[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I love Lolita and have worn it for ages. I'm now 32 &

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 2

File: LDSCP00016_6.jpg (301KB, 750x1125px) Image search: [Google]
LDSCP00016_6.jpg
301KB, 750x1125px
I love Lolita and have worn it for ages. I'm now 32 & while I have aged it up (longer skirts, no sweet, etc) I don't want to quit.

Is it weird to keep wearing it? Do I have to normie it up now?
>>
>>9503109
Bruh, wearing lolita is weird to begin with but we do it anyway. Give no fucks.
>>
>>9503109
>have worn it for ages
But apparently you've never been active in an (online) community because new people ask this all the time
>>
DESU I try not to but I don't wanna be seen as some pedo/age play person if I'm 50 lel
>>
>>9503119
Your okay with it now? When is cgl's obsession with ageplay going to end?
>>
>>9503118
this
>>
I've been on comms in the past but never really cared til I got old.

I hate the age play obsession too desu but..
>>
>>9503109
There are several lolitas much older than 32 and there will be more as time goes on, and I'm glad to see it. I think if lolitas are at least behaved as lovelies in public spaces then no one will get a bad impression of any kind. Maybe once in a while a negative reaction but at least for me they are rare and I wear lolita alone in public quite often.

I know it's a bit mean because this is a bad example in my opinion, but sometimes I think to myself, "Hey, if Andrea from Atlanta can do it ANYONE can". And she even still wears Sweet. I'm not sure how old she is but she has certain disadvantages that most of us will never face.
>>
you only have to worry about being confused with an ageplayer if you're wearing sweet or maybe own a ton of those satellite bonnets
but whatever, just go for kawaii-grandma-kei.
>>
>>9503184
Thx anon

I don't know who that is but it's reassuring to not be the only older Lolita.

>>9503185
Thankfully I was never really into sweet so the transition was easy enough. My love of wearing Takuya Angel might be a little harder but that's so out there that no one is going to think "adult baby thankfully
>>
File: IMG_3263.jpg (14KB, 168x192px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3263.jpg
14KB, 168x192px
>>9503185
What is a satellite bonnet? I like Triple Fortune bonnets in shape and theme because they look like elegant Victorian lady bonnets and not like tall Baby Huey bonnets.
>>
/cgl/: lolita is for everyone!! lolita at any age!! wear whatever you want!!
also /cgl/: WEH OLDER PERSON IN LOLITA NASTY AGEPLAYER GROSS DRESS YOUR AGE OLDLADYFACE

there is no way to win OP, just wear what you want
>>
>>9503109
>32 years old
>Uses the word Normie

Lady, your fashion choices are the least of your worries, yikes.
>>
>>9503244
>lol normies OUR word amirite guise
>>
>>9503233
Most of cgl has common sense to know when it's someone into age play and someone who really is into the fashion anon. They call ageplay when it looks like age play. As in hugging bears and wearing tight fitted baby doll tees like ageplayers do.
>>
>>9503257
so normal sweet lolitas being called ageplayers for wearing pastels is called for? i don't think that's common sense
>>
>>9503233
Cgl is more likely to just call older lolitas "old hags" or grannies than accuse them of ageplay. Not every woman is going to retain a youthful face but cgl is pretty harsh about it.
>>
>>9503244
yeah using words ironically on the internet is pretty bad
>>
>>9503109
>28
>career
>sweet lolita

I don't think so. These are things that help me feel more comfortable, and receive better reactions.

> wear things that fit well and look good. that matters more than if it's weird or normie
Beyond a certain age, no one will give you the benefit of the doubt that you are an otherwise mentally fit person who is still learning a hobby or subculture. We are expected by now to know where on our bodies a waist should fall, what skirt lengths or color palettes work for us, have been on at least one date, held at least one job, and know how to accommodate for those occasions. But I think the expectation that all niche hobbies should go in order to "grow up" is silly. You're just expected to be able to execute them with more polish by now.

This was super hard for me, because I still try out substyles and themes I suck(ed) at, so I did those while with my comm, so I don't look like a lone, addled duck.

>wear cuts that have more mature silhouettes
I still sweet it up, but with low waist or underbust jsks, shoes with narrower toe boxes and slimmer heels, bishop sleeves and standing collars instead of puff sleeves and peter pan, etc. Sounds like you're already doing something similar.

>when in doubt, wear normie colors
Sometimes I just really don't want any chance of sticking out, so I just rock black or navy, printless and grounded looks.

No one cares, and I'm going to be fucking weird old prune regardless, so do you.
>>
>>9503269
Those are just shitposts, don't take them seriously.
>>
>>9503269
I don't think you understand sarcasm in Lolita fashion anon. Maybe you need to lurk more lolita threads to know when it's serious claims versus the ongoing memes we use in jest.
>>
>>9503289
because calling people fetishists is funny right
>>
>>9503286
That does make a lot of sense and I guess it's true.. we're all going to get old AF and die so why not just dress how we want. My only fear would be weirding people out TOO much and hurting my job prospects and all that.

But I think of myself in a well-cut and fitted gothic ensemble and I believe I look a hell of a lot better than a middle-aged white trash lady in ill-fitting neon shorts and flip flops.
So hey.
>>
>>9503292
Anon. You know how when a toddler or a slightly stupid bird learns a new word and that's ALL he says for weeks?
Well with cgl, sometimes it's months or years.
>>
>>9503300
By 32 wouldn't most lolitas either have a career where they know they can wear toned down lolita or they don't and therefore know how to keep them apart.
>>
>>9503306
decades*
>>
>>9503309
My circumstances have forced a career change. I wouldn't really wear lolita to work in a lot of cases but just being seen on the street can have repercussions in some places.
>>
>>9503311
Thankfully I haven't been here that long but I don't know whether to be comforted or depressed. We used to play lolita cards against humanity, the draw threads weren't invaded by saltines much. I guess cgl will have to someday get off its own lawn soon.
>>
>>9503312
Well do you live in a place where it could have repercussions? It's certainly something to consider.
>>
>>9503324
It only would if people mistook me as some fetishistic age-player but I don't think it's a concern when I'm not in sweet.
>>
>>9503292
Found the ageplayer.

Really anon. Take a chill pill and sit down.
>>
>>9503109
Keep wearing lolita. Die in it if you still like it then. Rock it girl
I'm not even joking when I say I want to be buried in Baby
>>
>>9503841
<3 That's amazing

Just don't bury yourself in a rare print or you'll have people digging it up :o
>>
>>9503300
Whatever you do in your personal life should not hurt your career, provided it is ethical and legal.
If you got fired because somebody found out you wore a pink dress, you could sue the employer for more burando money
>>
>>9504157
This isn't true for every country and it can also impact your career if you're expected to uphold a certain amount of professionalism (let's say a CEO)

For most jobs in countries that aren't hardass like Japan you can do whatever on your personal time.
>>
>>9504157
You are naive. In an ideal world it shouldn't but it's common when it does.
They wouldn't fire you for wearing a pink dress but if they don't like your conduct in or out of work, they will find another 'reason' or rely on a technicality to let you go. To sue them, you'd have to prove connection.

Off-work activities can really affect your career so people should be cautious. Not inhibited but it's good to think.
>>
>>9503109
I didn't start wearing sweet until I was 26... Fuck it, wear what you want. You'restill going to look crazy in a nice basic classic coord, I know this from experience (solid IW OP with a petti, plain tights, and hat is still outlandish when everyone wears sweats, jeans, and flip flops)
>>
Serious question- wtf kind of shit job are y'all doing taking care of yourselves to make there be a noticable difference from your early twenties and older thirties? The only women in their thirties I know who look noticeably older than their twenties all have serious health issues (illness, addiction, becoming landwhales). If you take care of yourself, people shouldn't even be able to tell whether or not you're 32 or 22.
>>
>>9504536
Shit, I meant early thirties, not older thirties.
>>
>>9504151
Lol I tend to like stuff that isn't super popular so I'll be fine.
Besides I'm still young (almost 21!) so I got all the time in the world before dying.
But,well,I could maybe die tomorrow or even next week,next month,...we all could. That's why I think it's important to do what makes you happy and wear things we like.
The key is adaptating. Like, sugary sweet probably won't look good on me at 40. That doesnt mean I'll stop wearing pastel colors but I'll tone it down, go for more "mature" accessories than a head eating bow (even just a simpler,smaller bow because i love my bows),...
Unless you don't really feel like wearing lolita anymore or take a break (we don't know what tomorrow is made up), never give up! No matter your age. Lolita til death.
>>
>>9503109
Hello, fellow 32 year old seagull. I'm going to be 33 this year and still wear lolita. I've "luckily" never been a fan of how sweet looks on me so I suppose my wardrobe is age appropriate. I just love wearing clothes that make me feel feminine, and probably won't stop any time soon. You do you anon.
>>
>>9503233
Where in this site are people saying lolita is for everyone? People here constantly bash fat people, ugly people, and anyone that looks bad in lolita.
>>
Can you post more pictures of examples? I can't picture the look.
>>
what is this "maturity" shit re: lolita fashion? like i get tailoring your wardrobe more to your lifestyle as you get older and priorities shift, or having a better idea of what shapes look good on you, but why is there this apparent push to move away from certain colors or motifs as you age?
>>
>>9504255
This only applies to right to work places. If you're in a place with a union they defend you. I lived in both right to work to work states and union states. Union statws are more about defending you when it comes to your employment status. Also protects you from an employer letting you go for some fabricated reason.
Thread posts: 45
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.