[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What makes someone an impressive Lolita to you? >wardrobe

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 62
Thread images: 5

File: 1494805011753.jpg (223KB, 600x750px) Image search: [Google]
1494805011753.jpg
223KB, 600x750px
What makes someone an impressive Lolita to you?

>wardrobe
For me, once a person hits 35 brand dresses, I become impressed by their wardrobe. That number can go as low as 25 if a large portion of the dresses are rare.
>style
Style is actually the lowest thing on my radar because I'm sorry, but putting together a good coord isn't the rocket science so many people make it out to be and I've seen too girls go from ita trash to totally solid within a month to be that impressed by someone's capability to dress themselves. Obviously you lose major points for me if you can't, but I'm not going to be over the moon just because you can.
>appearance
Needless to say, the prettier the better.
>living space
I can't consider someone a good lolita if their living space doesn't reflect that. If your room is trashed or boring as fuck, you're a peasant. A lolitas room should be gorgeous.
>lifestyle
This one is probably the most important for me besides wardrobe. For me to be impressed by a Lolita, she needs to have a really awesome lifestyle that I can live vicariously through. I don't mean "lifestyle" as in "proper lovely who doesn't swear or do anything naughty", but someone who does cool things like go on awesome excursions to places like Japan, France, Disney parks, etc. Also, being well read and knowledgeable about history.
>>
>>9488368
So you basically are impressed by people who have a lot of money?

I care about your style and time in the fashion. A girl who dresses well with a mixture of items and has a lot of experience is infinitely more impressive than a newbie who has the cash to buy 25 rare dresses with matching everything in the first 6 months. People who work towards the preservation of jfashion history or otherwise contribute positively to the community as a whole gain my respect. Having lolita hobbies and surroundings is cool, but entirely optional. I could really not give less of a fuck about lifestyle.
>>
>>9488368

>can live vicariously through

So, you're a peasant, bitching about other peasants?
>>
>>9488368
Lmao what's especially funny is that all you've said (impressive wardrobe, awesome excursions, well read and knowledgeable about history) are marks of attempting to look and be rich, but even the most expensive lolita fashion and lifestyle is nothing compared to actually rich people shit. How many lolita dresses hit 4, 5 digits?

Not impressed by your criteria.
>>
I feel most unimpressed by people who don't understand/are not interested in the influences and history of Lolita
>>
This reads like a neckbeard trying to fish for a lolita gf in a roundabout matter
>>
>>9488368
They look good wearing the fashion. That's it.
>>
>>9488368

Lemme get this straight, you posted all this with THAT pic?
Tip: Most in the fashion detest the word "loli" because of its connotation.
>>
>>9488368
Opposite of you, no matter the amount of dresses I'll be impressed if you can routinely pull off great coords with my favorite pieces.
I'd like to live where you are where itas pull a 360 overnight. Where I live the itas claim to have been in the fashion for decade yet can't be bothered to even wear bodyline. It's hell.
>>
>>9488427
I think someone made the pic in the ugly burando thread. So it's just a meme.
>>
>>9488436

I'm not on about the pic itself. More so with the word "Loli" being associated while OP searches for a rich Lolita waifu.
>>
File: 1848756.png (207KB, 580x326px) Image search: [Google]
1848756.png
207KB, 580x326px
>>9488442
Nayrt and OP is clearly trash, but stop with this triggered shit. Using "loli" has fallen out of fashion and a lot of people don't like it, we get it.
>>
Op here. To clarify to the people not quite getting what I meant about the style- it's not that I don't care about it, it's just that I'm not impressed by lolitas who are well dressed because, frankly, that should be a given. It's like, if you're attending Harvard, you're not going to be impressed that one of your classmates can do calculous, since it's a requirement to even get in. That's basically how I feel about coordinating in lolita- if you can't do it, you don't even qualify as a lolita, so why would I be especially impressed by that?

Also, I don't really see this as "rich people stuff". Like one of you pointed out, this pales in comparison to the shit actually rich people can afford, so I don't think it's really fetishising rich people like some of you are implying. I also don't see what's wrong with saying messy, boring room=peasant unless you yourself have one and are triggered.

>>9488435
It's because our comm doesn't tolerate itas the same way most do. We're pretty blunt but polite about people not wearing actual lolita and give them lots of resources to improve. The ones who aren't dedicated just don't come again and the ones that are do their research and improve drastically within weeks. It's not hard to stop being ita if you're willing to put your own ego aside and we don't deal with people who aren't.
>>
>>9488427
Most on cgl*
>>
>>9488478
You're being purposefully out of touch if you think your view on owning a bunch of rare brand dresses (generally $400-$1000 a piece)and expensive vacations isn't fetishizing people with a lot of means. Maybe it's not on the level of the truly elite and if you are impressed by that then it's whatever, but lets not pretend here. Acting as though you have no idea what we are talking about like some kind of ignorant Marie Antoinette just makes you sound like you're trying come off as more important than you acting are. Couple that with "peasant" and you're really cringey.

>inb4 the predictable; poorfag, newfag, ita, jealous, etc. etc.
>>
>>9488389
>So you basically are impressed by people who have a lot of money?
This lol
Not everyone can achieve a life where they have a job that pays well, a nice home that's not too expensive etc, and that doesn't have anything to do with the quality of the person

I agree that style and looking good (like >>9488414 said) is pretty much the only thing I care about
Even if you only have like 3 coords, but you look amazing in them, I'm gonna be more impressed than someone who has 40 dresses but every coord basically looks the same

Also, side note, not everyone want's to wear lolita regularly, and if you don't, having more than like 10 dresses feels like a waste of money and space imo, especially considering you'll need matching shoes, bags, socks, blouses and accessories for them
>>
>>9488494
I'm not even using "peasant" to mean people without money, but slobs. You're getting butthurt over a word I'm not even using in the context that you're accusing me of.

It also really isn't wealth fetishism at all (not that there's anything wrong with that, anyway) considering the things I'm describing as "impressive" can easily be accomplished by any middle class person with decent budgeting skills. Most people I know who travel and have big wardrobes make $35-50k a year. Being well read and knowledgeable on history was another thing I was accused of fetishising the rich over when literally anyone with interest in it can do that regardless of class. You're simply not putting rational thought into your thought process and sounding like a bitter poorfag.
>>
I think a big wardrobe is more about being dedicated than having a lot of money,especially in Westen comm's. I admire people who love their favourite brand so much they use all of their spending money on it. A good coord also isn't rocket science. You guys sounds like you are impressed by anyone who isn't ita.
>>
File: 2430380-9768700803-26081.jpg (111KB, 477x318px) Image search: [Google]
2430380-9768700803-26081.jpg
111KB, 477x318px
I don't get what's so offensive about OP? None of the stuff they said is as elitist as you guys are acting. No one in my comm is wealthy even by normal person standards and everything OP listed applies to like a third of them.
>>
>>9488547
Yep, predictable. Using the word "peasant" in any context is cringey. I really don't know what perspective you're coming from if you think people who make 35k a year can live a glamorous lifestyle full of vacations and and expensive clothing that you can "live vicariously through" while supporting themselves fully and surrounding themselves with beautiful things. Just another delusional NEET or self-important college student who sponges off their parents in bumfuck nowhere most likely.

> "U MAD LOL"
>>
>>9488598
Your room must look really gross otherwise I don't know why you're so butthurt
>>
>>9488598
I have a house, like an adult.
>>
>>9488598
>dat projection
>dat mad
Anon, I'm an adult, living in an apartment with my fiance with all the fun responsibilities that come with it. Because of how demanding my job is, I can only take one real vacation a year, so I very much enjoy seeing people who can do more than that and live vicariously through them, why does that make you so mad? It isn't the slightest bit delusional to say middle class people can afford overseas vacations and large wardrobes... in fact, I'd say your delusional for insisting otherwise when so many people do it. A week long trip to Tokyo from the West Coast with decent lodging can easily cost less than $1500 per person. If you're making $35-50k a year and are interested in doing so, the only thing holding you back is poor budgeting or financial responsibilities beyond the norm (like if you live in an insanely expensive city like NYC or SF, or have a child or struggling parents to take care of). I don't understand why you're fighting reality this hard.
>>
>>9488598
The only thing cringier in this thread than the use of the word peasant is every post you've made in it.
>>
>>9488653
>A week long trip to Tokyo from the West Coast with decent lodging can easily cost less than $1500 per person
This is where I know you have no idea what you're talking about.
>>
>>9488884
Ntayrt, but flights from the west coast are so cheap, it makes me jealous being from the midwest. Also what is airbnb.
>>
>>9488499
>Not everyone can achieve a life where they have a job that pays well, a nice home that's not too expensive etc, and that doesn't have anything to do with the quality of the person

nobody said anything about the quality of the PERSON, but their quality as a LOLITA. also no1curr
>>
>>9488884
That's because you're talking to a child posing as an adult.
>>
>>9488955
>>9488884
This is where you guys should look into this magical thing called Expedia before acting like you know what you're talking about. It's like no one bothers to look shit up before pretending they're an expert.
>>
I'll never be able to take anyone of you seriously.
Holy shit you are a bunch of roleplaying depressed clowns.
>>
File: Screenshot_20170522-174744.png (443KB, 1080x1920px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20170522-174744.png
443KB, 1080x1920px
>>9488884
>>9488906
>>9488955
>>9489064
I decided to check out Expedia to see which side is being full retard, and low and behold, you can book a flight and hotel in Tokyo from SF for even less than earlier Anon was saying. Barely over $1000 per person for a midrate hotel and coach flight a few months in advance. The moral of the story is do simple research before opening your mouth and you won't look like a complete moron.
>>
>>9489071
>implying that doesn't apply to cosplayers just as much if not more
>>
>>9488884
Maybe anon is not planning on spending a lot while there
>>
>>9489064
Lol anon. I've been to Tokyo many of times. I know the actual budget of actually going. Sure you can get there for $1500 but have fun sitting in your shitty hotel and doing not much else especially not clothing shopping. Peasant.
>>
>>9489185
I've also been to Tokyo and never spent more than $2500 total, including a day at Disneyland, dining at QPot Caf, Kawaii Monster Cafe, and two of the Alice ones among others, as well as a burando shopping spree that ended in 5 main pieces and other random purchases. It may not have been as intense as some girls go, but I'd say it was a good time. Some of us actually put effort into saving as much money as possible so we can make the most of our time there.
>>
>>9489402
Oh yeah, forgot to mention I also went to the Ghibli museum, aquarium, and a couple other attractions. Not much time in the hotel room.
>>
>>9488906
>Also what is airbnb.
Evil
>>
>>9489411
I think it's still illegal in Japan as well. Not to say it doesn't still happen.
>>
>>9489402
$2500 from a major city is more reasonable. Not easily under $1500.
>>
>>9489417
Airbnb is illegal in Japan? I know people who've used it.
>>
>>9488368
>but someone who does cool things like go on awesome excursions to places like Japan, France, Disney parks, et
Most of us are smart enough to not throw our money away on lavish trips. Not sorry.
>so we can spend it on lolita instead
But really, you can have an extravagant lifestyle without travelling and throwing your wealth around, you know.
>>
>>9489777
I donno, being an adult with a decent job and no kids means you can go on nice vacations and still afford outlandish fashion. I go to Disney often, going to Japan... etc.

Still, i'm not conventionally pretty (can look cute but not a looker, don't care tho), gained weight, losing it, and I can't keep my living space neat and organized. It's always trashed. I'm a walking tornado. Got a wardrobe of over 35 brand items, can style well though. Guess I will never be an impressive lolita on 4-chins.
>>
>humblebrag, the thread
>>
>>9489777
>most of us
lol pretty sure most lolitas would be going to Tokyo if they could afford it. Also, this may sound like a shocking concept, but some people enjoy amazing experiences just as much or more than objects.
>>
>>9489804
Where is this humblebragging you speak of?
>>
>>9489185
What is airbnb. Hotels are crap for the price.
>>
>>9488368
Jeez, this thread is awful. OP, did you intend for this thread to have genuine responses? Word of advice, next time don't spend the whole thread arguing over whether or not you sound pretentious. This could've been something if you just stopped responding.
>>
>>9488569
I think it's mainly that they listed things that have more to do with financial status than lolita. Recipe for disaster.
>>
>>9489831
Maybe because hotels have to pay taxes and security and staff that makes sure the guests don't fuck up the neighbourhood or aren't actual criminals
>>
>>9489086
> 2 people in a semidouble bed
> smoking

Lmao, that room is not even good for sleeping.
>>
>>9489910
Ah yes, that explains why hotel prices fluctuate daily and chain hotels are a thing.
>>
>>9490024
Are you dumb?
>>
>>9488368
How pretentious.
>>
Can someone explain to me how this is any worse that the universal hatred of fatties that goes on on this board?
>>
>>9490059
Idek why people are acting so butthurt. Poorfags are not entitled to OPs admiration.
>>
>>9490059
Because not going on fun trips is a life situation most people on this board are actually in, unlike being fat, so you can't say you find traveling impressive or your a cringey pretentious wealth fetishizer. Hating on fatties and putting thin girls on a pedestal is perfectly fine though, as it makes people here feel better about themselves, unlike being reminded of things they want but can't afford.
>>
>>9490087
I'm pretty sure most people here are fat
>>
>>9490127
Nah haven't you gotten your monthly stock of /cgl/ DNP?
>>
>>9490059
It's pretty simple really; fatties deserve all the hate they get.
>>
>>9490154
Have you seen the average American Lolita?
>>
>>9489742
>not to say it doesn't happen
Read
>>
>>9488368
You're all a bunch of rubes.
Thread posts: 62
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.