll disregard the costhots and do their own thing.

>>9597882
Were people earning as much money off this sort of thing 10 years ago? There are currently people who make more than a living wage from lewd cosplay alone. Back then there was Yaya and cosplay deviants but I don't think anyone ever made more than a little pocket money, let alone 15k/month.

>>9597890
>but moooom, rolling around with my tits out in in a cheap Chinese bought cosplay on a nasty motel bed is who I truly am inside!
>>
>>9597821
Damn the saltiness.. Its funny how no one commented about the huge amount of amazing cosplays she had brought out the last year like Sombra, ana, Tracer, prince of Persia, etc but there's one picture like this and immediately salt is thrown. The fact that a cosplayer does a somewhat more "sexy" picture doesn't mean they are trying to be the next Jessica Nigri.

It's sad how those kind of pictures get so much head instead of actually giving praise for the other costumes that are amazing.
>>
>>9597930
Jessica Nigri's pictures are classier and have higher production value than that. That pic looks like a still from an amateur porno.
>>
>>9597821
So I looked up this ''Hollandsch Metaal'' and they claim to be some sort of comic/nerd magazine?
Seriously never heard of them and I dont understand why she'd work with them either.. Just look at this ''quality'' image
>>
File: IMG_2033.jpg (22KB, 236x309px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2033.jpg
22KB, 236x309px
>>9597935
Yeah so much classier and better quality..
>>
>>9597946
That's old as shit. I guess someone has to start somewhere. I just like cosplay more as a skilled hobby than a sexy nerd hobby.
>>
>>9597950
Lol and sakuraflor doesn't? Her cosplay is amazing quality but she does a geek en sexy sometimes just aside. That doesn't make her a bad cosplayer.

Btw this is a picture from Jessica patreon of January this year. Not so very old..
>>
>>9597954
Doing both is worse imo, everyone will associate good looking skilled female cosplayers with 'hey do you have some nudes for sale' type. I think it's gross and inappropiate.
>>
all these people hating on sexy cosplays.

" All these female cosplayers doing sexy things. just awfull."

unzips pants and starts fapping and going through all kinds of female sexy cosplays.

"i hate seeing this"

Cums and sad feelings about being single and not having a good looking cosplaying partner.

"attention whores, i hate them, who do they think they are."
>>
>>9597960
I think you're forgetting that /cgl/ is mostly a women's board.
>>
>>9597960
Kek, can you project any harder? I'm sick of being seen as a cheap whore just because I dress up like anime girls a few times a year.
>>
>>9597964

Woman dont fap then ? there are enough ( claiming to be ) bisexual/gay woman in the cosplay community

>>9597966

yes, i am a male and i do not fap to cosplayers. I dont care if a female or male cosplayer does sexy shoots etc. At least they have the confidence to do so.
>>
>>9597960
The people who dislike coswhores are mostly female cosplayers like >>9597956 who don't want to be associated with that shit. Cosplay is considered weird enough already without everyone thinking it's just another porn subcategory. These girls are just inviting more guys who think cosplayers are easy and it's okay to be sexually inappropriate with us at cons.
>>
SIIIIIIIIIIIIGH. HERE WE GO AGAIN.
>>
>>9597970
It's not a lack of confidence, it's dignity. Sorry I'm not desperate enough for male attention to take my clothes off on camera.
>>
>>9597970
It's not a question of confidence. It's a question of self-worth. I would not want to be with a person who sexualises themselves all over the internet, just as I wouldn't want to be with someone who fucks around with others while they're with me. "Confidence" like this is highly overrated, all these girls get out of it is derision from most and usage as fap fodder by others, which no one should be proud of as it requires 0 knowledge, skill, effort or even luck. Men will get off to anything.
>>
>>9597981
So people who work profesionally in the porn industry don't have dignity?

Logic
>>
>>9597986
But they don't? There's a reason porn pays a lot, it's because most people don't want to do it because they value their dignity and see sex as something more special than "do this with anyone and show it to anyone as long as I get paid". You trade your dignity for money.
>>
>>9597996
I've seen people who work in the industry that have more dignity than the most on here
>>
>>9597985
Omg you see a little bit of boobs and immediately it's porn? So all these over sexualized characters are also porn? Seriously how salty can you be?
>>
>>9597997
Define dignity for me? Because I know there's a lot of degenerates on this board, but I think you have your definitions messed up.
>>
>>9597981

it is kinda weird to say that a person who has the confidence to show skin ( not naked ) has no diginity, at least that is how i take your comment.

>>9597978

Cosplay started early in america and japan, but most people do it because of anime and the japanese influence of cosplay.

In japan sexy and gravure type of cosplays are pretty normal. People wanna cosplay like japanese cosplayers and the japanse series and the japanese style, but not accept the whole picture which also includes adult, sexy, ecchi.

just because you wanna be selective about what part of the cosplay scene you do, does not mean others are whores, sluts etc because they do.
>>
When cosplayers are prude/not wanting to show skin; people are like: oh, no, girl. You got an amazing body please do so! Rock it girl slaaaaayy

When they finally do: Oh no it's a whore, she only does it for attention and she has no dignity shame on her !!!
>>
>>9597998
There's a difference between cosplaying a character who happens to show cleavage and doing boudoir photoshoots and other media clearly meant to show off your body as opposed to the cosplay. The latter is indeed softcore porn, if you can't see that you have simply been desensitised by the normalisation of overt sexuality in the media.
>>
>>9598006
Ever think of the fact that different people are saying these different things? where have you even seen the first sentiment expressed? It certainly wasn't on /cgl/.
>>
>>9597997
>>>9597996
>I've seen people who work in the industry that have more dignity than the most on here

That's such an easy comeback. Names, or I call BS.
>>
>>9598009

or treat sexual things as just a normal day to day thing. Why must sexual/sensual things be such a taboo ?

but now it is said differently, Now sexy is selectively okay as long as...And others say no to anything sexy or do they wanna change their opinion all of the sudden ?
>>
>>9597997
Haha, I want to see that list of porn star names with dignity alright.
>>
>>9598012

Not my comment, just wanna respond to.

>wasn't on /cgl/

you know there are other platforms where people can talk besides 4chan
>>
>>9597997
Haha! Good one.

>>9598003
It doesn't stop being slutty because some Glorious Nipponese are doing it, and it's even less acceptable there than it is in the west. Those cosplayers are going to have a hard time finding a respectable job if their real name is in any way attached to their sexual pictures.
>>
>>9598021
Okay, so? We are currently on 4chan and it is very likely that I am not the same person who told that girl in the CosplayNL facebook to show off her body. Asking "why do people say this and then this" assumes either these are the same people or that 'people' as a whole are some kind of monolith without differing opinions.
>>
>>9598006
The first is said by thirsty guys who want to fap, or girls who want to feel better about themselves, i.e. people using them for self-gratification. The latter is said by people who expected more from that person and are now disappointed in them.
>>
As long as the sexy cosplay is character accurate, there is no issue.

I just dislike the eternal underwear shitstorm when the character does not wear it or isnt remotelty "sexy and adultlike"
>>
>>9597978
>>9597981

thank you

I think sexy cosplay is fine, as long as it is not borderline deliberately hinting to softcore porn.
>>
>>9598046
This is the core of my issue. It's the unnecessary sexualised ones. Everything else? Go ahead.
>>
>>9598046
Don't know if you are familiar with the character but she actually wears that and there's several art pieces of it.
>>
>>9597938
I thought it was a metal (music) magazine.
>>
>>9598091
>Don't know if you are familiar with the character but she actually wears that and there's several art pieces of it.

>As long as the sexy cosplay is character accurate, there is no issue.
This previous point still covers that. People make sexualized fan art of Sonic characters and My Little Pony, that doesn't make it a good idea to secualize those characters. Just respect the characters as the artists have originally intended. I think you can appreciate that yourself too if you have created something yourself.
>>
>>9598140
Which brings me back to. "Do you even know the character?" Cus apparently you don't if you think it doesn't fit her
>>
>>9598182
>>As long as the sexy cosplay is character accurate, there is no issue.

There is nothing to bring back to.Just you selectively interpreting something that already covered what you're trying to point out.
Do you see it now?
>>
>>9598187
Which is why there's not reason for people to bitch about sakuraflor her picture if that's what they really think because this picture and way of portraying the character actually suits her.
>>
Basic bitches in cosplaynl be like 'my first cosplay!' while buying a cheapass carnival alice in wonderland costume.
>>
>>9598264
Have you read the comments?
> "One of the best Disney cosplays I've ever seen!"
Girl clearly hasn't seen any good Disney cosplays yet.
>>
File: maisbrood.jpg (118KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
maisbrood.jpg
118KB, 800x600px
New bread >>9598297
>>
>>9597930
Her sombra is hardly anything to brag about. I think that it is one of her weakest cosplays at the moment.
So if anything, I'm waiting for newer cosplays to see where her quality is going.
>>
>>9598356
Her Sombra is one of her weakest? Right.. would love to see you make a better Sombra. So far it's the best one I've seen around.
>>
Im having a blast reading all this
>>
>>9599625
Glad you're having fun
>>
Does anyone know Kyman Cheng?
Thread posts: 331
Thread images: 27

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.