[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>westerners don't want to be entertained while eating,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

File: dracula's show and dinner.jpg (49KB, 600x400px) Image search: [Google]
dracula's show and dinner.jpg
49KB, 600x400px
>westerners don't want to be entertained while eating, that's why maid cafes aren't popular in the west

If westerners didn't want to be entertained while eating, why would then cabaret show and dinner places exist and be so successful?

Of course the difference between a maid cafe and a cabaret show and dinner is that in the cabaret show and dinner the entertainment is actually good and worth the money.
>>
who made that argument?
people watch TV while they eat all the time.
sometimes it's full meals, sometimes it's just snacks.

I mean you go to a restaurant and half the people are a) staring at their phones while eating or b) staring at the TV on the wall while eating
>>
>>9435096
>who made that argument?

Desperate fatty-chans grasping at straws why people don't care about their age play fetish.
>>
Obviously OP has never heard of mideval times.
>>
These things are attended by tourists 90% of the time. It's not really a omethinf where people have repeat customers like maid cafes need to survive. Also no american dinner theater performer comes to your table to cast a spell to make the food taste better. They can be cringey but not that cringey
>>
>>9435096
> people staring at their phones in restaurants
> people watching tv in restaurants
> restaurants that have tvs in them

where do you even live anon? do you mean fast food restaurants or gambling places?
>>
Maid cafe == soft core prostitution

Why is that so hard to grasp?
>>
>>9436346
I live in America. There are lots of restaurants that have TVs in them.
>>
>>9436350
> Anything arousing or cute is soft core prostitution

Do you realize how stupid you sound?

I wish maid cafes served beer
>>
>>9437803
LA technically has a maid cafe in little tokyo that serves beer. HOWEVER, its "american style"
sooo... everyone just wears maid lingerie.
>>
>>9436353
This worse than I already imagined America to be when it comes to tv
>>
>>9437810
I want to work there
>>
We do have maid cafes. It's called hooters. It's catered to the majority male taste. In Japan, maids are cute. In america, big titty and social is the standard. It's like going to any bar here and saying "why is there only sports stuff on? Can we watch anime?". You'd be laughed out of there.

Face it: maid cafes won't work here. The Internet makes it seem like there's alot of weebs, but really everyone's spread out too far to make it viable other then at cons, special events, ect.
>>
>>9435094
Did you find one random anon's opinion and make an entire thread out of it? Every single time a maid cafe thread comes up, it's pretty much always agreed upon that the cafes don't succeed in the west because the cute ageplay fetish is not common here. Most western men outside of anime cons prefer being served by "sexy" women and not girls in maid outfits, like >>9438101 already said.
>>
Because maid cafes are fucking cringey. Even Japanese people who aren't desperate neets think maid cafes are cringey. Really, they're the type of place you take your kids to to be entertained. It's like going to a chuck-e-cheese as an adult. It's cringe.
>>
>>9438166
>chuck-e-cheese as an adult.

You have literally described Dave & Buster's entire business plan.

But I agree there cringe, still am tempted to visit one.
>>
>>9438747
D&B is Chuck E Cheese for an adult, not visiting Chuck E Cheese as an adult. Huge difference. In this situation, it would be the difference between an actual maid cafe and a restaurant where the waitresses just happen to be wearing sexy maid outfits.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.