[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is Chicago as dangerous as I hear? I'm thinking of going

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 3

Is Chicago as dangerous as I hear?

I'm thinking of going to Anime Midwest now.
>>
>>9426022

Nah, the con is super far from South Side. That's the only dangerous place.

/Thread.
>>
Yes it's super dangerous. Everywhere is dangerous. Don't even leave the house.
>>
>>9426025

Relevant. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z5Otla5157c
>>
Midwest has been killing it with guests. I'm really glad because ACen's been shit for guests lately.

Acen hired a new prez and guest head like 2 years ago, so maybe he was just getting his shit together and it'll start to improve though. I'm hoping.
>>
>>9426030

You mean Ken? Yeah I am wishing him luck!
>>
>>9426022
>Thinking Chicago as a whole is dangerous.

No, you're fine. The con is near the airport so you won't have to worry about being shot in a open area unless you somehow find yourself stranded on the south side in the middle of the night....or anywhere in the middle of the night.

>Anon who have lived in the south side all her life
>>
not dangerous, just fucking filthy.
>>
>>9427207

Have you seen NYC? Chicago is beautiful by compare to Times Square at night.
>>
>>9426022
You shouldn't believe everything you hear. Chicago does have a problem with crime, but it's tied to poverty and in comparison to the huge population, doesn't even put it close to the top of most dangerous cities in the US. Chicago is basically used as a political pawn.

tdlr; you'll be completely safe, you really have nothing to worry about.

Here's a couple things to ease your mind:
https://www.usatoday.com/story/money/business/2016/10/01/most-dangerous-cities-america/91227778/

Chicago is not listed.

https://www.neighborhoodscout.com/blog/top100dangerous

Didn't even rank in the top 100 most dangerous (though Harvey and Rockford did, which are part of the Chicago area, but not Chicago).
>>
>>9427350
No, i am from LA though.
>>
"I have never been to a large metropolitan area before ever in my life."
>this thread
>>
First time I ever flew into America I got stuck in Downtown Chicago at night for about 6 hours, everyone was very nice.
>>
>>9426022
I live in the city on the north side and it's perfectly fine. The south/west side is pretty bad, but it's way out of the and super easy to avoid. Besides midwest and acen are held in Rosemont which is pretty much a suburb. Don't believe everything you hear on the news. It's only a bad city in certain areas and if you're involved in gangs. It's really a beautiful city in the touristy areas and the north side, which are also pretty far from the convention center.
>>
>>9426022
Rosemont is a pretty safe place, especially in the con area. Besides, rosemont isn't even in Chicago, it's a suburb. Do some research, anon.
>>9427356
Rockford got listed? Fuck.
>>9426030
Yeah, AM this year is doing great with guests, So it'll be my first year. Acen on the other hand... let's just say some of their staff needs to get their shit together.
>>
people who ask this question are literally the most annoying.
>>
File: IMG_9474.png (28KB, 300x250px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_9474.png
28KB, 300x250px
>is Chicago as dangerous as I hear
Me and my mom went on a trip there last year just as a little weekend thing. The architecture is beautiful, lots of cool shops, museums, and restaurants. As long as you make sure you stick to the nicer areas and use common sense you'll be fine. But there are a shit ton of homeless. I'll never forget the land whale of a woman sitting in the middle of the sidewalk screaming SOMEBODY HELP ME like a broken record. She was the worst we saw by far.
We had no idea there was a Beyoncé concert going on so the hotel was pretty busy. We had someone call our room claiming they were the front desk and that they needed to "re-enter our credit card info." Uh. Yeah, I doubt it.
Once again, use common sense, stick with a group, bring some mace if you want to and you'll be fine.
>>
>>9426022
Are you retarded? Please stay out of the Chicago area. We don't want you here.
>>
>>9427477
>Do some research, anon.

Posting here is doing some research. Googling is just gonna show me what newspapers want me to see - I wanna hear from locals.
>>
>>9426022
Dude, it's in the suburbs. Just stick to the hotel and convention center.
>>
File: 1434595333163.jpg (25KB, 216x278px) Image search: [Google]
1434595333163.jpg
25KB, 216x278px
>>9426418
>Anon who have lived in the south side all her life
>tfw hate so much as mentioning living in Englewood
>omg anon why do you live there? it's so x, y and z!
It's like I tell people I'm an alien from the looks they suddenly give me. Though it is funny scaring suburban white kids sometimes.
>>
>>9426022
If you have to ask this question then just stay home and don't go anywhere. Chicago doesn't want you to visit anyway.
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.