[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey so this is coming up in a couple weeks and I'll be visiting

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

File: image.jpg (61KB, 326x290px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
61KB, 326x290px
Hey so this is coming up in a couple weeks and I'll be visiting my mom in the area that weekend, was thinking of attending for a day with my SO.

Anyone on here planning to go or been in previous years? Is it worth the price of a day pass?
>>
>>9350226
Bump for interest, I live here and might check it out. Curious how a comic con differs from an anime con
>>
Went there last year as an artist. I did decently enough but I had some friends who were local that didn't even break even. There were a ton of empty tables that they couldn't fill last minute that they had to tell artists to spread their wares out so it wouldn't look empty to the attendees.

Even from an attendee POV, it seemed pretty dead? Most of the people there were normies who showed up just to check out what a convention is like or people showing up to hang out with con friends. There's virtually no programming and the show aggressively promote celebrity signings/photo ops. That's generally how most Wizard World conventions go though. Light on the panels, heavy on celeb-oriented for-profit activities.

It might be fun if you're going with friends and want to hang out but if you're expecting programming, it's probably not worth it. If you're really into celeb meet and greets and there's a guest you really want to see, it might be worth it for you. The security guards were extra rude last year and made it difficult on the exhibitors to load out but that's a whole another story.
>>
>>9351968
Is it possible to just lobby con for a couple hours? I'm not really into the guests or programming they offer and idk if I can justify 50 bucks just to see some cosplay
>>
>>9351973
From what I remember, I think they only checked badges at the exhibit hall doors, so you probably could. Although I'm not sure how big the turn out would be to justify it. Maybe if you were just ghosting on Saturday since that tends to be the busiest day?

From what I've heard from my OR friends, Rose City Comic Con is supposed to be the better comic convention in the PDX area. Wizard World cons are super corporate/for profit and all tend to push the celeb angle so if you wanted to see what an actual comic con is like, try RCCC instead.
>>
>>9351978
Thanks for the info anon, my mom lives in the area and I'm going up for a visit anyway so I'll probably at least swing by to check it out.
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.