[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DKg 8kl_fFuk New Lolita sho

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 106
Thread images: 7

File: wrw.png (740KB, 1148x850px) Image search: [Google]
wrw.png
740KB, 1148x850px
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DKg8kl_fFuk

New Lolita short on Vice
Thought, /cgl/?

I want to smack that boys elbows off the table
>>
>>9410469
Whenever I look at something on youtube I pause it and scroll straight to the comments. I always regret it. Do not scroll down to the comments unless you want to be angry.
>>
>>9410469
>Voldie in the preview image
ohh boy, here we go.
>>
>>9410469
I'm 40 seconds in an my eyes have already rolled out of my head and across the floor
>>
I just want to know why their are so many piercings. Didn't know that was a common accessory
>>
The brolita in the vid was actually decent? Also baka that awful hijabi lolita from last year from COF
>>
>>9410487
Yes, he looks pretty cute from the other shots. The camera isn't super flattering.
>>
The comments are horrible, as usual for youtube, but it reminds me that normies will always think Lolita is weird so we should stop bitching about how "OTT is costumey ): wahh this isn't a real fashion." No matter how we frame it, how we describe it, this style will always be weird to a mainstream audience and we don't need to pander to them.
>>
Everybody in that video was so cringey. The girl in the beginning with her whole "you have to mind your manners" and "modesty" thing annoyed me a lot. Lolita is not princess victorian tea time LARPing... it's just clothes. I'm glad that this documentary showed lolita in a nice/neutral light, but I wish they'd picked a better dressed or better spoken group of people to film.
>>
>>9410605
Too bad she didn't wear her hijab for the video
>>
I think it would have been received better if everyone they focused on wasn't so awkward.
>>
>>9410605
>I wish they'd picked a better dressed or better spoken group of people to film.

Same, but to be fair, they wouldn't have wanted to participate in the video.
>>
>Making lolita documentaury

>Uses white girls

why not use japanese u twats
>>
the first thing i noticed is that girl's atrocious outfit in the beginning of the video. what the fuck? her voice is really awful too. like, if you can somehow sound sweaty, she accomplished it
>>
>>9410469
The first girl kinda looks like PT with slightly better bangs
>>
>>9410611
>>9410605
>>9410617
At least they weren't edited out of context to look like complete aspies

this was more of a case of the aspies being the only ones willing to participate
>>
>that sad moment when voldie was somehow one of the least cringey parts of this

mind you, mainstream media coverage on this kind of thing is always gonna be awkward but like they do realise we're actually allowed to have fun right? this whole thing made it sound like some fake victorian "you better not show an ankle and hold your pinkies out properly or you're out of the book club, elizabeth" sort of deal, though it's at least a welcome relief from the usual living doll or ageplay angles
>>
>>9410714
I hope so. I was getting the vibe that Shamila was doing most of the interviewing and rambled on a lot about modesty/lifestyle aspects. Idk if anyone else besides them gave their input or not.
>>
>>9410714
They probably wouldn't have much of an angle if it were "they're otherwise average people who prefer certain types of clothing".
>>
Why do they always pick ugly, fat and badly dresses sperges? If I was a normie watching this video or any lolita "documentary", I'd think lolitas are weirdos too. God, I cringed so hard at the first girl and her ageplay-ish animu pajama.
>>
>>9410476
Looks like /pol/ invaded the comment section.
>>
>>9410469
why did they pick unattractive girls to interview?
>>
>>9410752
Her shirt looked like lucky charms
>>
>>9410752
because the newbies and aspies jump up at the chance to be in the spotlight and everyone else slowly backs away lest they get caught in the trainwreck. I think we've all learned to be cautious after the last few mainstream media disasters
>>
>>9410774
It could just be that people are free to express themselves. /pol/ doesn't have the stranglehold on being a fun asshole.
>>
>>9410606
She deleted those pictures from that time to hide it. Such an attention seeker.
>>
>average people who prefer certain types of clothing
>IF YOU DON'T FOLLOW THE RULES WE'RE GOING TO RIP YOU A NEW ONE!! YOU'RE SHOWING YOUR *SHOULDERS*!! WHORE! SLUT1111! BURN THE WITCH!! I'M CUTE EVEN THOUGH I LOOK LIKE A CLOWN HOW DARE YOU SAY I'M NOT CUTE YOU BORING WESTERN CUNT!!1

Average people obsessed with stupid rules that make for a stupid-looking fashion, pathetically obsessed with "cute" in a really desperate and obnoxious way that betrays a need to cover up their own ugliness outside AND inside, rather
>>
>>9410820
>t. stupid male
>>
>>9410822
You wish
>>
>>9410535
this
>>
>>9410629
same with the voice. her constant mouth breathing was killing me desu
>>
File: 1478984653772.png (111KB, 508x376px) Image search: [Google]
1478984653772.png
111KB, 508x376px
>>9410820
>>
>>9410820
(you)
>>
>>9410820
Oh it's you again, ita-chan
>>
>>9410486
It's still alt fashion and there it is common.
>>
>>9410693
first girl in the Video?.....
>>
On one hand, I'm disappointed there were no aristocrats. On the other hand, I'm glad there aren't any, because it probably would have been some normie guy anyways. But seriously, the only guy there is a brolita? Shame.
>>
>>9411043
Sounds like you wanted the people watching to hate the fashion even more.
>>
The video itself was fine. Vice didn't work any weird angles. The girls were a little socially awkward but, to be honest, a lot of lolitas I've met have been, so it's not inaccurate to depict that. This fashion attracts nerdy girls, let's be real.
That's some bullshit going on in the comments though, I know normies probably think terrible things when they see lolitas in real life and just have the decency to not say anything, but seeing what they have to say once they're behind a screen is really something.
>>
>>9411084
Most are just angry that VICE isn't talking about drugs. They are taking out their potrage on the video.
>>
File: 46786768.png (1MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
46786768.png
1MB, 1920x1080px
>>9411020
i agree with anon
this does look like the queen but in an alternate universe or some shit
>>
File: 1439499746650.jpg (55KB, 400x299px) Image search: [Google]
1439499746650.jpg
55KB, 400x299px
Damn this video is cringy AF.
>>
>>9410469
My bf pulled this up and asked my opinion today.

>thanks obama

https://youtu.be/SjSy4z27c78?t=23s
>>
>>9411084
Helps that the person who keeps doing these pieces legitimately is interested by the fashion. My only complaint is do we really need a "Vice Lolita" article every month? Because it seems like that's what she's been doing as of late and most of the pieces just seem pointless.
>>
>>9411090
That's who I thought it was too
Uncanny
>>
>>9411175
What do you expect from Vice? It's the outlet where communications majors go when they can't find a real job. People get rewarded by fucking around "reporting" on whatever fleeting interests they have without any substance.
>>
>>9410469
I'd say this is a bad documentary simply because it doesn't even explain what the hell lolita IS. If this was about a different subculture I was unfamiliar with, I would walk away with zero understanding of the culture. There isn't a context to their experiences.

This also seems extremely amateur on a technical level. It looked like 4 days worth of filming--a day with each of the 3 girls plus their interview, and the tea party. It seems more like a school project than a "professional" documentary... Some of the shots were pretty though, so I think the people who worked on it have potential. This just didn't turn out well.
>>
>>9410623
because Vice is specifically looking at Canadian comms for some reason
>>
>>9411287
Vice started in Montreal Canada..So they like to showcase Canadians subcultures
>>
>>9411496
>>9411287
also it was one particularily excited locally based reporter/journalist/whatever you want to call her who started this whole thing, why pay $$ (with the shitty canadian dollar too) to travel elsewhere if what you want to cover is right there locally anyways?
>>
File: 1488568330505.jpg (107KB, 588x800px) Image search: [Google]
1488568330505.jpg
107KB, 588x800px
>>9410469
>that comment section
How dare people do harmless things that make them happy and that you don't personally like or approve of?
Truly scandalous.
Also those "i cringed so hard i got cancer fuggin weebs : DD" comments are more cringy than the video itself. As well as the whole "lol butthurt conservatives/lol butthurt libtards" debate.
Can't /pol/ refrain from sperging for once?
We might dress "embarassing" but if anything,they're the one being embarassing getting so buttmangled over a fashion.
>>
>>9411672
But I gotta admit that the video was err...Not the best to represent lolitas in general.
>>
>>9411672
That video was cringy as fuck, can't blame /pol/ for getting a laugh out of it
>>
Welp, we're seen as even dumber now.
Great.
Not that I cared about what a bunch of normies think to begin with but if we could minimize the damage that would be great.
>>
>>9411672
well... 99% of Youtube commenters are the bastard children of Reddit and /pol/ who believe there is a SJW mafia controlling the government
>>
>>9411720
To be fair, cringy media features about the fashion have existed for years, probably for as long as the fashion itself existed. It's embarrassing but nothing truly disastrous. Imo the sooner we drop this, the better.
>>
Okay is that Shamila girl in the beginning the one who used too big too dark circle lenses that put her in uncanny territory in all her CoF posts? I couldn't find her on facebook. Who am I thinking of? Her close ups were super creepy.
>>
>>9410535
Well to be honest there is a big difference between a simple coord and full OTT coord which even normies can tell. Some themes, colors and styles also appeal better to normies but it's bullshit they will think a simple cute dress is as costumey as a dress with busy print, printed tights, huge wig and scepter. Just try it out youself.
>>
"When you're in lolita you should be elegant and refined !!!1!!1!"

My comm literally goes to bars and gets blackout drunk together on occasion for meets, this makes me laugh. Lolita is clothing, and nothing more.
>>
>>9411818
She is the fake Muslim girl.
>>
File: tumblr_lc9c50ugVq1qapfr8o1_500.jpg (224KB, 500x747px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_lc9c50ugVq1qapfr8o1_500.jpg
224KB, 500x747px
>>9411837
>"Just try it out yourself"

I've been in the fashion for a decade, before OTT was really a "thing". Normies think Lolita is weird. If they didn't think Lolita is weird, the coordinate would have to be super toned down barely-lolita casual classic. To a normal person even the simplest of lolita dresses are costumey. You've been in the fashion too long and its distorted your opinion of what constitutes casual and what doesn't.

It also depends on where you live, if you're in a small town, the more easier it will be to look weird to a normal person.

And most people only wear those OTT coordinates at events, surrounded by other Lolitas anyway so who cares.
>>
>when voldie is the least bad thing in your video
jfc
>>
>>9411053
Showing that there is more to the fashion than women in dresses may go further to dispel ideas that it's about ageplay than pretending that acting otherwise.
Why are lolitas always so quick to disregard the masculine half of the fashion?
>>
Not a bad video, but no one they covered was really good.. coord wise or the way they presented themselves. Especially that first girl, jeez.
>>
Its definitely not the worst Documentary....
>>
>>9412737
I didn't say it doesn't look weird at all, just that there is a difference how people will react depending how flashy you are dresses. I wear mostly old school and no one bats an eye. I should probably mention I live in a village with under 2000 people so I really stand out. I have only been asked once about my outfit in my own village. Zero times in a town nearby which has under 30 000 residents. Idk but older people tend to comment on how they wish more people were dressed like this and one lady even thought my dress was genuinly old. That never happens in modern sweet or with coords with certain styling though. A printless, simple jsk, cardi and a headbow wont stand out that much. Sure, it's still weird but there is a big difference.
>>
>>9412737
To be fair, if I was walking down the street, didn't know what lolita was, and saw someone dressed and posing like Choke in that "simple" pic I'd assume it was some weird ageplay thing because she looks like she's dressing like a kid from the olden days, especially with the light dress + black Mary Janes.
>>
>Vice
We don't deserve this
>>
>>9416927
I think you're the one with the issues here, anon.
>>
>>9410469
>Modest
>>
>>9416927
Yeah most normal people don't really know what age play is either so I think you'd be the only one thinking that.

The normies that Lolita, especially simple and classic Lolita, seems to appeal to is old ladies.
>>
>>9416927
I see black Mary Janes being sold in normie stores all the time. I think you're overestimating how normalised shit like ageplay has become. Get off tumblr and IG for a while and spend more time in the real world.

>>9417195
Grannies love my shit ngl
Younger people and men just complain about it not being sexy enough and the petticoat being 'weird'. I've never had an ageplay comment once and I wear mostly sweet-classic.
>>
>vice
Really surprised they did this, 90% of their "journalism" is click bait about some guy fucking a blowup doll or something. Either way, I can tell without watching it's going to be shit.
>>
>>9416927
I had never heard the term ageplay before coming on /cgl/. If you really think normies are so familiar with the term that they'll automatically assume an outfit they see in the streets is ageplay then you're delusional.
>>
>>9411131
>nerdcore hiphop
>u mean hamilton the musical
>>
>This is my provinces comm
>showed it to my bf
>"anon i dont want to see these videos anymore, i really dont want to dislike your hobby but these kinds of videos make me HATE it"
>me too bf, me too
>>
>>9410752
Because the fairly normal majority won't sell and get views. They want the weirdest freaks they can get ahold of to say 'whoa! look at THIS!!'
also vice, wanna not use the bitch who wore a hijab as a desperate attempt to get e-fame?
>>
>>9410820
And this is exactly why dumb fucking itas need to stop being in these lolita videos.
>>
>>9410469
Im not lolita but from a somewhat outsider's perspective i was thrown back by the shit color caleidoscope dresses with excessive accesorization, and by how every girl looked really fat or ugly --either because of the bulky dresses or simply because they are fat. The girl's they chose weren't very charismatic either.
>>
>>9418906
Was that girl claiming to be Muslim ever, or just wearing a hijab for more likes on COF?
>>
>>9419219
Just wearing a hijab because she had "permission from her muslim friend" autistic cunt
>>
>>9411843
I'm glad I'm not in your comm.
>>
>>9417195
Most normies do know what ageplay is these days, or they did at my high school.
>>
>>9419892
shut up, you're probably the autist in the video. go back to wearing your hijab and stuffing your face fatty-chan
>>
>>9420010

Getting blackout drunk is maybe cool if you're 20 in the states but it lost its appeal to me a while ago. I'd rather not forget entirely what happened that night and wake up in a pool of vomit in expensive brand. I'd totally be game for bar meetups though, especially to classy cocktail bars.
>>
>>9420025
Anon, your misfire makes it seem like you're already drunk
>>
>>9410469
>VICE
And into the trash this goes.
>>
>>9410469
I watched the first minute. She sounds mildly retarded.
>>
>>9420025
Agreed. I'd happily go wine tasting or to a cocktail bar with my comm but getting blackout drunk ain't cute no matter what you're wearing. Enjoy your brain damage I guess?

>>9420172
Follow the conversation. It's not a misfire.
>>
>>9420204
Oh you're right, my bad. I feel rather silly now.
>>
>>9416927
To be fair someone dressed like choke in that image and with a face like choke will look like a quirky fashionable girl whom everyone will smile at. Put an ugly fatty in the same outfit and people will think she's mental.
>>
>>9420311

To be truly fair though, an ugly fatty in anything other standard fat people tent is going to look off anyway. Made worse if the fatty is ugly due to not taking care of herself, but then layers on fancy princess dresses.
>>
>>9411843
yooo i'd hit you guys up t.b.h, sounds like fun
>>
>>9411672

Because if you are not watching comedy videos on buzzfeed, top40 shit on vevo while you go to your local fitness gym to get Swole you are not a normal person.
>>
>>9410469
this actually wasn't terrible.
I was expecting the worst.

what it ended up doing tho was making me feel really nostalgic for DSP's old lolita videos.
I hope to go to a lolita tea party someday. I feel like heaven is being around many frilly people, listening to cello music, and eating petit fours.

>one day I won't be a lonelita
>>
hasn't VICE also done a vidoe on Lana Rain?
>>
>>9420544
>tfw the people who shit on me most for being ~weird~ are my unemployed morbidly obese cousins who sit at home watching reality tv all day
On the one hand their lives are so pathetic that it shouldn't matter what they think of me, but on the other hand the fact that they have the audacity to look down on me, from their position in the gutter of society, actually makes me angrier than if some successful person was doing the same. They're exactly the sort of people who love these sorts of freakshow "documentaries" too, but I think Vice is too highbrow for them.
>>
>>9420843
People that shitted on me for what I wear, wear the same musty clothes every day.
>>
>>9410469
>Lolita
>Modest
>MODEST

HAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH
>>
File: IMG_7844.jpg (459KB, 2000x2000px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_7844.jpg
459KB, 2000x2000px
>>9410807
Can't hide what's been posted to the internet. Once it's there it's there forever and can be found with basic google searching.

I didn't like that the documentary was mainly " I was such a weird child and Lolita helps me embrace it." And " I dress this everyday because it's me and who i am" like okay but most of us grow out of that " it's not a phase mom, it's who I really am" attitude when we become independent thinking beings.
>>
>>9411090
She's like a cuter version of Teriyaki
>>
>>9426911
How dare you? The queen is the kawaiiest of them all
>>
>>9426391
if that's a replica: disgusting
if that's legit sdd (my dream dress): Disgusting
>>
>>9426391
those fucking shoes
everything about this JUST
>>
>>9412840
But seriously, what about the menz?
>>
>>9426250
We don't have our tits asses hanging out like all those mainstream sluts so clearly lolita is super modest and demure uwu
Thread posts: 106
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.