[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What gets you unreasonably salty? >fake RHS, if they're

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 200
Thread images: 21

File: 1425979690.jpg (44KB, 610x455px) Image search: [Google]
1425979690.jpg
44KB, 610x455px
What gets you unreasonably salty?

>fake RHS, if they're not real VW you're a peasant
>visible bloomers
>jewelry that only matches the outfit colorwise
>>
Inb4 the thread gets detailed because you said peasant
>>
>>9491353
>visible bloomers
fuck you i love old school with peeking bloomers
>>
>>9491353
Fight me I love visible bloomers with a passion.
>>
>>9491353
>visible bloomers
Could not agree more.
>>
the bloomers deal, is it specific to certain styles of lolita or what?
>>
I want to slap everyone who posts secondhand links outside of the dream dress thread.
>>
>>9491717
Mostly old school.
>>
>>9491679
if u love oldschool why dont u call them drawers like we did in the good old days
>>
>>9491771
No one did that
>>
>>9491724
Why? Plenty of people in the oldschool thread are looking.
>>
>>9491353
>fake RHS
You're out of your mind if you think people should pay $500 for a pair of shoes.

This whole Cakes and Couture thing has made me insanely salty.
>>
>>9491773
we did... bloomers were bloomers and long bloomers were drawers. it even say's so in my comm's guidebook that hasn't been updated for years
>>
>>9491823
you can get real rhs for way less than 500usd, even new.. and we normally pay 300usd for dresses,why not pay that for shoes you're going to keep for years?
>>
Fat people
>>
>>9491823
>You're out of your mind if you think people should pay $500 for a pair of shoes
How is this any different than with the dresses? Just like with the dresses, no one is making you buy anything. If you want cheap knock offs, go ahead, but don't be shocked when people think you're being trashy.
>>
>>9491838
Same. But I know it's because my mother raised me to be anorexic. It's nothing personal against fat people, but I feel disgusted by them, and I feel like fat people look even more fat in lolita.
>>
>>9491838
This has to be the same person in every thread lol
>>
When the wind flattens my skirt and petticoat against my legs.
Shit gets me unreasonably angry.
>>
>>9491844
That's kind of sick. I would seek some therapy, anon. None of that seems like a healthy mindset, even for a gull.
>>
>>9491823
Most of my sneakers are around that price if not more, and I don't even lolita
>>
>>9491353
I'd die before wasting 500 dollars on shoes. What if they get scuffed? It's not exactly the same as a dress to me. Even second hand, I'm eh on. I feel like the "replica shoes" argument is really old too. Didn't we finally agree that it's not like stealing art?
>>
>>9491906
SAME ANON, SAME

>>9491929
I just don't feel like shoes that expensive are worth it. I'd be paranoid about dirt and damage too much to even wear them.
>>
>>9491937
I'm the opposite with shoes lol, they're usually made out of the most durable materials and there's a lot of repellent and cleaning materials out there!
>>
Lolitas who think they are better than anyone else for any reason relating to the fashion. You're a freak in a weird dress, and I say that as a lolita.

And yeah, I see the inb4, but this "peasant" shit has to go. Call someone an ita if you must, cringelord.
>>
>>9491353
Comm. related; Situations where I don't want to fight, but I'm right and the only way to prove my point would be to bury someone. But it I do that then I'll be a "bully".
>>
>>9491937
Shoes that expensive typically don't damage easily unless you're being retarded with them, it's part of what you're paying for.
>>
>>9492238
95% off the time people here use peasant, it's a joke, anon...
>>
>>9491932
If you don't want to pay $500 for shoes, that's totally reasonable but just like with dress replicas, it doesn't entitle you to support art theft free of judgement. Buying replicas of a shoe as uniquely designed as RHS is no better than dress replicas.
>>
>>9491353
unbalanced, unsightly coord collages
>>
>>9491927
It's unfortunate that anon was raised anorexic, but it's completely natural to be disgusted by fat people. It's far more unhealthy than (mild) anorexia.
>>
>>9491353
cosplay thots thinking they deserve any respect
>>
>>9491838
Same. Fortunately there are only three fat girls in my comm but I hate being stuck at a table with them because all they do is complain about brands not making clothes for 'curvy' girls, telling us how 'lucky' we are and scrounging off other people's plates.
>you weren't going to eat it anyway
Yes I was, what the fuck
>ugh I hate people who can eat cake but stay skinny
Everyone can stay slim while eating cake occasionaly. Keyword being occasionally and maybe stick to only the portion you were given? But of course you can't say that, because that's fat shaming and it makes you an oppressive shitlord.

The fat boyfriends are even worse. They show up to meetups just to eat our food and complain about everything. If you hate lolita meetups so much why are you here? Oh right, free food.
>>
Take your facial piercings out when you cosplay holy shit.
>>
File: _20170525_103922.jpg (38KB, 629x381px) Image search: [Google]
_20170525_103922.jpg
38KB, 629x381px
>>9491823
>>9491932
>>9491937
>$500
>>
>>9491821
I'd rather see people who want those dresses get them, not people who are too lazy to check the auction sites.
>>
Crossplaying girls trying to be sexy men. Especially fatties. I don't get it because I don't hate fat people and I think Naomi Watanabe is fucking cute but something about fat girl crossplay really pisses me off.
>>
>>9492502
Holy shit anon really? Not the other anon but every time I've looked for them they've been much more expensive than regular price, the super shiny ones, or from questionable ebay sellers. Do you have a link?
>>
>>9491906
>>9491906
Are you me? I live by the sea where it's always windy by default. I had to stop posting my outfits online because everyone kept accusing me of not wearing a petticoat or not styling my hair just because the wind destroys everything after 10 minutes. It also just doesn't look nice in pictures when your hair is blowing in one direction and in front of your face all the time.
>>
>>9492509
It's even better when they're cosplaying athletic/skinny boys from Free or whatever fujo bait series.
>>
>>9492532
The shiny ones look way better with modern Lolita tho. I only use my leather ones for oldschool.
>>
>>9492502
link pls
I really want them in black, Melissa or leather doesn't matter to me, but none of the Europe-based stores I've checked have them in stock.
>>
>>9492575
The are available in a variety of leathers

>>9492582
Contact Worlds End via email or phone, they're handmade to order usually
>>
>>9492439
It... Really isn't though. If someone said "It's completely natural to be disgusted by thin people" then this board would go absolutely apeshit.
The fact that people are less disgusted with having an actual illness that can kill and hospitalize you ON ITS OWN than someone who's 200 pounds and doesn't want to lose weight.
Being extremely obese is dangerous, because it can put stress on your organs. You're putting the same stress on your organs with anorexia though.
The most common cause of death for both obese people and anorexics? Heart disease. You're one in the same. I don't see how it's okay to see one as disgusting and the other as okay, especially when one carries just as much risk, if not more.

>inb4 fatty comments
I'm at the gym at least three times a week, normally more (when my job allows.)
>>
File: Screenshot_20170525-095444.png (476KB, 1049x1295px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20170525-095444.png
476KB, 1049x1295px
>>9492502
Google is your friend.
>>
>>9492673
it is actually completely normal to be disgusted by obviously unhealthily thin people as well, nobody here would debate that unless they have mental problems. honestly you're an idiot. both too fat and too thin are gross, it's just people judge the fatties harder because it's seen as an extreme lack of self control
>>
File: 011_1480194044.png (279KB, 717x986px) Image search: [Google]
011_1480194044.png
279KB, 717x986px
>sweet print OTKs
they make legs look super stumpy. not to mention OTKs are for the weak
>people talking during panels
fucking christ, you don't need to go "mmmm!" yea! uh-uh!" after everything the panelist says
>when people call out to/call you the name of the character you're cosplaying to talk to you like you're the actual character
>>
>cosplay gurl gets table in artist alley
>two prints of her in actual cosplay
>the rest are boudoir modeling. Not even cosplay boudoir
I get it, this allows you expand your audience. But it still perturbs me.
In the same vein
>cosplay gurl gets artist alley booth
>pretends they're some kind of guest
We all know sweetie.
>>
>>9493038
>OTKs are for the weak
Explain
>>
>>9492673
>>9493028
This. Also, extremely thin people aren't really as noticeable because it's easily hidden by clothing, you only really see it in the face and arms. They're also much less common. Also, it's much more natural, children are much thinner than adults and chasing the look of children is a common feminine beauty ideal. In any case I wouldn't really describe the response to any extremely skinny person disgust, it's more pshycisl discomfort.

Whereas disgust is the natural response to fatasses. Gluttony is a sin while restraint isn't for a reason, its not just physically grotesque, it's also morally and spiritually offensive. In any case, neither should be encouraged - but if anything is, thin is better because at least it'll shift the "overton window" of normal weight more towards healthy standards. You don't do anyone any favors with fat acceptance, they should be shamed for their own good.
>>
>>9493071
>morally and spiritually offensive
9/10 troll.
>>
>>9493089
look, just because you let yourself go doesn't mean others don't find it morally reprehensible. It is a fact that people find overweight individuals gross and lazy, and it's a fact that A LOT of people will take issue with it.

If it bothers you that much just lose weight.
>>
>>9493099
But how is starving yourself any less abominable, if you're so religious? You're denying sustanence for vanity.
>>
File: IMG_3572.jpg (75KB, 354x436px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3572.jpg
75KB, 354x436px
>>9493028
>>9493071
These have to be trolls, so let's not take the bait. If you're too underweight, you need to gain to be healthy. If you're too obese, you need to lose to be healthy. That's pretty basic science desu.
>>
>>9493099
I just find it laughable that anyone can be a bitch on 4chan of all places and try to claim a moral or spiritual high ground.
>>
>>9493111
>But how is starving yourself any less abominable, if you're so religious?
Wee lad, do you have no familiarity with religious history or practice?

Religion isn't what I meant anyway, learn what spirituality means.
>>
Well, looks like the thread's gone to shit over a weight debate. See y'all in the next one.
>>
>>9493121
I mean considering that religion isn't a part of my life, no. Religion and spirituality don't matter to everyone, and 4chan isn't exactly the pinnacle of morality. It doesn't matter to me and really doesn't have anything to do with lolita fashion. Just get over the fact that starving or stuffing yourself isn't healthy, please.
Being too thin is disgusting. Being obese is disgusting. What you feel is not physical discomfort vs disgust or any bullshit like that. You shouldn't feel sympathy for one and disgust for the other. Both. Are. Gross.
Your skin should crawl just like it should when you see someone morbidly obese. If not, you're just being entirely hypocritical and probably need to work on your own self image.
There is a range for healthy weights. It's really not that difficult to stay there with some work unless you have medical problems.
Proper weights are most kawaii. If you have to be underweight to fit a skirt, it isn't worth it. Eating disorders aren't cute, and too many people have them to keep normalizing and beautifying them.
>sage for almost entirely ot
>>
>>9493117
Is anon wrong though?
>>
>>9493138
Nah I don't know why you need to be so reductionist. Thin isn't gross like fat is. One looks like a pig, the other looks like a holocaust victim. You dont see the latter and think "disgusting."

Also anorexia isn't fit for lolita but it definitely is relevant to other fashions, heroin chic, slimane ysl etc. Like it or not, it's fashionable - people joke/lie about being anorexic because it makes them look cool.
>>
>>9493111
>what is fasting
>a major element in religions WORLD WIDE

Anon, I dunno what to tell you. Just sounds like you're grossly misinformed about life in general.

Self restraint is HIGHLY valued and seen as one of the best qualities one can possess as a human.
>>
>>9493138
Why should your skin crawl when you look at someone suffering from an illness
Aneorexia is an illness, obesity is usually just being fat and lazy and sitting on your ass all day
>>
>>9493140
Religion is immoral in the first place because it impedes human progess, gives people fucked up complexes and causes unreasonable hate all in the name of sky genies and really fucking old books that have been rewritten hundreds of times.
>>
there is no bigger lolita/cosplay crime than being fat.

Nothing comes even remotely close.

Not even those bikini basic bitches, deadpools, steroid meatheads wearing a dress desperate for attention, fat tumblrs cosplaying as "OC", fursuits or creepy middle eastern photographers trying to get soma dem underaged pussy.
>>
>>9493147
>Anorexia is a disease!
>B-but not binging. That's not a symptom of depression or OCD at all desu!
You need to try again.
>>
>>9493162
Try again bait-chan, this isn't even good.
>>
File: IMG_9571.jpg (17KB, 300x441px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_9571.jpg
17KB, 300x441px
>>9493147
Especially when it's an illness that undeniably looks good (depending on the degree) as well as often falls within the normal boundaries of human health - I used to date a girl who always got shit at modeling gigs because her natural body fat was low enough that people kept thinking she was anorexic. She definitely wasn't. I know quite a few people who've suffered from it, and it's terrible, but you're kidding yourself if you think it doesn't look good, the illness is largely rooted in chasing that aesthetic extreme, even when it gets to the point of sickliness it's still carries a powerful waifishness.

What can you say about gluttons? They're just indulgent pigs. They're an insult to femininity.
>>
File: IMG_3469.jpg (140KB, 500x667px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3469.jpg
140KB, 500x667px
>>9493142
Pigs are far cuter than this desu
>>
File: IMG_3472.jpg (93KB, 603x543px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3472.jpg
93KB, 603x543px
>>9493171
>undeniably looks good
Anorexia so kawaii desu! Let's romanticize it more!
>>
>>9493167

spot the whale
>>
>>9493050
Thighhighs or die
>>
>>9493177
Have you ever been to a gym in your life bait-chan?
>>
File: IMG_9573.jpg (54KB, 273x403px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_9573.jpg
54KB, 273x403px
>>9493174
>>9493176
That's obviously a much more serious case than we're discussing. That's like me using 800lb girls as an example to prove fatasses are gross. Anything over 25 BMI and youve fucked up big time, ~20 is ideal, under 18 you're technically anorexic but it doesn't get grotesque until you're below 15. Kate moss etc was ~17, pic related was reportedly 15
>>
>>9493187
How does this not look grotesque? Anorexia is real fucking gross. Take it from someone who knows.
>>
>>9491353
>Floordinates on tile or linoleum floors
>When you can't get the pattern on your socks/tights symmetrical
>really specificly themed coords and meet-ups
>>
>>9493187
This looks pretty gross to me anon, your own biases aren't objective fact.
>>
>>9493142
>the other looks like a holocaust victim. You dont see the latter and think "disgusting."
If this isn't bait you're fucked in the head.
>>
>>9493197
My pet peeve is when people only post floordinates.
>>
Cosplayers who wear Lolita and cosplayers who comment in Lolita posts
>>
Lolitas who wear cosplay and lolitas who comment in cosplay posts.
>>
>>9491353
>getting this upset about replica RHS when VW RHS are also design replicas

Please have several seats
>>
File: 1431426768852.png (72KB, 594x595px) Image search: [Google]
1431426768852.png
72KB, 594x595px
>>9493296
>>
File: soledad_miranda_modelo.jpg (132KB, 737x589px) Image search: [Google]
soledad_miranda_modelo.jpg
132KB, 737x589px
>>9493207
>your own biases aren't objective fact
Really, I'd say you're guilty of believing exactly that. These are supermodels that were beauty icons in their time, they're not my own biases. Even if you personally find them "disgusting," that's your personal biases that you're trying to treat as objective fact. It's not relevant in a discussion on what's normal to consider things disgusting. The fact is these women are considered attractive, and fat people disgusting. There might be people who disagree and actually find fat attractive and thin disgusting, but they're anomalies, and it's likely just fetishistic in nature - the same definitely cannot be said for thin.

This discussion is stupid. It's just a bunch of rationalization trying to justify fat gluttons or equate them with excessive thinness. They will never be the same. One is obsessive work on the aesthetics of one's own body (yes, sometimes to the point of debilitation), the other is total disregard for one's body in the name of destructive self indulgence. Fat will always be ignoble, it will always evoke an impulsive reaction of disgust, and it has no place in any fashion.
>>
>>9493312
Average is so much cuter than low body weights though.
>>
>>9493273
>lolitas who comment in cosplay posts.
How can you know if an anon is a lolita though? And what about this makes you salty?
>>
>>9493312
okay, w/e

and for reference, I'm slim and not into fat girls. I'm just even less into underweight girls either, especially after having been anorexic in the past and knowing how much if fucks your body up. but whatever you need to justify your anorexia to yourself, I guess.
>>
>>9493411
That comment is just someone copying the previous comment
>>
>>9493312
Obessity is as repulsive as anorexia. This is a fucking objective fact and if you don't agree, you belong to the small spectrum of fat/anorexic fetishistic nuts. Both are ugly and are a disease. Deal with it.
>>
>>9493197
Shoes directly on floordinates
Those new rockabilly shoes
>>
>>9493814
Oh wow I can't believe I didn't notice that. Well that's enough internet for one day.
>>
>>9493174
This girl is 65% of why I don't go on lolcow. Seeing pics of her genuinely depresses me.
>>
>>9493171
I'd say both are an insult to femininity. Fatties have their feminine features obscured by their weight and anorexics have the bodies of starving Asian boys.
>>
>>9493312
Your exact same argument could be applied to fatties. Ever look at classic paintings? Fat women were fetishised for centuries, the super thin look didn't become desirable until the 1950's.

Though I'd be lying if I said I was unhappy with the shift...
>>
>>9494097
>fat women were fetishised for centuries

This isn't actually true, if you go back and look 90% of the paintings depicted women of what would be a higher but still normal BMI. Stop altering facts to fit your flab
>>
File: 1462348791706.jpg (6KB, 275x275px) Image search: [Google]
1462348791706.jpg
6KB, 275x275px
>>9494097
>super thin look didn't become desirable until the 1950's

Yeah all the 50's movie stars and pin ups were shapeless twigs.

>Fat women were fetishised for centuries
It was literally one artist in the west. The women there were still smaller and more proportional than the average tumblrina.
>>
>>9494151
>It was literally one artist in the west
Anon, take an art history class.
>>
>>9494098
Idk anon, they look pretty fat to me. Maybe it's because your assumption about me being fat is wrong, I'm actually pretty thin, so I don't think you need to be obese to be considered fat to feel better about myself.
>>
>>9494341
>they look pretty fat to me

I think you're either a troll or delusional. I'm thin as well but I don't automatically look at women heavier than me and label them as fat. There IS such a thing as average
>>
>>9494336
We're talking about way beyond morbidly obese considering anon called pin ups girls who were only 10-15 pounds lighter than most medieval paintings "super thin."
>>
>>9493174
what the fuck? this can't be real, it has to be photoshopped
>>
>>9493907
Anorexia kills you a lot fucking faster though.
>>
>>9493174
who is this?
>>
>>9494097
>the super thin look didn't become desirable until the 1950's.
Uh, have you ever seen a single image from the 1920s? I'm not even trying to argue with you about fatness vs thinness but this statement is the opposite of the truth.
>>
>>9494368
>>9494861
>not knowing who Ashley is
>>
>>9494932
no, i don't, who is she
>>
>>9494963
Ashley Isaacs. Anorexic girl who is also a massive cunt.
>>
>>9496974
thank you
>>
>>9492470
How much of a beta shitbitch are you to have people be stealing food from your plate? You sound dumb.
>a wild horde of fat men also show up to the meet and eat the food next!!!!
Or maybe just hold a private meet instead of acting hardcore online when irl you're a do nothing cuckold hiding behind excuses.
It's not because of their weight, it's because you're a coward and probably get taken advantage of by anybody.
>>
>>9497281
In her defense shes probably afraid they'd get eaten if she speaks up
>>
>>9497291
She might as well end it considering how miserable she sounds because of rampant fatties apparently doing flashmob raids at dining establishments.
>>
>>9491844
I feel the same way. I think get people look even fatter surrounded by frills in pastel colors and round bonnets. Am I saying they shouldnt wear it? No. But I don't like it.

Brolitas. Sorry, not sorry, I don't like them at all.

TaoBao closet with no burando at all. At least get some Japanese brand accessories, it's a Japanese street fashion not a Chinese one.

The new plastic VW + Melissa RHS, too shiny and they have cheap-looking ribbons.

People crying that the Bible went out of print but they never actually bought the magazine to support it.

I'm getting long bloomers otherwise known as DRAWERS for this coming winter. If someone whines about my personal underwear style, they are way too concerned.
>>
>>9493071
I know this is probably bait, but just in case you actually believe this

>they should be shamed for their own good.

you should know that studies on this very phenomena have shown that people who are shamed for being fat, on average, lose less weight. Because if you see yourself as garbage, you're less motivated to try and fix it. An overweight person who receives positivity is more likely to show love to their body by fixing their diet and exercising.

So, it's fine if you just personally enjoy fat shaming people. But don't hide behind the moral curtain of "it's for their own good" because it's not. Stop being a coward and just admit it makes you feel better about yourself to hate fat people.
>>
>>9492470
>free food.
You mean you don't pay for entry or go to a café where people have to pay for their own food?
>>
>>9497314
>The new plastic VW + Melissa RHS, too shiny and they have cheap-looking ribbons.
I absolutely fucking loathe them and seeing them used in oldschool coords ruffles my jimmies big time but I feel mean bringing it up.
>>
>>9497314
>People crying that the Bible went out of print but they never actually bought the magazine to support it

YES
This bothers me so much
>>
>>9497314
>People crying that the Bible went out of print but they never actually bought the magazine to support it.
To be fair I think it went out of print because of some mess with the publishing company, not because no one was buying it. I could be wrong though.
>>
>>9497353
Don't feel mean, you like what you like...that's not like saying 'don't wear them' to anyone but not all of us are gonna like something. It's ok to be honest and say that you personally don't prefer them without shitting on someone for wearing them. People forget that there's a difference. And VW brand has thrown some clunker items that end up on clearance, just like every other brand. Their Melissa plastic shoes are a cheaper collab and only going to appeal to certain people. It's intended that way.

Lots of people adore the plastic jewelry that a certain precious Japanese brand releases but I dislike it because (to me) it looks a lot like kid's items from the dollar store. But it's Holy Japanese Burando and some people are going to always like it.
That's just the way it goes.

Overall I'm glad for diversity in lolita fashion despite disliking certain things because just one or two sub-styles alone are not enough to kept the fashion alive. So I'm good with the stuff I dislike being someone else's favorite thing. I'm annoyed that any civil conversation about likes and dislikes almost always devolves into name-calling and shit-posting though.
>>
>>9497353
I love them, but if people are trying to be accurate they shouldn't be worn with oldschool and you're free to point that out to them on CoF. I think they look better with chiffon dresses than my leather ones.
>>
File: birth of venus.jpg (472KB, 2000x1196px) Image search: [Google]
birth of venus.jpg
472KB, 2000x1196px
>>9494097
kek
Are you actually retarded? Fat women weren't fetishized at all. The standards in the western world have fluctuated a little bit over the ages, but thin-average-very slightly chubby has always been the range of women that were considered hot.
>>
>>9497416
This is the most mature post I've seen on cgl in a while. Not that it's an uncommon attitude in the community, I just rarely see it posted on here.

I'm with you, I guess. I don't like OTT sweet or painting prints, I think BtSSB is boring and nearly all Meta prints are hideous, but I appreciate that there are people in the community that like those things because it's nice to have the variety around.
>>
>>9497452
she looks chub to me, that ass is huge
>>
>>9493296
VW RHS in leather are the originals, the VW x Melissa are the recent cheaper ones but still not technically replicas. I'm not sure what 'replicas' you are talking about. As far as I know VW did RHS first.
>>
File: Okobo.jpg (86KB, 500x361px) Image search: [Google]
Okobo.jpg
86KB, 500x361px
>>9497508
Maybe because they're inspired by Japanese the okobo/pokurri worn by Japanese maiko? IDK, they're obviously not a replica but maybe she means they're not that original a concept.
>>
>>9493171
>largely rooted in chasing that aesthetic extreme

0/10 it's largely rooted in chasing control or self-punishment with aesthetics as a vessel or even an afterthought
>>
Brand accessories feel like such a waste of money to me.

I have about 80 main pieces, of which about 50-60% are brand (the rest being taobao/indie). I have spent an embarrasing amount of money on lolita. But I can count the amount of brand accessories I have on one hand. I can't justify it; many of them feel so generic and I can find similar things elsewhere for less money.
>>
>>9492470
I just refuse to sit with the fatties anymore, I arrive early to make sure of it. I'm tall and I have my own set of fitting problems that I totally cannot change (height, larger foot) so it makes me mad to hear fat girls cry when they can just lose weight and fit brand fine. Especially when they are stuffing their faces with cake. No thanks. Why do they think their weight is a good topic for public conversations, it's so rude to look for those ass-pats every time at a meet!
And yes, I make do with off-brand pretty shoes and use good underskirts and wear tights instead of socks, all the usual tricks. Also, I don't usually cry about my height to any but my closest friends in private.
But if anons will keep complain so publicly about their fatty problems then yes we will keep mention how tiresome it is to forever hear it.
>>
>>9497619
I've never had this experience until a recent meetup where I sat with this one girl who was pretty young and pretty fat. The entire time she obsessed over how much trouble she had fitting into things and even had it down to the centimeter how much she'd need to lose to fit into a certain piece. Like my friend and I were talking about Melty Mermaid Princess at the other side of the table and she piped up with exactly how many cm she'd need to lose to fit into one of the pieces (10, for the record, is what she said, but she'd need to lose like 30-40 to fit into anything from that range desu)
>>
>>9497637
It's extremely rude and anyone who has this experience should speak with the meet hostess, it really ruins the conversation for the rest of us when the size topic comes up.

How can anyone be so self-centered to think it is ok to divert the conversation topic to their personal body size??

To anyone who does this:
NO ONE cares that you are too fat to fit into x or y dress. Make a thread in the online group about size if you must or join a 'fatties of lolita' kind of group but please remember that the rest of us are attending a meet to enjoy a pleasant time, not to hear you bitch about your weight.
>>
>>9493147
>obesity is usually just being fat and lazy and sitting on your ass all day
Obesity has little to do with being lazy and sitting around all day. Plenty of extremely thin people sit around and do zilch.

The difference is diet. Obesity happens when you live in the west where fat free meals and low calories are promoted. Remove fat and it tastes like shit, replace with sugars. Eating low calories and a ton of carbs will do all kinds of shit to your body and hormones (which control weight and metabolism). Most people in the US have some form of metabolic syndrome even if they aren't even overweight. Most people can't go for awhile without eating because of blood sugar problems. I know people who are extremely thin who can't last one short 4 hour shift at work without eating. Shit's not caused from laziness. Ultimately, it comes down to bureaucracy and a flawed scientific study from the 70's.

Fact is, you can continue to be a lazy shit, even eat fast food but avoid carbs and sugars and still drop weight. You're not going to be as healthy as someone who eats fresh veggies, but your body will still drop weight. Being active is only 20% of weight loss. The rest is entirely diet, and most people are completely oblivious to what they even should be eating.
>>
>>9491859
Yeah, no one else online could possibly dislike fat people, it must be the same person
>>
>>9497314
>The new plastic VW + Melissa RHS, too shiny and they have cheap-looking ribbons.

Exactly my feelings! I think they look like shit. I'd rather have a pair of taobao/bodyline RHS with the matte look and pleather straps than the real Melissa ones.
Also why everyone saying to just go and buy the Melissa ones for cheaper are stupid. I'll wear knockoffs until I have the 1k+ to blow on legit oldschool VW RHS.
>>
>>9498105
They're not 1k+ unless you live in Japan or another country with crazy tax/markup, they're £320 GBP, which is $410. They're expensive, but comparable in price to a brand dress.

Not saying everyone should buy them, I don't have a problem with their replicas, but they're not that high-priced.
>>
>>9498016
>>9497666
>>9497637
>>9497619
Wtf. I've never heard anyone do this, ever. It seems like the issue isn't them being fat, it's their severely shitty attitudes along with poor social skills.
>>
>>9498036
It's most of us and they know it. With the sizing being a known restriction and weight loss being mostly about diet, you'd think the fatty-chans would band together and make a lolita weight loss motivation group instead of just crying about it. If the brands were gonna change much they would have gotten bigger sizes by now. They didn't.

Every year someone is staying fat, it's a year less that they will wear lots of lovely lolita dresses. For 99% of fatties, that's a choice. They need to just face the facts.
>>
>>9498112
It's a combination, they are fat, unhappy, used to bitching about stuff to friends, even if it's overshare. Meetup manners are different and should be a bit more formal and reserved but they are so used to griping that they don't really get it. This is common with anyone who has an 'issue' that they are used to bitching about, sjw do the same thing, some people with 'conditions' do it too. A few people passionate about their 'causes' as well.

If you've never had to sit through one of these kinds of overshare at least once, with your teeth gritted at a meet, you are a lucky one!
>>
>>9498122
>>9498112
In comms I've been in people talking about fit issues with lolita in general is not uncommon and I'd say just as common for average-sized girls as fatty-chans. People complaining that they're too short, too busty, too hourglassy, ribcage too small, shoulders too wide, whatever. People are trying to bond by commiserating over the fact they have the same issues.
>>
>>9498135
Anyone looking at you with abilities to measure and buy brand online knows about your fit issues just by looking at you and most people have at least one. Discussing them at meets is very tedious to me so I guess you can just call me Saltina about this issue.
>>
>>9491353
Rage faces. Now kys
>>
>>9497666
> Speak to the meet hostess
> Because some teenager thinks whining is a real conversation topic

please.
>>
>>9497618
Do you mean headwear or just jewellery? Because brand headwear is beautiful and not comparable to crap from Claire's.
>>
>>9498135
Last time I tried to commiserate with girls complaining about fit issues by sharing my own issues with shoulder width, I was literally told to shut up because I'm skinny and have it easy. I thought about mentioning that they can lose weight but I can't shrink my bones, but though better of it.
>>
>>9498208
Someone has a discreet word with teens (and others) who do this in our comm. They either cut it out or if they continue, people start ignoring them and they stop coming to meets. Of course some groups just let stuff fester then everyone whines here about how awful some people are at meets, is that preferable? Or do you you maybe say something directly to the whiners to shut them up on the spot and then people just think you are a grouchy bitch?
>>
>>9498370
This is common and I feel the same, being tall. Only fatties think they are 'justified' to freely complain when talk turns to fitting even when they can solve their problem easiest of nearly anyone who can't shrink inches, make their frame smaller or miniturize their feet, so that's why it is not a very good conversation topic in a group. It becomes a pissing contest on who has it tougher for fit and we all know the fatties have the worstest trouble evereverever, just ask one! :^)
Meanwhile everyone else is usually just watching them eat while they complain of their fatness.
>>
>>9498376
This. I have a difficult bra size and I can't find big enough cup with small enough band in most stores. Should be a positive problem? What?
>>
>>9498377
I'm stumped too, anon, I can shrink my feet when? But I guess in the fativerse, all problems are magically solved because we are simply not fat so we have it so very easy. That's the impression I get anyway. Even though no burando shoes for me ever, no matter anything I could do.
>>
>>9498376
You're right about it being a pissing contest. I actually enjoy commiserating with others who have fit issues because they're tall or have big feet or whatever because we're all in the same boat. There's nothing we can do to change our skeleton, but we can exchange tips and joke about being linebackerlitas or whatever. But as soon as a fat girl joins the conversation it becomes all about her, how she has it the hardest, how we're all lucky to have 'thin privilege' and how Japanese brands are oppressing her (but not us, due to aforementioned privilege). The entire conversation is ruined. In my experience fat girls are also less likely to accept that brand isn't made to fit them and least willing to try offbrand or indie. Maybe they realize that unlike us, fitting brand is actually within their reach if only they made some changes to their lifestyle. But then those changes never happen.
>>
Since there are all sorts of size and fit issues in lolita, I think it would be funny to make a thread for all fit issues NOT relating to fatness for once. Why not since fatties sometimes make threads here exclusively devoted only to fitting their fatness?
>>
>>9498386
Pretty sure they'd consider that bullying and exclusion.
>>
>>9498391
You think so? Even when they are quick to tell someone legit plus size that they 'aren't fat enough' for the plus size lolita thread, I've seen them do it. "Don't post HER here, she isn't REALLY plus sized"...even when the girl is telling her size and yes, it's plus.
>>
>>9498111
Really? Every 2nd hand pair i've looked at has been 1k plus.

They're $830 a pair for me in AUD from the VW site, so idk why the secondhand ones are pricier....
>>
>>9498362
Not saying brand accessories are poor quality at all, or that there aren't some beautiful pieces, but they just never seemed worth the money to me because of the other options out there which are equivalent in every sense but price.
>>
>>9498457
I've bought a few pieces too but I mostly feel the same, not about the headpieces or bows but mainly about the plastic jewelry. I just can't make myself pay those prices for the plastic pieces.
>>
>>9498457
Most other brand accessories seem to be decent, but the plastic jewelry isn't any better than what you'd get in claires. Breaks just as easily according to my comm.
>>
>girl photo
>very serious facial expression
>shot on dslr
>looking at camera and not actively doing anything

>guy photo
>obviously not taking anything seriously
>shot on a shit cell phone from 2009
>prodding clouds ass with the buster sword or some other equally stupid bullshit

I'm not sure what is worse.
>>
>>9498412
Really.

http://www.viviennewestwood.com/en-gb/shop/womens/accessories/shoes/rocking-horse-ballerina-kid

They're actually one of the cheapest non-plastic shoes on the site despite being made in the UK, I always wondered if VW deliberately kept them cheaper out of a sense of tradition or knowing they're popular with alt subcultures, versus more simply-made shoes that are trendy costing more.
>>
Probably an unpopular opinion as well as a salty one, but I hate when normal people ask girls at a meet what they're wearing and the girls from my comm say "It's from Japan." Or put an emphasis on the -Japanese-ness- of Lolita. I much prefer to just say "it's a street fashion" or "it's inspired by rococo and Victorian styles"

I live in 90% white Midwest.
>>
>>9500002
my stock answer without thinking is just "it's a japanese street fashion" because it's a succinct and accurate reply. that's probably how it is for them as well. but i'm also japanese so hopefully that takes some of the cringe factor out.
>>
>>9500002
I think it depends on where you live, I'm the same and I live in the South. If I lived in a larger metro area or in a city on either coast I might be more forthcoming but I prefer to say, "It's a street fashion, we are a fashion meet group", and then smile politely and move on about my business. People actually point and stare here, it's rude and annoying.
>>
>>9500002
I actually hate girls trotting out the "Victorian and Rococo" line unless they're wearing classic/oldschool at the time. 99% of the time it's girls in OTT sweet prints doing it - they don't look remotely Victorian and it results in confused stares from normies. If you're wearing sweet it's much easier to say it's a Japanese fashion because kawaii culture and cutesy shit coming out of Japan is already somewhat known.
>>
>>9498457
And what other options are you speaking of in terms of headwear?
>>
>>9500101
This bugs me too, so many of them say that but would have a hard time identifying either influence in elements of a dress. It makes them saying it like a rehearsed line in a play sound a little daft.
>>
>>9500101
>>9500238
Well one of the main things is the space it takes, ultra femininity and busy prints (tough I've also heard the busy prints come from wa). As for victorian, the alice-like silhouette. It's the Japanese interpretation so not necessarily accurate, and inspired-by doesn't mean it has to look victorian/rococo
>>
>>9498016
>Be poor
>Eat sandwich meat and bread for most my life
>Can go days without eating since I'm use to hunger so my drive to eat is low
>Still love to eat
>Skinny
MAKES YOU THINK THO XDDDDDddd

Science has already made it abundantly clear how not to be a fat fuck. Anyone who defends obese people is consciously ignoring science, and to me a person that does that, is worth less than dirt.

Be fat, I don't fucking care what you do with your body, don't fucking claim "America did it with bad science" so you can feel good about being different.
Conformity isn't bad. Leave the innovations to truly unique people. Claiming science is wrong and fat is good isn't unique and innovative you cow.
>>
File: cgl whales.png (244KB, 471x405px) Image search: [Google]
cgl whales.png
244KB, 471x405px
well at least this thread answered OP's question in abundance
>>
>>9500101
Same. One time a girl called her bright pink AP chiffon sack dress Victorian to someone I knew to be a historical re-enactor with a focus on the late 19th century, and the look on the woman's face was priceless. I'm not a huge fan of the Glorious Nippon line either, but anything's better than calling it Lolita.
>>
>>9500367
Dude they didn't even say... any of that? They said poor science made its way into the sphere of accepted fact and people are ignorant as to what the actual science says nowadays.

yeah fair enough you should educate yourself, but I don't think you understand how important a foundation of good scientific education is to the ability to understand these things, or to spot and dismiss false things. DNA didn't exist when my parents went to school. No matter how hard I try I can't make my mum understand it because she didn't have a good enough scientific education as a child. She can't spot bad or fake science, again, because the foundation she's working off of is poor, and it's largely too late for her to learn everything again.
>>
>>9500428
Nayrt but my mother was forced to drop out of school at 14, half a century ago, yet still manages to understand what I do at my job as a medical microbiologist. I've overheard her accurately describe it to family members and friends with no input of my own. Same goes for my dad and in-laws. A good scientific foundation is important but lack of it is not the only factor in your mother's inability to learn.
>>
>>9500428
sorry anon but it sounds like your mom is just dumb
>>
>>9492509
This. they all seem to have the same, weird pear-shaped body.
>>
>>9494861
Mr Skeltal. Say "Thank you Mr Skeltal" for good bones and calcium.
>>
>>9500350
>busy prints
Digital printing is a very recent innovation, Victorian era was more simple all-over prints and gobelin. The point is, to a normie, a sweet print doesn't usually look Victorian and you'll have a much easier time using another reference point to avoid them thinking you're winding them up.

my stock responses to "What IS that?"/"Is that a costume?", tailored according to style
>"It's just alternative fashion, you know, like goth or punk?" / "It's just gothic fashion." (bring up how crazy some punks look and how that's still not a costume if they try to say you look so weird you must be in costume)
>"It's not a costume, but it is vintage-inspired! I really like taking influence from the [period your dress most resembles - Victorian, Edwardian, Rococo, 1950s, etc]."
>"I know this may look pretty out there, but this is Harajuku street fashion! I bought this from a Japanese brand called Angelic Pretty."
>"Nah, it's not a costume, I just like dressing like this." <---a lot of anons recommend this line but in my experience most people just flat-out don't believe you so I rarely bother
>>
>>9491353
peaking petticoats are a pet peeve.
>>
>>9500944
>peeking
>>
Steampunk people trying to (and failing) to make everything even slightly vintage steampunk. How many times did I see a clearly gothic dress(black, CROSSES) on Pinterest with a comment like " look at this steampunk dress!". I don't mind the aesthetic, but god the fanbase.
>>
>>9500943
>thinking I was talking about victorian before I said "as for victorian"
>>
>>9501316
I assumed it was a typo since it doesn't make sense for Rococo-era either. That era was ostentatious as fuck but fine damasks and brocades, while extremely fancy, are not busy prints in the lolita sense of a load of detailed illustrations on a dress.
>>
>>9501321
You just have no sense. I don't mean they literally wore detailed teacup prints at that time. Again, influenced or inspired by does not mean it looks like that. But I don't care anymore because I never use that explanation either, I don't see why anyone would tell normies about one or two influences and not the others.
>>
>>9501306
I hate the non historically accurate/slutty steampunk stuff with a passion. People seem to forget its historical origins in favor of OMG BROWN AND GEARS
>>
>>9501329
I get that you mean it's in the same spirit but, again, you're talking to normies and most of them don't have an in-depth knowledge of history or fashion, you've gotta be quite literal.
>>
>>9492571
Have you considered crinolines?
>>
>>9501306
My sister in law keeps re-pinning my wardrobe and wishlist dresses to her "steampunk costume" board on Pinterest. It makes me so salty because many of those are relatively casual dresses that she's seen me wear on a daily basis.
>>
>>9492571
wear a wig
>>
>>9500002
I always say Japanese fashion with the hopes that the normie mentality of "wacky Harajuku" will click things for them and I can leave the convo as quickly as possible
>>
>>9502346
Because wigs are immune to weather right?
>>
File: Steampunk-cell-phone2[1].jpg (132KB, 550x410px) Image search: [Google]
Steampunk-cell-phone2[1].jpg
132KB, 550x410px
>>9501365
>OMG BROWN AND GEARS

enjoy :^)
yeah, this triggers me so much and im not even in the steampunk fandom. I do appreciate it though. I just hate when i see an object with a random cogs pasted on and someone calling it steampunk.
>>
>>9502624
Synthetic wigs hold their style much better than natural hair in various weather because they are not nearly as porous. Not completely foolproof but better.
>>
>>9502754
they're also not as natural looking as actual hair
>>
>>9502752
Don't make me post that song about this, anon. Even other Steampunks dislike it.
You even might say it really grinds their gears.
>>
>>9502756
Correct but sometimes it's an ok trade off. Depends on the person and the wig quality. I'm buying a non-shiny synthetic wig in a stable braided updo style for some of those rainy, humid or windy days. It will be a relief to just pop it on.
>>
>>9502752
>wanna get into the steampunk craze
>genuinely like the fashion
>see all the 'mlady tards and attention whores
Nope nope nope
>>
>>9504118
There are good Steampunks, they are the ones who make things that aren't just gears glued to something. But they are quieter and usually in local groups that form from people who want to make a persona and play it as well as make things and go to events. It's like any other thing, there are the quiet ones who do cool creative stuff, the historical re-enactor crossover people, the ones why sexy it up and the fedoras and attention whores. Look up Steampunk Tendencies on FB and then Airship Isabella as an example of an actual group of Steampunk makers doing it well.
>>
File: 05291050_592b7e53b906b.jpg (303KB, 423x600px) Image search: [Google]
05291050_592b7e53b906b.jpg
303KB, 423x600px
Short bangs like in pic related.
>>
Dabbing in group photo shoots.

When will that die?
>>
Cos-thots
>>
When people complain that livejournal is dead and we need something new. The lolita community didn't want livejournal anymore, otherwise we would still be there because the website itself is actually not dead.
>>
>>9492509
I have this too and I don't really understand why. The best I can gather is that these girls tend to be the worst kind of fangirls and create a bad atmosphere that pushes real guys away who would consider cosplaying these series. Now the only guys you see cosplay these are rare and tend to be creeps who just want that cheap fujo snatch.
>>
>>9504118
It's not really a craze there have been devoted people for over a decade now. If you're really curious start with steam punk literature or look into webcomics like Girl Genius
>>
>>9506886
I assume they cosplay those characters because they happen to like those characters.
>>
>>9504808
Everyone in the group always goes "nooo, it's such an old meme, let's not" yet we still do it nearly every single meetup. I've started just stepping away during group photos because fuck that shit. It's usually the ugly boyfriend taking the photo who insists on it, too.
>>
>"hi welcome to my tutorial on making your own shit!"
>"next we use the modge podge"
bitch it's NOT CALLED THAT
Thread posts: 200
Thread images: 21

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.