[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How much would you side eye someone for calling Lolita something

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

How much would you side eye someone for calling Lolita something else?

I'm at the point where I refuse to use the name Lolita anymore because it's just not worth it. There's no existing alternative name, so I have to decide exactly what I'm going to call it (suggestions welcome, I kinda like Wonderland-kei, but its kind of silly) Sorry guys, I just can't do it anymore. Especially now that I'm in my mid-20's, it just feels so weird saying I'm a "Lolita".

Anyone else feel this way?
>>
>>9451152
Why are you such an ita? Gtfo the fashion.
>>
>>9451152
EGL. Easy. If someone asks what it stands for just say it doesn't, that's just the name of the fashion. Or the all-encompassing "japanese street fashion". Or just name the brand you're wearing. I've even seen classic lolitas get away with calling it dolly-kei to normies. It's not that hard to find something else to call it without completely changing the name of the fashion.
>>
>>9451152
There's probably something wrong with you if you're still wearing lolita in your twenties.
>>
>>9451182
What's the best age to wear it then, anon? 18/19 when you're broke so your parents have to buy brando for you?
>>
>>9451152
i'd roll my eyes really hard, honestly. realistically, how often do you have to VOCALLY use the term "lolita"? if you're saying it when normies ask what you're wearing, you realize you can just dodge the question and say something like "it's a japanese fashion" right?

i don't love the name either but i also don't have to say it or think about it very often so it's just not a huge deal to me. the name isn't going to change for you or anyone else, and you'll end up confusing people if you use a special snowflake term. just seems silly to blow something so minor out of proportion. you're an adult.
>>
>>9451152
>it just feels so weird saying I'm a "Lolita"
Well, don't say it like that then?
Just say something like "Oh, this is a japanese fashion, it's called lolita!"

I never really understood why people like to say they "are a lolita" for dressing in lolita fashion.
Like people who dress in fairy kei don't say "I'm fairy kei" (or at least I hope not that would be awkward)

>>9451182
Oh please, lolita is a fucking expensive hobby, most people don't have a steady enough income to get into it before their 20s
Not everyone has rich parents to spoil them
>>
>>9451189
>>9451195
That was meant to be mid-twenties.
>>
>>9451198
Getting a closet that's big enough that you can wear lolita often without wearing the same stuff over and over can take several years.
The only one who there is "something wrong with" is people who care that much what others do with their life lol.
I'd rather see well coorded lolitas in their 40s than itas in their early 20s
>>
>>9451216
This. People who say there is an age cap with lolita make me cringe. Fashion doesn't have an age cap. Hell, that 70 year old walking about in pink heels, pink boa, pink bra, pink mini skirt in San Francisco? You get it girl. If you care so much about what others think about your fashion, I feel sorry for you. Wear what you like regardless of age. Only people who are young have this issue. Thats why I respect older loltias more. They know the fashion, they know how to coord, they can afford quality pieces and don't defend replicas.
>>
Tbh if someone did this I'd probably answer with "oh, isn't it called lolita?"
>>
>>9451182
I'm so glad your variety of vacant attention whore idiot has a time limit to how long you stay in the fashion and gtfo so soon
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.