[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Sailor Moon Thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 20

File: vol3-2.png (1MB, 777x1037px) Image search: [Google]
vol3-2.png
1MB, 777x1037px
New Moon thread

image limit reached on the previous one >>9382904
>>
File: cgl saturn.jpg (120KB, 280x786px) Image search: [Google]
cgl saturn.jpg
120KB, 280x786px
>>9425719
I think you look alright already but I can think of some improvements to up your game. From top to bottom:
New wig, like>>9425920 said though I disagree that it should be long enough to almost touch the shoulders. I think the length in the back of your current wig is perfect but the shorter face framing parts don't really work for Saturn. I also think bringing those pieces longer around your face will make you look more slender/frail which suits Saturn.
I think your collar/bow area needs to be raised. The collar dips too low on your neck in too drastic of a v-neck.
I prefer more crisp bows but I know others like more natural bows, in which case yours is fine, maybe a bit big.
As for the hiproll, after you remake it so that it's less lumpy I would raise the side to be higher on your hips and then bring the v-point down more. You might need to modify the skirt after this though as is will probably look took long on the front center area. Probably best to cut from the top of the skirt so that you don't have to rehem the entire thing.

Hope that didn't sound nitpicky, I think your fuku is pretty good but a few improvements will really bring it together.

Here is a quick shoop to explain my suggestions.
>>
>>9426499
Thanks for all the suggestions for improvements! I will definitely be buying a replacement wig soon (it was originally a Greta from arda because their selection right before dragoncon sucked and I didn't realize how layered the wig would be in the front of the wig). I'll also be changing the neckline to be higher as well as getting a more cool toned, darker purple to replace my skirt and collar as well as new leather paint so the boots will match.

I appreciate the criticisms, and the shoop helped me to visualize how I want the new fuku to turn out. Thank you both, anons.
>>
>>
File: michiruxharuka.jpg (125KB, 472x352px) Image search: [Google]
michiruxharuka.jpg
125KB, 472x352px
>>9426498
Thanks for starting a new thread! I was just about to post a Haruka in response to >>9422421 when I realized the image limit had been hit.
>>
File: image.jpg (43KB, 270x450px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
43KB, 270x450px
Can't find a single picture of the canonical fuku, but I still think Merry Shannon was damn perfect for Haruka.
>>
This randomly showed up in my youtube recommended list.
Opinion on the cosplay? Aside from the fingerless gloves which i guess you need for playing the violin.
Also, I'm not sure if its two different girls or the same girl splitscreened.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JTkYeENE_CI
>>
>>9427258
I think that was really cool!
I the costumes are serviceable but not particularly impressive. The material choices make them look like they were probably mass produced and purchased though, not handmade.
Still a very neat video though.
>>
>>9426498
I'm having difficulty choosing a Pluto wig. All of the recommended ones seem too bright. I really like Arda's Mirkwood Green color, but their wig cap size is waaaay too big for me and I've heard their long wigs tangle easily. Am I better off getting one that is too bright (e.g. the forest green from Epic Cosplay in this picture) and trying to dye it a bit darker with black idye poly, or getting the Arda one and making the cap size smaller? I have hardly any wig styling experience.
>>
>>9428870
From my experience, going through the iDye poly process kills the integrety of wigs and the detangling process after is more than its worth for even shoulder-length fiber. Plus iDye makes a holy mess of my kitchen each time.
If you do go the dyeing route, I would sharpie dye or some other non-heat based process. Just using an Arda Silky and some wig clips to hold it on your head better might work as a compromise as well.
>>
>>9429327
Thanks anon! The only problem is that the Mirkwood Green color doesn't come in the silky (Seaweed), so I'd have to get the 'classic' style, which only comes in the super long Delilah (good for accurate length) or I could straighten a Luthien but it would be shorter. I guess this is more a question for the wig thread so I'll post it there too, but has anyone had luck using conditioner or silicone lubricant to soften the hair?
>>
File: image.jpg (267KB, 1200x1600px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
267KB, 1200x1600px
Has anyone seen someone make a Serenity/(manga) Neo Queen Serenity back bow that doesn't droop down (like pictured) and manages to stay up? How could you do it, you think? Wires? How could you keep the wires from being seen?
>>
>>9429361
I'd get a Luthien desu, it's better to get a slightly shorter wig so it won't compress your skirt. I've done silicone lubricant in addition to motions oil sheen on 2 classic delilahs merged together and the only way it's tolerable is when it's braided. More trouble than it's worth @ the con.
>>9429590
When I made my Neo Queen Serenity, I put wire in the hem of the top part of the bow and fishing line on one hem of the tails to make it stay supported. You can mostly hide the wire by spraypainting it white with plastidip/ some other metal-compatible spray. Keep in mind that the wire also needs to go all the way across the back like wings in order to actually stay up, and have some stabilization in the middle. I can pull out mine if you need more clarification.
>>
File: image.jpg (807KB, 900x2700px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
807KB, 900x2700px
>>9429606
That sounds perfect! I've been looking at butterfly wing tutorials to get any idea for how to stabilize it. I was thinking maybe something like pictured, but I'd have to do some experimenting on how to hide the back mechanism under the "gather"/middle of the bow.

If you wouldn't mind sharing your picture, I'd love to see an example of someone who built in some support for their bow! Most of the NQS bows I've come across are just regular really big bows that look a little sad and droopy. I always loved the way that the manga ones looked like transparent wings.
>>
>>9429590
i've considered sacrificing fabric transparency and putting something solid inside (like posterboard) for super sailor moon before
>>
>>9429649
That might get you a great shape, but the question is how to keep it from sagging down due to its own weight.

If you're going opaque, however, it should be pretty easy to make a support skeleton inside the bow like the fairy wings. That way you can get it to stand up-- and stay up!
>>
File: setsuna dress cosplay.jpg (141KB, 682x1024px) Image search: [Google]
setsuna dress cosplay.jpg
141KB, 682x1024px
>>9429606
>it's better to get a slightly shorter wig so it won't compress your skirt

I didn't even consider this, thanks anon! After witnessing my friend go through hell with her Rider wig, I was admittedly hesitant to go for accuracy. Luthien it'll be then!
>>
File: IMG_4391.jpg (633KB, 1519x2517px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4391.jpg
633KB, 1519x2517px
>>9429612
I did the anime version of the bow so it's a little different, but it should work pretty much the same way for stabilization. This is when it was still in-progress so some stuff is just pinned and messy.
I hid the middle of mine by doing a corset-back for the bodice and putting it behind the ribbons. For a better picture, I did a similar approach for Princess Tutu wings by just placing the wires in between the closures of hook & eye tape, and hiding the front business with flowers.
>>
File: nqserenity.jpg (585KB, 800x1200px) Image search: [Google]
nqserenity.jpg
585KB, 800x1200px
>>9429698
Gonna dump a couple big bows for inspo
>>
File: serenity.jpg (630KB, 960x640px) Image search: [Google]
serenity.jpg
630KB, 960x640px
>>9429714
>>
File: princess-serenity-cosplay-02.jpg (96KB, 500x750px) Image search: [Google]
princess-serenity-cosplay-02.jpg
96KB, 500x750px
>>9429718
this one's not super visible but it's wired
>>
>>9429719
>>
File: image.jpg (93KB, 540x720px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
93KB, 540x720px
>>9429698
>Did a Neo Queen Serenity costume.
>Did a Princess Tutu costume.

My soul sister.

I love the idea of doing a corseted back and hiding the structure between the laces/ribbons!! That's brilliant!

If I were to get ambitious but rubbish with it, I wonder if you could even use corset style boning along the back and use that for added support...

And if that doesn't work, doing a nice arrangement of flowers to hide the joining wings like you did with your princess tutu wings might work.

Thank you so much, you're a lifesaver!

>>9429723

That is exactly the inspiration pic I was hoping for. I am hoping to do something like that, maybe with a little wider base.

You guys are awesome, thank you so much.

And holy crap is the train from that cosbabe insane. She did a great job with the gathers, too.

Just to add to the thread, I thought Cupcake Cosplay did a pretty good job with those sleeves that make about as much sense to pattern as an Escher drawing.
>>
File: image.jpg (126KB, 799x1200px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
126KB, 799x1200px
From the last thread, the bodice/sleeve Holy Grail.
>>
>>9429832
man, this is fucking gorgeous. i'm so jealous at the amount of skill and patience this must have taken
>>
File: image.jpg (199KB, 900x1200px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
199KB, 900x1200px
>>9429836
Right? I'm thinking the large pearls are buttons. For everything else, homegirl has some crazy patience, amazing eyes, and remarkably steady hands.

Easily the best embroidery I've seen for the bust since I started following cosplay in 2003. The perfect mixture of canonical design and a creative eye to give the design texture.
>>
>>9429849
The main thing I'm wondering about the bodice beading is, are the beads / chains glued on? I don't see any threads, and usually thread-based beading on her bodice tends to end up messy-looking. But I'm not seeing any evidence of glue, either.
Judging by how close the large pearls are to the bodice, they're likely flatback pearls.
>>
File: image.jpg (500KB, 921x1376px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
500KB, 921x1376px
>>942986
For some of the large silver threads, they might be tacked on in the way you'd do Goldwork embroidery.

For the pearls and rhinestones, there are ways of doing embroidery where the thread won't show-- but the only one Im familiar with is Tambour Embroidery, where you stretch your canvas over a square frame and use a two thread method where you use one needle like hook from under the canvas and have your pearls/beads/rhinestones pre-strung on a thread above the canvas.

There are some great tutorials on YouTube, you can find tambour needles in Jo Ann's (wig makers seem to use them too) and one of the best tambour frames you can find is from the wal mart website.
>>
>>9429883
Thanks for the insight anon, that pic is gorgeous!
>>
File: image.jpg (81KB, 500x750px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
81KB, 500x750px
Can anyone recommend a costume maker who can do a sailor Jupiter costume that can be sized for a 6,2 300lb strongman.
>>
File: saturn cosplay shop.png (663KB, 766x792px) Image search: [Google]
saturn cosplay shop.png
663KB, 766x792px
Does anyone know a good place to buy pre-made senshi cosplays? A group of friends really want to do the full group but 7/10 are not interested in making them, aside from doing a few tweaks and fitting adjustments. They don't need to come with the footwear, tiaras, or jewelry (they'll probably buy nicer ones separately). Price is not really an issue, but they would prefer to not commission them.

Pic not really related, just the first one that showed in a general search.
>>
>>9431645
That one is from the same set as the Sailor Moon fuku I bought, I have a brief review/ pic of it in the previous thread.
It's decent quality, you just have to tailor the gloves/ suit, fix or switch out the tiara, and put in your own panties.
>>
Does anyone have a recommendation on where I could find a good leotard to use as a base for a Sailor senshi outfit? Thanks.
>>
>>9431794
Discount Dance Supply
>>
>>9431759
I just checked and I'm guessing >>9386439 is your post? I didn't realize the supplier was the same, but now that I look at it, they are similar. That looks good enough, thanks!

>>9431794
eBay should have some that are pretty good but it requires some sifting. I ordered some a few years ago for my friends that worked well, but the seller doesn't exist anymore. Try searching 'sleeveless leotard' maybe?
>>
>>9431645
Mandorake has some decent ones, but it's only the fuku, no shoes or tiara.
>>
>>9431810
I was actually going to ask if anyone had bought from there. I see them all the time and they don't look too bad, but I have no clue what the size equates to.
>>
>>9431805
Seconding this. I bought mine from there and it's pretty good quality. I'd recommend really paying attention to sizing though. I bought what I thought was my size and it ended up being a tad small. I was able to stretch it out though and it fit lovely afterwards.
Thread posts: 38
Thread images: 20

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.