[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

can anybody realistically stuff themselves into a corset under

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1

File: 61NcZTCdkJL._UX522_.jpg (36KB, 522x522px) Image search: [Google]
61NcZTCdkJL._UX522_.jpg
36KB, 522x522px
can anybody realistically stuff themselves into a corset under their cosplay and expect positive results if you're trying to get that shape in the mid section?

if so, what corsets do you reccomend for this purpose, not show.
>>
>>9377020
Yes just buy a well made one, AKA an expensive one. Go to a corset maker and get them to custom fit you. Tell them what your goal is.
Also it helps to layer shape wear over the corset to smooth things out.
>>
>>9377020
It really depends on what shape you are going for exactly and where you are starting. Not everyone can cinch down 6+ inches to create a super dramatic hourglass. Most people only cinch down 3-4 honestly.

Generically orchard corsets has some great steel boned waist training corsets for under 100 once again depending on your body type you can get a decent reduction but you have to season them and work your way down to your final result. For dramatic curve corsets i would suggest Ties that Bind. They have a corset that gives you the Garnet type cinch. Her corsets run about 250 tho.
>>
>>9377020
Yeah there's lots of corsets for this. Orchard Corsets basically specializes in this. You could probably go an easier route with shapeware tho
>>
Bumping for more info
>>
Not OP but I was wondering what kind of corset or waist cincher I should use to minimise the front and back bulk of the item itself. I have an underbust corset from Restyle that gives me a wonderfully dramatic hourglass shape when viewed from the front, but the front busk and back boning/lacing adds so much bulk that from the side I actually look larger than I am and I can't fit certain dresses with it on. Is there a way to get more even reduction on all sides? Preferably something that would fit a small waist but wide hips.
>>
>>9380518
Not really. The squish has to go somewhere. When you wear a standard waist training corset you have an hourglass from the side but might look wider/thicker from the side. Thats because that is where it is shifted to. You would need a custom made corset that cinches in more at the waist than it does at the top or bottom that way the extra is pushed up or down.
Your laces shouldnt create too much bulk if you are tucking your ends well and not using too much lacing. Lucy corsetry on youtube has a ton of great information and tutorials as well as corset reviews.

I hope this made sense explaining it in tex t is really wierd and hard.
>>
C O R S E T T H R E A D
O
R
S
E
T

T
H
R
E
A
D

can anyone rec stores beside orchard corsets? wasn't there another one called timeless trends or something?
>>
>>9381878
I have one from Mystic City Corsets. It was a very reasonable price, and it has lasted me a while. I have a natural hourglass shape already, and their corset works really well for my shape. It allows me to cinch tighter than many other off the rack corsets. Would recommend.
>>
>>9380793
It's not so much the squish as the fact that the busk and boning make a straight line where my front and back are normally concave, especially my back is very curved. There's actually a slight gap between the corset and my body around my lower back. I figure it's just the corset, but are there any corsets or cinchers where the boning/lacing in the back curves inward along with the body? My waist is only 25" so it's not like I need to move big globs of fat around but I'd like a slight, even cinching all around.
>>
>>9381878
I'm personally a fan of What Katie Did...they're ready-to-wear and are pretty mid-range price wise (200-ish). You can even get them on sale sometimes if you're lucky. The quality is loads better than orchard, which kinda hurts after a while.
DESU for my Elizabeth cosplay I ended up working with a local-ish corsetier (sin and satin, for those interested) and it is the comfiest thing, I can wear it all weekend for a con and be fine.
Slightly related, has anyone tried making a corset before? I've been eyeing a pattern on Etsy for a while now and I'm thinking of taking the dive.
>>9382214
I would say you might want to go with a corset with less height to achieve what you're going for, because I've never personally heard of anything under a straight busk.
>>
>>9383137
I made a corset before and it's... okay! It's not the best one I've ever worn, but I did like the fact that I could adjust it as I pleased. I wore the hell out of it. I'd definitely make another one sometime.

I'd post a pic but honestly, it's aged poorly and I'm kind of embarrassed by baby's first corset attempt.
>>
>>9382214
Ah ok. You need to season your corset. By wearing it for short periods of time (30 mins the first day then 1hr the next and so on) and slowly tightening it you can slowly cause the boning to take to your curves and fit more comfortably. It does take a little while tho. It also might be possible that you aren't wearing the right size. If you can lace it completly closed it is too big. You should have no less than a 1in gap when you are tightly laced.
>>
>>9380518
Go for curvier corsets. What Katie did is good for otr. But depending on your reduction you may need to just work in it. Like if you are 26 inches without, you may not be reducing enough to make it so that with the corset you are less than that, so you may be 27 with or 26 still even though internally you are smaller. Corsets add bulk.
>>
>>9382214
>>9383325

Never heard the 1 inch gap when tightly laced idea before. A corset that closes completely without any reduction is where it's too big. When sizing corsets, I've always been taught go off your natural waist size and select a corset 3-4 inches below that, unless you're a tightlacer who can go for a greater reduction (more than about 4 inches reduction is not a good idea for an unseasoned corset wearer, especially if you're not very big to begin with and don't have much to squish in. Go for a cut of corset that fits you well. If you have a small bust, overbusts can be too big so an underbust can be a better option. I was taught how to wear corsets by friends who do tightlace.
>>
>>9383325
>no less than a 1in gap
Not true, especially if you are planning on training. You actually would want a bigger gap if you want to waist train since it is a work in progress.
>>
>>9383898
Hence why i said you dont want anything less than a 1inch gap. If i can close my corset completely it means that i need to get a smaller size because i have reached the max that I can cinch. I find that with having at least a 1 inch gap as a marker it is a good indication that i am running out of time on my current one.
>>
>>9383809
My apologies for not being completely clear. I have difficulties explaining some things through only text. Im not sure if i can fully explain what i mean when i say "if you can close it completely it is too big" because it definately is not as open and shut as that.

In my experience waist training and tight lacing unless i am buying a corset that is significantly smaller than my uncinched waist (lets use the 3-4 inches that is common) and i can close it all the way i am not getting the best fit and the corset is prone to shift and warp during seasoning.
Because the person i was replying to said that the boning is creating a straight line at thier back instead of hugging the curve of thier back i assumed that the corset is not fitting correctly and probably isnt as tight as is should be. A corset should not "gap" when worn.
Hopefully i explained myself a little betrer this time.
>>
>>9377020
What you have pictured there is perfect (and cheap) if your goal is JUST shrinking your waist.

The problem is if you don't have an Asian-tier rib cage/bust and ass/hips it can look out of proportion very easily (unless thats what you are going for.

Also wear a close fitting slip or even a body-shaper over the corset to hide the lines of both the corset and your fat spilling over. If you are really cranking that sucker down to a tight setting, you should wear some breathable and super thin fabric under it as well to prevent marks, welps and other unpleasantness.

If you want chest and hip shaping with a corset meant to flatter you, forget it unless you want to get into the sub-culture. It takes so much shopping around, custom measurements, and hundreds of dollars for a made-for-you corset than can manage your proper form safely and comfortably and efficiently.

Even when doing everything right you can get a bad fit from even the best corset makers. My first corset was by the top of her industry back when proper corsetry was close to non-existent.

I went in person for multiple fittings and measurements and drilled into her head exactly what I needed it to be and out of the box, it didn't fit snuggly on top, left a huge round belly shape because of the busk, and I was able to immediately lace down to its tightest setting on day-1 (which should take AGES for a waist-training corset) with only about an inch or two differences, which is quickly made moot by the bulk of the corset.

If you have only a passing interesting in corsets for shaping purposes, stick to the best body-spandex/corset belts or just lose some weight.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.