[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

17 days left ! Who's going ? Share your costumes, your plans,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 55
Thread images: 5

File: JE.png (111KB, 798x1024px) Image search: [Google]
JE.png
111KB, 798x1024px
17 days left ! Who's going ? Share your costumes, your plans, and your predictions for the ECG finals results AND for the inevitable drama that will follow.

Also, remember to bring your own food and water and that the dealer's hall is full of bootlegs.
>>
Do we have a list of all the ECG competitors? Would be nice to be able to check them all out.

Also predictions: french win
>>
I hope there will be good Jojo merch this year
>>
>>9524733
There's a list with almost everyone and the costumes they were selected with (though as always, most peopel make new ones) here : http://www.japan-expo-paris.com/en/programme/ecg-season-7-the-finals_1866.htm

French win is always a good prediction but I'm not super confident in our group this year, especially with the selections drama. Solo rep is looking solid though.
>>
>>9524764
What selections drama? I heard the French had Clara Cow selections drama but i never heard anything about ecg
>>
>>9524713
first time going what do I have to know?
>>
>>9526734

- Buy your tickets in advance, because the line for people who buy on-site is usually ridiculous. If you can, buy a 4 days pass, they have the quickest line.
- Bring your own food and drink. It can get really hot inside the con center and prices are through the roof (3.50 euros for the smallest bottle of water). Most people bring sandwiches and eat them in the central courtyard
-If you're unsure of how to go somewhere, get a map (there are heaps of them scattered through the con center) and look at the carpet's color under your feet, there are a bunch of different ones. You can also look for overhead signs.
-If you take the RER B train, buy a two way ticket (look for "aller-retour" on the machine or maybe you can ask at the kiosk, idk since I always buy them at the machine). This way you won't be stuck with all the idiots who forgot to buy a return ticket when it's time to leave and who block the whole station with their queue.
-Go see the ECG finals. You shouldn't regret it. You can also go see the ECG preselections, the French level has become insane these last few years - however this year many of the usual competitors are taking part in a special show for the centenary of Japanese Animation so things might be different !
-The toilets are known for being very clean and most are really spacious, you can use them to change into your cosplay if it's not too big, there were changing rooms for cosplayers (if you are one) in the previous editions but you have to prove your worth by finding them (they're actually hidden in plain sight but the sign is tiny as fuck. Look around the Cosplay area)
-There's a special stage called "100% Cosplay" where any cosplayer can go and pose, or do a skit, so don't hesitate if you want to show your cosplay. Since it's in a pretty open area, cosplayers of all levels tend to congregate here since it's easier to move (You can even chat with ECG representatives if you're lucky)
-People will love you if you give them food
>>
I'm going either as Tewi Inaba or in a lolita coord.
>>
>>9527782
id add, wait for the crowd to go , laze a bit on the park aera or in front of the con unless you feel like getting squished like a sardine.

if you're feeling REALLY adventurous and have loads of free time id recommend the bus line 350 that leads to gare de l'est. after hotel goers get to their stop you'll have a nice and cozy seated trip.
>>
>>9528813
So it does work in the summer ? A few years back I checked the timetable for the Japan Expo week and for some reason the buses on line 350 weren't running that week.

Also if you're going by RER, the trick is to get in before Gare du Nord. Châtelet-les-Halles is good because lots of people leave the train at that stop. The trick is that the RER B always stops in the same position, so you can preemptively place yourself in order to have the doors open in front of you. This gives you the best chance to have a seat.
>>
>>9528842
depends on the schedule. the 350 is a working class oriented line with a direct connection to CDG during non peak hours and a non direct that pass through parc des expos in peak hours. I know because i went every year since 2008 and since this line connected to another that went directly home (the 47), took it every year.

Also, just like you try not to get on at Chatelet les halles, you can take one of the many buses that goes to CDG 1 (without paying, no control there) and do the same thing for the return trip.
>>
One week to go! How are all the ecg reps looking?
>>
>>9536695
I've been following Tamiyo and her work looks solid but Sakizou at a contest is always a gamble.

Don't forget to bring water (bottles over half a litre not allowed) and food unless you want to have to sell a kidney to be able to eat !
Also, go here : imgur.com/a/GuzjA for the yearly annotated map to see which boothes you must avoid (bootleg is rampant in JE). A green outline is good, red is bad, a Rem head means especially good and a Ram head means especially bad.

They even made a special page for mobile phones where you enter the name of the booth and can find out instantly if it's good, neutral or bad : http://www.raton-laveur.net/je2017/ . It works offline too so that's perfect for JE where the 4G is brought to it's knees by the amount of people using the network.
>>
I thought I couldn't go to Japan Expo this year because of work but I want to try to go this Sunday. I don't have a car and I plan on going there alone (no friend who can come with me), is ouibus a good option from Lyon to Paris?
>>
>>9544216
go looking on blablacar if you can drive
>>
Almost go time for ECG lads
>>
>>9552757
no live this year either, right?
>>
File: france.solo.jpg (97KB, 675x1200px) Image search: [Google]
france.solo.jpg
97KB, 675x1200px
ECG just ended.

I'm gonna go ahead and say France solo will place in the top 3 since they are pretty much granted a spot every year and the group doesn't look that good
>>
Results are out:

3rd solo : Spain - The little Mermaid
2nd solo : Belgium - Mortal Kombat X
1st solo : Finland - Brave

Best Wig Award: Italy solo - Sakizou
Best Make Up Award: Sally from Spain group

3rd group : France - The phantom of the Opera
2nd group : Spain - Nightmare before Christmas
1st group : Switzerland - Krampus
>>
File: groupswitzerland.jpg (84KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
groupswitzerland.jpg
84KB, 1024x768px
Group Winner - Switzerland
>>
File: solofinland.jpg (84KB, 673x674px)
solofinland.jpg
84KB, 673x674px
Solo Winner - Finland
>>
can you watch the performances online? so far costumes looked quite nice (besides fat chubby Starlord and weird head gender bend Ronan) but I would like to see all of them perform
>>
>>9553047
Videos will start poping up in the next few days I hope
>>
>>9553047
Chubbyness aside (both starlord and Ronan were girls) the costumes are actually really nice and well made
>>
File: DEN2HqVXkAAuPiX.jpg (101KB, 674x674px) Image search: [Google]
DEN2HqVXkAAuPiX.jpg
101KB, 674x674px
I'm so sad that Italy solo didn't even place, she was so good...
The costume was very "team Italy" with all the fluff and the sparkles but it was spot on and the mechanical sets and wings were so fucking badass!
>>
>>9553183
They probably were, but on stage and on this level proportions matter
On a competition it's important to play on your strenghts and Starlord wasn't the best cosplay choice for that
>>
>>9553185
The problem with Sakizou costumes is that they're so chock full of details that it's hard to respect proportions and be 100% accurate, so people tend to lose points in that category. I was rooting for her though !
>>
>>9553185
Tbh, I think it's hard to judge a Sakizou cosplay on performance. Since they are illustrations, there is no way to judge on how well you portrait the character
>>
>>9553233
But wouldn't that be the same when the jury doesn't know the character?
>>
>>9553333
It's easy to cgeck up on a character you don't know, especially if the jury gets to know who the contestants are going to cosplay before the contest.

Before I've judged contests I always read up on the characters I'm not familiar with
>>
>>9553183
You could see that they were both girls by the way they acted (which was really bad and awkward by the way, does anyone know if that was their second time on stage after the prelims?) and walked on stage. I felt a little sorry for them because it seemed like noone gave them feedback while the rehearsals or even earlier
>>
>>9553379
the judges do not get a list of the charachters/series beforehand.

The participants may (or may not) post their wips and costumes beforehand online, a judge may or may not see this and then decide to look for info, but I'ld doubt that.
>>
>>9526043
incase ur still wondering about the drama thing, the french team basically copied a skit from the ecg finals the year before. Don't remember which country the original was from, but the likeness was too uncanny between the two. I was in the audience for both performances and thought it was the same people + act at first when the french people did it the year after
>>
>>9555941
Actually the judges do get a list, and they see the progress submitted by each entry in advance.
>>
>>9556119
It was the Danish entry's qualifier skit that they copied. Exact same from start to finish, including the stage props
>>
>>9556158
oh shit yeah, ur right. Weird that they weren't disqualified for pulling that shit
>>
>>9555941
>>9556122
I thought it was weird that they wouldn't get a list before. Like I said then, if you are a serious judge you will do a bit of research on all the characters you don't recognize just to have a small knowledge about all the characters. This is why Sakizou cosplays will be harder to judge since there is no character personality (unless you cosplay Sakizous version of Snow White etc.)

In the biggest contest in my country they have actually banned illustration cosplays for that very reason.
>>
>>9556158
Can you post the videos here pls? Now I'm curious
>>
>>9557422
Will do later
>>
>>9557422
Danish group in 2015 finals
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_dSmEC_uw20
>>
>>9557422
French group winner in 2016 qualifiers
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R8QcwT8lsyc
>>
>>9557444 you vs >>9557438 the guy she told you not to worry about
>>
>>9557422
>>9557438
it's even more blatant if you look at the danish preliminary act from 2015
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KuANVelwsoM
it's the exact same act that was performed by team france a year later
>>
>>9557792
WTF?! How stupid do you have to be be to copy an act from the exact same competition from just the year before?!
And how stupid does the jury have to be to allow it?

This is ridiculous!
>>
>>9560206
I suppose the jury didn't know and by the time it was revealed, it was too late to backpedal ? They could have canceled their win and selected the runner ups instead, though.
>>
>>9560253
They didn't. One of them when they knew of that tried to have the staff change the winners but they said no, because they didn't want any drama and because there was no actual rules against it at the time.
>>
>>9560483
Are there now?
>>
>>9560253
So the ECG preliminaries juries in JE had not seen the skit from one of the top 3 groups from the year before? That's either bullshit or very poor jury selection!

I can accept that they might not have known about the skit from the Danish preliminaries that was almost 100% the same, but they must have known about the skit from the final, that was still almost the same

Performance supposedly counts 50% in ECG judging and just the fact that it wasn't original should cost them a fair amount of points, even if copying acts isn't actually forbiden!

I could understand if it were a smaller country where there might not be any other decent group competing, buth the french selections usually have a crazy high level, was there seriously no other group that could win?
>>
>>9560537
I don't think so, the issue was kind of swept under the rug.
The only thing I read from the organizers was them replying to someone and saying that the french and danish teams had talked and it was all ok.
Which I highly doubt, since one of the danish sisters basically gave up on cosplay after that...
>>
>>9560572
Really? Which one, didn't the younger one barely cosplay anyway
>>
>>9561192
Yes it was the younger one. She was in fact a less active cosplayer than her sister but after the whole copied act drama she was like "this is shit, I've hade enough work stolen in my life to be okay with it happening in cosplay as well. bye"
And then disapeared from social media and cosplay competitions. I don't know if she still atends cons since I don't know her personally and I'm not from Denmark
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uBQVdgw37fQ
Some good cosplay moments in this video.
>>
>>9560572If they said so it was a lie
>>
>>9560572
This whole situation is highly suspicious, especially because I've heard rumours of ECG being rigged in team France's favour before. Don't know if this is true though, but it certainly would explain why the organizers would lie in their favour about this
>>
>>9561984
Of course it's bias towards France they want their country and mates to win, they don't even try to hide it
Thread posts: 55
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.