[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How come we people don't get upset with male genderbent

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 5

How come we people don't get upset with male genderbent cosplay when its even lazier that male to female? The worst outfits at least make the character different by going super sexy. More than half the time the men keep the top the same but just add pants. The end results just look lazy
>>
because nobody cares about male cosplay except for fujoshi
>>
We've been collectively desensitized/broken by Brohous.
>>
>>9551452
i think the problem is that there's a tendency for male-to-female cosplays to be made unnecessarily sexy or seductive, whereas female-to-male cosplays tend to look thematically similar to the character but with short hair and pants, which is a lot less eye-rolly
>>
People don't get upset about male cosplay period because compared to female cosplay, no one really cares about it
>>
There's nothing in the picture you posted to start the thread that looks "lazy". It's a well done gender-bent cosplay.

There are lazy male gender-bent costumes, but they are usually meant as a joke which is why they likely never get picked on. The majority of female gender-bent costumes are not meant to be a joke which sets many up for ridicule.
>>
>>9551593
This is very true. There's a tendency to make male-to-female costumes so seductive that the character becomes hardly recognizable. There's the option to make an feminine Iron Man suit catered to the female body. Yet, some end up making sexy armor that only covers the privates, and that is not a full-body suit of armor that fits the character or purpose of Iron Man's suit.
>>
Because the guys who do it are usually all "Yoohoo boys you want summa deez tiddies?!"They have to make to very clear they're doing it as a joke but it's stupid annoying
>>
It's only annoying to me when it's done as a 'joke' because it's the laziest and more overdone joke cosplay. Ha ha I get it, you're a big hairy guy wearing a girl's revealing clothes, good on ya mate never seen that before.
>>
File: shitpostbot9000.png (305KB, 573x572px) Image search: [Google]
shitpostbot9000.png
305KB, 573x572px
I just want to dress up as a shitpost character but there aren't ever male characters that get turned into shitpost characters. Pic related. It's more about the board culture than the chinese cartoons.
>>
File: tumblr_n9rd0kDfv91to85w5o1_500.png (716KB, 483x750px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_n9rd0kDfv91to85w5o1_500.png
716KB, 483x750px
>>9551765
>>9551584

You're talking about male crossplay.. OP is talking about genderbends which is completely different.
>>
>>9551584
Annoyed I can't like posts on 4chan
>>
Yeah they're really lazy but they're also inoffensively lazy. Like these costumes are so plain that I don't notice them and thus its hard for me to care
>>
>>9552239
Anon has a point. A lot of guys fear a sewing machine like a dog fears a vacuum. As a result you get these lazy cobbled together closet cosplays. Which mostly just dont get noticed because there is nothing really remarkable about them.
>>9551765
>>9551704
Although these two anons are talking about bad crossplay and not gender bends the point remains, since guys aren't taken as seriously in the cosplay community there is a tendency for guys to do 'joke' cosplays more often. Even if it's a over done joke because why the hell not? The stakes are so much lower because like >>9551658 >>9551467 anons said no one really cares about male cosplay all that much.

I use to make gender bends a lot more when i started cosplaying and i do put real effort into them. Sewing whole garments, make custom armor and props so it's clear some effort was made and on the whole I would get a little more attention but notbing compared to my female friends. Male cosplays in general do carry the same weight as females in cosplay. It's nothing to get mad about it's just how the world works.
>>
>The worst outfits at least make the character different by going super sexy
If the character isn't known for being sexy, then going super sexy when you genderbend isn't "different" it's lazy af.
>>
>>9558825
Lazier then how men just add pants to an outfit and keep everything from top, wig and accessories the same.

Female to male - One item of clothing changed
Male to female - Multiple items changed

Just by the numbers the sexy genders bends are not as lazy
>>
>>9551452
>More than half the time the men keep the top the same but just add pants
That's how it should go desu. Really annoying that male-to-female genderbends just go full on wig + push up bikinis every time.
>>
>>9560161
You'd be right if making a pair of pants or top was less complex than buying a skirt or bra in a certain color.
>>
>>9561891
I have to agree with this anon. Genderbent cosplays should still be accurate and not just a sexy version of that character. That just seems lazier.
>>
File: 51jmeJyQftL.jpg (45KB, 350x500px) Image search: [Google]
51jmeJyQftL.jpg
45KB, 350x500px
There is a lot on Amazon.
Like this one. You could create your outfit by yourself

https://www.amazon.de/gp/product/B01LC12HY2/ref=as_li_qf_sp_asin_il_tl?ie=UTF8&tag=9603-21&camp=1638&creative=6742&linkCode=as2&creativeASIN=B01LC12HY2&linkId=6ff198466cf7b83f42d1ed3b24a2028e
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.