[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Dutch Thread: "Error 500: Too Many Weebs Trying to Secure

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 320
Thread images: 35

File: let the games begin.png (674KB, 958x598px) Image search: [Google]
let the games begin.png
674KB, 958x598px
Previously, in our thread about visiting the Netherlands, AFC Ajax, and some third off-topic item >>9446256
>Elfia happened, omg so cute!
>Lanyards > Badges
>DRAMA BOMB!
>WIP shots
>Weatering 101, now featuring both airbrushing and dry brushing!
>Dutch lolita com leadership 101
>Formula Cosplay, to go or not to go?
>Keeping a subject alive by white knighting depsite evreyone already having moved on, and 4chan 101
>The eternal "Should 3D printing be allowed in contests" question
>Imagicon is kill
>Day 1 of the Abunai Hunger Games. Note to self: buy more popcorn for tomorrow.

The five next major events:
>Formula Cosplay (May 6th, Rotterdam ZH), a small and cheap one day event about cosplay.
>Animecon (June 9th - 11th, The Hague ZH), a con that really needs no introduction.
>Castlefest (August 3rd - 6th, Lisse ZH), the other outdoor fantasy orientated convention.
>Abunai! (August 25th - 27th, Veldholven NB), at this point all the Hunger Games jokes are too easy to make.
>Amsterdam Comic Con (September 2nd & 3rd, Amsterdam, NH), you should know the drill by now.
Our full con calendar with Google Calendar support can be found at https://www.churi.nl/agenda

Friendly reminders:
>POSTS MADE IN DUTCH ARE AGAINST GLOBAL 4CHAN RULES AND WILL BE REMOVED!
>We have a newcomers guide at https://churi.nl/newcomers-guide
>Defending yourself on /cgl/ only makes things worse. It's best to take things posted here lightly and just move on.
>Posting WIP pictures and/or progress about your current projects is encouraged.

Our /comfy/ Discord for comfy people:
https://discord.gg/RgaEYeK
>>
So who's gonna put the Netherlands on the map @Animecon ? We know any cool cosplayer who is going to attend ?
>>
>>9459884
I guess every half decent and good Dutch and Belgian cosplayer.
Judges: Reika, Pion, Fabricator Djinn and some others
I have also seen some very nice C4 teams.
>>
>>9459884
Sakuraflor obviously..
>>
>>9459884
I hope Rose & Prince Crafts
>>
>>9460011
Same! shes being incredibly modest and even a little anxious when I asked about the compo. But Im pretty sure from what ive seen that theyll make some heads turn
>>
>>9459921
Hokuprops too.
>>
>>9459921
I hope i get to see/meet fabricator djinn, he's an awesome crafter
>>
>>9459921
Speaking of C4. Wtf was Team Paraluna thinking teaming up with Yaraya? They could have entered wih the 2 of them? instead? Now as the Dutch team with 1 half of them Yaraya is nowhere near finished
>>
>>9460569
Xpandorae is overloaded with studies this year, if I understood it right.
I also doubt that they expected yaraiya to be so lagging. All I hope for is that she will not make a fool out of herself.
>>
Abunai... Seriously.

Good news! We have reverted back to the nineties. Our system is now based on... Excel.

If this does not work, I think you will have to write your name on a paper plane and throw it in the right direction.
>>
>>9460679
You'd think a massive hotel chain like NH would know how to handle stuff like this... I can smell people getting fired.
>>
Does anyone have any idea about Abunai's schedule? Kind of lame they started the ticket sales without there even being a schedule online...
We wanted to go the party, is it always held on saturday?
>>
>>9460706
Deshima? Yes, always on Saturday
>>
I really appreciate the alternatief slapen for Abunai but what's up with three rooms being women only? Is this a monestary?
>>
>>9460715
yup! I think that one's the most fun, no?
Thanks for the help!
>>
>>9460720
There is also a disco on Friday I believe, but yes. Deshima is worth going to.
>>
>>9459884
Who do you think will you be seeing in the big competitions? Anyone you're looking forward to? Obviously Team Paraluna will join but I'm really curious to what they'll bring to the stage. I know it's Tracer and Widowmaker, but what kind of act they'll show is what I'm looking forward to.
>>
>>9460718
Check your privileges you heterosexual white male, not every strong independent woman wants to get raped by that disgusting penis of yours of visually abused when we change clothes! Oh my God, I literally can't even...
>>
>>9460739
YAASSS GURLL SLAAAY.
>>
Abunai hotel registrations next year: "mail us an envelope with money, and a hand-written note stating what kind of room you want."
>>
>>9460768
Abunai hotel registrations next year: "Here is a Google Form. Just fill it in and all the results will appear in one nifty Excel sheet for us in chronological order."
Google next year: "The Dutch Google Documents servers went down around 20:00 last night due to weeb."
>>
Any idea how fast the tickets get sold out?
>>
>>9460739
>implying there are male seagulls
>>
>>9460792
im pretty sure if you send your mail tomorrow, its already too late.
>>
>>9460792
Last year, you had to send the excel sheet in within about 20 minutes.
>>
>>9460811
>>9460813
Are you guys talking about the hotel rooms? Because I was talking about tickets for the convention itself. How about saturday only tickets?
>>
>>9460825
I (>>9460813) was talking about the hotel rooms, yeah.

I think tickets for the event itself will be available for a few weeks at least, but I'll need a second opinion on that. I don't really follow how fast they sell out.
>>
>>9460828
The saturday sells out mostly two or one week before the convention. But I think this has been the last two years only? Before that you could get em at the door. But dont count on that anymore
>>
>>9460786
legit, probably a better idea then what they're attempting right now.
>>
Abunai is going all in: A credit card scheme in the making. They are really trying to get as much money as possible
>>
>>9460706
Remind me when Animecon starts their sale somewhere in august/september while their first events are announced somewhere in january of the next year.
>>
>>9460894
I'm pretty sure I saw the first events already in November.
Abunai is 3.5 months away. It's not unusual for Abunai that the schedule is only available about 1 month before the con. I don't mind anyway, guess I am used to it.
>>
>>9460766
I'm trying hard not to post the spiderman 'this post gave me cancer' meme
>>
>>9460718
It's probably because some woman aren't comfortable sharing a room with guys. Which does beg the question, why aren't there any men-only rooms available?
>>
Meanwhile i'm preparing my computer to fake NH-hotel and try to deceive as many people and ask for their credit card number / expiry *shrugs*
>>
Canada requested me to be here
>>
3:0
WE DID IT
>>
Okay so the chance that I have a room at Abunai is slim. Could someone take me under their wing?
>>
>>9460569
Well, It's kind of unfair if you look at how Team Paraluna is sponsored in worbla and other crafting materials and Yaraiya is not (Maybe they should reach out to her ? IDK but that is what i would do if I got sponsored and have a cosplay partner who is not.)

Also they are in the game way longer..not that it matters but lets just hope they get along and enjoy representing Team NL at Animecon.
>>
Anyone take any pictures at Elfia?
>>
If I remember it correctly deathstrike cosplay from tcc won c4 last year together with magnum. Only getting qualified for c4 is a hustle. Deathstrike cosplay did honestly put the Netherlands on the map by winning the world title.
>>
>>9462483
The C4 is too new to put anyone or anything on the map buddy, it's nice but its got no name recognition outside NL.
>>
Amazing how people brandish their mental illness as a shield, instead of trying to work around it. Someone kind of demanding a hotel room at Abunai because they need a safe space...
>>
>>9462540
true
>>
>>9462483
He had some mad 3d printing skills tho'.
>>
Ps jeroen you should really suck up to team paraluna. Atleast he has a 3d printer bwahahaha
>>
>>9462540
Is it that middle aged woman that's been whining about this for years? She always complains she deserves a room because of her autism lol
>>
>>9462540
ew yes that's annoying as fuck
in a larp group, someone once posted an entire blog post about getting panic attacks when the registrations started because it was the f5-kind of registrations...
People need to understand it's not the end of the world if they can't go once or in this case, need to find different sleeping accomodations.
>>
>>9462617
Jeez. What event was that that they freaked out like that?

Don't know many f5-kind registrations for larps..
>>
>>9462617
>I can go to a con or event perfectly fine but I can't handle F5-ing and not being guaranteed a room.
This shit always annoys me way more than it should.
>>
File: 90400423.jpg (50KB, 680x510px) Image search: [Google]
90400423.jpg
50KB, 680x510px
>>9461567
>>
>>9462656 was meant for >>9462483
>>
I got my eye on you boo boo
>>
Abunai is a shit organization. I can't wait until it gets destroyed once and for all.
>>
>>9462758
:(
>>
>>9462758
They just need to find a bigger location. That is all. The Hotel room booking is the only thing Bad about Abunai in my opinion. Everything else is fine, or just petty things not worth fussing about
>>
>>9462765
Once a festival like this goes over a treshhold with a certain number of visitors than there is not single location in the Netherlands that will do. All of them lack enough hotelrooms to hold all visitors at the convention.

This is why Animecon is being held in The Hague these days, why DCC is being held in Utrecht, ACC in Amsterdam, enough hotels in the neighbourhood, excellent parking facilities and public transport. The only thing that is good about Koningshof is the parking facilities.

Still if I had to organise a small convention (single day during daytime hours), or some kind of business training with small groups than Koningshof would be considered.
>>
>>9462765
That's kind of a hard thing to do, since there aren't that many suitable locations to fit a con like Abunai.
The only location I can think of that kind of retains their ambiance is the MECC in Maastricht. Other locations are either too large, expensive or already taken.
>>
File: jullieweten.jpg (223KB, 719x720px) Image search: [Google]
jullieweten.jpg
223KB, 719x720px
>>9462765
No. That's what ruined Animecon. I prefer the smaller cosier conventions over the large ones. Animecon lost its charm when it moved to The Hague.

I SINCERLY hope Abunai won't move to another location. I do hope they get there shit together. I'm lucky to have a room but the way they managed it this year is absolutely abhorrent. I visit cons for about 10 years now and for some reason they can't seem to fix their organisation.

Get. Your. Shit. Together. You have so much experience why can't you learn from your mistakes.
>>
>>9462852
Abunai and getting their shit together?
Isn't it the magic about Abunai how they screw it up every time and somehow they still manage to keep on going?
>>
>>9462888
>Taking anything posted by JM seriously
>>
>>9462540
The exact same thing happened on /cgl/ last year.
>>
>>9462852
Are you that annoying dude on the dutch subreddit
>>
I know it has been mentioned before, but I fail to comprehend how people are still trying to deny that Patreon is solely used by MOST cosplayers as a platform to get money with sexually charged imagery as an insentive.

And yes a select few cosplayers do not feel the need to get patrons on board with sexually promiscuous items, but the majority does. And some cosplayers try to mask their sex incentive items with other gimmicky items, but come on....................

Who are you trying to fool?

PS Not trying to dish it out at Sakuraflor or TCC here, but they are no exception. Dishing out at the people who I see snapping/instagram stories with sexy items and the comment "for my patreon shoot".
>>
>>9462852
Why are you tripfagging?
>>
>>9462891
>Rejecting valid opinions because JM posted it.
>>
>>9462924
That's what you get when one spends his life craving for attention and acting like a fool.
>>
>>9462898
I am still waiting for Death strike to flaunt in a borat-mankini and do a sassy boudoir shoot.
>>
>>9462892
its the same chick who started it on some abunaicon facebook threads so..
>>
>>9462896
I'm a fucking Legend.
>>
File: kkwarm.jpg (62KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
kkwarm.jpg
62KB, 500x500px
>>9462937
Free ad hominems? Yes, another one please.
>>
>>9462852
by going to a bigger more accesible site with room to grow Animecon can do more without raising the ticketprices above inflation levels (usually it is lower than that). If they stayed in Almelo they still would have been that little cosy convention with 2500 visitors max and a ticket price of around 75 euros.

Or there would have been no Animecon at all because 2013 was pretty much a year of go or no go for them. Damned if they did and damned if they did not!
>>
>>9462956
You're an obnoxious twat and I don't understand why any of the users like your shitty posts
>>
>>9462995
Nah, im pretty sure hes a very self aware troll. Which I dislike even more
>>
File: wow (2).jpg (223KB, 800x539px) Image search: [Google]
wow (2).jpg
223KB, 800x539px
>>9462995
Thanks for you constructive criticism. I will better my ways.
>>9463004
Thanks for your feedback. I understand how you feel and will surely change myself because of the opinion of an Anonymous internetposter.

I love you.

May Allah bless you all <3
>>
>>9462898
So do the majority of the people who go to cons have such patreons? Or do most people going to cons not cosplay?
>>
>>9463059
I just think it's a small part of the people that have patreons.
>>
>>9463159
Who the fuck cares. Patreon is just a new way to make easy money. Some people are just smart enough to make a page like that and are able to make money of it.
I mean if TCC can do it, so can every idiot . I wish i could! Would certainly reduce a bit of working a normal 9 to 5 job.
But how does Patreon handle their tax systems and stuff like that? I
never hear anyone talk about that.
>>
>>9463302
Sounds petty maybe but I lose respect for the cosplayers that try to make money by taking slutty pictures. /especially characters that aren't meant to be sexy.
>>
>>9463302
I also don't care about your 9 to 5 job and how Patreon handles taxes so go die in a fire.
>>
>>9463323
Exactly this, I adore a lot of armor builders. But somehow, from one to the other day. They sell goddamn Dakimakura's of themselves halfnaked. Yeah no, im outta here.
>>
>>9463302
You must do really, really well with your Patreon, or have a very crappy 9-5 job.
>>
>>9463358
TCC earns like, 90,- a month? And I think they need to divide this the 3 of em as well. aka, they cant live from it.
>>
>>9463342
Same, I love seeing people that make tutorials and patterns, huge armor builds, led wiring etc.
>>
>>9462624
just a larp even of a weekend that is twice a year
The event got pretty popular but the organisators don't want to expand because it would be too much so they keep the registrations to a limit.

>>9462628
exactly this
>>
>>9462898
>>9463323
Jelly fat ass detected.
>>
>>9463366
Ignoring the costs and time in making the video's, materials, tracing, drawing, making photographs and other stuff.

I think that flipping burgers brings in more money.
>>
>>9462540
>>9462628
>tfw the guy who's in a wheelchair who probably needs it most never has a room and never complains because he's just happy to be there.
>>
>>9462947
I see it happening

>>9463302
>But how does Patreon handle their tax systems and stuff like that?
I worked for a similar site before, you can usually ask for a basic invoice print out every month for your tax purposes if you want to. In general I just had my paypal registered, have it transfer to my paypal and then my bank account (if needed) and never had problems with it (couple thousand eu)
These sites are generally a gamble of time investment, you can suddenly blow up or stay on the downlow for a long time.
>>
>>9463036
<3
>>
>>9463881
Wasn't Tir?
All I know is that the Enfants Lumieres tickets for Terra X by GnS are so far the only LARP tickets I've heard of who've been sold out within the first few hours of being on sale. (Although we definitely cheated and had almost all of the 30 something tickets reserved in advance.)
>>
I think most of the cosplayers, at least in NL, and are students or even highschoolers. I a few have full time jobs, like me. Which sucks from time to time. i get why they have patreons.
>>
>>9464169
They just want easy money, cosplay is a hobby I don't get why you'd spend your well earned money on something that gives you next to nothing in return (tittypics) I get it why people support actual creators but even things like the hillywood show get so much money and doesn't feel worth it to me
>>
>>9464169
None of the Patreon cosplayers I know are high schoolers (can you even register as a minor?) and the ones I know who are students are students in name only. They spend most of their time partying and make cosplays last minute in the week before the con. This probably doesn't count for everyone but from what I've seen, the more $$ they get from Patreon the less work they actually do.
>>
File: FB_IMG_1494010018432.jpg (102KB, 720x960px) Image search: [Google]
FB_IMG_1494010018432.jpg
102KB, 720x960px
Team chaos is putting the Netherlands on the map
>>
>>9464508
Fucking hell..
Their undeserved ego never ends, does it?
>>
>>9464508
Oh no we found a new meme. I mean, Oh yes we found a new meme.
>>
>>9460718
a lot of hotels and hostels have women-only rooms because those decisions about the business are usually made by old men with old values
>>
>>9464517
Undeserved? Lol it's not like you step up to a newspaper and go: "hey feature me" you have to be asked for that so apparently they attracted someone's interest.

The article is actually pretty cool.
>>
>>9464508
>We were the George Clooneys of Cosplay

What the everloving fuck? No seriously. WHAT? Who even comes up with that? It's not even the ego thing, it's also just... what kind of comparison is THAT?!
>>
>>9464526
I know right! George Clooney didnt even put the Netherlands on the map! Complete bullshit!
>>
>>9464525
Actually, thats how it works. You can step up to a magazine or newspaper and pay for these things.
>>
>>9464526
I though that too at first but if you actually read the article it's say they "felt like a celebrity" when in Egypt.

Newspapers often use phrases like that to attract attention.
>>
>>9464527
He did film Ocean's eleven (?) in NL though. BUT STILL
>>
>>9464532
that hardly makes it better to be honest
>>
>>9464531
No you can't. Not with these kind of newspapers. With magazines yes but newspapers don't work like that especially by local newspapers
>>
if you want to see a patreon cam girl you should donate to xuemi cosplayer. she will forfill all your needs.
>>
>>9464536
I find it a nice artikel. They're very honest and open in the article. I'm actually waiting for people to mention a specific part of it lol.

But honestly I think it's a good article about cosplay
>>
>>9464532
I've heard similar experiences of all cosplayers who go to WCS, CICAF and other big international events. Yet we never hear them proclaim themselves to be '~amazing~'...
>>
>>9464535

Twelve, eleven was in Vegas.

As for the article.. Ah well, its not unexpected. If you market an exaggeration that you are massively popular, and people believe it and follow you because of that, is it then still a lie?
>>
>>9464545
Market an exagaration? I had to say it but everything that the article mentions is true, about them traveling, being invited. You may not like them but you can't deny. They are popular.
>>
>>9464545
I wish Paraluna and Syrupcookie would promote themselves more like this. I actually like them and their costumes/work a lot better thant TCC and their ego tripping.
>>
>>9464548
Lol I find it funny that when cosplayers become popular and appear in places they're proclaimed ego trippers.

On a different note, it's nice that they featured other cosplayers in the pictures as well and credited them all.
>>
>>9464548
in a way I agree, but not doing this also shows that they're humble and doing it for the cosplay, not the attention and media. We'll have to see where this goes.
>>
>>9464551
Right? It's like they're doing a good job and because of that now they're ego trippers? Grow up they're just doing their PR right which is why they get the exposure.
>>
>>9464554
I don't understand the hate though. It's like anything TCC does gets bashed on here while actually what they are doing is growing as a team and as cosplayers. So why the hate? I personally like the fact that cosplay is appearing more and more in the media. Even if it's team chaos it's still about cosplay so it's nice to see that happen.
>>
>>9464554
Ecactly, you state the problem I have with this. their PR. This is cosplay, I wish it was about that.I I fully well realize its a mix of both always. But come on, compare Syrups' armors next to TCC's(that and the fact im pretty sure she doesnt do sexy shoots). We all know who deserves more attention here. Its not them.
>>
>>9464558
If you want to go pro you need good PR so I have to give it to them, they're doing a great job.

Besides look at all great cosplayers. There is a lot of them of which I could tell you other non famous cosplayers who are more skilled yet they're the famous once.

The cosplay business part is not only about the cosplay but also about the pr and the bound with the followers. And that's something that's TCC kicks ass in.
>>
>>9464561
This is true. They have sick dedication to their fans to such a point that they reply to literally every comment. Not a lot of cosplayers do that.

And they're good cosplayers. You can hate on them but their cosplays are of good quality.
>>
>>9464558
I fucking love syrups 2B
>>
>>9464540
Erm, open and honest?

The entire article makes it sound like the whole world is waiting for them. Going to Russia and Swiss was because they had to pay the trip themselves, not because they do not have time.

Being a Judge at a foreign convention? Whoohoo. If you participate in an international competition, you get the requests left and right. And even that is not a prerequisite.

Haters because you are known? I wonder, as I have never seen it this bad with other far more known Dutch cosplayers. Maybe tracing art and certain behavior tends to do stuff like that.

And I have absolutely no idea what you are talking about if this is an article about cosplay.
>>
Syrupcookie is a joke she buys COSJOY props from Ebay and Aliexpress repaints it and sells it as commission. I feel sorry for the poor bastards she has taken money of.

Her cosplay props which she wears for compos is completely different it is nowhere near what she sells well at least she has COS JOY with her commissions i got to give that to her
>>
>>9464572
I meant her Monster Hunter Armors and commission props actually, but yes her 2B is also really nice.
>>
>>9464575
Yeah buddy, you're gonna need proof for this. This is the first time I heard about this.
>>
>>9464570
The cosplays are good, that's not the question. The point most people are bringing up is if they're good enough to justify all the attention they're getting. And the answer to that is very debateable. It's not 'you're just jelly' it's the fact that there's lots of better people out there who don't have a PR team, and none of them is running around high on an ego trip.
>>
>>9464574
Dear anon, you have issue.

Sincerely,

Your friendly neighbor
>>
Can we just acknowledge the elephant in the room and say wtf about invited to japan. Was that not just deathstrike his cccc trip they latched on to.
>>
>>9464579
everyone on 4chan debating this anonymously has issues, I include myself in that :P
>>
File: TipsKettle.jpg (100KB, 591x717px) Image search: [Google]
TipsKettle.jpg
100KB, 591x717px
>>9464579
M'lady, 'tis not befit a person of your stature to fight knaves like this.
Let me fight in your stead, to protect your pure honour and virtue. Hark! This the olifaunt I blow, and as such will come to blows with this vile brigand!
>>
>>9464578
Tcc doesn't have a PR team either. I don't think any cosplayers have. It's all work out in of their own which is why I get they deserve it.

Besides I don't want to be spoiling anything but have you ever talked to them? They're actually really nice and no ego trippers at all. But hey that might just be me having talked to them face to face.
>>
>>9464579
Sure, that must be it. going over the article and pointing the flaws why it is not a good article must be an issue.
Or you could provide counter arguments. But I guess it is easier to shoot the messenger.
>>
>>9464580
It doesn't say anywhere they were invited. It says they visited Japan.

Learn to read anon
>>
>>9464585
I always give saku benefit of the doubt because indeed, I havent talked to her. Hakan tho? I did, And that was not a pleasant conversation I tell you.
>>
>>9464587
No you have issues because your arguments aren't arguments. They're pure opinion and rumors.
>>
Recently a lot of contests have been throwing in foreign trips, i notice it's very easy for cons to team up with a foreign con and just promise eachother's winners at contests trips to the other con and then back again (Saw this with xmas comic con). It's literally just exchanging people for cheap impressive looking prizes.

>>9464576
Didn't really see any of those pictures, just recently the 2B, but yes those are really good

>>9464575
Lets be honest, if you make something for someone else and you have to put a lot of time into it, it'll be of less quality. I have that feeling for myself atleast.
>>
>>9464582
Oh wow that hottie though !
>>
File: TipsOessie.png (1MB, 720x1196px) Image search: [Google]
TipsOessie.png
1MB, 720x1196px
>>9464599
You've seen nothing 'till you've seen our very own thread-husbando tipping his kettle at you, m'lady.
>>
>>9464602
-instant panties drop-
>>
>>9464602
*drools*
>>
>>9464602
he looks like a fuck boy.
>>
So here's a thought. Why not make a special thread for TCC. They seem to be coming back at least 5 times in every freaking thread. How much time can people spend on one team lol
>>
File: GaetEndeBlijft.png (1MB, 736x889px) Image search: [Google]
GaetEndeBlijft.png
1MB, 736x889px
>>9464605
What did you say about my little baby boy?
You're just jealous of his succes! He put /cgl/ on the map you know?
>>
>>9464605
Who cares? He be making girls scream lol
>>
It's so much fun to ruin the dutch thread every thread though
>>
>>9464612
at least its not about tcc anymore
>>
>>9464612
>ruin the Dutch thread
How do you ruin that which is ruined?
How do you kill that which has no-life?
>>
>>9464618
Lol
>>
Ugh I hate that people use the word 'coser' instead of cosplayer, like are you a cosplay poser?
>>
>>9464594

Okay, I'll call your bluff.

Russia and Swiss. Pretty sure all they could was free tickets

judge at foreign convention: Just this in 2 seconds I can think of Paraluna going to judge in Denmark and Iloon in Germany. As in years past, even Partyvengers went judging somewhere.

Tracing: Proof has been posted more than once here.

Article about cosplay: It name of cosplay is mentioned in the first paragraph, that they do commissions briefly in the last paragraph.

Your turn.
>>
File: ICantUnderstandYou.jpg (41KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
ICantUnderstandYou.jpg
41KB, 1280x720px
>>9464625
I

Can't

Understand

Your

Accent
>>
>your arguments are not arguments

i feel like watching a political debate between illiterate countries
>>
>>9464625
Russia and Swiss is "what you think" do you have proof?

Judging in foreign countries in itself is impressive by any cosplayers especially if it's not through some "won" place at the jury table. Tcc didn't get invited because of winning a compo. They got invited cus they were interested in them.

Proof contradicting this was posted on facebook.

Article shows several aspects of cosplay. Making, judging, buying, fan base and even haters. So how is that not about cosplay?
>>
>>9464635
>Tcc didn't get invited because of winning a compo. They got invited cus they were interested in them.
And you know this because? Did say that or is that what you think? Or are you, somehow, a bit more related to TCC than anyone else?
>>
File: Weerwolve.jpg (56KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
Weerwolve.jpg
56KB, 500x500px
>>9464638
NO YOU ARE THE TCC BOOGEYMAN!
I KNOW IT!
>>
>>9464638
Because they told this on a livestream. The whole story of how they got invited to Egypt. For haters you are not doing your job right lol.
>>
>>9464635

>Judging in foreign countries in itself is impressive by any cosplayers especially if it's not through some "won" place at the jury table

I think DCC has this construction, and this new competition in spain which Abunai has. In other words: Aside from one case, all judges from the Netherlands have been invited and did not win it. Get your facts straight.

The your contradicting proof was no proof at all. there are clear skips at essential moments.

Making: 2 lines, buying: 2 lines. Fanbase: their fanbase. Haters: their haters. A good article about cosplay puts cosplay central, not a team. If you would say: a good article about TCC you would have been closer to the truth. Like an item about Justin Bieber is not an article about music, this is just not an article about cosplay.
>>
>>9464645
They say something about white knights but the niets gunners on here are even more pathetic than the white nights.
>>
>>9464648
no, they are both just as worse. I dont see how one goes trough more extreme measures than the other.
>>
File: NietsGunner.jpg (228KB, 1280x723px) Image search: [Google]
NietsGunner.jpg
228KB, 1280x723px
>>9464648
I... I made this for you zendtaart.

it's not like I... Like I don't grant you anything or... or something!
>>
>>9464645
You think? That's where it all start. People think without facts. And ok let's say you're right then it's impressive work from all of them.

And no anon get your facts straight. After the whole incident she posted two more videos that literally contradicted all that was said on here but since you are just a half assed hater of course you'd leave that part out.

The article talk about their experience in Cosplay which indirectly shines a light on Cosplay and how it develops in the Netherlands for them. You're very narrow minded anon.

But fine you win I am not going to keep at such useless discussion.
>>
File: COSJOY..jpg (2MB, 3988x3988px) Image search: [Google]
COSJOY..jpg
2MB, 3988x3988px
>>9464577
Freshly baked COSJOYcookies
>>
Soooooooo... Is anyone going to Formula?
>>
>>9464654
Width of the layers and spacing between the segments are not even close to being the same...
>>
>>9464654
What >>9464656 says. Nice try.
>>
>>9464656
then show me progress pictures. OH WAIT there is none let's have some COSJOY together
>>
>>9464661
wow learn to take a loss. You must be fun in life
>>
>>9464655
I'm going
>>
>>9464661
Well, now I learned even Syrupcookie has haters.
>>
>>9464652
>You think? That's where it all start.
Then lest reverse the argument: name me 3 cosplayers who won a judging abroad.

No, She did not. but I guess that is not what you wish to see and hear.

> for them.
The key here. Not cosplay, their development.
And calling me names does not help your argument.

> But fine you win
It is not about winning, but I guess that went right by you.
>>
>>9464659
the funny part is that there are no progress pictures and ALL her commissions are sold at COSJOY. well now i have given you some proof now it is your turn.
>>
>>9464588
Direct erna.
So aiming that because of their overwatch outfits they went there. Which it want.

Take your own advice anon
>>
>>9464654
the logo's are different, you can clearly see that the on the logos of cosjoy the right side extended flame is lower than syrup cookie's
>>
What the heck is this. Friday night fucktards unite for some political debat? The hell are people doing lol
>>
>>9464678
Spamming in a thread on a North-Korean real life hand drawn pictures costume making board while the regulars are chilling on Discord and giving a fuck about this subject.
>>
>>9464675
Its ok you don't need to defend your COSJOY props here. If you are really here to prove me wrong then provide some real evidence and that is progress pictures.
>>
>>9464684
ask her for progress pictures! She is a really nice and open person.
>>
>>9464684
Oh! Overlay them On top of one another because apparently that proofs everything!
>>
>>9464692
It does with traced drawings though.
>>
>>9464690
>>Posting WIP pictures and/or progress about your current projects is encouraged. (that includes COSJOY props)

Go ahead prove me wrong
>>
>>9464696
It does with anything. If you layer two things and you make a video it'll always match. Look at these "face change videos" it's all about how you present it but ok.
>>
>>9464702
They really do look the same except for the color. I didn't know about this though.
>>
>>9464702
im not syrupcookie???? Go ask her in a PM on her facebook for christs sake.
>>
File: COSJOY...jpg (1006KB, 3988x3988px) Image search: [Google]
COSJOY...jpg
1006KB, 3988x3988px
>>9464709
COSJOY with some minor adjustments. You repaint and make some minor changes.
>>
>>9464733
You do know that katana was made by her over a year ago when the game wasn't even out yet and no one really knew about it?
>>
File: cosjoy......jpg (2MB, 3988x3988px) Image search: [Google]
cosjoy......jpg
2MB, 3988x3988px
>>9464740
Your right 0 progress video/pictures and 3 COSJOY pictures have fun proving me wrong

Step 1: Buy COSJOY
Step 2: Minor adjustments
Step 3: Sell it
>>
>>9464751
nayrt but seems to me the decorations on the cosjoy blade are flat and they're rounded on the red ones. just like the guard on both blades being different. Going to go ahead and call this a vendetta.
>>
File: s-l1600 (4).jpg (79KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
s-l1600 (4).jpg
79KB, 1000x1000px
>>9464754
Oh well, it's too obvious why you can do that. You can make some minor adjustments and sell it, especially when you have 0 progress pictures/videos to show for it.

I mean if you want to see more all you have to do is ask. COSJOY might sell some syrup cookies some day you never know.
>>
>>9464537
*it's especially easy to get featured in local news paper

Here, fixed it for you.

No but seriously, local is the easiest (and that's not bad). Interesting local news is harder to find and most of the time local news papers are run by people who love these kind of strange hobbies (in a good way) and love to write personal articles. If it was De Volkskrant it would be a different story.
>>
File: nope.jpg (1MB, 3988x3988px) Image search: [Google]
nope.jpg
1MB, 3988x3988px
>>9464733
>>9464751
>>9464766
>completely different shapes on everything recognisable
mate you're more of a retard than these tcc argument people and that's a big accomplishment, in the first one she'd have to actively make the pommel look shittier and why would you do that
>>
File: nope.png (3MB, 1933x2027px) Image search: [Google]
nope.png
3MB, 1933x2027px
>>9464751
seems kinda different tho
>>
>>9464751
I love how you show those COSJOY photos in full while you cut off most of Syrup's photos and thus won't see most of the details in her props. What's your problem with her that you're so hell bent in trying to proof you're right?
>>
File: i trol u.png (87KB, 755x1255px) Image search: [Google]
i trol u.png
87KB, 755x1255px
>>9464733
>>9464751
>>9464766
also calling that you'll eventually turn to "i was jus trollin hahaha"
>>
>>9464751
The hilt is complety different, as is the iron holding the little fluff. Blade adornishments are different. If she did use that blade you would see markings of previous adornishments of removal, specially since they are larger/cause more damage when removed.

Better discussion topic : who has read the cosplay George Clooney of the mighty sakuraflor ? these guys are digging their own grave, its hillarious.
>>
>>9464751
You must be blind to think this is the same.
>>
>>9464787
Scroll up a bit I'd say. But god, some of the people with vendettas in this thread. They're so blinded that they can't see they're wrong?
>"She buys it off COSJOY"
>Totally different props every time
>my evening amusement
>>
>>9464766
trying really hard to read this but fuck's sake anon do you even into english? that was like reading somebody's drunk texts, cause I sure as fuck wasn't able to get the message in that.
>>
>>9464644
not that anon but glad to hear at least somebody watches their live streams. Good for them
>>
>>9464787
You're late anon this topic has already been discussed which you can read if you scroll back.

They're already on the next issue which is whether syrup is a scam yes or no.

Some proof looks legit other proof doesn't look alike pick a side and let the games begin.
>>
>>9464802
I watch them too. They're quite interesting. Or at least Sakuraflors are. She always hyperactive in her streams.
>>
>>9464822
>Some proof looks legit other proof doesn't look alike pick a side and let the games begin.
I'm not convinced by any of the so called proof. What proof are you referring to?

>>9464801
I hate to say it Anon but your English leaves much to be desired as well.
>>
>>9464831
Lol she's hyperactive and extremely positive always not just in streams
>>
>>9464797
>a retard than these tcc argument people and that's a big
Yes indeed reading is very hard sometimes [ buy COSJOY ]
>>
>>9464838
>'a retard than these'
What exactly are you trying to say?
>>
>>9464869
the retard still had part of my comment in >>9464775 selected, like the walnut they are it puts that in the post

hey idiot: you're bad at english, bad at trolling, bad at 4chan, bad at life, just give up vendetta-tard
>>
>>9464835
She's so fake.
>>
>>9464832
>2k17
>not realising "do you even into" is an ancient part of memeing
>shiggydiggy

The only questionable construction there was the end, anon. And that's speaking as somebody who knows their syntax and their languages. But you sure did try.
>>
>>9464582
so cute
>>
>>9465304
Don't get your panties in a twist. It is just funny that you attacked his English with a sentence full of grammatical, spelling and punctuation errors.

You do realize that claiming expertise anonymously is worth absolutely nothing. Seeing Dutch persons claim having superb English is always funny anyway. I have yet to meet one who actually does. But you will grow past your delusion once you have graduated.

Yes, I am riling you up.
>>
Clearcoating my armour today, waiting for LED's & paint to come in... anyone else working on stuff?
>>
File: Right....jpg (53KB, 458x686px) Image search: [Google]
Right....jpg
53KB, 458x686px
Perfect English in reality.
>>
>>9465330
here's your (You)

Also feel free to point out the spelling errors, anon. Let's have a look at your superior English skills.
>>
>>9465445

First of all, I do not claim to have perfect English (capital letter) either, I just love a good argument.

Your use of cause is wrong. Either use because or, if you want to be more colloquial, 'cause. I'm giving you the benefit of the doubt here that it is a spelling error. It is not uncommon to see cause because it is a lazy, but improper, way to use it.
If you mean to use cause as it is written, you have a more serious problem because you use the word cause improperly. This causes me to write this text (singular).
I hope you get the hidden proper way to use the words, but at the moment I doubt it since you seem too focused on defending your expertise.
>>
>>9465461
Here's a hot take for you... Signs means nothing unless you give meaning to it, cause can mean 'cause can mean cus can mean because. Cause semiotics is a thing, but you know, Imma let myself be schooled by a retard on a tibetan sheep farmer image board, pretending I ain't got a BA cause I studied English.

Also anon, texts is correct, because multiple text messages are texts. Good job tryna school people though, I'm sure you're doing really well in high school. Just a few more years and you'll be able to play with the big boys.
>>
>>9465465
This thread went from Cons to TCC to Syrupcookie to English Grammar real quick.

What's next? Advanced Thermodynamics for Engineering professionals?
>>
>>9465471
Well, I do have a theoretical degree in advanced thermodynamics so who knows?
>>
>>9465465
For someone claiming to have a BA in English it becomes even worse, don't you think?

If you cannot clearly write what you mean I am inclined to assume you got it from Trump university.
As what you say about semiotics makes no sense at all. Especially if you understand proper usage you should not make these simple mistakes.
You use triple dots incorrectly, use cause incorrectly again, use cus, which is actually not a word but it can refer to more than one schizophrenia, which would explain why you use it, improper use of comma's, etc.

Purely because you claim to have a BA in English does not absolve you from improper use. Especially not if you are correcting someone else for the same sin. Maybe you should try again to make your point, but now without trying to sound like a 16 year old who got his English courses through League of Legends.

At the end we both know that the English displayed is all but imperfect. The problem is admitting that much. You being all up in arms and throwing a few insults proof that much.
>>
>>9465471
Well, there is a shitload of virtual entropy in here
>>
>>9465483
>triple dots instead of calling it ellipses
>comma's as plural
>You being all up in arms and throwing a few insults proof that much.
>proof that much

my sides
>>
File: Laugh anderson.gif (3MB, 256x196px) Image search: [Google]
Laugh anderson.gif
3MB, 256x196px
>>9465483
>Such knowledge.
>Much pretentious
>Very amazing
>Has not contributed a single thing and after having lost the argument about cosplayers resorts to 'my English is better than yours'

Kek
>>
>>9465496
Hey, you are the one with the BA, and distinctly claimed not to be perfect. But I applaud you that you found a spelling error and a flaw.
Just explain me how this means that your English is perfect.

Ah well, this is place where you can mythically conjure up a degree or two, to use as a claim of authority fallacy, especially if it is to cover up ones own mistakes.
And if that doesn't work, insult and try to ridicule to move away from the topic.

Anyway, like I stated: I love a good argument and you are all riled up. I'm having a good day regardless.

>my sides
Capital M and dot
>>
>>9465503
>and after having lost the argument about cosplayers resorts to 'my English is better than yours'

You might have missed it but I'm not part of the cosplayer discussion except for the one comment which I started with:
>>9464832
>I'm not convinced by any of the so called proof. What proof are you referring to?

And since the general consensus is that there is no proof at all, you seem to try to discredit me one the wrong things.
The question comes to mind: Are you just willingly using fallacies and lies or is it a lack of comprehension?
>>
>>9464654
>>9464733
>>9464751
Christ, I've seen better attempted vendettas on lolcow.
>>
>>9465512
this just in the innertubes require perfect Engalish.
>>
This has been the most lively thread we had in a while lolll
>>
>>9465626
By lively you mean shit? Right? I'd rather have a slow thread with interesting discussion than a bunch of shitposting about grammar and some chick who looks like George Clooney and traced a map or whatever.
>>
>>9465632
>some chick who looks like George Clooney and traced a map or whatever.
KEK
>>
>>9465698
Next article will be titled 'Columbus of Cosplay'.
>>
All these people being jelly because tcc actually achieved something with cosplay. Stay mad salty fucks.
>>
>>9465808
Congratulations, you've got one or two haters on /cgl/ at most. Do you want a fucking medal or something? If anything the fast majority here has gotten fed up by the lot of you constantly spamming the same shit and reviving your shitty "discussions" in these past few threads. Seriously, fuck TCC and fuck the two anons who keeping this shit alive. You are all the cancer that is killing Dutch threads, now sod off and make your own thread if you feel like you need to continue your meaningless feud.
>>
>>9464835
I saw her today and as far as I can see everybody likes her. Sure you can talk shit about tcc wanting to become well known, speculate about buying likes, tracing art, but seriously, even if you think it's fake she acts nice.
>>
I met sakura and tcc today from my point of view they were very kind and nice to me and everyone around them. Sakuraflor was very happy she even hugged me and hakan and karel were very respectful.
>>
>>9465951
>'She even hugged me'
That sounds like it's some kind of accomplishment.

Other than that, glad to hear people like them IRL. I just don't care about them enough to hear about them in every. single. thread. I'd like to have a TCC-drama free thread after this one.

Peeps, where are your WIP's!
>desperate to see some actual interesting stuff.
>>
>>9465870
>>9465951
Does this look like the 'I met sakuraflor today and she was nice' thread? Nobody cares about TCC.

How was Formula cosplay today? Any stories/photos to share?
I saw Kaleidoscopy uploaded some photos just now.
>>
>>9466024
>How was Formula cosplay today? Any stories/photos to share?

Pretty basic small con, only thing that got me pissed was that it took forever to sort 10 people in a row and 10 audio files for the contest. Also why the hell use confetti poppers, everyone's still going to find glitters in their wig after a month, even after picking them out one by one for hours.
>>
>>9466024
Indeed a small con, but it seemed a bit messy organized.
>>
>>9465974
Bugs me for a while now, but why do you think just one person here shares wips(that person doesnt even live in NL anymore lol). People here bash rather good cosplayers, and then you expect people to upload wips? Im pretty sure people have better places to show those without being bashed. And dont get me started how some will get recognized for their work and then proceed to get bashed.
>>
>>9466551
Or gets mistaken for one of the few salty Anons and (verbally) assaulted irl just for being on "the big bad 4chan"...
>>
>>9465974
Did somebody say WIP?
>>
File: IMG_20170410_152634_413.jpg (686KB, 5312x2988px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170410_152634_413.jpg
686KB, 5312x2988px
>>9465974
>>9466554
>>
File: IMG_20170410_152837_606.jpg (4MB, 2988x3735px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170410_152837_606.jpg
4MB, 2988x3735px
>>9466554
>>9466555
>>
>>9466556
>>9466555
Looking good!
>>
>>9466556
>>9466555
at least the paint job is way better than tomvcdr's
>>
>>9466558
Thanks! not really finished but i decided to roll with it at elfia anyways.
>>9466559
Thank you, it's actually my first time trying to weather stuff this way.
>>
>>9466024
To start off it's larger than I expected. I heard 'worse than tomocon' but it was quite spacious. Alltogeher:

+ kpop club room was large, saw loads of people in normie clothes dance there
+large rooms, enough space
+ well conditioned, ground floor was kinda hot later on
+ lots of lectures, things to do for low prices
+ enough places to sit down, outside spots for pictures or just to get some air
+ not convention related but super cute asian shops nearby

- dealer room was a tiny part of the gymnastics room, cramped and cringy (spiritual readings?)
- toilets on ground floor smelled like diarrhea at 10:30 already
- no chairs to sit on it front of the stage, my ass fell asleep so many times and my back hurts
- not a lot of cosplay for a cosplay con?
- cosplay compo was shit organized, plus confetti the fuck.
- most people left early, didn't care and talked through the compo, walked through the people watching etc.

ryuko with the fake titties won, I would have thought envoysoldier or kythana would win. I can't help but wonder which size her real boobs are. I'll end it here before I start talking trash
>>
>>9466555
>>9466556
>>9466554
Awesome stuff!
I love the chestplate
>>
File: before&afterhelmet.jpg (1MB, 1200x1094px) Image search: [Google]
before&afterhelmet.jpg
1MB, 1200x1094px
>>9466551
>>9466553
>>9466551
Ok I got kinda summoned here, but I post WIP's because I like to inspire people and I get inspired by other people's WIP's. I accept the consequences of what people think of me when I post here. Thing is, the UK comm is a lot harsher than the Dutch thread ever is.

I try to re-rail threads to non-drama when I can, so it's less about bashing people and more about cosplay, what /cgl/ is for. Once more; regulars are not the ones starting drama. We're pretty tired of it. So whoever comes in here to bash and talk shit, it's not 'us' so to speak. The discord contains regulars and we're pretty much all done with all the drama and shittalking. It bores us, hence why me and OP try to change topics when we can.

Unfortunately, people keep fueling flames and fires, and possibly some selfposters to create drama too. I don't really care, I try to stay out of it. But I assure you, most regulars are done with the bashing and just like to chill.

As for me possibly getting bashed for posting here; so be it.
>>
>>9466685
anon who posted worries about wips. I was not out to bash you sorry. I did not know you regulars never intended this page the way I perceived it. So sorry for that. Also your armor is awesome! I follow you on insta actually ^^
>>
>>9466688
Thanks! I know you weren't bashing me. It's all good.

But yes, this page wasn't intended as a drama-llama-hellhole. People just used it like that because they could be truly anonymous. But we've reached that point where it becomes annoying and too much. Also, personal vendettas are reasons for bans.
>>
>>9466713
To be honest, learning this page was a thing made me really worried as a cosplayer :/ I feel like I always need to pick a side, or even worse. When things are about me.
>>
>>9466716
Don't pick a side, start a new subject, kick back and relax. When it's about you, let it go. Here are the two best things:
>We have a newcomers guide at https://churi.nl/newcomers-guide
>Defending yourself on /cgl/ only makes things worse. It's best to take things posted here lightly and just move on.

I really recommend the newcomers guide. Read it until the end. It's worth it.
>>
>>9466670
Thanks mane
>>
until i joined this thread i didn't even know what TCC was lulz
>>
Quick question, i'm thinking about making some electronics tutorials for cosplayers, what kinds of things would be interesting?
>>
>>9467998
Regular rgb controllers are a dime a dozen, but addressable led strips are becoming cheaper by the day.
>>
>>9467998
Resistor tutorials please! And which leds and led strips are suitable for cosplays that don't require a 20x AA batterypack around your neck. So far I've done everything with fairy and christmas lights and always on 2 or 3 AA battery packs to match the voltage.
>>
>>9468002
I'll look into that, i happen to have a led strip lying around
>>9468012
Resistors as in the calculations you have to do to make LEDs work?
>>
File: rsz_20170508_161252.jpg (777KB, 2656x1494px) Image search: [Google]
rsz_20170508_161252.jpg
777KB, 2656x1494px
>>9466554
>>9466555
>>9466558
Nice work dude! What did you construct the gun out of?

>>9466685
Well said and thanks for always keeping us on track <3. Your armor progress is looking awesome as always.

Here is a WIP of my own (and a fellow LARPanon). A handfelted capelet of alpaca wool to keep me warm during those Landsknecht nights. Cannot wait to see what it looks like dry and worn.
>>
>>9468043
Omg, so cute!
>>
>>9468043
Looks nice, how well does something like this handle tugging? Like can it deal with picking at the details?
>>
>>9468078
I haven't made a piece like this before so I cannot say with full knowledge. But I expect the base and fur lining to be fairy sturdy. I am afraid the details will not hold on that well when dry, but nothing a little dry felting with a hook can't fix.
Thank you!
>>
>>9468043
>>9468084
So how is this made/done? I'm curious about the technique.
>>
>>9468017
Also where to get them, and how much you can play with them to still get good results, and maybe to dim really bright lights that shine through the best diffusing materials you try, and maybe to save battery
>>
>>9468043
That little patterned edge is so cute, anon. Great color combination.
>>
File: rsz_shutterstock_207744319.jpg (586KB, 1200x742px) Image search: [Google]
rsz_shutterstock_207744319.jpg
586KB, 1200x742px
>>9468085
I made this using the wet felting technique.
I started with a base layer of white carded wool (no idea what type) and later added on hand-carded alpaca wool and dyed pre-carded merino wool.

Carding wool by hand is a tedious task. You have to untangle the wool and remove bigger pieces of dirt by hand. I find laying the little pieces of wool in the same general direction after I am done with them helpful for the next step. You can also use a carding mill or buy pre-carded wool.

The next step is prepping the surface. Make sure you are working somewhere you are allowed to splash with water. You are doing wet felting, after all.
Layer yout working surface with bubble wrap bigger than your project. It is okay to tape pieces together to create width. Also have a towel handy.
Wet-felting adds three ingredients to the wool. Heat, a binder (soap) and friction. A soapy steaming water mix will provide the first two. You will be the latter. Get yourself a nice bottle, preferably one you can squeeze the water out of, and will it with boiling water and a couple of tablespoons of soap. Would not recommend dishwashing soap as it dries out your hands.
>>
>>9468129
Now you will lay out your design in wool on your bubble wrap. For this fluff like technique you make a base layer first. Lay out pieces of wool in an overlapping pattern, it is best if you do this at a 45 degree angle, but it isn't an exact science.

Once your base lays on the bubble wrap squirt the soapy water all over it. Next roll up the whole thing into a sausage and roll it back and forth. A lot of times. Around fifty small rolls. Unroll. Look at your wool and you will see the felting process starting. This is the time to fill up gaps or even add an extra layer.
Repeat the spraying and rolling again and again, correcting or adding in between. The more repeats of the progress, the more tight the finished product will be. I recommend around 10 repeats.

No for the fur like look you need a at least slightly felted base. I did 3 repeats in this one. After that you will felt with your hand instead of rolling, so it is gonna go slower.
Lay long fibers of wool around the edge you want to trim, hanging over the edge. Cover the point where your overhanging fibers connect to the base with extra fibers in the opposite direction. Pour some soapy water over this and start circling the connecting points with your fingers. Carefull. This will be hot. Build up these layers by only felting the ends of the long furry fibers on and covering those ends with flat fibers. Repeat going inside until the desired width of fluff is complete.

I tried wet-felting my aranged merino pattern on as well. I have a feeling it might not stick as well. For small details like these I recommend a felting hook to needle- or dryfelt these one. Basically arange when dried and poke a felting needle through until the fibers of the separate parts connect.

After wet-felting (especially with raw/fresh from the farm fibers) rinse out your work to remove soap and dirt. Let it dry. Enjoy.
>>
>>9468043
i made the gun mostly out of MDF that i shaped on a belt sander, the raised details are done with thin foam. after that i plasti dipped it and painted it
>>
>>9468106
I know i said i'd make a video, and i will. But i can answer these quite quickly.

Dimming is mostly something you would do with a microcontroller like an arduino, deviating from the calculated resistance is generally pretty bad for your LED if you go higher (higher voltage, lower resistance), on the other hand if you go lower (lower voltage, higher resistance) the LED will not work because it has a minimum threshold before it activates. but thanks for the idea, i'll keep it in mind.

As for where to get them, your best bet is either ordering them online or go to your local electronics store.
(seeing as this is a dutch thread i'll go ahead and post some places: tinytronics.nl, aliexpress,nl, stores like europart and electroworld will most probably also be carrying them, but resistors are cheap AF so you're better off just ordering them in bulk )
>>
>>9468043
your name doesn't start with a Je by any chance?
>>
>>9468169
You could also use a potentiometer after your resistor to set the voltage anywhere between the max and min voltage required by your LEDs, thus being able to dim your LED's on the fly. Another fun (and pointless) thing to do is adding a LDR which lowers the voltage in darker environments and keeps the voltage the same in bright environments.
>>
>>9468196
i really like the ldr idea, in combination with a microcontrolley you could do some really interesting stuff(shifting blink patterns/colours at night etc.)
>>
>>9468196
>>9468202
now that i think about it, using an NTC you could also make your LEDs react to temperature in cool ways.
>>
>>9468202
>>9468204
Add a microphone to the equation and you've also got sound trigger effects, or accelerometers for triggering effects by making movements. Hell, why stop at LED's? Let's add audio and make a Green Ranger suit complete with the "woosh woosh" sounds!
>>
>>9468180
No it doesn't. Starts with an O if you are curious.
>>9468116
Thanks! I feel happy hearing that, spend some time picking colours.
>>
>>9468217
Oh yeah, sure, leave me out of the equation. It's not like I supplied you the raw wool, house, soap, and sat in the background angry mumbling at my own work.

But no, not a J aswell, K here.
>>
>>9468219
So so sorry. Had to type my original post like 3 times because of bad reception in the train. I mentioned you the first 2 times.

So yeah, shoutout to my one and only Landsknecht husbando, who helped me felt, supplied me with wool and entertained me with fake-wedding planning during the weekend <3
>>
>>9468219
>>9468227
goals
>>
>>9468219
>>9468227
nawhhhs cute
>>
File: IMG_20170508_215126.jpg (669KB, 1500x1125px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170508_215126.jpg
669KB, 1500x1125px
WIP of a d.va prop set commission i'm working on, almost done

>>9468219
>>9468227
shipping it
>>
>tfw no qt landsknecht husbando to supply me with wool
>>
>>9468420
I got one Landsknecht to be husbando on sale for you on MarktEndePlaets, right next to the "cute Leidsche deerne" categorie.
>>
>>9466633
I put effort in a post for a changr but no replies, k den. Also footfetish guy was there so for some formulacosplay feet check his deviantart
>>
>>9468780

CK has a Deviantart?
>>
>>9468860
Anon probably meant the Asian foot fetish guy.
>>
>>9468780
Thought he deleted his DA and pretty much anything that indicated his existence online.

>mfw I was in one of his blog post. With shoes on thankfully.
>>
>>9468780
Whats his deviantart?
>>
>>9468780
I mean i could reply with my cup size but that might invite creeps. Other than that I quite agree with your summary.
>>
>>9469563
Ok well I wasn't expecting you to be on here so I'm suprised to read this. I've always thought foam boobs were for people with not a lot of boob. I considered making them for modesty purposes but I'm afraid my boobs won't fit inside/under them
>>
>>9469563
Her boobs are glorious, not Ryuko glorious but still pretty magnificent on their own.
>>
>>9469781
Any size of breast underneath the size you are trying to creet you are good to go.
It's basically just some foam with latex slapped onto it.
>>
>>9469451
just google 'christian prime bot'

Jesus fuck I wonder how many undiagnosed mental illnesses that guy really has.
>>
>>9469802
What a creep.
>>
>>9469802
Quentin Tarantino would be proud of him.
>>
First sexy Charmander, now casual D.va? George Clooney's creativity knows no bounds!
>>
>>9469801
Hmm...might be useful, though for now, I'll be fine with a good pushup bra.
>>
>>9470250
luckly my G-cups dont need those.
but its still a cool way to be coverd while still having "clevage"
>>
>>9470278
I usually don't need a pushup with my DD-cup either, but for an exaggerated effect, it'll help.
>>
>>9470278
>>9470279
Is this a boob competition now cause it sounds like a boob competition now
>>
>>9470250
>>9470278
>>9470279
It's nice to feel and present it more modest + ryuko's design doesn't really flatter any size of boob. Anything C or smaller is like a plank, anything bigger and it'll sag (although I guess you could tape up your boobs to make it look okay)
>>
>>9470340
it wasn't my intention but we could probably start a boobcompo.
>>
>>9470347
>>9470279

>Sad ass A cup.
I hate y'all. ;_;
>>
I use push up bras for the over the top animu boob look (I'm an e/ nearly f cup) but holy shit it hurts after a whole day. Plus I bump into people at the dealer room, can't see past them when I drop something on the floor and overall it just feels fake/hard
>>
>>9470353
>implying that A cup is something bad
>>
File: IMG_20170509_201944.jpg (653KB, 1200x1600px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170509_201944.jpg
653KB, 1200x1600px
Finished my d.va prop set
>>
>>9470485
Looking good!
>>
>>9470353
I don't mind A cups at all, and I do not say that to make you feel good.
>>
>>9470353
Flat is justice!
>>
>>9470353
You can always do a boobjob if you really want something else with your body. There's nothing wrong with that as long as you don't go from A cup to Pornstar or get addicted to plastic surgery.
>>
>>9470353
As a cow-titted lolita I am so jealous of A cups. Just imagine:
>you can fit into all jfash
>you can crossplay with ease
>if you want to do cosplay of a busty character you can just wear a boobplate or inserts
>little kid characters are in your range too
>you don't have to order expensive custom bras
>sagging is less of an issue

Honestly I could go on forever. Treasure your ta-tas anon. If anyone makes you feel bad for your boob size they're not worth your time.
>>
>>9470600
Thanks for reminding me why love being an A cup (yes I'm a different A cup anon). Though some bra brands sell most of designs only in B cup and over (looking at you, Hunkemoller and Marlies Dekkers).

Also, other benefits:
- no annoying painful baggage when doing sports/going up or down the stairs/running/jumping
- comfy sleeping
- no perverts!!!!
Heard enough of complaints about big boobs from girls with big boobs to know I'd never want them.

As for aesthetics, I think all sizes are beautiful either way, as cheesy as it may sound. It may just give a different aura, smaller = cuter, bigger = sexier? Something like that.
>>
>>9470858
>- no perverts!!!!

That can be changed. You don't happen to live in Leiden, do you?
>>
>>9470858
Oh man, the amount of money spent on proper bra's as well as sports bras hurts me as much as my back when not using them...yes, treasure your size.
>>
>>9471074
>people tell you to just shop for bras somewhere cheap
>all bras in this size E50+
>choice of three colours
>fml

I know your struggle anon
>>
>>9470353
Maybe Robert can borrow you some boob.
>>
Breast no matter big or small.
They are filled with men’s hopes and dreams!
>>
Can this thread just end already...
>>
File: lol_wut.jpg (41KB, 200x200px) Image search: [Google]
lol_wut.jpg
41KB, 200x200px
>>9470600
>Cow-titted lolita
>>
>>9471289
>Post relevant content
>People respond with relevant content
>Sage limit hit
>????
>New thread
>>
>>9471319
MILK!
>>
File: 1466973914929.jpg (25KB, 700x466px) Image search: [Google]
1466973914929.jpg
25KB, 700x466px
This thread has reached it's bump limit and so a new thread can be found at >>9471363
Thread posts: 320
Thread images: 35

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.