[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Looks like >>9246227 has hit sage. Let's get a new

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 296
Thread images: 14

File: texas.png (1B, 486x500px)
texas.png
1B, 486x500px
Looks like >>9246227 has hit sage. Let's get a new one going for 2017.
>>
Anyone planning to attend AM or are you still on strike?
>>
>>9316192
I'm still waiting for AM to get actual guests. No one cares about youtubers or cosplay guests.
>>
>>9316202
John keeps cock teasing on the AM group about something big surrounding Sailor Moon but they've yet to deliver.

Did anyone else notice that voice actress for D.Va was quietly removed?
>>
>>9316202
They have been trying to get Lolita YouTube people too. To my knowledge most have said no.
>>
>>9316268
A lot more people than that are saying no to AM.
>>
I'm going to be working at the Shop in Wonderland "booth" this year at AM. I say "booth" because it's far too fucking monsterous to call a booth.

Ive heard all the stuff about the owner being a creep, but is everyone sure it's not just some tumblr girls getting their panties in a knot for attention? Not saying it is, I have no idea if this guy harassed anyone, but this seems like the kind of thing tumblr is infamous for, let alone at an event full of em.
>>
>>9316279
Nah, John Leigh made some pretty inappropriate comments that are screen capped. Deniece has always been super sweet to me and the shop staff are all really nice. I understand why alot of people boycott am/wonderland but Im still going to AM and I still shop at shop in wonderland. I believe in forgiveness and whether or not John has changed his attitude, hes already kept himself under control as far as I can tell.
>>
>>9316279
Google "Anime Matsuri".

5th item down: http://www.houstonpress.com/arts/the-con-anime-matsuri-is-growing-and-so-is-the-list-of-people-unhappy-with-it-7764398

Never forget.
>>
>>9316287
>I believe in forgiveness
John isn't sorry he did any of the things he did or said any of the things he said. He's sorry he got caught. He didn't even apologize. So basically what I'm seeing is "I don't care because I want to be relevant"
>>
>>9316287
Hmm, seems fair. Hence >>9316192 saying "still." I attended AM when that fiasco blew up, I still attend AM, and now I'm working with Daniela in Shop in Wonderland. I asked about the incident specifically BECAUSE I'm working there this year, and wanted confirmation that I'm most likely not gonna have John's dick in my nose at some point.
>>
>>9316293
I thought he did a public apology?
>>
>>9316293
Yeah I get what you are saying, but being relevant isn't an issue, honestly I'm not sure what that is even supposed to mean. Honestly, I'm a selfish person, and the leighs have never done anything to me personally so if I get a product or service I want from them I have no problem giving them money. When these products or services cease to be worth my money, or personal well being I will cease to supply them with my business. Hell I'd buy a horse from a serial killer if the price was good enough, and I wanted a horse.
>>
>>9316296
I have no idea where his dick will be anon, if anything I would think he's learned that actions have consequences so honestly I think it's doubtful he will fuck with you unless it's obvious you would keep it quiet. Which is the problem isn't it? Some gulls think the fact that he still would act inappropriately, given the chance. And that's enough for them to not have anything to do with his convention.
>>
>>9316302
That's such an embarrassing way to think but do what you want.
>>
>>9316309>>9316302

Thanks for the insight, I'll take this stuff into consideration.
>>
>>9316314

You're welcome, and take it with a grain of salt, because it's just my opinion. I've never had to deal with John directly so I'm by no means an expert on his behavior. Regardless I wish you the best of luck and hope you have a wonderful experience working AM.
>>
Moving on from hashed out AM drama, anybody going to Pax South? This will be my first year so I'm excited. I know it's gaming, but do any lolitas show up in coords?
>>
>>9316330
Yup! I know I am and about 4 others of my lolita buds are, I've been thinking it might be cool to make some sort of meetup for us since there isn't shit for lolitas to do all weekend besides game
>>
>>9316335
Is it very DudeBro type there or is the atmosphere relaxed?
>>
>>9316340
I'd say a mix of both! It's nowhere near as fun as say, SJ, but it's better than ACCC since the overlap between gaming and anime culture is a lot more obvious than western scifi/comics. If you're interested in making friends you'll have to put yourself out there a bit, but if you're interested in meeting SA lolitas we're a friendly group so just talk to any you see
>>
I live in Houston and I'm easing myself into jfashion and lolita, and I'd really like to meet other people. I want to join one of the Houston lolita comms, but I've heard some pretty bad stuff. Is it worth it/what should I be wary of?
>>
>>9316357
It's honestly not that bad. I'm in the comm and as long as you avoid the sjw's and fucktards there really isn't an issue. There hasn't been a lot of meets recently due to either school or holidays but it's picking up. I think there is going to be another new member meet and greet in February or March.
>>
>>9316363
Oh, alright! And I'm pretty foreign to lolita comms in general; I don't use facebook, will I have to to join the comm?
>>
>>9316363
Not same anon, but curious, which comm do you recommend?
>>
>>9316309
>if anything I would think he's learned that actions have consequences so honestly I think it's doubtful he will fuck with you

Nope. These fuckers ru ni g the cons are the worst scum on the planet. They never learn. They never apologize, they just blame everyone else for being upset. No matyer how bad they screw people over there will always be someone defending them because they enjoyed the con one year.
>>
Can you lolita faggots shut up about AM and the owners? We get it, be quiet already.
>>
>>9317060
Nah.
>>
>>9317060
Shut the fuck up Stefan.
>>
>>9316297
Along with "I took an online class on sexual harassment so please believe I've changed and give AM your money".

I don't buy it.
>>
>>9316302
This desu ne. If you haven't fucked with me personally I don't have a problem with you. I don't care about what some rando said on the internet, no matter what he runs. I don't do drama.
>>
>>9317124
Like I said. He isn't sorry he did it, he's sorry he got caught.
>>
>>9317208
He should be in prison along with the other people who were sorry they got caught.
>>
>>9316407
>>9316427
Been a part of both. I didn't like hls. It was super clicky bit on to of that ita hell accept for a few good people. The only good mood they had got kicked out or stepped down (not sure which). Hlc is still trying to get their shit together but are actually making an effort rather then put two absolute problem children as mods.
>>
>>9317235
Holy shit my phone fucked up all of that but you get what i was trying to day.
>>
>>9317060
Im tired of the only subject in these threads being AM lolita drama. Theres so much more texas drama to talk about. Go to facebook and literally pick anything else. This subject is so old and nobody cares.
>>
>>9317409
Me too, I'm a lolita too and this only enforces the stereotype that HTX lolitas are self centered cunts that don't know when to shut up or let go. ffs make a fucking houston general if all y'all wanna do is shit up these threads.

Moving on, anyone have plans for pax? I see other lolitas are going, but I hope cosplayers are getting ready.
>>
>>9317409
Then bring it. I don't see what other Cons to shit on with Ikkicon now done.
>>
Is the group that used to do MizuumiCon still doing that new con? Or is that project dead.
>>
>>9317523
Still very much alive. It looks painful.
>>
>>9317523
they're doing something called Otaku Fair and it looks cringy as hell so far
>>
What all meetups are in Houston that are to give a shit about?
>>
>>9317556
>>9317624
Kinda sad to hear, Mizuumi was always fun even if small and cheesy.
>>
Anything noteworthy happening at A-kon or is it still too early?
>>
>>9317741
Mizuumi really dropped the ball the last couple of years though
>>
>>9317842
That's completely true (especially with that first time they had the dealers hall in the gym and it was like 100 degrees in there) but for whatever reason I always enjoy that con.
>>
>>9317852
It was also only $15 or you could hang out at the food court area. It was super easy to ghost.

They are wanting $40 for something that looks like trash.
>>
>>9317908
>They are wanting $40
Yeah ok fuck that, didn't know that's what the admission was.
>>
>>9317911
https://www.otakufellowshipsociety.com/otakufair/store/
>>
Quick question, what can happen if randos know my room number? This is absolutely central to my plans for matsuri.
>>
>>9316302
Wow, you're such a desperate shill.
>>
is anyone going to anime on ice in austin in february?
>>
>>9317766

I think it's too early. Panels submissions haven't closed yet and guests are still being announced. I'm not impressed with all their English VAs and random steampunk band, but they probably will have more info later.

Has anyone decided to try their luck with panels this year?

Also the AA registration is going to open soon.
>>
Is Ushicon worth checking out if I'm in the area anyway? Anyone going?
>>
>>9318741
I submitted two again this year. The first time submitting they didn't even go through so I had to resubmit, which was frustrating because I got the confirmation page after pressing submit.
>>
>>9318741
They random brought in great guests at the last minute (Production I.G.). I'm hoping that happens again this year. Last thread, a lot of gulls were submitting panels. Vaporwave anon, I hope you did go through with submitting the panel after all. I would go to it. AA registration is $300. That's so much more expensive than the year before, and I'm worried about attendance this year because of the venue change.
>>
>>9318757
How did you know they didn't go through? I'm worried mine didn't now...

When do they start letting people know about panels anyway?
>>
>>9318751
I might go depending on my schedule.
>>
>>9318808
I never got a confirmation email so I sent a follow up and found out that way they weren't received. I know last year it took about a month from submission date to know if it was accepted or not. The website says you'll know for sure by the end of march.
>>
>>9318848
I feel like I got a confirmation email but I can't seem to find it now. I'll definitely follow up with them. How annoying, though.
>>
>>9318848
>>9318860
What would the confirmation e-mail be titled? I don't know what to look for. I can't find it either.
>>
>>9318751
Tiny. Super Tiny. You drink. That's about it. You do have to make your own fun as they don't supply much. I still have fun at it.
>>
>>9318860

I had the same issue. Turns out I made a typo for my email. I asked about it and replied quickly then resent the confirmation after I gave them the right email.

If you submitted but haven't gotten a confirmation I would just email them to see.
>>
>>9318799

The price was raised but it also includes two badges and free parking all weekend.
>>
>>9318894
Seconding this.
>>
>>9318228
Guys please this is important.
>>
>>9319192
How about fuck off you thirsty fuckhead.
>>
>>9319224
I'm not the thirsty one, I'll have $200 worth of shit to drink. I wanna know if anyone can use my room number to fuck me over if I run a free bar.
>>
>>9319238
People can order room service off the number at some hotels, you will be liable for any damages these randos cause, they can call the hotel security on your room if someone gets butthurt, a few randos can invite alot more randos, and on and on.
Yes very bad things can happen if randos know your room number and you're handing out booze so just be careful.
>>
>>9317456
>>9317456
>this only enforces the stereotype that HTX lolitas are self centered cunts that don't know when to shut up or let go.
You mean these past two years of shitposting haven't? Lolitas are so desperate for attention they strive to keep this topic relevant because it makes them look good.
>>
>>9319252
I figured as much, but I wanted to confirm. The plan was one dude at the door checking IDs, and then they'd go inside and line up for drinks. After getting their drink, they'd either get back in line or fuck off. My previous plan went well enough, but tripped several flags that told me doing it repeatedly would cause problems for me in the long run and was riskier than anticipated, so I figured I could work out a scheme where people come to me instead. Perhaps I could try to find afterparties and then show up and provide booze, then move on to the next one? Lots of thinking to do.

I really wanted the booze stand too. Disappointing.
>>
>>9319267

The hotels aren't huge so finding parties won't be difficult. You'll likely get reported then shut down. Cops may or may not get involved.
>>
>>9319365
Yeah, I'm going to try and just socialize a lot and arrange things beforehand just to be safe about it. Go to several different parties so I can hang out and get people drunk while having an excuse to leave before/if things get dicey. Still several months to go, plenty of time to plan. Maybe even come up with a way to meet people that doesn't involve alcohol. Who knows. Running a free bar sure sounded fun though, almost wanted to add food to it.
>>
>>9318736
Never heard of it, want to go right now!! How much is admission?
>>
>>9319405
I'll be at Matsuri, and that sounds badass. I don't know what times you were thinking, but if you're doing your thing before the rave on Saturday, count me in. I'll get drunk and coked up anyways, but if the booze is free, more coke!
>>
>>9319454

You're the kind of person that causes medical to be called because you can't control your actions. You get cops called and ruin shit for everyone else.
>>
>>9319450
$10

http://austin.carpediem.cd/events/2277423-anime-on-ice-at-chaparral-ice/
>>
>>9319484
I'm with this guy, keep your head level and lay off the coke. I'm not ignorant to that shit, and it's bad news when you can't keep steady. I've had friends who used to fuck with it and I'm glad as hell they're clean these days.
>>9319405 btw.
>>
>>9318900
I'd probably be going alone. Is it easy to mingle since it's presumably an older/more intoxicated crowd, even if it's tinier?
>>
>>9319512
>>9318900
I'll go, since I literally live in Round Rock, not even ten miles away. Find me if you need to. Never been before. If you're getting a room I'll split the cost for saturday night since I probably won't get super drunk friday and just drive home, but I'll probably want somewhere to crash saturday night because I'll likely get stupid fucked.
>>
>>9316427

I'm curious too. I'm relatively new to Houston and heard about all the drama and am curious to see which comm people like more.
>>
>>9319521
I've also never been before and live 10 minutes west of Round Rock. I'll find you, anon, though I don't plan on staying any of the nights.
>>
>>9319684
Waiting for it
>>
>>9319550
>>9316427
Different anon than >>9317235, also been part of both for a while. HLS does have a somewhat good crowd, but some are very fussy and can be catty. Their admin is not really in the scene often and is out of the loop. Apparently they had an application process going on (which I personally never saw but that was what I was told) and the admin approved 2 people: one inexperienced borderline ita and a rude drama lowcow for mods. The old mods stepped down quietly during all this, likely due to no longer caring about the fashion or because modding is too stressful. Join anyways since people are semi more active online here and they still host meets now and then, but be mindful of the terrible moderation.

HLC has a history of drama, but that really died down after the AM fiasco and with most of its old lolcows leaving the comm/Houston area. However, the comm itself is also really slow too and there's been very little meets lately (no winter ild happened for example). There's only one mod that's active, but HLC recently opened up applications for new mods so hopefully things will improve. The regular members that show to meets are generally welcoming and sweet though. Some itas here and there but no one really toxic from what I remember.

There's also an overlap of members that are in both comms, so I'd recommend joining both and finding people you like. However, you have to make an effort to get into any friend groups since there are established cliques who do their own things outside the comms as well.
>>
>>9319684
I give her two weeks
>>
>>9319729
>>9319904
Social media is challenging job. I hope she's good at PR.
>>
>>9317235>>9319738
Thanks to both of you, I just recently got in to the fashion and want to attend as many meetups and cons as possible this year. I will join both like 2nd anon advised so I can achieve this. My concern was that I'd have to pick one or the other so that's awesome to hear!
>>
when's 3rd strike
>>
>>9316279
I worked a Lolita booth before. Be prepared for to fight for your compensation and bring your own food. They sometimes don't allow you time to go eat. Best of luck.
>>
>>9322202
whats up radio
>>
>>9320185
She's not good at people, how could she be good at PR?
>>
Texas threads on cgl are such bullshit. Tired of hearing a handful of people constantly bitching about the same person. Go make a group chat and fap to each other's whining.
Where are the real topics and drama and not just little bitches with a constant vendetta and an axe to grind. Newsflash: it's getting old, children.
>>
>>9324386
So.... what did we say about you in here to piss you off?
>>
>>9316289
I remember reading up on the drama through the older lolitas angry convos on facebook. It was a fucking trip.
>>
What're everyone's feelings about the new A-Kon location in Fort Worth?
>>
>>9324415
I look forward to seeing it. More food nearby and probably bigger. I also got a hotel within walking distance for $90 a night so it's saving me money
>>
>>9324403
Oh it isn't about me, I'm just tired of the same people whining about the same shit. Your drama is pathetic and repetative, time for a new topic and new drama.
>>
>>9324415
Super excited for it, I bet the location will be much better for the con
>>
>>9324415
I was initially butthurt because I'm a Dallasfag, but I ended up actually using the TRE for NYE. It was not that bad. I was mad over nothing. NOW I'm excited.

>>9324423
Which hotel and how many people? I'm still looking for a hotel room. This is the one thing I wish A-Kon would help us out on. Which hotel has what?!
>>
>>9324471
Dallasfag here too and I am now really excited after seeing photos of the convention center and realizing that there will be more food options.
Got a room at the Omni so I'm getting pretty pumped.
>>
>>9324415
Long LONG overdue. They were too big for the Anatole the day they moved in. Hopefully now the event will actually fit appropriately in the venue.

The watergardens are going to be a madhouse, calling it.
>>
>>9324495
Water Gardens are going to be a joke. They scheduled all the official unofficial shoots there too
>>
>>9324502
Jesus are you kidding me? That's a terrible idea. That space is not good for large groups.
>>
>>9324471
check hotwire
>>
>>9324386
The world will be a better place when John finally gets arrested and sent to prison. The drama will finally stop.
>>
>>9324848
We can only hope.
However, drama really never stops in this community
>>
>>9324424
Are you one of those people that only comes into Texas threads for drama?
>>
>>9325176
He's the main focal point to a lot of it. We shall never forgive or forget the world's worst sleazy sexual predator.

The rest tends to be bitching about cons when they're about to start, a few crazy ass cosplayers or some comms.
>>
>>9325205
Are you one of those people that comes to this thread to constantly bitch about the same shit?
>>
>>9324424
So go out and create some fresh shit, anon. Get bold. Be the drama you want to see on cgl. I believe in you.
>>
>>9324471
I use the TRE for work on a regular basis. Public transportation has its downsides, but I think Dallasfags who give it a shot for the con will be pleasantly surprised.
Just don't fucking talk to or make eye contact with the hobos.
>>
>>9322202
Run it the fuck back and we will see.
>>
Mini A-kon confirmed to be in February at the same shitty venue as last time. Not sure if I should go really. Even the raffle was organized really poorly last time.
>>
>>9328447
Is it really that bad? I haven't been to one but was considering this year
>>
Desu harassment fiascos are not a reason to not attend a con

The real reasons to not attend AM are myriad - almost nothing about it is run correctly, it's riddled with administrative, logistical, and clerical issues. Really simple stuff. When your very volunteers are complaining they didn't get enough training, that's a red flag, but when guests refuse to return or the con is sued for unpaid bills (especially more than once), that's a blaring siren. Who gives a shit if the owner is a creep? The con is complete garbage. Not worth your money or time.
>>
>>9328503
>still huge
>still got a huge dealers room
>still tons of people to bro it up with
You're going to have to show me the place almost empty with overbearing police presence to convince me not to go because everything else can be dealt with or outright ignored. Don't really care where my money ends up, I spent it to be around a massive throng of weebs. Not to go to some gay panels. And I've never given a shit about guests. Never will, unless they somehow get Sugita or Tomino themselves.

As far as I'm concerned the administration is just there to rent out the venue for us to fuck around in.
>>
>>9328497
In my experience, it was usually pretty good. It was the best when it was in this library and this civic center (not sure?) Most of the cosplayers would be outside in between the two buildings and it would be spring weather so it would be nice to hang out, and there'd be raffles. One year though, there was a bad winter storm, so they cancelled it and now they have it at this shitty event center that's basically a big dirty garage in my opinion. The raffle they had had this terrible microphone and the guy calling the numbers was totally incompetent.

That was a year ago, though, so my memory might be a little hazy.
>>
>>9328541

You're 100% correct

It's a terrible venue and different people are in charge now. It's completely gone down hill since it was still in Denton
>>
Has anyone been to AseliaCon? I want to check it out since it's not very far away and it's small (albeit single fandom) but I'm on the fence about staying at the hotel for the weekend.
>>
>>9328644
Are new people really in charge? I realized that the organizers at the Denton ones seemed a lot more on top of things and generally excited to be there. Whoever's in charge now is just... phoning it in or something. When they announced that there'd be news about Mini A-kon soon I was really hoping for a venue change, but apparently not. I don't know if anyone who went last year actually had fun?

Please provide deets tho no one ever seems to want to talk about the event since it's so tiny but idk i'm curious
>>
>>9328676
I like to call it Drug Con since that event center looks like someone could open their jacket and offer you cocaine at any given moment, it's too small and too cramped and too disgusting for the amount of people that end up going. Numerous people have voiced this point on the event page but the organizers either dont care or havent seen it, my money is on that they dont care.
>>
>>9328517
This post is so based. I would absolutely bro it up with you, anon.
>>
>>9328675
I have, my option will be pretty biased since I'm a huge Tales fan, but I absolutely love it. Everyone is pretty nice, and it's easy to make friends and connect with people. There's a game room if you get bored, and the panels are small but personal. The artist alley is small and mostly has Tales, but even if someone doesn't have merch of your favorite character there WILL be someone there who loves them & you could commission for. I'm pretty sure there's a room sharing thread on the main FB page if you wanted to give it a shot & save some money.
>>
>>9328676

Yeah new people took over. It's less organized. There's no separate areas or rooms for panels or just for anything really. It's one giant dirty open space with everything in it all at once. You can't hear anything and no one knows what is happening when. The artist Alley had some questionable merch last year that just printed pictures of characters online and slapped them on "accessories"

It's a joke and a place for parents to drop off their middle and high school kids for a few hours to be babysat.
>>
Anybody planning on hosting swap meets in the Marriot or Hilton by the AM convention center?
>>
>>9324386
>stop talking about drama
You're on a board full of girls. What else do you think we're gonna talk about?
>>
>>9329706
I want to host one but there is probably someone already planning on hosting one.
>>
>>9328955
I've gone every year since the first and it's still great, even last year when everyone was sick (and so many people bought cough drops just to share). It's small but they have a few fun events and the game room is nice.
>>
>>9329721
I'm sure it'll come up closer to the con. I was just curious more than anything.
>>
>>9329720
I think that anon was annoyed with the same people posting their same drama over and over. The rest of us just ignore it and roll our eyes at the obvious vendetta obsession but this anon clearly was sick of it.
>>
>>9328955
>>9329743
Thanks for the input! I definitely feel better about going the whole weekend. Even if there's not a whole lot going on, some downtime will be nice.

I tried doing some research but couldn't find anything; are there any nearby food options besides hotel amenities?
>>
>>9330854
There's a Whataburger literally outside the hotel, and a few places in driving distance!
>>
>>9330885
This is a state that bitches hard if there isn't food trucks outside of the con. Every con is suppose to have them.
>>
>>9331139
It's Whataburger, there will be a bunch of out-of-staters and possibly foreigners present. It's like feeding crack to a teenager, they'll run out of food on friday.
>>
>>9331139
That is a trend that barely started 3 years ago. I doubt Everyone bitches about food trucks. Most cons don't even have them...
>>
>>9331188
He's bitching about one autist from austin who got triggered because houston had more food trucks.
>>
Why the hell does Matsuri get all the good guests and A-Kon doesn't? I don't want to support Matsuri but A-Kon needs to step it up and take notes on guests.
>>
>>9331599
We go over this in EVERY thread. A-Kon's staff is old as fuck and also showing early signs of Alzheimer's. That's why they think everyone still cares about steampunk. They just don't realize that we're not in 2010 anymore.

I can think of two occasions where A-Kon has actually had good guests. Last year, when we had Production IG was one. The other is when we had a few lolita guests, but the models for the fashion show kind of fucked everyone else over so that's never happening again.
>>
>>9331641

Pretty sure the had fashion guests and a runway last year.

Seconding the old farts living in the past with an obessession with Steampunk. All the guests so far are just random American voice actors and a steampunk band (big surprise). Where Afest already has them blown out of the water and they aren't even until what August?

I know Akon staff used to watch the boards but they don't care. You have to flood their Facebook pages
>>
>>9331766
Considering that A-Kon fired the people who would tell the people at the top to book good current guests you can expect nothing to change.
>>
>>9331766
>>9331799
I think the shittiest thing is that this isn't even a "speak with your wallet" sort of situation. A-Kon is too big to actually HAVE TO care. It's probably the biggest con in Texas, one of the biggest in the US as a whole. It's too big to be affected by a handful of angry con goers when the attendance rate just gets bigger and bigger every year. It sucks.
>>
>>9331799

They don't like when people tell them they have shit taste and are very out of touch with anything currently trending.
>>
Alright, who's going to Pax South this weekend? Excited?
>>
>>9332723
>Excited?
No. It's unfortunately a very boring but very expensive con and personally, not worth what they're charging. The only thing is has going for it is that it is a fun place to meet up with friends you haven't seen in awhile.
>>
>>9332780
Well that sucks to hear. This is my first year, and I know it's mainly indie games but I was at least a little excited
>>
>>9332896
It's not horrible, it's just not as good as the other PAXs or large cons. If you haven't been to that many you'll probably have a good time.
>>
>>9332907
cmon anon let them be excited!!
>>
>>9332917
Fiiiine.

Be excited anon, a cons a con and you're bound to see some things that will be exciting.
>>
>>9332920
thank you <3

>>9332896
hope you have a good time anon! im personally excited myself even though theres not much for lolitas to do! hopefully theres cool cosplays
>>
What's in February to look forward to?
>>
File: IMAG0007.jpg (1B, 486x500px)
IMAG0007.jpg
1B, 486x500px
>>9332723
I'll be at PAX this weekend. If you see me around come say hi or something
>>
>>9332981
please tell me this is a neck beard cosplay anon
>>
>>9333535
I suspect its a picture stolen from someones facebook or twitter that was stupid enough to post it and say they were going to pax. Someone from here found it and posted it as a passive vendetta.
>>
>>9333535
>>9333550
This actually is my neck beard cosplay. I'll be wearing it on Saturday.
Get at me.
>>
>>9333978
You're even more retarded than I thought at first, well done anon.
>>
>>9333978
>no fatsuit
>no fedora
>no glasses
>no actual neckbeard
2/10 most won't even realize it's cosplay.
>>
>>9332967
Mini a-kon?
>>
>>9334536
>look forward to
>>
>>9332981
Who is this glorious man?
>>
>>9332981
I saw you at PAX.
>>
So for everyone who went to PAX, how was it?
>>
>>9337756
Frustrating. They're updating the convention center and the area table top was at last year was torn down, so they combined the space with the Expo Hall. The demo areas for Nintendo Switch and REVII were capped for the day after an hour, including Sunday. I don't plan to go next year.
>>
>>9337756
>>9337803
PAX is always shit
>>
>>9337859
PAX South has turned into PAX Indie Gaming Boardgame Hangout Con. The good shit is at East and Prime.
>>
>>9337756
It was pretty cool. Probably the most interesting thing I saw was when I walked into the jamspace and saw a team skull grunt, a really cute chick, and someone's dad playing stairway to heaven.
>>
Who all submitted panels to A-Kon? Confirmation email says we'll start getting acceptance emails in February, which starts tomorrow. Anyone nervous? Is it hard to get accepted at that con?
>>
How are we not talking about this ridiculousness yet?
>>
>>9338674
You fucking what
>>
>>9338674
I cannot WAIT to see all of the hambeasts falling on their asses while trying to be ever so elegant. I'm so ready for this.
>>
>>9338674
If nobody shows up in an MS-09 Dom suit and starts skating I'm going to melt the rink.
>>
>>9338674
Is this an actual rink, or some synthetic shit they threw together in the exhibit hall? I dont understand.

Another thing i dont understand is how people are still following reika. I thought she was old news by now.
>>
>>9338606

Depends. They brought new people in last year and it seemed there was a lot of new panels. No idea what to expect for this year. I think having a strong panel plan and open availability helps.

I do know it takes awhile before you might hear something back. I had a panel accepted early on last year, but didn't get my other accepted until a few weeks later. You'll hear something one way or another.
>>
>>9337935
Ok so how high were you exactly? Because whatever you were smoking must've made you hallucinate.
>>
>Megumi Han
>Ladybeard
Let's see how many seagulls stick to their morals after these announcements since it is AM.
>>
>>9341048
I don't know or care who either of those people are.
>>
>>9338690
Reika keeps cosplaying the fujoshit flavor of the month so she'll unfortunately always be relevant.
>>
>>9341062
I mean, its a great series for people that want positive lgbt and cultural representation, im just sick to death of reika. Im so tired of her dorito face and walking photoshop.
>>
>>9341048
You mean like the same shits who swear that they'll never return to A-Kon but still keep showing up when someone good is announced.
>>
>>9341156

Attendance keeps going up so it old and NEW shits
>>
>>9338690
Given the size and that it's in the center, it's most likely synthetic, or a portable easy-freeze rental set.
>>
panel submissions up for sj. anyone submitting this year?
>>
>>9343764
please for the love of all things holy let there be good panels this time around
last year was so boring and the same old shit
>>
>>9343770
i wouldnt expect anything good. the few decent panelists are skipping this year because of what happened last year
>>
>>9343778
>what happened last year
...what happened? I'm kind out of the loop on the behind the scenes stuff other than seeing the panels were boring
>>
>>9343785
staff had their heads up their asses and were really rude to a lot of them and basically accused everyone of only hosting panel for free badges.

if you check the feedback thread for last year you'll see a bunch of people talking about it
>>
>>9343791
>basically accused everyone of only hosting panel for free badges
This... surprised them?
Are they aware they're the ones that decide which panels get approved?
>>
>>9343818
yeah, and last year they started not approving most people for more than 2 hours worth so they wouldn't have to give out badges. their badge requirement was minimum 4 hours of panels for free ones.
>>
>>9343791
>basically accused everyone of only hosting panel for free badges.
You mean people do it for other reasons?
>>
>>9344080

I know plenty of panelists who present because they just enjoy doing it. It's not always about a free badge. Though you can generally tell which panelists just want badges by how much they half-ass their presentation.
>>
File: 5a4.png (1B, 486x500px)
5a4.png
1B, 486x500px
>>9343924
>last year they started not approving most people for more than 2 hours worth so they wouldn't have to give out badges. their badge requirement was minimum 4 hours of panels for free ones

Nothing new there. Im surprised the SJ defender hasnt came and made a scene yet.
>>
Is Dreamhack Austin worth going to and/or cosplaying at? Only online game-related cosplay I have is a League cosplay and it's not going to be played during the event so idk if it's weird to wear it.
>>
Never been to Matsuri, considering going this year just for a day. Are the badges worth it for a day? 65 seems a bit steep. Do they sell discounted badges at the door for just one day? Is there much to do without badges?
>>
>>9346447
Not there for the guests, lolita or Cosplay? Prepare to be bored after a couple hours in the dealer room.
>>
File: Slutty_bisexual_supersoldier.jpg (539KB, 1923x1276px) Image search: [Google]
Slutty_bisexual_supersoldier.jpg
539KB, 1923x1276px
im going to make this my official statement. Hi. im Atom. many people in houston have seen me, many know me, im cool. always been cool. how have i been cool? i like to go to concerts. i like music. i dress up for the music. matsuri had nirgilis. they had teddy loid. Now im not saying their band line up is bad, but if the main draw of matsuri was that it was a badass japanese concert, which is how ive always thought of it, itd probably be better. i havent been to matsuri since teddy loid was there and i havent heard a single reason to go, because, the only thing that gets my attention is music. so, in short, consider acts like hirasawa or fear and loathing or maximum the hormone. that would be siiiiiickk omgomgomg please, think of the music first. idiots. also keep in mind this matsuri is following GITS release, so, expect a lot of little kids
>>
>>9347762
also my mom is making me go. she makes me go to conventions. idk why. so ill be there.
>>
This was posted on the Anime Matsuri group
>>
>>9347783
Im confused as to why they think this is a big enough deal to crowd fund for.
>>
>>9347783
She is getting roasted on the thread LOL
>>
>>9347783
Which group? Need to witness it.
>>
>>9347783
Once in a lifetime?? AM happens every year and it's not the only anime con in Texas.
Also you don't need the fucking hotel breakfast, what the hell.

I'm assuming she's young (18 or so) and has never done anything on her own.
>>
>>9347762
Aw I thought this was a copypasta
>>
>>9346447
One-day passes are a bit cheaper (cheapest is Sunday), but like the other anon said, there's not much to do aside from raid the Dealer Room if you're not dressing up or watching panels.
>>
>>9347783
The original post was deleted but she posted a new thread without the link. I was able to still find the gofundme but saw this.

>>9347866
Its the official AM group

>>9347870
She also mentioned she had kids so im assuming not but who knows lol
>>
File: 20170207_131815.png (236KB, 1440x1802px) Image search: [Google]
20170207_131815.png
236KB, 1440x1802px
>>9347881
Dropped image
>>
>>9347884
Just read the thread, this is so awkward.
>>
>>9347783
>$2500 goal
>for a convention
>>
>>9341048
>>9341156
I'm fucking pissed they got Megumi Han but I won't go. She's on my dream list of autographs I want to collect and I just hope they don't ruin my chance of getting it by ruining her impression of us.
>>
>>9347884
I can't find the thread but I'm dying to read it. Who posted it? Is it still up?
>>
>>9347987
I think she deleted it since she was getting roasted.
>>
File: 20170207_153502.png (491KB, 1440x2117px) Image search: [Google]
20170207_153502.png
491KB, 1440x2117px
>>9347987
She deleted it but ended up posting this on her fb
>>
>>9348033
Petty of people to bitch at her for those things, yes. But the overall core of her fundraiser is still fucking stupid. I'm guessing she didn't want to address those.
>>
>>9322278
Thanks, I'll keep this in mind.
>>
>>9347762
Holy fucking cancer.

>>9347783
I take it back. THIS is cancer.
>>
>>9346447
Especially because the past few years they haven't been able to sell all the booths. So they will give empty ones to vendors that are already there to spread out their merch. They also often move guests to booths that are supposed to be filled so it looks like more is going on.
*I am a vendor I know this for a fact*
Everything about AM is run like shit. I've been doing this for a long time and I will never go back to that show.
>>
>>9341048
ladybeard would be cool but having integrity is cooler.
>>
>>9348353
I never swore off of AM. Can I go and still have integrity?
>>
>>9349445
imo, sure! desu my only side eye goes out to people, mainly lolitas, who made a fuss when it was cool to do so and then silently slunk back because they're weak and don't know what it means to stand for something. if you never cared - or professed to because it was a good look - in the first place, go nuts, champ. if you see ladybeard, party for me.
>>
>>9349466
Different anon but I'm one of those who signed the petition and everything and am moving to Galveston to attend the medical school there 800 miles away from home. I didn't even go to Shop In Wonderland the three times I flew over for interviews. AM might be the only fun thing I can do for the next four years. What should I do?
>>
>>9328517
This. This 1000x.
>>
>>9346447
Last year I went and didn't go to any panels, didn't see any guests, and still one of the best times I've had. Then again, I got a 3-day pass and ended up going to the rave for the full length while pretty drunk.

I'd say, if you have friends, or you're good at making friends, you'll have a blast.
>>
>>9350129
People are probably gonna say "eughgh if u have fun ur a fucking shill" but really, if you want to go to AM, go man. Don't let guilt keep you from having fun. Go to AM, go to SIW, have the time of your life!
>>
>>9317228
Prison? He didn't do anything illegal...
>>
>>9320205
Most people are part of both. HLS was just created to get away from AM drama desu.
>>
>>9322588
I'd love to know who this is about, but original post is deleted.
>>
>>9350167
Well I didn't expect that. Thank you anon
>>
File: okaythen.gif (2MB, 500x280px) Image search: [Google]
okaythen.gif
2MB, 500x280px
>>9350330
Stealing $100k, multiple lawsuits of stealing stuff, and sexually harassing underage women isn't illegal in your world?
>>
Apparently, there's a cosplay runway event in Houston with 10 guests this weekend which no one is talking about? Too funny. I didn't even know it existed until the day before it.
>>
>>9350129
there are other texas cons you can attend and plenty of fun things to do in the area. you choose where you spend your money, anon; it doesn't HAVE to be am. since this is anonymous, obviously who cares, but don't be surprised if some people think of you as having a little less integrity if you choose to go to something you were opposed to because you can't find something else "fun" to do in the next four years. tbf i never said hellfire and damnation on all who change their tune out of convenience, just side eye and the truth that fun is more important to you than sticking to convictions. in the end its nbd to me.
>>
>>9350620
Maybe that anon is in Mexico.
>>
>>9316202
He has the Sailor Moon thing but I am still really suspicious. You know how much it is going to cost to get all those guests over? It is misleading because you think they are going to do a full production but likely just going to be a few songs and done.

The rest of the guest list is a joke. More $$$$ to put in his pocket.

I'm not going to support a pedophile and it's up the street. sorry Jon.
>>
>>9316302
You're what the hip young kids call "a bad person". Grats.
>>
>>9350620
>>9350791

I won't argue the money, nor the harassment. However, none of the counts state that these girls were underage. So while its unethical, it's not illegal.
>>
jfc, can we just rename this thread anime matsuri drama shitfest?! That's what Texas threads turn into Every. Single. Time.

Get off your soapbox gulls, if people are going to attend reading a drama site isn't gonna change their minds.
>>
>>9350839
Some don't give a shit. Some never heard of it. We harp on it because some of us will never forgive.

It'll stop when AM folds up or John is arrested. We would prefer the latter.
>>
>>9350804
Agreed. I have seen absolutely no source for the "16 year old" in question. Just a facebook post of my friend's friend said that it did happen with no follow up after pressed for more details.

I'm also not going to defend what John did, since what I'm about to say doesn't excuse the shitty handling of AM and guests. He's a sleazeball and unprofessional. But I wanted to point something out. Does anyone realize he's eurotrash? Because I know some of my somewhat recently immigrated friends joke in such a harsh manner, but people in our circle and myself eventually started calling them out. I feel like he was too stupid to understand he was making people uncomfortable and mostly everyone else didn't call him out on it because they were too scared to do something so assertive on their own. Not saying this is what actually happened, just a possibility as to why it lead up to this.
>>
>>9350129
Isn't Oniicon in Galveston??
>>
>>9351157
>>
Did anyone else notice shop in wonderland popped up with a two day event, that coincides with a hls meet tomorrow and a hlc meet Sunday? Paranoia? Or another nightfall move?
>>
>>9351622
Deneice the fucking wacko.
>>
>>9351622
what does the shop sale?
>>
>>9351622
Nah I think that's reaching. It's just because its close to Valentines day
>>
>>9350129
Just go. It's one of the better cons in Texas anyway. Though desu anything is better than A-Kon aka one of the worst cons not named Onicon in Texas.
>>
>>9350791
He literally spent most of the money on Megumi Han and the stupid Sailor Moon musical cast. The fans wanted people from the actual series, why do people in the US think we actually care about the broadway cast?
>>
>>9351622
>>9352061

It's because of Valentines Day. It's not like an actual "event", more like a sale with treats.
>>
>>9352061
>>9353577
Ah k. Just heard about it and didn't know the details.
>>
>>9332723
Meh, honestly nothing great for the wait. 4+ hour lines to try some games for 10 minutes was just disheartening.
>>
>>9355119
Don't go to E3 or PAX Prime then. 4 hours is nothing.
>>
Any TX cons worth going to in April?
>>
>>9355208
The con schedule is all fucked up this year, most of the cons are now happening in mid summer onwards.
>>
>>9355208
AM is in April, but your mileage may vary on calling it "worth going to"
>>
>>9355208
Go to AM. Fuck qhat everyone says. Great con.
>>
>>9355507
fuck off stefan
>>
>>9351622
Did anyone go to Shop in Wonderland for that? I wasn't able to make it, was wondering what it was.
>>
>>9355510
death grips?
>>
Ushicon roll call? I'm still on the fence since I'd only be going Saturday and there's no 1-day passes but maybe if there are enough other gulls going...
>>
AM worth going to from out of state?
>>
>>9357226
This year, yeah. Great musical guests you probably won't see elsewhere.
>>
>>9357218
You can drink in the open but you'll see everyone there at the con in 20 minutes. I like the drinking part.
>>
File: FB_IMG_1487181621219.jpg (78KB, 960x540px) Image search: [Google]
FB_IMG_1487181621219.jpg
78KB, 960x540px
This group in SA did a cosplay zoo meet and it ended up more cringy than I thought it was going to be
>>
>>9357675
>zoo
Why
>>
>>9357675
Why do people keep making cosplay meets to zoos and aquariums, this is almost as bad as mall cosplay meets
>>
A-Kon panel acceptance/rejection letters have been going out and I'm loling at peoples overreactions to their character panels not getting accepted.
>>
>>9359012
Ok.
>>
>>9359012
Deets
>>
>>9359063
a-kon has in their rules that they won't accept character driven panels where the entire panel is basically just people acting in character and not really doing anything else. People thought if they included things like swaps or party games they'd get accepted and now that they're not they're bitching about it.

>>9359049
sorry you didn't get accepted anon
>>
>>9359244
I havent seen anyone bitching yet, i cant wait
>>
>>9359259
I saw two posts and am waiting for more
>>
>>9359319
Anon, you can't just say that and not tell us where to find the posts! Is it Facebook or tumblr?
>>
>>9359322
facebook. peoples personal pages, not in the group. but i bet tumblr has some good shit too
>>
File: akon.jpg (37KB, 650x224px) Image search: [Google]
akon.jpg
37KB, 650x224px
>>9359322
Example. games in question were cheesy ass filler games for her in character panel. not an actual game show
>>
>>9359450

They act like there arent probably hundreds of other people trying to get a panel spot. The rule said they aren't accepted I'm not sure why they are surprised
>>
>>9359469
Man fuck the retards who think that's worth a panel. If they want to jerk off in cosplay characters playing truth or dare they can go to a porn store where fat fucks will pay them $$. I'm glad A-Kon recognizes that they're garbage trash where they belong. I hope the fucks who cry over get hit by a cold punch of reality on how stupid they are.

Keep up the good work A-Kon. Say no to shitards.
>>
I'm smirking at the constant bitching in the A-Kon group that badges are too expensive. When a guest is announced they shit on the guest like they're owed the entire cast of Love Live to show up, JAM Project should perform there along with the entire Gainax Studios should show up answering their questions.
>>
>>9360378

It's like long waits and lines. That's part of the deal with going to a large ass con. But they will bitch anyway.
>>
>>9360378
There's always going to be someone to bitch that the badges are too expensive.
Regardless of the guests/content, since it won't appeal to everyone there anyway.
>>
>>9360378
I will have to agree with them on the guest part. A-Kon is the biggest and oldest convention in the state yet alot of people are dissappointed every year with the guests. They should really get more modern guests at least. I know their the oldest con, but their guests shouldn't have to reflect that.
>>
>>9360477
I think what I'm annoyed about the most from A-Kon's guest choice is that they always go for the cheapest possible guests. Nearly everyone is a local. Why not have a few really good guests instead of like 30 guests no one cares about?
>>
>>9360486

Because that would cost money. I don't think they like spending money on any worthwhile ventures. They would rather waste it on steampunk bands and Johny boshes band. Where are all the Japanese guests? How can all other cons bring in at least a decent guest but Akon fails every year?
>>
me again
>>9351157
You know I think you are right. Im not too familiar with cons in the area. But I am sure going to keep that in mind
>>
>>9362713
Onicon has lame organization as a con but its in a good location at the galveston con center (use google next time). AA is pretty great and usually it's a nice spot to hang with friends.
>>
File: 20170222_115922.png (265KB, 1080x1016px) Image search: [Google]
20170222_115922.png
265KB, 1080x1016px
Akon is asking about guests. The Facebook page has been entertaining
>>
>>9365608
A-Kon would probably be more inclined to listen if people weren't being such huge dicks about this.
>>
>>9365652

Doubt they would listen anyway. People are tired of repeating themselves every year and being ignored. I'm not surprised they are being so curt.
>>
>>9365679
The snark on both sides is quite funny.
>>
I am very excited about the cosplay guests at A-Kon this year. They are all incredibly talented.
>>
>>9365748

You sound like Akon PR
>>
>>9365785
Nope, not affiliated. But I am excited.
>>
>>9365830

Considering the lineup so far the only people that would be impressed are teenagers or staff.
>>
>>9365923
Guess who's buying all the badges and shitting up the Facebook group.
>>
Doubtful but did anyone go to Mini A-kon?
If so how was it?
>>
>>9369387
It was a shit show, left about twenty minutes in.
>>
Anyone else going to this bookstore thing?
>>
>>9369387

Went to both. It felt like mini A-Kon was not cared as much about compared to the bookstore event. Like mini Akon was the sad forgotten step child.
>>
>>9370412
mini a-kon was shitty as usual. the bookstore thing was good but it was so cold outside and there wasn't much to do other than to go into the bookstore or be outside. You could shop around in the strip mall but then you might miss some of the raffles? idk. It's not supposed to be like a con at all so it doesn't really matter.

Next up is A-kon or maybe Matsuri if anyone's going.
>>
Today is the last day to send your panel in for Akon. Has anyone heard back yet?
>>
>>9373129
I haven't, but I know some people have already gotten their rejection letters.
Thread posts: 296
Thread images: 14

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.