[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Katsucon 2017 thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 341
Thread images: 49

Didn't see the previous one in the catalog anymore so starting a new one. Katsu's about a month away. What are you currently working on? Any photogs to avoid this year? Etc etc...Discuss.
>>
>>9319641
>Any photogs to avoid

All jokes aside, this is why the community is so plagued with bad photographers.
>>
Wondering if I should travel from New York for this with only a month's notice or pass and wait for next year.

Apparently, I'm spoiled from having Momocon, Dragoncon, and AWA all in my backyard for years. I guess people in New York travel out of state for AB and Katsu as a general practice?

I'm just worried its going to be a waste of time and money considering I have no hotel, have not paid for any transport or badge, and have no friends in NY or MD that I know that cosplay or go to cons.

If I do go, I'm not going to wear anything new or spectacular, maybe some retro shit nobody will get like Golden Boy or Gundam Wing.
>>
>>9319641
Working on Eros Yuri and fixing up some wigs.
Not sure on photogs to avoid (since I don't deal with them), but I'm tired off their drama clogging up the thread. Take it to the photog thread.
>>9319853
That's a tough call, especially if you don't have any friends going. If you really want, make sure you have enough funds and try to secure a room asap.
>>
File: scrooge_mcduck-e1334907919275.jpg (96KB, 572x377px) Image search: [Google]
scrooge_mcduck-e1334907919275.jpg
96KB, 572x377px
I have more money than sense and forgot to buy a VIP badge. I don't care about any of the VIP access stuff, I just don't want to wait in line.

How much do you think I'd have to slip a staffer to cut to the front of the pre-reg line? $50? $100? Or would bribing the poorest-looking person in the line be more likely to work?
>>
>>9320183

isn't the cash line much shorter than pre-reg line typically?

Just go buy a cash badge for $75 if waiting is really that painful to you

I'd say that also puts an upper limit on the value of your "bribes", as stupid of an idea as that is..
>>
I'm on the ropes about going this year. Only way I would go for sure is if I can secure space in the Gaylord.
>>
There going to be a bar meetup this time around?
>>
I'm wrapping up my Dolores from Westworld and just now starting Battle of the Bastards!Sansa.
I also just found out my parents are wanting to reuse their Walking Dead cosplays from walker stalker con so I want to throw in....someone. At least for the few hours they'll be there. Maggie? Beth with a big exit wound? Idk.

This is the first year my friends and I have an atrium view so I'm excited. I've also never been on Thursday so it'll be a nice chill Friday morning
>>
Found out most of my friends and my gf probably can't go so I'll probably have a hotel room with just me in it. I'm sad.
>>
>>9320985
Host a party. Hell, invite me and drink.
>>
>>9320994
Ahaha I don't want to have to pay the repairs to my room. Might take you up on the drinking bit though. You go to the cgl meet up?
>>
>>9321009
If one ends up happening, sure.
>>
How long does pre-reg usually take on Friday?
>>
>>9321028
Like an hour-ish? Katsu is usually pretty bad with their pre-reg.

Also I'm >>9320985, anyone potentially need a room? I have a regular room at the Gaylord.
>>
>>9321054
Got an email a can shoot at? I'd be up to filling space.
>>
Katsu really needs to extend their Thursday night pre-reg badge pickup hours. The line is always ridiculous. At least open it at 4pm.
>>
>>9321054

Like >>9321222, need room.

How much would a spot be?
>>
>>9321261
Thank god I got VIP this year.
>>
This is my first year going. Worried none of my costumes are good enough and I'm going to feel like shit. Maybe I can just dissolve into the crowds and not be looked at too hard.
If I hadn't already committed to hotel & badge, I'd skip, but I'd feel like an asshole for dropping at this point with all the group commitments I've made.
Hope it'll be more fun than I'm expecting.
>>
>>9320361
Yeah, if you just want through the line quickly, just pay cash at the door. The vast majority of people pre-order.
>>
File: CyqOZGzUAAA_vHa.jpg (47KB, 720x403px) Image search: [Google]
CyqOZGzUAAA_vHa.jpg
47KB, 720x403px
>>9321054
I need space for two, me and a friend.
>>
>>9319641
Working on Shiba Raito from Concrete Revolutio. I'm hoping it turns out well since I'm not the best, so if it doesn't work out I have a Sogiita Gunha from Magical Index that I'll wear instead.
>>
File: UFfhcNN.png (204KB, 372x349px) Image search: [Google]
UFfhcNN.png
204KB, 372x349px
>>9321222
>>9321363
>>9321838

Email is [email protected]

I'm a normal guy that wants to enjoy the con. Preference goes to people that are down to drink with me and pay their dues ahead of time. Everything else can be discussed over email.
>>
>>9321640
Hey anon, don't worry. Lots of people without costumes and lots of people with horrible costumes will look 'worse' than you. But I'd recommend stop stressing over what you'll look like, I'm sure you'll be fine.
Have fun and don't stress the small stuff ~
>>
>>9319695
Because we let them, people don't care about bad photogs as long as they give photos and don't promote the good ones.
>>
>>9321640
Hey anon, agreed with
>>9321948
There are plenty of those who half-ass it (and just look bad.) Plan on bringing something that you know you look/feel good in if you do run into issues.

Also programming is up. Couldn't they at least made a comprehensible spreadsheet? Unless I'm missing something.
>>
>>9319853
What part of ny are you in?? I just moved to albany from Charleston SC and plan to go to Katsu so we could definitely meet up and talk about how much better it is down south.

Does anyone have any experience with the masquerade? If you're being judged on craftsmanship, is a skit required? Would not doing a skit effect your score?
>>
>>9321936
bruh that email isn't working for me
>>
>>9322487
I live in Manhattan now.
>>
>Hosting a room at the Gaylord
>Just added our 11th person
>One of the roommates just posted their lineup of 7 cosplays

A-anyone have any tips for rooming in a basic guest room with 10 other people?
>>
>>9322635
Stay quiet or else you risk being kicked out if others report you
>>
>>9322635
>11 people in one room
WTF is wrong with you, mate
>>
>>9322635
You should definitely enforce a luggage limit.
>>
>>9322635
Luggage limit, and you better be fucking quiet. You'll get kicked out with no refund you idiots.
>>
>>9322635
I unfortunately had to be in a packed room like this last year because friend booked the room.
>only 2 keys for 2 queen room, about 10 ppl
>4 cosplayers, rest are casuals
>constant miscommunication
>friend's gf (that no one liked) called for more pillows without letting room organizer know
>had a freak out and 2nd in commander had us all leave so she could calm him down and in case the hotelkeeper peeked in
>toilet constantly flooded with shit/piss
>roommate planned a cosplay to match a friend without telling her and had to help him last minute
>thankfully had a bed all 3 nights

Absolute hell. Fuck em; got my own room this year with people I know well. Try not to do this again for everyone's sanity and attitudes.
Be quiet, have rules, no calling room service, being extra toilet paper, do not disturb ALWAYS on door, get everyone's contact info so you can contact about emergencies/changing keys.
More suggestions: >>9226468
>>
>>9321936
>>9322549

Sorry, turns out yandex sucks for quick throwaways. New one is

[email protected]
>>
>>9322635
Tbh you're probably fucked.
Sounds like you're set in stone so do shit like confirm who gets a bed on each day, determine luggage restrictions or else there'll be no space, who's using the shower in the morning/evenings, and how card keys will be distributed. You need to run a very tight ship and force kickouts without refunds if someone does something fucked
>>
>>9322635
If anyone is driving, have them bring extra pillows and linens from home, since hotels always run out of them quickly. Might as well bring extra towels and toilet paper too, when you have that many people in your room.
>>
>>9319641
Photos to avoid are here: >>9322024
>>
>>9322635
You should've capped the room at 7.
Everyone (EVERYONE!) has to bring their own towel, pillow, and blankets.
Make a bed and shower schedule.
1 luggage per person, no exceptions.
No randos and friends in the room, no exceptions.
Allocate keys and key buddies (group people up, if they need to get into the room or need the key, they share with that group of people).
Anyone who complains about the rules will not be allowed to stay.
>>
>>9322635
>being so poor that you have to room with that many people
Ever consider that maybe this isn't the hobby for you?
>>
Bring power strips
>>
I'm honestly expecting people to drop out, but planning for if they dont. This wasn't planned, it was mostly just "okay, this is who we have in the room now" and then someone added another person and then the other person became three. One of them doesn't show up until later in the weekend so that's good, and I'm already making schedules, rules and letting people know I won't put up with any crap. Thanks for the tips on bringing blankets and pillows, I'm only bringing 3 cosplays along with basic toiletries/normal clothes and I've let everyone else know there's a limit. If my one friend (who's up to NINE fucking cosplays) has a problem they can find another room. I didn't plan for 11 people, and this is a dumbass move on my part, but I think I'll be able to make it work.
>>
>>9323030
Can I hang out with you at some point during the con?I want to see this room for myself desu. I'll bring booze
>>
>>9323030
You need to document this for prosperity.
>>
>>9319853
If you need a ride I am coming from NY so sure!
>>
Hey all, me n some friends are from the area where Katsucon is held (DC), and just throwing it out there there are a couple of cheap hotels/motels in Alexandria across the bridge, especially on Richmond Highway. Like for Magfest we stayed at a place called Budget Host Traveler's Motel for like $75/night. It's a 10 minute drive, so if you split a Lyft or Uber it's a pretty good deal. We can't stay again cus we got blacklisted for having like 7 people in a 2 person room then proceeding to trash it but it's still a pretty good deal for the rest of you! Also, if anyone's got room for 3 people (me n two friends), we're familiar with the area and the con, so pls lemme know if anyone wants to learn how to drink. Because I'm usually the posterboy for plastered at these cons lol. So yeah if anyone's got hotel room close by or at the Gaylord lemme know and I'll drop my email.
>>
>>9323795
>Hey anyone got a room?
>We got blacklisted for trashing a room

Really? Are you fucking serious?
>>
Is there a rave this year?
>>
>>
File: 1480649660819.gif (20KB, 600x450px) Image search: [Google]
1480649660819.gif
20KB, 600x450px
So wheres the meetup this year?
>>
>>9323106
>prosperity
kek
>>
>>9324023
I dunno, last year's organizer isn't going. I'm debating hosting it for Thursday or Friday.
>>
>>9324063
If you do Friday, I would 100% show. Plus, I bring booze.
>>
Anyone been to the MGM yet? My husband plays poker and wants to check it out but I've heard it's still been pretty fucking crazy. My friend and I don't gamble but will probably go to check it out and maybe get drinks or piss $20 away on slots Thursday night.
Anyone check it out yet?
>>
>>9319641
How common are Gaylord cancellations prior to the con? I already have a room elsewhere, but I would really like to be in the Gaylord and not have to move my car/rely on an uber to get to my shoots.
>>
>>9324377
I'm going to cancel a room soon. I'm guessing a few others are as well.
>>
>>9324443
I've been refreshing every day, but is there a more efficient way to look for cancelled rooms (like a facebook group)? I've had no success finding a Katsu rooming group. On that same note, if you or someone you know is willing to transfer your reservation I'll exchange contact info
>>
>>9322702
Sent a message to the inbox.
>>
Hi all. Me and my friends live sorta close (Silver Spring) but got a hotel anyways (cus drinking and driving is bad mmm'kay). We found a cheap-ish place like 10 minutes down Oxon Hill road, a Red Roof Inn for like $300 or so for that weekend (room with two beds and a couch i think). We booked it, but just thought people unfamiliar with the area would appreciate a psa.

Also, kinda dumb question, but anyone who hasn't got their badges yet and want to do the group rate thing? I usually just wire my friend money so I'm not sure how it goes for groups but if it's a safe process lemme know and we can spend those extra $5 each on beers at the liquor store across the street from where me n my people are staying lol
>>
>>9324063
Friday evening!
>>
>>9324538
I'm so down for Friday evening!
>>
File: qrxY4sV.png (216KB, 819x458px) Image search: [Google]
qrxY4sV.png
216KB, 819x458px
>>9324562
>>9324538
Thats enough for me, where are we going?
>>
I think for last year's Friday meetup, it was down in the Atrium near the gardens, but it was kinda hard to talk since it's heavy traffic. Maybe let's aim for somewhere in the con center with less traffic?

Is anyone else willing to co-host? I'm honestly a nonamer here lol but I'll do my best
>>
File: IMG_9479.jpg (49KB, 640x841px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_9479.jpg
49KB, 640x841px
Katsucon actually organized the panels by category. Now it's easier to browse, but still waiting on those times/rooms.
Anyone looking forward to anything?
(It's been years since I've dabbled in higurashi/umineko, hopefully I can check that one.)
>>
>>9323030
The Gaylord's bed have some clearance under them, so things like shoes, empty bags and such can go under them, which is nice.

Since the rooms always come with a dresser, take advantage of them, and take out snacks or clothing ind store them in the drawers and then store the empty bags in the closet or under the bed.

If you have that many people, I would also say get a bottle of cheapo shampoo and conditioner so the hotel provided toiletries don't get used up the first night, and you don't have to worry about people stealing your bath supplies if you let people share a $2 bottle of shampoo.

Also bring an old towel to wipe up water on the bathroom floor.

Good luck, anon!
>>
>>9326863
Are there any microwaves in the hotel that can be used by attendees?
>>
>>9327037
There's only one in the coffee shop, so once the shop closes, you're assed out, unless you have the Presidential Suite ($5K/night). The microwave is on the right side of the shop.
>>
File: 61176GWA+gL._SL1365_.jpg (83KB, 805x1365px) Image search: [Google]
61176GWA+gL._SL1365_.jpg
83KB, 805x1365px
>>9327037
Unfortunately, in the Gaylord, there's only a mini fridge, so if you're out of luck in the reheating department.

If you or any of your friends have a hot water pot, it can a complete life saver if you intend on eating instant foods like oatmeal, mac and cheese or ramen.

You can get pic related on Amazon for about $17.
>>
>>9323071

petition to relocate the entire /cgl/ meetup and everyone in this thread into the 11-person room
>>
>>9327507
Let's do it. Revolving door style.
>>
File: 1478676354879.jpg (51KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
1478676354879.jpg
51KB, 640x480px
Does Katsucon have a ban on holding signs?
>>
>>9328774
I think just free hugs or whatever.
>>
File: 1485138456581.jpg (77KB, 600x450px) Image search: [Google]
1485138456581.jpg
77KB, 600x450px
https://www.twitter.com/seanspicer/status/302491904707272704
>>
>>9328898
>katsu 2013
>the one where the congoers fought the Jewish youth summit attendees

HMMMM.
>>
>>9324233
I did. It's a good place to gamble. Plenty of slots but there is a dedicated for table games. I'm planning to visit again next weekend.
>>
>>9328913
the plot thickens
>>
>>9328774
Staffer here. There is a ban on signs in general unless they are integral to your costume. The reason why behind this "Free Hug" con goers who ruined it for others.
>>
>>9327037
Why not just buy a stash of cliff bar or protein bars?
>>
>>9328987
Seriously overstepped his boundary or something? Deets?
>>
File: Katsucon Lineup.jpg (431KB, 1200x1200px) Image search: [Google]
Katsucon Lineup.jpg
431KB, 1200x1200px
Got my lineup. Hopefully I should have Bakugou finished by then, but I have his school uniform ready just in case I can't finish in time. There's always next con. Any BNHA cosplayers gonna be there on Sunday?
>>
>>9320504
Well then you're not going this year because the Gaylord was sold out when I checked room prices 4 months ago.
>>
>>9329001
I was originally going to do Bakugou, but I am not sure how I am going to make the props yet. While props is my specialty, very different from anything I have yet to make. May just finish it later.
>>
>>9329001
I'll be Tsuyu on Sunday!
>>
>>9329001
Btw your cosplays are amazing. I remember your name. Hope to see you around.
>>
File: 16 - 1.gif (3MB, 297x248px) Image search: [Google]
16 - 1.gif
3MB, 297x248px
/cgl/ yearly meet'n'drink where?
>>
File: 1484366295890.png (1MB, 610x867px) Image search: [Google]
1484366295890.png
1MB, 610x867px
Are we allowed to protest at the con? I want to send a big f*ck you to Herr Drumpf
>>
>>9329457
Isn't having fun and dressing up as a fictional character enough of a protest?
>>
>>9329457
Why politicize an event where I'm putting on a pretty dress and acting like a faggot? Plus its in Maryland, theres enough protests as it is.
>>
>>9329457
I want to send a big f*ck you to anyone who's protesting Mein Fuhrer.
>>
File: 1452742356467.jpg (653KB, 3000x2805px) Image search: [Google]
1452742356467.jpg
653KB, 3000x2805px
>>9329673
Now now, we can't get into fights. It'll mess up our costumes.
>>
>>9329684
In a /pol/-tan cosplay, there's not much to mess up. Just a suit, really.
Not that I would fight anyone anyway. I doubt that anyone would seriously consider protesting, and that post above was probably total bait.
>>
>>9329691
You'd be surprised how many gulls are a little lefty. But hell, if you're pol-tan its your job.
>>
>>9329457

You have to go back, Podesta.
>>
>>9319641
Just a heads up that more rooms opened up in the block last night for whoever needs them. However, they are only available through Katsucon and not available to the general public. So you can't use the Gaylord site, only this link:

https://aws.passkey.com/event/14862031/owner/54055/home
>>
File: 2016-07-13 17.55.46.jpg (866KB, 2048x1152px) Image search: [Google]
2016-07-13 17.55.46.jpg
866KB, 2048x1152px
>>9330630
You sir are a lifesaver. Hopefully thursday opens up so I can extend to it.
>>
File: Katsu.jpg (94KB, 960x720px) Image search: [Google]
Katsu.jpg
94KB, 960x720px
My lineup! Progress looks promising. Katsucon has been a dream con of mine for years and I'm so excited to finally make it a reality. Also first east coast con!
>>
>>9330630
>>9330722
except it's the con chair releasing rooms that were available all along. he makes it seem like they sold out to get the hype up and then releases them in small blocks.

katsucon haven't truly sold out of rooms for 3 years now
>>
>>9330831
Nice lineup! Coming to the meetup?
>>
Anyone think it's possible to just drive there Saturday morning, park, ghost the con, and bum a room or pull an all-nighter? I want to attend, but can't justify buying a room since I can only be there for one day.
>>
>>9331106
You can, but good luck with a room.
>>
>>9331106
Ghosting is easy and I've never had trouble getting parking.

Getting a room, I don't know.
>>
>>9328996
I don't recall the direct specifics but it had to due with inappropriate touching with the Free hugs sign and people asking for donations.
>>
>>9331103
depends on the time but i aim to
>>
File: rocket 1.jpg (37KB, 376x500px) Image search: [Google]
rocket 1.jpg
37KB, 376x500px
>>9328987
But something like this would probably fly, right?
>>
>>9330630
Where did you get that link?
>>
>>9331284
Yeah I'm with you. Not clicking that link haha.
>>
File: ss+(2017-01-25+at+11.57.59).jpg (161KB, 1299x895px) Image search: [Google]
ss+(2017-01-25+at+11.57.59).jpg
161KB, 1299x895px
Whats her name is coming to Katsu, and shes preggers. Thoughts?
>>
>>9324534
Heya! Im in SS too! You still up for the group discount?
>>
>>9331544
and we should care why?
>>
First timer flying in, any advice for navigating Reagan/getting to the Gaylord? I was planning to uber but heard there was a shuttle, can anyone confirm?

Also, any advice for first timers? I have been going to cons a long long time but never flown to one, I'm pretty excited. Worried about the reg line for sure after reading this thread, but still excited.
Oh, and super down for a meetup but what if Thursday? I've got shoots Friday night
>>
>>9331695
There are shuttles, and just don't drink too much. So long as you can control yourself, you'll be alright.
>>
>>9331695
be prepared for the most black people you've ever seen in your life
>>
>>9331721

I wasn't planning on drinking at all desu, don't wanna pay for it in DC and don't wanna figure out how to fly with it haha! If the meetup is at a bar I'm down but otherwise I usually do cons pretty sober anyway.
>>
>>9331695
The shuttles are inconvenient and not free. Just Uber.

>>9331759
She's taking an Uber, not the Green Line.
>>
>>9331765
I dunno, there's a lot of black weebs at Katsu, desu.
>>
>>9331277
>unless they are I integral to your costume
Yeah that would be fine
>>
>>9331547
yeah actually, we're still not at 10 (i think that's for the group rate), but I'll tell my friend to hold off on buying passes for a bit. But lemme know if you find anyone else willing to go! We're at like 4 or 5 i think so far.
>>
>>9331770
Lol that answer is hella accurate. Friends don't let friends take the green line
>>
>>9332037
That too. Green line gets you robbed.
>>
>Crunch time! Finish your cosplays and get a professional shoot at Photosuite!
>>
>>9332656
Yeesh.
>>
>>9331759
is that supposed to be a bad or shocking thing?
>>
>>9333205
Exactly, it should not matter about race. There are fantastic cosplayers and congoers of all types.
>>
>>9333223
I'm sure once you tell all the black people that live in Oxen Hill that, they'll appreciate it.
>>
>>9333311
You must not be from around the area...."Oxon Hill".

And besides, it seemed like someone was trying to say be prepared for the most black people you ever seen referring to Katsucon, which is very untrue because there are all sorts of races and cultures there. But PG County in general is mostly black (over 60%).
>>
>>9333694
Actually Oxon Hill isn't that bad, crime-wise. Lol thing with the green line is it goes through places like Capitol Heights, Anacostia, and Suitland. THOSE places are the ones out of towners really don't want to get lost in. Depending on where you're staying (e.g. the VA side), I'd say just hit the yellow line and uber from Huntington (approx.15 min drive). If you're coming in from somewhere more to the north, through NW DC or something, get the yellow line to King St. station and grab a bus. It takes just as long as the green line option more or less, and you wouldn't have to get the bus at the Southern Ave. station, which is still a pretty sketchy area
>>
>>9333694
Lived in Arlington my whole life, I just go off what I hear about the area. But as >>9333768 was saying, the bigger threat is what the green line picks up, rather than any locals near the Gaylord.
>>
>>9319641
Finally getting back into the con scene. Bringing MCU Crossbones, Lucas Lee and Dean Winchester.

Won't be with my normal con group, so hoping to make new friends.
>>
>>9331759
>>9331770
>>9333311
>>9333694

I'm not really concerned about seeing black people because that's not a problem by any stretch and also I'm from the third largest city in the country, so I doubt it's anything I haven't seen before.

That said -- public transport not recommended? I wasn't planning on taking it at all, but I'll remember that it's a no go if it happens to come up.

Any suggestions for coping with checkout on Sunday? I have been told it's a nightmare so our flight out on Sunday is late so we won't have to rush.
>>
>>9334353
For checking out on Sunday, don't bother with the elevators. The last two years I took my luggage down 10+ flights of stairs because that was faster. Also be sure to do luggage check and tip.
>>
>>9334353
Yeah dude you might as well just take your time cus there's gonna be a mean rush. Just have everything ready and go once it looks like the rush is dying down. It's just a hassle when everyone's leaving at once.
>>
I just working on some minor changes and details to my drow cosplay. As well as working with my friends on our panel, so my weekends have been pretty booked up with stuff.
>>
Almost done with angelic layer Alice.
Just gotta make the shoes, trim the wig's bangs and add a clasp for the neck!
I will be glad to never use pink fabric again
>>
>>9334353
Actual public transportation to National Harbor is a lot better than it used to be. Before, you had to take the NH1 from Southern Avenue and it ran like once an hour. Now you can take the NH2 from King Street and it runs every half hour. See: https://www.nationalharbor.com/by-public-transit/

The Gaylord runs shuttles from National Airport and from Union Station (where trains and long-haul busses come in). But the Union Station one only runs once every two hours, and the National Airport one is so pricey that a non-rush Uber might be cheaper. See: http://www.marriott.com/hotel-info/wasgn-gaylord-national-resort-and-convention-center/gaylord-national-entertainment/fr8e90c/transportation.mi.
>>
>>9334353
Sadly this doesn't work as well when you are taking the plane, but I always wake up super early (6am or so) on Sundays and move all my stuff save for a small backpack of makeup, toiletries, and clothes for the day. I put my stuff in the car but if bag check opens that early, that should be good too. Things don't get crazy until around 10 or 11 so if you manage to add a little hustle early on, you can avoid elevator jams and bag check lines easily.

Otherwise yeah I agree with >>9334451 and >>9334483. Avoid elevators at all costs after around 10-12 and usually the hotel understands a slightly later checkout on busy days so don't rush too much.
>>
File: IMG_9591.jpg (35KB, 640x199px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_9591.jpg
35KB, 640x199px
Joined the Katsucon photography group for shits and giggles and I'm not disappointed.
>>
File: 1483342803705.jpg (67KB, 401x421px) Image search: [Google]
1483342803705.jpg
67KB, 401x421px
>>9335248
>Barter
>>
Is it just me or is Katsucon now being flooded by trash cosplayers from the New york area? seems like every fucking New York based cosplayer and photographer is now coming down to Katsucon
>>
>>9335976
Nope its true. They needed somewhere to slut up the place and they think katsucon will give them the most attention
>>
>>9335248
Replies please lol
>>
>>9330831
Get ready for a huge disappointment and getting your ass snowed in
>>
>>9329457
Pretty dumb considering most of the DMV voted overwhelmingly against him.
Write your representative instead
>>
>>9336433
It better not snow, I'm not used to skirts. I'll freeze my ass and my cock off.
>>
>>9335976
No you are right, it is. It started off by being a nice wonderful con for the locals and some from out of town. Now it is heavily flooded by NY based cosplayers and photographers who are extremely rude and elitist.

>>9330831
Eh Katsu is nothing special after a while. It has some impressive cosplays, but the con itself is no where near as good as other East Coast cons for content. It's really just a cosplay con and the weather is terrible usually. I cannot wait to see your Mercy.
>>
File: IMG_9594.jpg (119KB, 640x962px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_9594.jpg
119KB, 640x962px
>>9336430
Two bit.
>>
>>9336617
so thirsty lol
>>
>>9335976
>trash cosplayers
>nyc

Honestly, the quality of cosplays in NYC is way lower than the ones I see coming from other places. I always wondered about that, since NYC has literally everything you could need to be a good costumer. Shit, you could even just go out and buy a costume, and no one would know, but they still make garbage. #Sad
>>
>>9337223
The NYC cosplay community is pretty much laid back and chill, but the high quality cosplayers are either loners or they get quickly snatched up and folded into some of the cosplay cliques which are very two-faced and catty. The members are either good craftsmen or they have a large following that the others can exploit. I've seen a few cosplayers who were nice get swept up and later on they were on a high horse.
>>
>>9337276
Haven't met a NY cosplayer that is not some backstabbing cum slut looking for free rooms to fuck in and beards to pay their way.
>>
I'm bringing some crack to Katsucon this year. Anyone here into smoking crack?
>>
>>9329457
Try it fagget. I will fite you with my fists.
>>
nyc cosplayers are the worst, they will use and abuse you. Even with free shoots, they will be nice then talk shit about your work. Saying that majority of their cosplay are trash, slutty and walks around like their bad bitches with flat chess and cellulite booties. Never ever shoot nyc cosplayer for free, make them pay ..
>>
>>9337795
Who hurt you anon?
>>
>>9337795
All this whining. Maybe cosplay photography just isn't your thing then. You can always go bus tables or work in a kitchen.
>>
>>9337899
Shut your fucking face you filthy New Yorker. Shouldn't you be standing in front of a wall chanting he will not divide us like the pathetic little cuck that you are?
>>
>>9337910
Sorry to hurt your feelings Snowflake, but don't worry, your mother still likes your photos. I'll tell her to boost your ego when I send her home later tonight.
>>
>>9337867
Your momma
>>
>>9337899
Or maybe be a gay prostitute like you
>>
>>9337276
Nyc cosplayers are in it for attention because they have daddy issues and need a sugar daddy to pay their rent because working in their dream job, Gamestop, its not cutting it
>>
>>9335976
>>9337223

As someone originally from the Southeast and has won some stuff at Masters level...

NYC does have shittier cosplays. Most people (including me) just don't want to take up valuable space in their cramped apartments for sewing stuff, worbla, embroidery/sewing machines, fabric, wigs etc not to mention armor and props from before they were in nyc. fabric only cosplays or chinese storebought are much easier.

As for why they travel to Katsucon... have you seen the conventions available in new york? There's almost no anime ones. Too much of a pain to ride the subway in elaborate/ fragile costumes for NYCC or any of the small startup ones.

I'm content with it. I can have just as much fun wearing a sports anime uniform from China and taking photos of /enjoying other people's Masq. entry costumes at Katsu as I would showing off my actually legit stuff.
>>
>>9319641
So why do YOU come to Katsucon?

Many people come to party-down.
Some people come for the dealers room.
Others come to wear their elaborate cosplay and feel smug at one another (regardless of how good or bad their costume is).
Some come to connect with their fellow weeb.
Me? I people watch.
>>
>>9339130
So what does people watching entail? Do you just stand around and stare at people?
>>
>>9339149
Lots of walking around, sitting and chatting with friends along the sides of the hallways, seeing what costumes stroll by. And if something extraordinary comes along, then I ask to take a picture.

The holier-than-thou cosplayers typically hide themselves away. The down-to-earth ones who are worth engaging will come into the main hallways and walk around.
>>
>>9339130
>Others come to wear their elaborate cosplay and feel smug at one another (regardless of how good or bad their costume is).

Mostly this. The sense of judgment at Katsucon and Otakon is palpable; cosplayers spend all our time side-eyeing each other.
>>
>>9339130
The dealers is marked up eastern garbage. Literally why??
>>
What are chances protests could fuck up traffic?? Like real question. We are pretty. Close to D.C. (rip otacon)
>>
>>9339130
People watching is so prime at Katsucon. I like to sit around with a bottle of "water" and drink for every time I see photographers fighting over the same photography spot. It's a good time all around. And yeah, sitting around with friends and watching the cosplays go by is nice too. I'm wearing less obscure fandoms this year so hopefully I'll make some new friends to boot.
>>
>>9339130
>Me? I people watch.
>Me? I stalk people.

Fixed.
>>
>>9339446
Stalking is keeping yourself fixated on a main subject. People watching is just sitting down and seeing which person fucks shit up when it happens
>>
>>9339352
Are you the same dipshit talking about protests earlier?
No one fucking cares about a bunch of anime nerds, especially near an area that voted like 90% against Trump. Even if every con-goer came out, it still wouldn't be anywhere near half of decent, planned protests. It probably wouldn't even rival the recent ones at Dulles. I have better ways to spend my time that I took off than to go to a poorly planned "protest". If you wanted to protest you should have gone to the, like, ten that have taken place since the inauguration
>stop trying to make protests work.
>>
>>9338428
just like a nyc cosplayer, have an excuse for crappy work but quick do judge others crappy work. Doesnt really matter, eventually every nyc cosplayer will turn to whoring themselves for nudes or sex through patreon.
>>
>>9339877

...Did you even read what I said bro? Where exactly am I judging anyone?
>>
File: FB_IMG_1485993583115.jpg (61KB, 777x1080px) Image search: [Google]
FB_IMG_1485993583115.jpg
61KB, 777x1080px
This mother fucked wants 85 dollars for photos like this.

Cosplayers, you allowed this to happen. If Shinakophoto makes a dime at Katsucon, I'll know for a fact none of you give a shit about quality photos. You just want someone to kiss your asses.
>>
File: yfwdcwdso.gif (583KB, 163x136px) Image search: [Google]
yfwdcwdso.gif
583KB, 163x136px
>>9339130

I mean cosplay is the main reason I got to any con. But why Katsucon specifically?

The venue.The pretty, tacky, vaporwave-ass atrium, the rooftop club, and whole con being under one roof day and night and the dynamic that creates (rowdiness, intimacy, constant continuity). There's something in the air about it.

And the fact that the highest % of attendees cosplay out of any con I know of, or at least it feel like it.
>>
>>9339130
I'm just here for the beer and the bitches.
>>
>>9339806
My post wasnt about attending a protest. It was about protests disrupting traffic. Compelety different things.
>>
>>9339555
Whatever helps you sleep at night.
>>
>>9339877
Jason Laboy is trying to turn as many of them into whores as fast as he can while he sells their photos behind their backs to porn sites
>>
>>9340088

It's no cosplayers who go around to every dipshit with a camera and say shit like "never work for free!!" And "photography is a skill worth paying" and giving these people delusions of grandeur
>>
>>9340861
Oh shit my b. I read "we are pretty and close to D.C." like you were wanting cosplayers to go out and protest
It depends on if trump pulls some stupid ass shit. But even then it's not that close to D.C. There might be slightly heavier traffic but most take the metro into D.C. And it's not likely that protestors would be spilling out into the streets or anything
>>
>>9340861
Nothing's gonna happen, and nothing's gonna fuck up traffic nearly bad enough to have an effect short of an actual armed uprising.
>>
>>9341111
Trump is going to ban anime and execute weebs via firing line. This year's Katsucon is just a trap to get a bunch of weebs together to make their execution more convenient. Don't ask me how I know this. You've been warned.
>>
1/3rd of this con is gonna be Team Skull isn't it
>>
>>9341122
Hey after last year now they know you just gotta pull a fire alarm and we'll all be funneled out one exit
>>
>>9341122
Sean Spicer will save us.
>>
Two more fucking weeks. I need my convention fix. I am fucking tweeking out right now.
>>
>>9337795
You must be talking about Xingcai Cosplay by that description. That is typical of her. Suck her ass hard enough and she will fuck you at least. Don't worry about her cuck of a husband. He is so oblivious I think he enjoys knowing she fucks guys at cons.
>>
>>9341475
last year was one of many times that shit has happened. at least last year there was a legit fire in a maid cafe area, rather than some dumb fuck who decided "imma be edgy"
>>
>>9341598
Who? Shannon?
>>
File: cosplay for a big guy.jpg (163KB, 819x1149px) Image search: [Google]
cosplay for a big guy.jpg
163KB, 819x1149px
Got my new cosplay that I can wear when I stand in line for hours getting my badge.
>>
>>9342590
have my children.
>>
>>9342590
the question is, why would you shoot a man , before pushing him out of the plane?
>>
How's the crunch going for everyone? Aiming to finish this weekend at the latest and pack.
>>
>>9345307

>still need to make boots and finish details
>everything should be finished in time
>dad gets shingles and I need to cover for him at work

Feels bad man.
>>
>>9345307
I've still got a few things to patch up that I should hopefully finish in time. Mostly small armor stuff for Bakugou and fixing Junkrat's elbowpiece. Does anybody know if there's a BNHA group meetup anytime on Sunday? If not I might make one.
>>
>cosplay 1
Finished 95% of it almost two years ago, finished another 4% today, just need to test the makeup.

>cosplay 2
Need to adjust the collar, but otherwise finished.

>cosplay 3
Rewear.

>cosplay 4 and 5
Commissioned.
>>
>>9345307
The costumes are done, I'm using the extra time to add some props for photos
>>
would it be bad if I wore my big fancy cosplay on friday instead of saturday? is that really such a big deal
>>
>>9345417
Whatever works for you
>>
>>9345417
You make the rules. Some of the most complicated and elaborate cosplays only show up Thursday, because mere mortals aren't allowed to see them.

Some people fear the weeb rabble destroying their costume, which arguably is the biggest group would appreciate their hard work.
>>
So, any guesses of what this year's dime-a-dozen cosplay horde will be?
>>
>>9345811
YOI.
>>
>>9345811
team skull
>>
>>9345417
Whatever works for you and your schedule.
>>9345811
YOI, Love live, overwatch

Counter: What will be some noteworthy cosplays this year?
>>
>>9345821
Oh shit. This is the correct answer.
>>
We got a facebook group or anything for meetup & hangout?
>>
>>9345307
>Friday AM cosplay
Wig styling and adding details to the pants, if I have time I'm going to add a jacket but it's not needed
>Friday PM
Already done
>Saturday
Literally everything, but it's a super simple cosplay that I'm going to make entirely on my day off Wednesday
>Sunday
Just have to sew it all together and paint the embellishments once they're done being 3D printed
>>
>>9345888
I hope there will be some people besides me cosplaying new danganronpa v3 characters
>>
>>9336433
Looking at the weather this year it seems warmer than last. I'm doubting we'll have snow.

>>9330831
Ayyyyy roomie.

I got my line up... mostly sorted? A bit of it depends on how long my competition piece takes. Right now I'm speed building my cosplay partners officer Jenny so we can be Jenny and Joy.
>>
>>9346226

Right now the 10 day is predicting minimal (~inch) on Wednesday. But it's the 10 day forecast so ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
>>
>>
Progress is looking good. Seattle just got smacked with a snow storm and lost its shit. Hopefully nothing like that happens when I fly out for Katsu.
>>9345324
Here's to hoping you don't catch it. I had it when I was younger and it was a bitch. Also please don't bring it to con

>>9345811
Dva, team skull
>>
>>9346785

Thanks for the concern anon, but shingles is not contagious. The only exception is for those who have not had chickenpox or the vaccine for chickenpox. Maybe it's different where you're from, but in my area shingles and chickenpox are considered entirely different diseases even though the culprit is the same virus.
>>
>>9346785
Shingles isn't contagious unless your sores are in the oozey phase and you haven't covered them. I had shingles on my face (my fucking face!) last summer.
>>
Who 100% ready and not procrastinating until the last minute here.
>>
>>9346763
both of them look very familiar, is girl on the left a gull?
>>
Line-up:
Friday: Kei Nagai || Ajin
Saturday: Alice || Angelic Layer
Sunday: ??? || Saiyuki

My cosplay group is making me a Saiyuki cosplay as thanks for letting them crash for free in my Baltimore Apartment. I have no idea what character it is and I've never watched the show so it's gonna be fun!
>>
>>9346839
>>9346794
Thanks for the correction! I was only in 4th grade when I got it so I don't remember the details (only the pain)
>>
one of my cosplays looks horrible, I might try to pull together aiko from oyasumi punpun, I'm pretty sure I could sew the dress in a weekend. I know I can't get a wig in time, does it seem likely I could find an appropriate one at the con?
>>
>>9337628
Sure, what's your hotel and room number?
>>
>>9346997
Arda is going to be at Katsu so, you could try.
>>
>>9339130
I have a bunch of friends going who I probably won't see for the entire convention.

Also the hotel is nice
>>
>tfw no friends to hang out with at Katsucon
>>
>>9347005
I might do that, like trying to find a longish red brown wig isn't crazy right
>>
>>9347037
Sucks. But Imagine having fake "friends" who will actively avoid you at con. Feelsbadman.jpg
>>
>>9347037
me too
>>
>>9346794
>but shingles is not contagious. The only exception is for those who have not had chickenpox or the vaccine for chickenpox.

In other words, it is contagious.
>>
>>9347037
>tfw no
I got a lot of friends to hang with at least.
>>
The fabric I'm dying for the last of my cosplay isn't dying to the color I need it. Anyone know how to turn linen fabric into a noose?
>>
>>9347046
Just look on Facebook selling groups, it shouldn't take more than a few days to get to you
>>
>>9347046
There are a lot of Epic Cosplay wigs on Amazon Prime.
>>
Anyone interested in meeting Thursday night? Mayhe at one of the bars? Only have a couple of friends coming to the con and would love to meet more people.
>>
10 more days motherfuckers. You're done with your costumes right?
>>
>>9348341
>tfw haven't even styled the wig yet
kill me
>>
>>9329001
I recognize that Junkrat... You were at Animate Florida 2016 right? Great costume :)
>>
This is going to be my first time at Katsu! Also my first time cosplaying from Idolm@ster. Gotta style one wig, wait for one to come in, and wait for my dress to come in. Otherwise I'm all done.

What do you guys recommend as far as stuff to do?
>>
>>9348471
Glory hole on the first floor bathroom
>>
File: ericandre.gif (536KB, 320x199px) Image search: [Google]
ericandre.gif
536KB, 320x199px
>>9348504
>>
>>9326359
have you heard anything about an Umineko meetup? I'm trying to finish an Ange-Beatrice cosplay but I haven't seen much Umineko stuff since pretty much 2013
>>
>>9348471
Which character are you cosplaying anon?
>>
>>9348867
Unfortunately no. I saw a Bernkastel in 2015. Hope to see your finished cosplay at the con! What day are you planning?
>>
I'm excited to go and should have everything finished on time.... but man I am not used to east coast cons culture of photographers.

I dont even know where to begin looking to book some one not to mention prices. I get why its done the way its done out east, but I still much favor the california way of doing thins.
>>
>>9349099
All the good photographers are booked now. Just hit the con and look for the free shooters. No point in booking with the throwaways still hawking their wares.
>>
File: moocow.png (464KB, 774x433px) Image search: [Google]
moocow.png
464KB, 774x433px
9 more days! Anon, seriously you need to stop procrastinating!
>>
Are there any hotels left at this point?

Anybody familiar with the MGM hotel at the harbor?
>>
>>9345307
Found out my fiance isn't going, so I had to finagle two costumes of mine and fix them up--they're coming along pretty well though!!
Anyone going to the Fallout shoot? Also, a total shot in the dark but anyone know of any Venture Bros. shoots?
>>
>>9349099
give EMCP a try. He's very good. I like his hands on approach to cosplay photography.
>>
>>9349249
MGM is not within walking distance even though it may seem like it from the highway, and people in previous threads have mentioned the room prices being somewhere around $500 a night
>>
>>9349164
They made this an anime? Holy shit
>>
>>9349249
The MGM is maybe a 25 min walk, or less than 10 min uber/lyft ride. The buses in that area are a huge pain in the ass. As for room pricing, looking at more than $500/night, like >>9349371
said. Plus I just checked they've got rooms for the 17th and the 19th, but not the 18th (saturday).

You'd probably be better off at one of the cheaper places off Oxon Hill Rd., which are usually a 12-15 min Uber ride away. That's what me n some friends are most likely doing
>>
>>9349361
Oh Eugene
>>
I wish it was Katsucon time already. I miss my con friends. I miss overspending on shit in the dealers room. I miss walking around in my costume. I miss that stupid fucking gazebo ;_;
>>
>>9349410
Don't remind me, this next week is going to be one of the longest weeks of my life
>>
>>9349361
>hands on
no thanks i don't need more photogs getting handsy with me
>>
>>9349361
>>9349405
>>9349103
>>9349099

> Implying EMCP is not objectively the best photographer attending Katsucon this year
>>
>>9349249
Your best bet is to get a room across the river in Alexandria and catch the NH2 bus or uber in because everything in the harbor is sold out or charging crazy high rates.

MGM is damn nice but it is by no means close to the Gaylord or cheap. That and MGM has a dress code so cosplay is a no go there.
>>
>>9349485
name a better photographer than EMCP and i will tell you why EMCP is a better photographer
>>
>have all of Feb off
>just got back from vacationing in San Diego after ALA
>no badge, no hotel, no nothing for Katsu

I've been known for making rash decisions on the fly and kind of really want to go because Katsu was always a con I heard good things about....
>>
>>9349536
No badge is fine; Katsu is a top-tier ghosting con.
>>
>>9349541
I live in Hawaii, flying last minute to SD was 1500.
Even then I couldn't get a good flight to there or Ontario, I had to go through LA.

also i like having badges
>>
>>9349520
Neck yourself Eugene
>>
>>9349520
>name a better photographer than EMCP

You forgot the
>you can't
>>
>>9349589
lol either you're self posting or really butt kissing here
>>
>>9348900
Sachiko and Rika (IF my Rika wig comes.. still waiting, now sweating). Also some LL trash.

I hope there's a booth that sells contacts as well because I'm an idiot and forgot my brown lenses expired.
>>
>>9349164
I always forget this got animated
>>
>>9348867
Ayy I'm gonna be Battler for the cosplay ball. Hope we run across each other.
>>
>>9349589
No one butt kisses EMCP. No one.
>>
>>9349520
70% of the other NYC photographers going are better than Eugene, and 50% won't try to hit you up for sex.
>>
>>9349660
Name one.
>>
>>9349747
Me
>>
>>9349747
Oh goody, badly anon attempt by eugene to diss local photographers
>>
File: IMG_0142.png (390KB, 750x1334px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0142.png
390KB, 750x1334px
Mmhm
>>
>>9349903
He's already trying to find cosfamous cosplayers to shoot in the Katsucon 21+ group on Facebook
>>
>>9349747
Search the various cosplay photographer hashtags on Twitter and Instagram
>>
I'm artist alleying and I still have so much prep to do @.@ and no booth helper this time, so I'm going to be dying .-.
>>
Do people do stuff on thursday nights? I figured at least a few people would think of beating the crowds by doing photoshoots on a thursday night and basically take the gazebo hostage for themselves.
>>
File: IMG_0173.png (178KB, 750x1334px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0173.png
178KB, 750x1334px
>>9350033
Being super creepy too.
>>
>>9350300
Thursday is going to be packed like it has been for the past few years
>>
>>9350369
>be the first person to like this
>>
>>9350415
Do people wear their costumes? I've never been to Katsu on a Thursday
>>
File: stalker.jpg (606KB, 414x244px) Image search: [Google]
stalker.jpg
606KB, 414x244px
>>9350369
>>9349927

>posting literally every one of his statuses

This is some stalker shit. Maybe he should be the one afraid of you?
>>
Who's ready to see the awful care bear group featuring all your favorite coswhores?
>>
>>9322635
Don't room with 10 people yo.
>>
I've been to Katsucon the last several years as a cosplayer but this year I'm going to work the vendor/artist alley. Has anyone worked the room before? What is the traffic/sales like?
>>
File: gabriel_dropout_01_3.jpg (58KB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
gabriel_dropout_01_3.jpg
58KB, 640x360px
ONE WEEK MOTHERFUCKERS. FINISH YOUR COSTUMES. NOW.
>>
>>9350439
Yep!
>>
>>9350451
lmao the shit is publicly posted in a katsucon group.
>>
Will 1449 Swag be at Katsucon? This is very important.
>>
File: 1475628768201.jpg (68KB, 633x758px) Image search: [Google]
1475628768201.jpg
68KB, 633x758px
>decide to go to katsucon today
>no costumes started
>>
What do airlines usually say about wearing wigs on their planes? I don't want to pack it in my luggage since it's heavily styled, and carrying it will use up my carry-on slot.
>>
>>9345307
>Got shoes for a cosplay that were supposed to be white
>They're beige
>Order white leather paint, try not to panic
>Shoes are supposed to have blue ruffles
>The ruffles I made look awful/aren't working with the shape of the shoe
>Metric fuckton of school work/part time job is leaving me with no time to fix it
>In a large cosplay group and scared my inaccurate shoes are going to look noticeably out of place/piss people

also
>In large group's fb group
>Two of the girls begin arguing
>Mood gets pretty hostile
>One of the girls drops the group
>Feels bad, man
Guys it's just cosplay...
>>
File: raptor jesus.jpg (99KB, 500x625px) Image search: [Google]
raptor jesus.jpg
99KB, 500x625px
>>9345307
Still waiting for all my stuff to arrive for my Reaper cosplay and the last bit to my Spiderman one. The only thing I've got completed and ready is my usual Raptor Jesus for this con like every other year, only thing I've changed about it is a new robe and carrying around a 'Big Book of Dinosaurs'

I was trying to get my friend to join in with me by going as a Tricerapope but I don't think he got the stuff in time.
>>
>>9351161
I assume the TSA would make you take it off at the checkpoint but I don't see why the airline would care.
>>
>>9351185
As one of the others in that group, that argument was fucked. Both of them acted immaturely, but the unsolicited-advice-giver was beyond rude to the OP. Wish I had the guts to say something, but I really don't want to fall into the crosshairs of a "big name" cosplayer. At least I know who to avoid now.

Also, if anyone complains about your shoes, fuck 'em. If ~conformity and ~accuracy were so important to anyone, then we should have decided together what to order/how to make the cosplays, not have it be a free for all. Considering that and how many participants we have, guaranteed at least 80% of us are going to show up with something off about our outfits. Anybody bothers you, I'll have something to say about it.
>>
>>9351266
"big name" "cosfamous" Enjoy it because realize is going slap these idiots down.
>>
>>9351266
Thank you, anon! I was worried about being yelled at or disappointing the other girls after seeing the argument, but I feel a lot better now. The argument was really weird, and I was sad to see it happen because she's always been a cosplayer I've looked up to a lot, but I guess these things just happen.
>>
>costume has white pants
>was in the clear with my period not expected for a t least 2 weeks
>had to take EC today, can cause early period

Lord have mercy and may Dakota-sama smile upon me
>>
>>9350951
It's ok friend. I'm in the same boat. I'm bring nothing new.
>>
>>9342590
That's actually one of the three cosplays I have planned for this con.
>>
>>9349643
>tfw no one does 765 girls
why? ;_;
>>
>>9352723
Popularity of the deresute game, plus there are many more cinderella girls to chose from compared to 765. I wish more people cosplayed 765, though.
>>
File: misery.png (8KB, 287x139px) Image search: [Google]
misery.png
8KB, 287x139px
This is what misery looks like
>>
File: sheesh.jpg (24KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
sheesh.jpg
24KB, 500x375px
>>9352789
yikes
>>
>>9352789
It's even worse when the person working on your cosplay piece didn't tell you if they shipped it yet. I'm going into semi 'aw fuck' mode soon.
>>
Less than a week. Give me your status reports motherfuckers.
>>
>>9353448
Still waiting on pieces to ship. They better arrive before or on wednesday because my bus is leaving at 10am. If nothing arrives I'll only have one cosplay and maybe bring out my older shit to piece something together.
>>
>>9353448
Done with cosplay and packed! (Last year I crunched until 2 days before.) Have a few fun things I hope to get finished, but it's no big deal if I can't.
>>
>>9353448
Last parts should be here Monday
>>
>>9353448
Still have to cut a wig that's more extensive than anything I've done before. Send help please, in the form of a barber.
>>
>>9353448
>Hand sewing gloves at 4 in the morning

I still need to make the collar curse 40 hour work weeks
>>
File: 1455677917832.png (205KB, 500x386px) Image search: [Google]
1455677917832.png
205KB, 500x386px
I hate DMV weather, one day its 60+ degrees and the next it's below freezing
>>
>>9353448
I need to paint a bunch of props, do some small touches to my last cosplay, and trim a wig.
>>
>>9353448
I need to put it on and do a final check. Also somehow figure out how to survive DMV weather.
>>
So any good panels?
>>
Any Tales cosplayers going? My bro and I will be doing Abyss and it would be cool to meet some others.
>>
>>9353448
Picking up the last embellishments a friend 3D printed tomorrow, have to paint them, hem/paint my cosplays, finish styling wigs (which I'll probably do in the hotel room).
>>
>>9354265
There's 2 official tales shoots on the schedule (one specifically mentions zestria though)
>>
>>9352723
Don't worry anon!! I plan to do 765. I love Makoto and Iori to bits, but I'm just in groups for these two so that's why I'm doing them!!
>>
Where's the best place to buy booze near the con?
>>
File: 1469765106871.jpg (63KB, 621x720px) Image search: [Google]
1469765106871.jpg
63KB, 621x720px
>>9354475
>Makoto and Iori
Good taste, anon
>>
>>9353448
All I need is some prop-weathering and an apron but god work keeps jerking me around and changing my hours. Send help.
>>
How much do most photogs at Katsucon charge on average? How many photos do they give back for each shoot?
>>
File: ss+(2017-02-13+at+11.51.49).png (18KB, 820x145px) Image search: [Google]
ss+(2017-02-13+at+11.51.49).png
18KB, 820x145px
Its gonna be chilly~
>>
>>9355145
almost 70 degrees what month is it
>>
If I want to spend money on a bunch of shit before the good stuff is gone, when should I cosplay and when should I buy?
>>
So it's supposed to be in the 60s this weekend. Half of me is elated that it's not going to be as frigid as it was last year, but the other half is regretting the fact that I chose one of my cosplays based on the fact that last year WAS so frigid cold and now I'm afraid of dying of heat stroke
>>
>>9355351
>dying of heat stroke
>in 50/60 degree weather
>>
>>9354505
I can't say for sure, for magfest we hit some place near our hotel in Alexandria, but if possible, look to get liquor at a state/county liquor store and bring it lol it'll be way cheaper than anything at national harbor
>>
Whats the details on a meetup?
>>
>>9354579
>>
File: 1482141945611.png (229KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
1482141945611.png
229KB, 640x480px
>>9355145
Mfw it fits my Hawaiian admiral outfit.
>>
>>9355446
You don't know how heat stroke works do ya buddy?
>>
First time leaving my state to room at a hotel for a con
What should I bring aside from 3 days of clothing/toiletries?
>>
File: kaaaa.jpg (60KB, 468x478px) Image search: [Google]
kaaaa.jpg
60KB, 468x478px
I'll be doing maid shiki ichinose and kaga from kancolle! it's my first time making props (the quiver and such) and i'm worried how they'll hold up. any tips on what to bring along?
>>
Lol I already got a handle but the group just gets smaller and smaller. Welp more drink for me, not missing Katsu for shit

Or more likely, look for the drunk guy pouring shots for total strangers by sundown on saturday just like last year lol
>>
Meetup when and where?
>>
>>9359872
I would also like to know
>>
File: magfestvskatsucon.jpg (163KB, 2048x951px) Image search: [Google]
magfestvskatsucon.jpg
163KB, 2048x951px
>>9350784
No but /pol/ is.
>>
New thread must have been deleted for some reason. When and where do we want to meet today/tonight?
Thread posts: 341
Thread images: 49

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.