[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Skincare General

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 312
Thread images: 42

File: Korean Routine.jpg (1B, 486x500px)
Korean Routine.jpg
1B, 486x500px
Old Thread >>9240843
Basic Western Routine:
>Cleanser
>Toner
>Moisturizer

Starter Asian Routine:
>Oil Cleanser
>Foaming Cleanser
>Moisturizer
>Sunscreen

Some basic tips:
>Introduce Moisturizer first. As much as you want to introduce a cleanser to clean, a moisturizer helps control oil production
>introduce one product, two weeks at a time
>Unless starting BHA or AHA, you should not be getting new breakouts while introducing products
>YMMV always. Just because it worked for others, doesn't mean it will work for you.

See below for some product suggestions
>>
asic skincare products are:

Cleanser: Cetaphil, CeraVe
Toner: Thayers Alcohol Free Witch Hazel
Moisturizer: Aloe Vera gel, Cerave PM Cetaphil moisturizer, Eucarin

Asian Beauty Starter Pack:
Oil cleanser: DHC Deep Cleansing Oil, Kose Softymo Speedy Cleansing Oil, Banila Co Clean It Zero
Second Cleanser: Hada Labo Foaming, Cerave Foaming, Tosowoong Powder Enzyme, CosRx Good Morning Gel
Moisturizer: Cerave PM, Benton Snail Bee Steam Cream, CosRx Honey Ceramide Full Moisture Cream, CosRx 92 Snail AIO
Sunscreen: Biore Watery Essence, Shiseido Senka Anti-aging, Canmake Mermaid UV Gel, Biore Perfect Milk

As always, YMMV. Just because other people like it, doesn't mean that you would
>>
So, has anyone tried anything new in the past few days? I've been trying out this moisturizer from Etude House called Pure Water Baobab Cream. It gets my face really tight but other than that, no bad reactions.

Looking forward to trying the oil cleansers soon.
>>
File: 1343078971962.jpg (1B, 486x500px)
1343078971962.jpg
1B, 486x500px
Am I supposed to wash my face before I go to bed and apply aloe vera to it? I'm not using any makeup, just moisturizer
>>
I'm looking to find a chemical exfoliator to help me with my acne hyperpigmentation and dry skin in the winter, has anyone found one they love?
>>
>>9294449
TonyMoly My Sunny Kids & Mom Sun Cream: Got it because it was an all physical sunscreen. Fragrance is way too strong and lingers all day, would not recommend.

Silk Naturals 2% BHA toner: Good stuff, I use it every other night now. I was hoping I could use this as a cheaper alternative to the pricier Paula's Choice BHA products I've used, and was not disappointed.

I have oily and acne prone skin, if that matters
>>
Are there any really good Japanese brands for combination skin? I've heard etudehouse is pretty good.
>>
>>9295202
Strike one: Etude House is Korean.
>>
>>9295214
I saw it Japan when I visited so I assumed it was a Japanese brand.
>>
Any recommendations for good sun screens, moisturizers, and vitamin c serums? I have combination acne prone skin with lots of subtle pigmentation from old acne. I'd prefer American stuff so I could pick it up locally or without crazy shipping times. But open to try easily obtainable Asian items, especially if there are small samples available.

Right now im using aloe gel as a moisturizer but I'd like something that's more emolient for the dryer winter months.

Also I had a screencap saved of an anon with similar skin to me saying niacinamide helped their oiliness, and i was thinking a moisturizer with that in it would be good. But from research I did there seems to be a debate about whether or not is worth it to use both vit c and niacinamide... I did see a vitamin c serum with niacinamide in it as well, I think jt was called super serum or something...Does anyone have any experience with that?
>>
>>9295261
That may have been me, anon! I have stick-of-butter-on-face level oily skin and slathering on Tonymoly's Panda dream sleeping pack (Niacinamide is a top ingredient) twice a day has helped so much.

I recently got Secret Key's Snow white essence specifically for it's vitamin c content, but I think the combination of AHA+Niacinamide+VitC is too harsh for my skin, because I've been pretty inflamed since using it. Just cut it out a few days ago.
>>
>>9295297
Thanks for the product rec; Id been wondering specifically what product you used and I'm glad you were here to answer! And yeah that is what I've heard, that mixing niacinamide and vit c causes temporary inflamation or flushing... So I will either have to get nitty gritty with learning the chemical stuff to see if I can get around that, or just chose one or the other. My skin is only oily after I've been out and about for a good amount of time, especially if I'm wearing makeup, so maybe I can find a way to use different products on different days depending on my needs.
>>
>>9295314
I've read that as long as you wait at least 20 minutes in between Vitamin C and niacinamide it should minimize the flushing if that helps.

And I alternate BHA/AHA on days because doing it both at the same time irritates my skin, so just have to start slow and find the balance for you!
>>
>>9295202
The really good Japanese products are like their oil cleansers, Hada Labo, Kikumasamune and their sunscreens.
>>
>>9295261
Biore Aqua Watery Essence Gel and Biore Perfect Milk in the blue container.
>>
>>9295261
I really like Shiseido's sunblock, I have the one that protects from pollution too and noticed a big difference in my skin just from that.
>>
>>9294490
If your night routine involves being done right before bed then yes. If you do a routine sometime else earlier in the evening then no.
>>
File: 1445639436507.png (1B, 486x500px)
1445639436507.png
1B, 486x500px
How do I know if I have only skin or dry skin?

Skin being too dry = skin gets all oily because it overproduces stuff, right?
So, what does an oily skin look then?

I have no routine or whatever. I only put on aloe vera gel in the morning. Should I do that before I sleep too when my skin is all shiny or will that just fuckup my skin even further?
>>
>>9298566
Dry skin = skin not producing enough oils and causes it to flake/crack

Oil skin = skin gets oily as it produces too much, usually results in spots
>>
>>9298566
When do you shower? Do you use a cleanser? You probably don't want to trap any of the dirt and gunk accumulated on your face during the day under a layer of aloe vera
>>
>>9298603
Oh yeah. I take a shower, then a cleanser and then aloe vera. Should I just do cleanser and aloe vera before I go to sleep again? My skin tightens when the aloe vera gets dry. I assume that's normal.

Sorry, but I have no idea about any of that. I just want my skin to be less oily. I shower daily, otherwise I feel like a dirty fuck.
>>
>>9298606
As long as you're cleansing before putting on any kind of moisturizer before going to sleep, that's fine. Aloe vera is an astringent, so the tightening feeling is normal.

Maybe your skin needs something a little more occlusive at night, since aloe vera by itself doesn't really hold in the moisture. Some kind of gel moisturizer or light lotion with glycerin might be good to layer over the aloe. There are cheap options like cerave or cetaphil lotions.

If your skin is just naturally oily, there's no real surefire way as far as I know to dramatically diminish that, but keeping moisturized at least rules out dehydration being a possible cause. If it's a priority, there are powders/foundations for oily skin that are meant to keep the shine down.
>>
>>9298566
If you wash your face with water and your skin feels tight then you might have dry skin.
>>
>>9298566
Dehydrated normal+oily skin generally gets more oily, dehydrated dry skin is still dry and flaky.
>>
>>9298606
You can get mattifying moisturisers, I use one by Eucerin that's really good.
>>
Hello anons !

I want ideas of what I could upgrade on my routine. I have start two months ago ~ So far, my skin has gotten better ( especially my big pores of my cheeks... they are still there but less big ! ) tho I still have a lot of breakout under my jaw and a lot of blackheads. My skin feels a lot more hydrated since I start too ! I'm using :

+ Random Japanese Oil Cleanser ( I have DHC buy and store for when I will have finish this one tho ! )
+ Hadalabo ABA+BHA Foam Cleanser
+ Hadalabo Gokujyun Lotion Toner
+ 21.5 Vitamin C Serum
+ Mizon Snail Repair Intensive Ampoule
+ Mizon Snail Eye cream.

I would like to get your opinions on what I could get to complete my routine, or what could I change for something better. I will need to buy the mizon snail ampoule soon so if you have any recommandations about something hydrating and wrinkle repairing I would gladly hear it ! Also something for the balckheads would be really helpful ! ~

Thank you Anons !
>>
Has anyone tried Western brands for sunscreen? I'm paranoid about buying Biore sunscreens from Amazon after testing them and seeing that they actually didn't block UV effectively (probably expired?). I've tried drugstore brands but they all cause horrible pilling or the whitening effect is pretty bad. Thinking about buying Paula's Choice since they have so many sales.
>>
I recently got a Clarisonic for Christmas...the reviews online are really good so I decided to treat myself. Does anyone else have one? What cleanser do you recommend with it? I have sensitive/oily skin.
>>
>>9293098
What's the best cream/treatment to remove acne scars? Mine are pretty severe
>>
>>9299247
I have one and love it! Be sure to register it online with their website; they'll send you a $25 off $50 coupon and if it ever stops working you can call and get a replacement. They usually have a sale this time of year where you can buy a set of 4 heads at a discounted price. There are heads on ebay but idk of their quality.

One thing I've learned is don't keep it in the shower and don't drop it. Using it the shower is fine but I think keeping it in there at all times messed up the battery on my first one.
>>
has anyone used lush products like their face scrubs or washes? do they work? I just got a gift card to there so I'm curious
>>
>>9299521
Their Tea Tree and Breath of Fresh Air toners work really well for my face. I also use their Sea Spray for my hair.
>>
>>9299521
I find most of the face washes too scented and kinda unhygenic, like why would I want to be touching the same bar of face wash every day vs. using something with a pump dispenser.
Overall I think if you aren't sensitive to scents you should be fine and some people swear by them, but I find them over-priced, over-hyped, and over-scented.

>>9299260
If they're deep scars nothing over the counter is likely to help and you're better going somewhere that does stuff like microdermabrasion, laser etc. If it's pigmentation then vitamin C, niacinamide and AHA creams are all supposed to help.
Moisturising can also help scars.

>>9299144
Maybe a leave-on BHA - having it in your cleanser is kinda useless because it probably won't stay on long enough to do that much. Cosrx BHA power liquid is generally well liked.
You could also look at a retinol product or retinoid cream.
>>
>>9299521
I really enjoy the face scrubs! I used Herbalism to clear up some occasional break outs but I'm a sucker for Let the Good Times Roll. The smell is so good imo and I like these scrubs because they also have a gentle exfoliating touch to it. I noticed when I stopped using the lush facial scrubs my jawline nonstop breaks out nonstop... I have oily skin as a reference. You can always try checking out their bath bombs though for some fun while you relax in the tub!
>>
>>9298566
Have you tried the napkin test? That is generally a good way to see.

Personally, find out first if you have dehydrated skin and go from there.
>>
File: Untitled.png (1B, 486x500px)
Untitled.png
1B, 486x500px
I'm finally diving into Asian skincare and was thinking about starting with the pictured products, does anyone have any experience with them?
>>
Has anyone tried the Luna by Foreo, or a cheaper alternative? Does it really work or is it a scam?
>>
>>9299226
I've been using the small version of the Supergoop! for a few months now without complaint.

I have my routine down pat but I've still been struggling with huge pores on my cheeks specifically. I exfoliate once a week and mask when I do, should I try to mask more or look for something else?
>>
>>9300534
I had a friend try it and they didn't like it as much as the Clarisonic. The reviews online aren't very good of it, I'd maybe go for a Clarisonic or a different alternative.
>>
Does anyone find that some people get really...weird when discussing skincare in places like feet? I've had people tell me the best way to take care of my feet is to do absolutely nothing to them, but these are also the same people who understand that everyone's face is different and needs a different routine. How are other parts of the body any different?
>>
>>9293098
What's the deal with Equate? It's constantly stocked next to cetaphil and I'm broke but want to be broke with better skin.
>>
My young niece gave me a jar of Pinterest peppermint oil sugar scrub for xmas. Are these any good?
>>
>>9301135

I've found that most girls focus on faces because it's the first and most obvious thing that people see. I know some dudes go around saying you can judge a woman's age by her hands rather than her face, or sometimes even her neck, because most women put the cream on their faces but totally forget about everything else.

Alternatively, a lot of girls who are into self-care tend to go for manipedis about once a week. To someone like that, it probably hasn't occurred to them that having a manipedi every week is what keeps their hands and feet looking nicely groomed.
>>
>>9301654
Please don't put peppermint oil all over your face. That stuff is meant to be smelled, not slathered
>>
>>9301689
My mum says this - and to her credit, she has babby-smooth hands and décolletage at 57.

I don't bother with fancy body creams, but I am really diligent with sunscreen on my hands and chest/neck if they're exposed.
>>
>>9301689
I'm so ocd that anytime I see someone whose hands look too smooth I assume they must be filthy and must not wash their hands enough

I wash my hands a million times a day and have crusty grandma hands at 22. it sucks but at least I feel clean
>>
>>9301539
Equate is just Walmart's generic brand

It might be okay but it could also break you out. They use cheaper ingredients than the name brand cetaphil
>>
>>9301714

Nivea makes an in-shower skin conditioner that you can slather on and wash off, you might give that a go if putting lotion on after washing hands doesn't do it for you.

I put lotion on my hands but they've been pretty granma-looking ever since I managed to get raw soap on them some years back. So... grandma-looking hands don't always mean clean... sorry, anon.
>>
>>9301714
If you are washing your hands enough that your skin barrier is getting damaged then chances are they aren't that clean, you're creating an environment that's easier for bacteria to live in (like how eczema patients get colonised with different bacteria because of skin barrier compromise)
>>
>>9301714
Creating an alkaline environment on your hands by overusing soap just helps the potentially harmful bacteria multiply faster :^)
>>
>>9301714
My handwashing OCD ritual quickly developed into a handwashing and moisturizing ritual. So I got clean and smooth hands baby.
>>
>>9301689
>tfw born with grandma hands
>>
File: GGMOrCr[1].png (1B, 486x500px)
GGMOrCr[1].png
1B, 486x500px
Is pic related a good starter routine, and how long do you think it would last before needing to be restocked? I inherited my mother's skin unfortunately, and she has both eczema and bad acne (or had bad acne, rather). My dry skin isn't as bad as hers, but both parents have chronic dry skin, so my face gets both very dry and has acne outbreaks.
>>
>>9301701
Yeah I'll probably just make cookies with it
>>
>>9302025
Cosmetic grade oils are not always the same as food grade oils so double check and make sure you won't be making yourself sick
>>
>>9301714
I've given myself chemical burns thanks to the soap/santiser combo I used. Fortunately I've found a brand of soap that doesn't leave my hands looking terrible, unfortunately if I switch to any others for even a small period my skin starts peeling off. People still tell me my OCD isn't THAT bad because all I do is wash my hands a lot
>>
gf and i are looking for cute matching mirror compacts, anyone got some ideas?
>>
>>9293098
Does anyone else feel their lips are dried out by Burt's Bees product?
>>
>>9302280
Yep. Stopped using them ages ago. I like EOS lip balms.
>>
>>9293098
Is Asian vs Western based on how you want to look or what genes you have?
>>
>>9302322
Just where the routine originated from. Anyone can use either. Using the Asian routine will not turn you asian.
>>
>>9302268
There were a few in an Aliexpress thread a while back, maybe try there
>>
>>9301714
>>9301796
>tfw have lizard hands
>BF has the lovely, smooth hands
How do I fix this? I feel like a goober for saying this but I really don't like how lotion feels on my hands. Some anons have suggested putting lotion on after a shower and wearing gloves but I just can't stand that feeling. Thick hand creams don't bother me as much but I haven't found any that actually keep my hands smooth. When I went to Lush recently I tried their Sea Salt hand/body scrub and a moisturizer and while my hands felt smooth at the time, they got rough again by the end of the day.
>>
>>9302322
The occasional advantage of asian brands is price point for certain products. Otherwise there's not really a fundamental difference between the two, other than which fad ingredients are being peddled.
>>
Can anyone recommend a good physical facial sunscreen? I'm horribly allergic to chemical sunscreens. I desperately want to protect my skin from the sun's harmful rays.
>>
Recommended routine for mild acne?
>>
>>9301809
I don't think you need to double cleanse with dry skin unless you're wearing makeup. I think the Benton cream won't be occlusive enough for dry skin; maybe look for something thicker. Does sorbolene make you break out? If not, I would consider using it - it can be a bit comedogenic though due to the ingredients.
>>
Are there any skin care brands you guys really like and recommend (either Western or Eastern)
>>
>>9302464
I put lotion on my hands only before bed. I also dislike the feeling of lotion on my hands, but I moisturize before sleep mainly because I wash my hands very frequently throughout the day and during waking hours.
>>
>>9302746
That sounds manageable. Do you have any lotions you'd recommend? Nothing I've tried has really worked for me.
>>
>>9302785
Whatever is heavy and cheap. I also prefer lotions that include petrolatum for my hands and that exclude oils (e.g., mineral) and vegetable fats because of the way it feels/rubs onto my bed sheets.

However, Eucerin makes very good products if you'd also like to moisturize during the daytime. The Intensive/Advanced Repair hand creme feels light and "dry"/nonexistent because of starch; it is also a great makeup primer if you use it on your face (not everyday though because it exfoliates very well, i.e., flakes everywhere). But again, I primarily use whatever is heavy and cheap not only on my hands but also on my body.
>>
My scalp has been super dry for a good while now, I tried Nizoral but it either did nothing or it made it worse. Do you guys have any recommendations?
>>
>>9302808
Neat! I just got some thick creams for Christmas so I'll see of those work. Thanks!
>>
Also how do you guys feel about tonics and at what stage do you use them?
>>
>>9302671
I don't know about physical sunscreenstrength but my boyfriend is allergic to literally every sunscreen out there (even the sensitive skin ones) EXCEPT Banana Boat Kids. Maybe you guys are allergic to the same thing, so try that?
>>
>>9299260
It depends, for me I have acne scars that are red spots. I started using creams specifically targeted to calm skin and reduce redness and I've noticed they've started to fade. For me it's about exfoliating everyday with a good cleanser targeted towards redness and acne. I use boscia products and I swear by them.
>>
>>9302678
Gotcha. I don't know if I break out from sorbolene; the only time I've had a reaction to a hygenic product was using Irish Spring shower gel; my entire body was covered in hives for days.
>>
>St Ives getting sued because their apricot scrub has shredded too many faces
It's finally happening!

https://consumerist.com/2016/12/29/st-ives-apricot-scrub-lawsuit-exposes-raging-controversy-over-product/
>>
>>9302025
Nah, use abrasive scrubs on your feet. Then slather them in a thick cream, and cover them in thick socks overnight. You can also try using some on your body, but anything DIY and involves peppermint oil is probably going to be really risky.
>>
>>9300534
ive had my clarisonic for three years and i use it everyday; it works just as well as when i first bought it. just make sure to switch out the pads. its a great investment.
>>
>>9302280
Yea, I use Beessential as my lip balm instead and I get super chapped lips easily
>>
File: 1479911466525.png (1B, 486x500px)
1479911466525.png
1B, 486x500px
>keratosis pilaris
>>
>>9302671
Some ideas for you:
>Innisfree The minimum sun cream SPF25 PA++
>Etude House Sunprise Mild Airy Finish SPF50+/PA+++
>Missha All Around Safe Block Mild Sun SPF30/PA++ -

A really good resource for sunscreen is ratzillacosme.com and you can filter through chemical and physical
>>
Is the Biore Sarasara UV Aqua Rich Watery Essence Sunscreen SPF50+ PA+++ a physical or chemical sunscreen?
>>
>>9304074
Chemical
>>
>>9304059
Yeah someone PLEASE help! I have it all over my legs and upper arms. What am I supposed to do?
>>
>cetaphil only removes some makeup
Am I meant to be using more than one cleanser? All your charts seem to note 2+ cleansers
>>
Anyone have a recommendation for a good anti aging eye cream that also helps with eye bags/puffiness? My biggest skincare concern is my under eye area. Not only do I have ghastly undereye circles, but really prominent tear troughs/under eye sockets. So much so that concealer doesn't help
>>
>>9304074
Chemical, and that is my favorite shit of all time. I'd buy it by the gallon if I could
>>
>>9304101
every night, you should shave (even if theres no hair, it will slough off dead skin), chemically exfoliate, and GENTLY pumice all your rougher skin zones in the shower. slather any coconut based body butter everywhere while you're damp, and wear something like tights/leggings/too small shirts to seal it onto you all night. there wont be a single bit of dead skin after 2 weeks. you will feel like a newborn baby, but about 4 days after you stop, the dead layer will build right back on :(
>>
>>9304191
Two cleansers are recommended to ensure you have removed ALL of your makeup, in two different ways, though I have heard that some are just so good you only need one. It's best to use an oil cleanser first as that bonds with your makeup and should emulsify it off, and then the second gets any remnants - most recommend a foaming cleanser but there are plenty of other types if you find foaming too drying like myself. I currently use Skinfood Black Sugar Oil Cleanser and then Cerave Hydrating, they do a great job for my combo/desert in the winter face. I also really like cream cleansers, haven't tried milk cleansers yet.
>>
>>9304191
I use Etude House's Real Art Oil Cleanser and it removes all makeup in a second. I don't even need a cotton pad. I have a second cleanser just in case but most of the time it doesn't really do anything since the first one works so well.

My question: are sunscreen sticks as effective as cream sunscreen? Every cream one I've tried has been either greasy or expensive and I found a stick that does leave a film on my skin but it doesn't look greasy at all. How effective are ss sprays, for that matter?
I just really fucking hate applying cream sunscreen, patting does nothing and I'm told rubbing is no good because you're applying it unevenly. With sticks I don't need to rub at all but I'm 100% sure there's a catch.
>>
>>9300534
I got rid of my Clairsonic for the Foreo actually. For me, I noticed that dirt or residue from things like clay masks would end up under the bristle attachment and be frustrating if not impossible to fully clean, and I hated buying new attachments after awhile. I also found it a bit bulky for travel. I also felt like the clairsonic made too much foam of my product compared to my foreo.

I genuinely like my Foreo more but it does take some getting used to- the first few uses didn't feel like they were getting my skin as clean but now I've gotten the hang of it and I really enjoy it. It might not be good for people who have more acute acne in narrow places like around the nostril area, but for cheeks/chin/sides of nose it works fine!

The cheapest alternative would honestly be the nonelectric silicone facial brushes you can buy at Daiso. If you like how those feel, you might like the Foreo.
>>
File: CzTQwgRUUAIYHnu.jpg (1B, 486x500px)
CzTQwgRUUAIYHnu.jpg
1B, 486x500px
Can you guys recommend any whitening/brightening products that actually work?

I've noticed a lot of spots on my cheeks recently.
>>
>>9304072
Thank you, anon. The website you recommended is great. I think I'm going to try the Etude House sunscreen you suggested. I'm really hoping I don't have any adverse reactions to it, as the high SPF is exactly what I was looking for.
>>
>>9304348
people seem to have mixed opinions about kojie-san soap but i've been having a nice experience with it. lightened up the look of some scars and unevenness. it only works over a long period of time though, so it's not good for you if you want instant results

i did notice a mild brightening effect even within my first few weeks of using it, but results seem to vary
>>
>>9304193
Tbh, strive to drink 3-5 liters of water per day and to sleep restfully each night. It's also important to intake healthy food and fresh air.

Signs of aging and unrest benefit the most from these behavioral modifications although it's the most boring answer. Otherwise, use a cold / warm compress and whatever facial moisturizer for the eyes; products for the eyes, i.e., marketed, generally do not offer any further tangible benefits than facial moisturizer.

>>9304059
>>9304101
I had it on my triceps. Although neither did it bother me nor did I actively seek a remedy, I noticed that scrubbing [the entire body] well in the shower and using [whatever] lotion [for the entire body] perhaps made it disappear. The latter probably helped even more so since I didn't care to use body lotion until ~adulthood. I don't shave my arms [generally because I'm a guy].

>>9304306
Any sunscreen generally should be effective with ample and even application. Traditional sunscreen lotion/cream is generally the most practical formulation because it's generally easier to apply since you can easily visualize a requisite amount [in your hand and once spread on your face]. A stick generally applies a lesser amount of sunscreen to the face with one application and may also smear whatever other products that might've already been applied to the face. Sprays generally apply a lesser amount of sunscreen to the face with one application, too, and perhaps not as evenly with improper use; it's more efficient to spray the hands and manually apply sunscreen to the face.

>>9304348
Pick and use *~consistently~* any products that exfoliate, whiten/brighten, and don't personally aggravate acne.

Although there are many products that include any number of active ingredients that have been clinically shown to "whitenin/brighten" the skin, e.g., vitamin C, arbutin, azelaic acid, kojic acid, etc., it's important that the end user use these products (for repeated emphasis) *~consistently~*. Patience!
>>
I'm not sure if this is the place to ask, but I'm looking for deodorant recommendations. I'm going to be starting some dance lessons soon, but the stuff I have right now isn't strong enough for it. I'm a little wary because the last ones I used stained my shirts something fierce, or just plain didn't work at all. I'm not looking for anti-antiperspirants, and preferably without aluminum.
>>
I'm going to be studying abroad in Seoul next year and wanted some Korean sunscreen recommendations for oily skin? I mean I could always just import everyone's favorite Biore sunscreen but I wanna check out what's available there
>>
>>9304635
I think you may be able to get Biore in Olive Young but I may be wrong. Asked a friend with oily skin and she said A'pieu's Pure Block Sun Gel is good.
>>
>>9299666
Only one of these I've used is the Secret Key Starting Treatment Eye Cream, which is fine. Very moisturising, not too sticky or thick, and you get loads for the price.
>>
>>9304613
Expensive, but try Perspirex. You apply it the night before and wash it off with soap and water in the morning, so there's no staining, and it continues working for about three days.
>>
>>9304981
I didn't want an antiperspirant, but I'm intrigued by this, so I might try it anyways. Thanks!
>>
Is masksheets a trusted website to buy korean skincare from?
>>
File: IMG_3551.jpg (1B, 486x500px)
IMG_3551.jpg
1B, 486x500px
Ahhh so I used this stuff after a recommendation, since a lot of gulls here seem to like aloe Vera stuff but I had a horrible reaction to it! Does anyone recommend something... gentler? Skin problems include acne and dryness and an oily t-zone. I've tried the Cerave and cetaphil moisturizers and they're alright, just wondering what else is out there for me that won't burn my face off lol, face pic following
>>
File: IMG_3550.jpg (1B, 486x500px)
IMG_3550.jpg
1B, 486x500px
>>9305881
And here is my burnt mug
>>
Anyone with slightly darker/olive tone skin have experience using the TonyMoly Panda Brighening cream. Was considering getting it for my dark circles, but unsure if it'll make me look TOO pasty. From reviews I've read it definitely has a whitening effect.

Pic is my eye to show skin tone.
>>
>>9305881
youd have to compare the ingredients to make sure it's not the same, but drug stores or health food stores usually have bottles of clear aloe vera gel with no alcohol...idk if tha'ts the same thing you got but that's waht i have. it burns my face for about 2 min after putting it on but overall keeps me relatively moisturized. I also like alba's aloe and green tea cream moisturizer.
>>
>>9305881
Aloe is not great for dry skin. I really like SteamCream but not sure whether you might react to some of the oils in it
>>
>>9306054
What really? This is honestly blowing my mind right now, I always remember loving how aloe felt on my skin as a kid but I was a lot oilier back then I guess
I'll look into the recommendation though thankyou :)
>>
>>9305881
That sucks. Cerave is a really great moisturizer, though. It's honestly pretty much the best for your skin type (the moisturizing lotion especially, the creams are a bit heavy).
>>
Does anyone know of a good rose water and witch hazel toner besides Thayers? I like Thayers okay and I've been using it for a while, but honestly reading the ingredients it looks like it's just mostly water with aloe vera gel, some glycerine, rose fragrance, and then the witch hazel and rose water. I'm looking for something that's rose water base with a good dose of witch hazel, some aloe and glycerin, preservative and pretty much nothing else (no oils, no essential oils, etc.).
>>
Is there a big difference between Biore Watery Essence and Perfect Milk? I've used Watery Essence and thought it was fine. But I was thinking about trying the Milk one since I heard it's better for oil control (I have dry/combo skin).

But does milk pill? I hated using Western sunscreens since they'd always pill even though all I did was wash my face and put on moisturizer.
>>
>>9306672
Milk is for the "outdoors," i.e., sun, sweat, oily skin. Watery Essence is for everyday use, i.e., incidental sun exposure (*there are better choices for oily skin).

Pill???
>>
>>9306678
By pill, I meant pilling/balling up of the sunscreen material on the face which leaves me look like I have small white specks around my face.

And thanks, I'll stick with watery essence then since I wanted something for everyday use. But would you have any better sunscreen recommendations for oily skin?
>>
>>9306679
re: pilling - Perhaps you are rubbing sunscreen into/onto your skin, and thus it's "pilling" with dead skin and/or with whatever products that are perhaps already on your face and that contain emulsifying agents (e.g., moisturizer). It is best practice to pat sunscreen onto the face.

re: oily skin - In general, sunscreens that include a higher percentage of physical filters (i.e., inorganic particulates, i.e., zinc oxide, titanium oxide) work well for oily skin. In general, sunscreens that are more reliant on chemical filters, e.g., the thinner/watery sunscreens, slide off oily skin... ≤ Micronized physical filters are formulated to generally give less whitecast if that concern is a nuisance. However, the Perfect Milk is still lightweight enough as an "everyday" sunscreen even though the Water Essence is marketed more as the "everyday" option.
>>
>>9305881
I use Fruit Of The Earth's aloe vera gel, it's 100% aloe and clear. Make sure what you're using has no alcohol in it like another anon said, but you might have to use two different things since you have oily T-zone and dry everywhere else. Aloe isn't supposed to burn. If you've used another product before and experienced burning, compare ingredients and try to zero in on what's irritating your skin.
>>
>>9306693
>It is best practice to pat sunscreen onto the face
But that makes it incredibly thick and goopy/greasy and it never dries evenly
>>
Favorite spot treatments for acne? I'm looking into the Cosrx Returning A-Sol but I'm not sure where to put it in the routine. Any other product recs would be nice too.
>>
Please help me EGL Beauty Gurus!
I'd really like to learn how to take care of my skin properly and up my face game. Any tips, comments, revisions, additions, removals, of my current routine would be so appreciated. I'm quite the novice so I'm not sure if these products are very good or even redundant, or If I'm using them in the wrong order. So anything helps! Thank you in advance! I've included links at the bottom for further reference.

1. Venus Lab Hot Cleanse Jelly
2. Clarins Gentle Foaming Cleanser with Cottonseed for Unisex, Normal to Combination Skin
3. Clarins Toning Lotion Normal to Dry Skin
4. Radha Beauty Vitamin C Serum for Face, 2 fl. oz - 20% organic Vit C + E + Hyaluronic Acid
5. Clarins Double Serum Hydric+lipidic System Complete Age Control Concentrate
6. Smim Radiating Moisturizing Emulsion
7. Clarins Multi-Active Day Early Wrinkle Correction Comfort Cream

4. https://smile.amazon.com/dp/B00VNXQE94/ref=sr_ph_1_a_it?ie=UTF8&qid=1483429567&sr=sr-1&keywords=vitamin+c+serum
5. https://smile.amazon.com/Clarins-Complete-Concentrate-Shipping-Worlwide/dp/B00H96UNIW/ref=sr_1_4_s_it?s=beauty&ie=UTF8&qid=1483429514&sr=1-4&keywords=clarins+double+serum
6. http://www.thefaceshop.my/sdetail/1/3196061363
7. https://smile.amazon.com/Clarins-Multi-Active-Wrinkle-Correction-1-7ounce/dp/B002GN7VWO/ref=sr_1_12?ie=UTF8&qid=1483429459&sr=8-12&keywords=clarins+cream
>>
>>9307114
≤ 1/2 tsp of sunscreen is generally sufficient; it's pat onto the face like one is using a makeup sponge or puff. Patting should apply sunscreen more evenly, less irritatingly, and as a thin film compared to rubbing it into the skin.

In my experience, Biore Watery Essence is lightweight enough to avoid such concerns. If you'd like to continue, then perhaps rub sunscreen, however, onto your body where the skin is generally less delicate than the face.

>>9307120
Benzoyl peroxide (1-5%) is generally effective for pimples although it's the most boring answer. Closed comedones perhaps benefit from behavioral modifications or a physician's expertise. Re: application, the OP infographic is perhaps a sufficient reference.
>>
>>9307120
Clay masks with ACV and Aztec Secret Healing Clay.

When the blemishes come to a head, slap on a hydrocolloid bandage and watch the goo get sucked out overnight. (I help expedite the process by gently "releasing" the whitehead before putting on the bandage. Also because I can't kick being a dirty popper scum.)

https://www.amazon.com/Nexcare-Absorbing-Cover-Sizes-Count/dp/B00BRGUNV2
>>
>>9306655
Have you considered just mixing up your own formula? You can easily buy all of the base ingredients and put it in a spray bottle. Probably would be cheaper in the long run as well. I'd just be sure to make it in a smaller bottle so you can use it up within a month or so, as the combination might not have long-term stability without a preservative.
>>
>>9307333
Biore just isn't strong enough for warmer days when you spend a lot of time outdoors. For any other sunscreen you're gonna look like a shiny white greaseball with that amount patted in
>>
>>9305881
Personally, look for items that will restore your moisture barrier so something with ceramides. You didn't like cerave but if you're into Asian products, I would look into Rosette Ceramide Gel or Kikumasamune
>>
So I started using CeraVe baby moisturizer.
I swear this stuff makes my skin DRYER than if I used nothing at all.
It has hyalaurnoinic acid (hope I'm spelling it right). Apparently it absorbs moisture but one big downside is that it can absorb moisture from your skin, and make it pretty dry.

It just feels like I'm putting goop on my face and it's making my skin worse.

What moisturizer should I use instead, or what can I do to make the acid work properly? I've resorted to using coconut oil on my face recently because I just feel so dry without it. It's not making me break out but I think it's giving me comedones. I hope I didn't permanently fuck anything up.
>>
>>9307395

Yes, I've considered that. The only problem is that I would DEFINITELY want to add preservatives but I am afraid of messing it up somehow and fucking up my skin.

Also not sure if I want to use witch hazel extract or witch hazel hydrosol/distillate. If extract is better, also afraid of messing that ratio up.
>>
>>9306655
I use Belief's and I really like it it's on Sephora's website
>>
>>9304613
Try Old Spice's deodorant. Wolfthorn smells really good
>>
>>9307704
Try one of the snail based creams, or something a bit thicker like a sleeping pack. I like the Mizon black snail cream and tonymoly appletox honey cream. Hyaluronic acid just sucks moisture from wherever it can so if you live in a dry environment, chances are that'll be your skin. It is good layered with another moisturiser though.
>>
Want to detox my skin, what do?
>>
Sorry, I'm very new to all of this, and I'm very ignorant.
Does anyone have a skin lightening cream they would recommend?
I'm looking at Korean cosmetics, and the Snow White Milky Pack looks pretty impressive.
>>
>>9308684
Never mind, after seeing reviews, it isn't whitening your skin, it's just the lotion itself that's white, it washed off.
I have no ideas now.
I mean to say, I think, whitening without bleach.
>>
>>9308790
Avoid the sun, look into skincare that contains tranexamic acid. It's popular in Japanese brands, googling "tranexamic acid skincare" should bring up some results
>>
File: 41jjldtoy4L.jpg (1B, 486x500px)
41jjldtoy4L.jpg
1B, 486x500px
Are snail masks supposed to leave your skin sticky? I just used pic related and the remaining serum was pretty viscous so I thought it'd just be extra moisturizing but one hour later and my fave is sticky and my pores are huge.
>>
>>9308684

First, you want to suppress melanin production in your skin. There are several methods for this and ideally you want a routine that covers every method. There's something like six methods, but the basics are increasing skin turnover, inhibiting tyrosinase and postmelanin synthesis melanasome transfer, and vitamin C. I recommend nicinamide and licorice root extract especially, but there are other good ingredients worth looking into.

Beyond that- avoid the sun as previous anon said, and if you can't, WEAR SUNSCREEN. Going to be outside at any point of the day and year when the sun is up? Raining? SUNSCREEN. Going to be indoors near a window? SUNSCREEN. Basically if you can see the sun, it can see you and you need sunscreen with SPF 30 or (ideally) 50+ and PA++++. Watch out that you don't get a sunscreen that's not photostable or chemically stable (such as avobenzone + octinoxate with no stabilizers) and reapply every two to four hours it if you're out in the sun or sweating or getting wet. Be sure you're wearing enough (general guideline is 1/4 tsp on your face alone) and gently patting it in for an even coverage instead of roughly rubbing it in.

Exfoliation and moisturization/hydration helps too- exfoliating reveals newer, lighter skin. I prefer chemical exfoliation with a hydroxy acid. Personally I prefer mandelic acid but other AHAs are popular too. Moisturization/hydration plumps up the skin, adds glow, keeps water in, and generally keeps your skin looking bright.

Unfortunately skin lightening is an involved process that takes a lot of time to see results and has to be maintained. It's so much easier to tan than it is to lighten.

As far as personal product recommendations- skin care is very YMMV so you're gonna need to find what works for you, but... Holy Snails Shark Sauce, vitamin c serum, Innisfree White Tone Up line, Cosrx galactomyces whitening power essence, Hada Labo Shirojyun Lotion. You can also check out the Asian Beauty subreddit.
>>
>>9308524
Eat clean and your skin will likely take care of itself in kind
>>
>>9308799
>>9308901
Thank you so much!
Does this routine look right?
>>
Mostly beginner here.
Did I do good?
>>
>>9308684
Assuming you live in America like I do, you're likely out of luck for finding those sorts of products in brick and mortar store because people get pissy about it. Tranexamic acid has been clinically proven to lighten dark spots therefore it should also help lighten your skin. Kojic acid is also another lightening ingredient you can look into, I use a kojic acid soap and exfoliate when I apply it to my skin and I find it's really helped discoloration left by acne.
>>
This might be a bit of a stretch to call skincare, but I'm going to try anyways
I have spider veins and have since I was a little girl. They were cute back then, but now they're annoying and make my face look like it's irritated breaking out when it's not. I mean I could always cover them with makeup but I like going bare faced especially now that I'm taking better care of my skin and it looks the best it ever has.
Is laser treatment/surgery the only way to get rid of them? Is it worth it?
I feel like topical treatments wouldn't do much as they're underneath my skin...
If anyone here has had spider vein removal, I'd like to hear your stories
>>
>>9309917
can you recommend anything for dark elbows and armpits?
I don't really mind using the heavy duty stuff as long as it's not on my face. I just need something that works that doesn't take half a year to show marginal results.
>>
>>9309920
Not that I'm experienced with things like covering things under skin, but have you ever maybe considered maybe they're showing so much because your skin itself is very translucent, badly circulated, or lacking in something and there for enhancing their appearance?
I'm no expert, but out of curiosity I read some things on topics of hiding veins/ improving their appearance so I've read many differing things about eating a better balanced diet, finding out if your lacking vitamins and fixing that, and something to do with massaging in order to improve circulation, all helping veins appearances. Maybe do some research about these types of topics just to have some things to try before going all out on laser therapy or something. Come back and share if anything helped, I've got veins on my arms I wouldn't mind hiding better
>>
>>9309920
www.womenshealthmag.com/health/spider-veins-0%3Famp?client=safari

If you ARE interested in going the route of treating them medically, the bottom of this article talks about 2 ways they can do it. (Its about leg spider veins, but I'm sure it wouldn't be much different if their on your legs or face)
>>
>>9309993
Bit odd, but I've heard potatoes can lighten dark underarms
>>
>>9304613
>tfw recently started to react allergic to deodorants with more "weight", aka the ones that leave white stains

My armpits get so sore and itchy from them, it's ridiculous. My go-to deodorant is in a kind-of in between state where I don't always get itchy, but sometimes I do, and I'm never sure if it's worth taking the risk.
>>
Maybe I should ask in the makeup thread instead, but I was wondering if any gulls had experience with eyebrow/eyelash growth serums?
Even long before I started doing anything to them, my natural brows have been sparse.
My natural eyelashes are pretty nice but I have a better paying job now and would love to grow them a bit longer
>>
>>9309480

I'm not crazy about that sunscreen personally- the second ingredient is alcohol and it combines octinoxate and avobenzone, but it does have octocrylene to help stabilize it so there's that. I'm more a fan of Japanese sunscreens than Korean ones, personally.

Other than that, if your skin can handle all of that stuff, looks okay. Do you have a similar routine in place? If not and you're getting all of this stuff at once, it's very likely your skin will FREAK OUT if you introduce all of that at the same time.
>>
Are there any good places to see reviews for products?
>>
File: IMG_0455.jpg (1B, 486x500px)
IMG_0455.jpg
1B, 486x500px
Anyone ever use a derma roller?
>>
>>9293098
Have any of you ever tried sheet masks for boobs? Would you recommend them or are they a useless novelty? I'd really like to moisturize the skin in my boob zone.
>>
>>9310432
I haven't used them myself but have had several members of my extended family use them. For the licensed one that has the same stuff as glaucoma medicine, you have to be careful with them as they can decrease the amount of fat around your eyes and make you look older and give you more wrinkles. They don't make more hairs grow but stop the ones you have falling out, so you can get kinda spidery looking lashes/brows if yours are fairly sparse.

>>9309920
Yes, laser/sclero is the only way. It's worth it if they bother you that much and are prepared to accept that they may well come back.
>>
Personal recommendations for under-eye dark circles?
>>
>>9310439
Thanks for the sunscreen tip!

I actually don't use any kind of skincare stuff right now at all, if I'm being honest
What order do you think I should start using these in, and for how long before I add the next item to my routine?
>>
I have beauty spot on my face.
It's indeed ugly as fuck and I was thinking about starting to put sunscreen on my skin.
Do you think people will notice?
Also any recommendation for discret product (Im a guy so I would better like if people would not notice.)
>>
>>9312109

Yeah, then definitely do not start all that at once.

What I would start out with is cleansers, toner, moisturizer, and sunscreen. Figure out which ones your skin likes. I would wait 2 weeks before introducing a new product and start out using it once a day or once every other day for a little while. After the basics up there, I would add an essence or serum, then a treatment, then a lotion or more treatments, and go from there.
>>
I want to try the Snail Bee Essence since I've heard rave reviews... but I have no idea if I'm allergic to bees or not. Stupid question, but does that make a difference?
>>
>>9304613
The old fashion men's speed stick. It comes in a turquoise sort of colored holder. I always pick it up at the Dollar Tree. It doesn't contain aluminum, and I've never had issues with staining. Otherwise, I know many of my friends enjoyed the Secret clear gel deodorant, but it contains aluminum if I remember.
>>
>>9312171

If you're allergic to bee stings, you're almost certainly allergic to bee venom. However, there is a very small amount of bee venom in the essence. If you really want to try it, buy a sample and patch test it on the inside of your elbow or something.
>>
>>9312180
I've only been stung once and I was given Benadryl immediately, so I'm not sure if I'm allergic or not. I'm hearing rave things though, so I'll probably purchase a sample and patch test as you recommended. Thank you!
>>
>>9312154
Thank you so much!
You've been so helpful, and with my bad English no less!
>>
>>9310499
I've used one on my face for acne scars and they went away. They were the discolored brown/pink scars that are not raised, but flat on the skin.
I dermarolled as well as used vitamin c and went on birth control to stop hormonal acne

I have 0 scars on my face 3 years later.
>>
>>9293098
So is this a nighttime routine or morning one? Or both?
>>
>>9312860
It's just the recommended order of almost any kind of product you can think of. There aren't that many people who actually go through a dozen+ steps morning or night
>>
>>9312860
Night going into day so you end your day with sleeping pack and when you leave the next day, put on some sunscreen.

If you want, you can cleanse your face in the morning with your second cleanser or a konjac sponge, moisturize and then add your sunscreen
>>
>>9302464
O'Keeffe's working hands absorbs super quickly and is really good for dry, chapped hands. Just don't use too much or it will feel greasy for a half hour or so, and it burns if you have active cracks or badly chapped hands.
>>
>>9316241
Interesting! I always thought it looked sort of gimmicky with its packaging. I'll have to try it out!
>>
I have tried several moisterizers and i keep going to aveeno baby and it clogs up my pores. It's the only one that doesn't break me out badly. Please help me, I tried cerave and the first time i had a bad reaction I've tried from skinfood and the face shop. Nothing works. I'm starting to lose hope.
>>
>>9316880
Same on being clog-prone and having gone through several moisturizers that didn't work out. What's worked out best for me so far is cetaphil lotion, the one without any shea butter or petrolatum. For whatever reason that's pretty much the only thing I've used that doesn't cause problems and is still moisturizing enough. Using a bha regularly also really helped to keep the clogs away.
>>
>>9316880
Mizon black snail all in one cream, maybe get testers if you react
>>
>>9316880
Why do you want to replace it of Aveeno baby works for you?
>>
>>9317104
Not that anon but
>clogs up my pores
>>
>>9316880
What you should do is look at the ingredients of all the ones that didn't work for you, put it in a spreadsheet and find something that is common so that the next one you research, you can look for something that doesn't have it
>>
>>9316983
I'm on aveeno baby again and started my double cleansing routine and i see a big difference in my black heads and pores. I think since before I never really cleaned my face, but now I do it ever night and day. I see that the problem wasn't aveeno baby it was my poor facial cleansing habits. Double cleansing really works well. If interested i use sweet almond oil by pure body naturals and also naive kracie foam cleanser. I'm sticking to aveeno baby.
>>
>>9304101
I used Stridex in the red box (a BHA) for awhile on the kp on my upper arms, it reduced it! I stopped out of laziness, but it hasn't come back even worse or anything. It's still there, but diminished from before. I should do that again...
>>
Anyone here ever tried retin-a? It seems to be very effective against acne and wrinkles, but I have a very dry skin, so I'm wondering if it's OK to use it. I have this nasolabial line wrinkle on one part of my face that is extremely dry, so I'm trying to figure what's the most effective to improve that skin area. Generally I'm also really doubting between if anti dryness or anti wrinkle cream would be more effective for day/night cream.
>>
>>9322723
I use another retinol product, and I thought I'd be fine since my skin wasn't too dry, but this stuff makes even my oily skin feel like a desert. Use very slowly and moisturize a LOT, especially since you're already starting off dry.
>>
File: cleanser.png (1B, 486x500px)
cleanser.png
1B, 486x500px
I got this product in a gift bundle and was wondering if anyone had any strong opinions on it.

I use FaceShop toner and moisturizer and have been on BC for a few months now, and that's definitely taken care of 95% of my problems. However I've also started at the gym recently so I feel like I should introduce a cleanser since I'm extra sweaty. Thanks!
>>
Is there something that I can use instead of bha/aha that won't cause purging?
I can't let my skin purge because myI boyfriend said if I got that much acne all at once, he'll leave me.
So I need something that can be used in place of bha/aha that won't cause purging.
I've read a lot of mixed reviews of vitamin c serum, is it true that vitamin c serum can be used the same way as bha without a purge happening?
>>
>>9323977
Dump him
>>
>>9322723
I have a prescription for it for acne and jts a miracle drug. Not sure about wrinkles, I'm 19 and I'm currently testing it on my under eye fine lines
>>
>>9323977

i normally don't say this but seriously, dump him. It's going to be acne no but who knows what other fucking weird restriction he wants in the future.
>>
Anyone have any cheap serum recommendations? Could use one for lightening/brightening or anti aging
>>
>>9323977
>myI boyfriend said if I got that much acne all at once, he'll leave me.

what the actual fuck? that's not okay at all, dump him now. what a huge fucking red flag
>>
>>9323977
I have this same question, but I don't have an abusive bf, what would you all reccomend to me?

Also you should dump your abusive bf.
>>
>>9323977
RUN anon, if he would dump you for something as trivial as the quality of your skin he is clearly a sociopath or NPD. Don't waste another hour of your life with him
>>
Hey seagulls.
Could anyone help me figure out how to use shopping services in Europe to order k beauty products/makeup? I'm not sure Amazon is the way to go if there's going to be an import tax slapped on ?

I just moved from the US and am so upset I can't order from Memebox so yeah looking for equivalents of that too if possible..
>>
>>9324239
Jolse is great, they mark down packages as well.
>>
>>9323977
Dump him.you deserve better
>>
Is DHC cleansing oil actually good or just a meme product? I currently am using Clinique's Take the Day off (oil form, not the balm or milk) but I feel like it's made more for dry skin and mine is oily.
>>
>>9323977
Do it anyway and get shed everything unnecessary in your life

The purging is basically necessary and it only last around 3-4 weeks
>>
>>9324239
Jolse, Testerkorea, RoseRoseShop are all good. I know some people get their stuff from ebay too but check reviews
>>
I have always had dark circles under my eyes, but they've been getting bigger and darker, and now they're starting to turn into bags.
Please help me, what eye cream can deflate bags and brighten up darkness?
>>
>>9325355
Cosrx has a honey ceramide eye cream that people seem to like
>>
>>9302722
First Aid Beauty
La Roche-Posay
Innisfree
Laneige

>>9302823
Sorry no real product recs but have you tried switching your shampoo? I had a bad experience once where my scalp started flaking after using a new shampoo but went back to normal as soon as I stopped using it.

>>9306672
I got both to try out and the Milk is very thin compared to typical western sunscreens but the consistency is comparable to the l'oreal sheer face lotion sun protection. The Milk feels slightly oilier compared to the Essence (which doesn't feel oily at all) but it's not uncomfortable. I wear it everyday over my multi-moisturizing steps and no pilling happens. I spread it out with my fingers and then lightly pat it in all over my face.

>>9308863
I haven't tried the one in your picture but I've tried a couple from different brands and it might be slightly sticky and creamy but it shouldn't be like gross sticky.
>>
My sister and I both bought the same AHA product and I know I'm easing myself in bc I have sensitive skin. I'm not exactly sure what her routine is with it but she has generally normal skin but she said that the product broke her out whereas I'm not showing any signs of purging if that it what should be happening. Is it just because I haven't used enough or...?
>>
>>9294638
I've been liking
Derma-E Overnight Peel with Alpha Hydroxy Acids - it's not super strong (it never made my face burn or anything) but I did over do it using it every night (I didn't realized it was more of a peel than a moisturizer at first; , backed off to every other night and it's perfect)

>>9295261
Cerave PM lotion has a decent amount of niacinamide according to some other skincare boards

>>9295297
>>9295314
use one at night, one during the day - vitamin c is supposed to help with UV protection. - you do need to adjust to it though, it's an acid.

>>9302464
no recommendation on not liking the feeling (sorry but I think the answer is just 'get over it') - but the cerave SA renewing lotion has helped me quite a bit. (I have pretty dry hands due to handwashing for work)

>>9302673
it depends on what you're already doing. If the answer is nothing then just start washing your face and following with a moisturizer every night.

>>9302722
Obvious from my previous posts - but I fucking love cerave. They mostly haven't let me down - and when they do they usually end up reformulating to make it better.
YMMV of course - I personally hate Cetaphil

>>9304059
>>9304101
dry brush, BHA lotion - religiously

>>9306655
I bought "Humphreys" because it looks like the old thayers bottle. I don't know whats in it though - I just liked the pictures (lol)

>>9307009
This is not 100% aloe. It is 100% gel - check the ingredients.
It is a decent product though. Just don't be misled.

>>9309920
never used it personally, but I did read some studies on horse chestnut that suggest it could be helpful for spider and varicose veins

>>9309993
exfoliation, basically - since you don't care about being gentle then just scrub and acid to your heart's content.

>>9312118
sunscreen isn't really visible - I mean, physical ones can be white from the zinc - but chemical isn't.
Are you confusing sunscreen and makeup?
>>
I'm not really sure what a toner is for, but it looks like I need it? I just introduce a Cerave moisturizer to my routine (formerly just used Cetaphil cleanser). My skin has definitely felt softer with the combo, maybe an oily patch on my cheek but I'm going to give it time to see if it's just my face adjusting.
So, looking for a simple toner, preferably something I can find at like a make up store or a grocery store in the US. I'm not entirely sure I need sunscreen, as I live in a pretty overcast area and spend almost all my time inside anyways.
>>
>>9327023
YMMV. Although personally, you should have introduced BHA since that's the one that gets gunk out of your pores.
>>
>>9325131
DHC Cleansing Oil is actually good, but there are other cleansing oils that are just as good.
>>
>>9327184
Buy a witch hazel toner off of Amazon. You can find them in drugstores too but Amazon has a better price for the product size.
>>
File: 1208876270353s.jpg (1B, 486x500px)
1208876270353s.jpg
1B, 486x500px
>>9323977
His next demand has to do with your weight. After that: The clothes you wear. Then: Who you're allowed to see. Who you're allowed to even talk to. Etc..
FFS, can't you see the warning flags, Anon? Have some respect for yourself.
>>
>>9327149
>exfoliation, basically - since you don't care about being gentle then just scrub and acid to your heart's content.
What kind of acid?
>>
>19 male
>Don't know how to skin
>[spoiler]Popped pimples[/spoiler] on my face a lot when I was younger like a fucking idiot
>Want to be cute and pretty and take better care of my skin but I'm just starting now

Is there still hope for me?
>>
Guys, I just started using some stuff from Deciem's The Ordinary line 2 weeks ago, and I'm so stoked!
I know I should have trialed/patch tested, but i dont have the patience, so I started using 3 products within the same week. And damn, my skin looks and feels SO much better!

I picked up their niacinamide, vit c, and retinol serums. Over these two weeks, I've seen more progress in redness, white head and cystic pimple improvement than I had for a year of using C20+CosRX BHA+ Benton Snail essence.

I am really fucking happy with these products.

psa: dont use niacinamide and acids/ vit c together
>>
>>9328578
19 is still pretty young. Depending on how severe your scaring is starting a skincare routine should be able to fix it. There are a lot of products for lightening dark spots.
>>
File: Djz3dE1f[1].jpg (1B, 486x500px)
Djz3dE1f[1].jpg
1B, 486x500px
>>9325355
Seconded here, I don't have bags yet but several dark rings around my eyes. My boyfriend takes pictures of me and I feel ashamed because I look so tired and sick. It doesn't matter how much sleep I get either, even when I'm getting 7~8 hours a night they don't fully go away.

I'm planning to try Shiseido's White Lucent Anti-Dark Circles Eye Cream personally, it's expensive but one of the only heavy-duty eye creams I saw advertised to do anything with dark circles. I'll keep you posted anon
>>
>Hate having a mustache
>Try to always shave it off as much as I can
>Even when it looks like I got all of the hair there's still a dark spot on my upper lip so it looks like I have one anyway

I'm not sure if this goes here, but how do I fix it?
>>
>>9328593
>>9328593
Wait what? I use CeraVe foaming cleanser which contains niacinamide and Paula's Choice BHA. I've never seen anyone warn against using acids and nicianamide at the same time, but I'm still new to Asian skincare. (Btw I'm going to check out Deciem now)
>>
Help me, my blackheads are really stubborn. I use Cosrx blackhead liquid daily, along with the whitehead liquid, exfoliate with a physical exfoliant twice a week, and have tried 50 Shades of Snail's method with no luck. How do I banish my blackheads?
>>
>>9322725
>>9324000
Late answer, but thanks for the info anons! I think I want to give it a try then, but with caution. I'm turning 27 next month, so I think it would be good to defeat that wrinkle before it gets worse.
>>
>>9329873
basically, highly acidic environments turn niacinamide into nicotinic acid, which commonly causes skin redness/flushing. its not dangerous per se, but the obvious course of action is to avoid skin irritation when possible, so using the products at different times of day is recommended.
>>
>>9329873
But to add, any 'beneficial' ingredient in a cleanser is not on your skin long enough to take effect anyway. Any niacinamide in the cleanser is gonna get washed right off, so nothing will happen if you use acids after
>>
>>9328554
BHA and AHA
>>
Does anyone here take a vitamin (specifically E) supplement for their skin? I've seen some ads about them and my coworker recently got prescribed vitamin E by her dermatologist. I'm wondering if this is something I should pick up and try or is it just a meme?
>>
File: O6510-046.jpg (1B, 486x500px)
O6510-046.jpg
1B, 486x500px
Kinda different than the usual but I am curious what some "adult actresses" are doing to their nips and genitals to make them dayglo pink 'cuz ain't no way that is natty at that level.
>>
What's the difference between first essence and essence?
Google is not helping me
>>
I've been using Hada Labo shirojyun milk and sleep pack for a couple months now, and they've been working great, but now I've read that arbutin causes intestinal cancer.
Is that true?
Is that only in cases of like eating it?
Please tell me I haven't been rubbing future intestinal cancer into my face for two months
>>
>>9331670
They use unsafe chemicals or makeup. You shouldn't put either near your nipples or vulva. Dark nipples and vulva are normal after puberty
>>
>>9331752
One of the main features of a first essence, and what usually differentiates itself from a regular essence that comes after using a toner, is that it usually is fermented and contains an active yeast ferment ingredient.
>>
My skin has been tight, whitehead-riddled and painful for the past few days, and I think it's a reaction to doing a My Scheming L-Ascorbic Acid Sheet Mask. Thing is, normally the mask makes my face feel and look amazing. Have I got fakes? They smell, look and feel the same and there's a hologram sticker on the packet. Has my skin chemistry changed? What's happening?
>>
>>9324019
For anti-aging, vitamin c, niacinamide, and maybe copper peptides are easy to find at lower price points. The Ordinary has like 4 different vitamin c serums at low prices.
>>
>>9327184
Toners aren't really necessary, especially if your cleanser is already ph balanced, like the cetaphil one you're using. Most toners are now just there as a light hydrating step and making doubly sure that any residue is off your face.

Sunscreen is good as a preventative measure no matter where you live, but if it's not worth the hassle of putting it on for what sun you get, it's whatever. UV rays are no joke though.
>>
I have two big long cut scars on my leg, (not from self harm, it's a long story), is there anything I can use to fade them?
It happened in mid December, so they're about a month and a half old.
I've been putting mederma pm on them every night for almost a month, but it doesn't seem to have helped at all.
>>
>>9332759
No
That's hydroquinone, and even then it's not proven
>>
>>9327184
>>9335690

There are 2 type of toners. You have the pH balancing one that is meant for using before actives of your cleanser is too high. The second is the hydrating toner, also known as a Japanese Lotion, meant as a lighter layer of hydration.
>>
>>9334702
Plenty of things. Has the formulation changed since the last time you've used it or your skin could have changed since then too

It is normal for that too happen, to answer your main question.
>>
I feel like I have really oily soles on both my hands and feet. Is there anything I can do about it? I feel like I leave a lot more oil on things than general. I don't think I wash my hands too frequently, and I don't ever specifically wash my soles.
>>
So I've been getting a rash on my neck that makes it itchy, but ONLY on my neck. Lotion helps keep it at bay a bit, but it's practically unbearable and I can't figure out why it's happening. Have any of you gulls had anything similar?
>>
I just went to the dermatologist and I'm so freaking excited to get my skin figured out. I got a topical antibiotic, tretinoin, and benzoyl peroxide to try and I'm absolutely ready to have the redness on my face gone!
>>
I know that it's basically the whole point, but is it really okay to wear so many products on your skin at once if you're doing an Asian routine? I've never had good skin so I've been cautious about loading it up with too much stuff, it feels like using multiple serums and moisturizers will come back to bite me eventually.
>>
>>9338059
It's all YMMV. Some people do better with multiple products and some people don't. You run that issue when you rush all the steps without giving your skin time to readjust
>>
>>9337405
Are you wearing any jewelry when this happens? Collared shirts? I sometimes get rashes from shirts that rub. Often I am absentmindedly messing with them all day and only notice when I look in the mirror that my neck is red and splotchy.
>>
Any anons ever tried gua sha? After watching a video on youtube I'm tempted to get a stone and try it. Just wondering if it actually works?
>>
I'm 3 years into my IUD placement and the acne is coming back... omg no please let me go back to being periodless, I was having such a nice life without them.
>>
>That moment when you put on a face mask and it's absolutely fucking freezing against your skin
>>
>>9340633
Have fun with your bruises that don't do shit.
>>
>>9340633
>gua sha
At best harmless, at worst damaging. It's woo. Don't bother.
>>
>>9329867
>>
>>9336286
Haven't used them myself but I've heard stick-on silicone sheets can help. I've seen them in pharmacies. Only catch is you have to wear the silicone bandage basically all the time for months.
>>
>>9295261
I don't really use it for pigmentation so I'm not really sure how well it does for that, but honestly the trader joes vitamin c serum is what I use for my daily routine. I love the texture and it provides a great base for makeup
>>
I'm 28 now, should I start looking into anti-aging products? Are they even worth it? How do you know which ones are bullshit and which ones actually work? I have dark skin and I'm not looking to whiten it, I've got a good tone going.

I don't have wrinkles yet but I know that anti-aging products don't actually reverse wrinkles but slow down future wrinkles, is that right?
>>
>>9342607
You could just use sandpaper and a mild(kinda strong) acid. That's what I did looks great. Doctor said I'm a good boy.
>>
>>9342607
>How do you know which ones are bullshit and which ones actually work?
Look for ingredients that have decent evidence of effectiveness?
>retinoids
>niacinamide
>vitamin c
>ferulic acid (unsure if this is as supported as the rest)
And of course, a sunscreen that protects against both UVA and UVB with SPF 30+
>>
What's a good product to clean my face when I don't want to bust out the entire routine? Often times I'll just wear mascara and sunscreen which doesn't put me in the mood to spend 10 minutes cleaning, prepping, and moisturizing my face.

Would make up remover wipes do the job? How about micellar water?
>>
Has anyone tried Pinky Clay?
>>
>>9342936
Micellar waters are really YMMV, I hear some people say they work fantastic and others say they do nothing, even on the same water (the Garnier one I've heard both about). I'd recommend just getting a very good quality oil cleanser, Kose Speedy is a popular and effective cheap choice, and just make sure to use a good amount and get everywhere. Some people don't even need a second cleanser if their first does a good job.

...Oops, just noticed you said only mascara and sunscreen. Lighter cleansers like gels and miceller waters should be fine for just that honestly, but it truly depends on your mascara. If it comes of easy, use anything that makes you feel clean. If it's super stubborn, you'll have to either get a good eye makeup remover or just use an oil cleanser.
>>
>>9342936
I use micellar water while I'm travelling, and it works well if you wear a light make up.
Bioderma one is my favourite this far.
>>
>>9342936
Depends on your mascara and sunscreen. If the mascara is waterproof or a bit hard to remove, and your sunscreen is thick (e.g. leaves a white cast) then an oil cleanser is recommended (also seconding kose oil). But if your makeup comes off easily or your sunscreen is the watery easily absorbed kind then micellar water and a quick face rinse might get you right. I'd recommend the Simple brand water.
>>
>>9302823
Eat butter (not spread/margerine, actual butter).
>>
>>9345319
>>9345769
I use the Vichy Silkscreen Dry‑Finish Sunscreen Lotion and Perversion mascara (guess that would've been helpful in my first post!), which have both been fairly easy to clean off. I was actually interested in either the Garnier or Simple brand so thank you for sharing about those!

Since you both mentioned an oil cleanser, that does lead me to another question. On days I do wear makeup I wash with Philosophy Purity Made Simple on my Mia 2 Clarisonic. I don't feel like that gets everything off in one go though so would the Kose Speedy work to really get everything clean? Also, do you use oil cleansers before to sort of "melt" the makeup off then proceed with a regular cleanser?

>>9345695
I haven't heard of Bioderma but I'll look into it. Thanks!
>>
I got a sample of this powder face wash. It says it exfoliates, so I'm not sure whether it's safe to put on my face every day. But the ingredients seem similar to Tosowoong Powder Enzyme. Should I treat this as a second cleanser?

https://www.amazon.com/SRB-Rice-Bran-Brightens-Exfoliates/dp/B01DZDIJSS
>>
>>9346470
I use oil cleansers first, I think it really helps to melt through longwear and waterproof makeup. And then go ahead with a gentle foaming or gel cleanser, which I would recommend with the Clarisonic.

Also, with oil cleansers it's important to gradually add more water to your face/hands before fully rinsing it off to emulsify it, so makeup will wash off properly. I'm sure someone else can explain this better.
>>
>>9341543
I like to put the unopened pack into hot water to warm it up.
>>
After 4 years of constant breakouts, I decided to change my skincare routine radically. Followed this thread for a while, made my researches, did some shopping.

I changed it on Jan 15th.
I haven't had a breakout in 3 weeks. I had two pimples instead of my usual 30-40.
The dyschromia is going away, too - not completely solved, but with a thin layer of make up it is unnoticeable.

Thank you girls. This is the best my skin has been in years.
>>
>>9349708
Could you tell us what you use now? I'm curious!
>>
>>9349708
Congrats anon, hopefully it'll continue to get better! What did you change about your routine?
>>
Sorry if this is a stupid question but does any one know any alternatives for Cerave moisturizer? It's not available in my country and buying it online costs almost $40 just for shipping alone. I've tried Cetaphil but it made me break out really bad and feel greasy.
>>
>>9350373
Are you just looking for a new moisturizer in general? What you can do is find decants of it from someone in your country to test it out

eBay might work too depending where you are from
>>
File: forehead.jpg (133KB, 720x1280px) Image search: [Google]
forehead.jpg
133KB, 720x1280px
what is the best way to get rid of this? i cant stand it anymore. Also, is my hairline miniaturizing or maturing?
>>
>>9351220
Get yourself started on one of the starter routines first and then look for AHA and BHA.

They're chemicals so you're gonna have a bad time if you start those first without properly pampering your skin
>>
>>9304193
I have bad, dark genetic eye bags and I'very had great results with algenist complete eye renewal. It's pricy but a little goes a long way. Nothing else I've tried has helped.
>>
I feel a bit dumb asking this but...ah well. I bought the Innisfree Jeju Volcanic Clay Mousse Mask to do Fiddy's SF clearing method with, but I've kind of realized I have no idea otherwise what clay masks are used for? When would I use this otherwise?
>>
>>9353532
Clay masks can be used to bring pimples to a head. I've definitely spot treated places just to lance the pimples because I'm weak and I can't resist :(.
>>
>>9351220
Dont eat anything dairy and end every shower with cold water
>>
>tfw being a guy
All I ever need. Feels good, man.
>>
>>9353622
>apricot kernel scrub
Cringe
>>
I'm looking for recommendations for very moisturizing lip care, facial moisturizers, and sunscreen. I have extremely dry skin during all seasons. It seems that no matter what I put on my lips, nothing helps them for more than a few minutes. I really love the facial moisturizer I've been using, but it doesn't feel strong enough. Ideally I'd like to avoid anything that has aloe vera, alcohol (fatty alcohols are fine), and menthol, since my skin is sensitive to those ingredients.
Right now I'm using -
> Makeup Remover: Pond's Cold Cream + Bioderma Sensibio H2O
> Cleanser: CeraVe Hydrating Cleanser
> Toner: Thayer's Alcohol-Free Witch Hazel Rose Toner (makes my skin feel tight), The Body Shop Vitamin E Toner (doesn't really do much), or Hada Labo Goku-Jyun Lotion Toner (works wonders, but I've run out recently)
> Moisturizer: CeraVe Moisturizing Lotion (the one in the big bottle with the pump)
> Sleeping Mask: Laneige Water Sleeping Mask
> Lips: Coconut oil, mostly
> Sunscreen: Coppertone Water Babies Lotion SPF60
I'm also open to other recommendations, or tips if my current routine is lacking somehow.
>>
>>9301809
Can't really speak about how it would work for your skin but I have the Clean It Zero remover, it's my absolute favorite. Bought it impulsively online once and then I bought another two jars when I went to Korea.
10/10 would recommend

I bought a 100ml jar first and it lasted me a good 10-11 months. (To be fair, I don't wear makeup daily though, probably once or twice a week)
>>
>>9350006
>>9350048
Thank you!
As cleansers, I use them mostly at night.
>Clean it zero for sensitive skin, Banila
>Good morning low ph cleanser, cosxr
In the morning I sometimes use the cosrx one, but often I just don't use anything and wash my face with water.

Then I either use
>Rose absolute - First serum, Aromatica in the morning
>Supple Preparation Facial Toner, Klairs at night

Then according to how my skin feels I use:
>Hyaluronic Acid 2% + B5, The Ordinary
>Niacinamide 10% + Zinc 1%, The Ordinary
>Freshly Juiced Vitamin C Serum, Klairs
I tried another Vitamin C serum before but it made me break out really bad. This one feels right for my skin, and even if it took a couple of weeks to start brightening my skintone I can see the effects now and it alleviates rednesses if I get them.
>Natural Moisturizing Factors + HA, The Ordinary
>Rich moist soothing cream, Klairs

Before make up, I use a sunscreen and sometimes the primer by The Ordinary.
I use sheet masks from innisfree.
I'd like to order a mud mask from NIOD and a couple of innisfree products.
I ordered a couple of products (sleeping pack by cosrx, calming cream by Klairs) but I'm still waiting for them.
>>
My doctor just gave me a free prescription of retin-a cream.
I haven't really noticed any dryness yet but usually this sort of thing can be so should I use anything extra in the mornings; an oil free moisturizer or something?
>>
>>9293098
>>9293099
I'm Asian so should I be starting off with the Western routine or Asian routine? The Asian routine/products look very daunting for a noob. Do they both achieve the same results?
>>
>>9355109
It's all YMMV. Your actual ethnicity doesn't matter. With that said, they both start out the same anyway with a moisturizer and a cleanser. Asian beauty just focuses on double cleansing and sunscreen whereas the western adds a hydration pretty early on.

If you have dry skin, I would add a toner or a Japanese skin lotion
>>
>>9293099
This is very much ymmv, asian routines for dry skin don't recommend the double cleanse, western routines should always include a sunscreen too.
Following either method, I'd look into one specifically tailored also to your skin type and climate, and any special skin concerns.

Also always wash or at least sanitize hands before skincare, this is often overlooked.
>>
>>9355115
Thanks. I think I might just start off with the Western Routine since it is more simple with less products to worry about. I do have dry skin. At which step would you add the Japanese skin lotion? Which Japanese skin lotion do you recommend?
>>
>>9355120
>asian routines for dry skin don't recommend the double cleanse
It's not a problem as long as the cleanser(s) is gentle, not everyone has to use a foaming cleanser. Like just going over with the same cream/balm/oil cleanser twice to make sure all the grime and makeup/sunscreen is off.
>>
>>9355122
Something like Hada Labo, Kikumasamune, Dear by Enprani

>>9355527
And yea, it's not so much that it's not recommended but the foaming cleaners can be really drying for dry skin folks. The oil cleanser remove sunscreen and makeup while the second cleanser is too remove that residue.

You can use micellar water instead of an oil cleanser too
>>
File: picks.png (499KB, 2733x1619px) Image search: [Google]
picks.png
499KB, 2733x1619px
Are these good picks? I have very dry lips on the reg and no balm seems to fix 100% but the lippy scrub looks Ok?
>>
>>9354430
There's no 'should'. I like to use a bland, greasy, old-school moisturiser when I'm using retinol, but it's about listening to your skin. I find, if I've been overdoing it, retinol makes my skin burn when I put on boring moisturiser, and the only thing that helps is putting on a ceramide-containing facial oil like coconut or EPO.

By the way, there's no need to be afraid of oil - it's highly individual what oils will clog you up, and a good oil regimen is just about the best thing for getting rid of congested skin. Mineral oil, in particular, is very moisturising.
>>
>>9359175
>Thayers
Great toner, non-alcoholic, lots of people love it.

>Madre Labs Hand Cream
Nice, non-scented hand cream, very moisturizing. As with most hand creams, make sure you don't use to much of your hand will be oily.

>Real Techniques Brushes
I actually got this set for Christmas and I like them so for. Very soft!

>ELF Lip Exfoliator
Pretty good. It's what I used before I started doing DIY lips scrub. Just make sure you use balm afterwards.
>>
>>9353622
>apricot kernels
>menthol
>>
>>9353622
Enjoy scratching up your face, bro.
>>
For the past few week s or so my skin looks really dehydrated and tired and my pores are huge, and pimples are taking forever to fade. I wanted to blame it on the weather but it hasn't been cold here for weeks. I havent changed my skin routine at all. I drink plenty of water. The biggest change in my life is starting on SSRIs, could that be fucking with my skin? Or could I be building up a tolerance to my BHA, and maybe now it's just drying my skin out and not doing the stuff it's supposed to do?
Routine;
Wash with Cetaphil
Dickinson witch hazel toner
Paula's choice BHA in morning
Neutrogena benzoyl peroxide spot treatment in evenings
Aloe vera to moisturize
>>
>>9361877
You could try taking out the BHA for a week or two to see if there's any change, there is a chance it's causing overexfoliation. If that doesn't do anything and BHA isn't effective enough, you could try azelaic acid
>>
File: 1487310056734.png (134KB, 299x301px) Image search: [Google]
1487310056734.png
134KB, 299x301px
>>9353622
>apricot kernels
>menthol
>lemon
Stop ding this to yourselves, people.
Better off not even washing your face at all.
>>
File: bald.jpg (260KB, 1080x616px)
bald.jpg
260KB, 1080x616px
What would you do to my skin?
>>
Hi everyone,

I'm getting into dermarolling to reduce some hypertrophic scarring from an accident many years ago. I have heard that using a long mm needle (1.0 mm) along with Vitamin C oil (with E as well) will help stimulate the building of collagen and help the scars "fade" a bit.

Well, I have the derma roller, but I'm having trouble finding a good oil. I would also like to be able to use it on my face in evenings to help with brightening, so I'd like something that won't break make out.

Tl;dr: Best Vitamin C/E oil that could maybe be found at a brick and mortar store, that won't break out sensitive skin? Also any experience with derma rolling on body, not face.

Thanks gulls!
>>
>>9362888
punch it
>>
>>9362888
What is your age? What are your skincare concerns? As in, what would you like to improve with a skincare routine? Finally, what type of skin do you have? (Sensitive, Oily, dry, acne-prone, combination?)

If you haven't read through the thread already, the best basic skincare lineup starts with a gentle cleanser, toner, sunscreen/moisturizer, and a night cream. You may find that you do not need a toner, or a night cream, and you may find that you need to go through a few different brands/products to find out what exactly works for you. But this is the best start I can give you.

I introduced my boyfriend to Cetaphil cleanser, and it seems to really help him with occasional breakouts. It's very gentle and it's the one I use, too.
Thayer's rose water toner comes highly recommended in these threads. It's on my list to buy, so I can't give you a personal experience with it. But it seems really great.
A combination face moisturizer/sunscreen is great for the daytime. I'm a big fan of Simple skincare's Protecting Moisturizer with 15SPF. It's not a considerable amount of SPF protection, so I also use an Etude House sunscreen with 50SPF over it-- but I'm very concerned about sun damage. Try to get in the habit of using sunscreen every day to prevent early aging. If your skin isn't particularly sensitive, you can just buy some at the store.

continued
>>
>>9363877

Finally, please always remember to wash your face at the end of the day if you wear sunscreen or anything else on it. If your skin is particularly dry or you are concerned about signs of aging, you may want to use a night moisturizer. They are more heavy duty than the day ones, and don't have sunscreen in them. I like the Simple 24 Hour one-- you can get this and the Cetaphil at any drug store. If you wear moisturizer at night, you must wash your face in the morning.

Remember, you will have to fine tune skincare routines to fit what your skin needs. Do some research on brands and other basics. If your pores are clogged or you have a lot of dead skin, you may want to try a light exfoliating wash once a week. You may need nothing other than just cleanser at night. It's all YMMV.
>>
Why do face masks work?

I'm asking because I've recently noticed that using a hydrating face mask once a week has helped a lot with my rosacea. Masks aren't expensive, but they seem wasteful. So I'm curious: what's the advantage of a face mask, as opposed to, say, cutting a face into an oval of unbleached cotton and dousing it in Cetaphil?
>>
>>9364996
Because it's not the same thing. Cetaphil is a cleanser whereas a mask is essentially an essence. If you feel that it's that wasteful you can get compressed face mask and let it soak up whatever essence you want

You are basically asking two different products that do two different things
>>
>>9365221
By 'Cetaphil', I'm pretty sure anon would've been referring to one of their lotions
>>
What do I about pic related? Not me btw, but I have a similar problem. Everytime I epilate I get red spots, they aren't bumps but just spots on the skin that seem to never go away.
>>
File: leg.jpg (28KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
leg.jpg
28KB, 800x600px
>>9365426
forgot picture
>>
What do you think about the egg pore products from TonyMoly? I started using the product to remove blackheads and the one to tighten pores twice a week at first but I got lazy after a while so I only use them once a week now. I feel like the products are working but not as much as I would like. Especially the one to tighten pores, it looks like it's working but only for like one day. I also wanted to know what's the point of the So Cool Eye stick from the same brand, is it supposed to reduce eye bags on the long run or am I confusing it with the other panda stick? I didn't find the makeup thread so I guess I shouldn't ask for the panda dream makeup here, but I'm also curious about that, especially for the mascara. I'm kinda nsidering getting the panda night mask, what is it supposed to do exactly?

And for anyone who tried Yves Rocher skincare products, what are your opinions? I considering getting my cleansers, toners and moisturizers from there because I can get them for cheap.
>>
>>9365225
Still proves that any other cetaphil's products is not an essence
>>
File: Horrified.png (101KB, 327x333px) Image search: [Google]
Horrified.png
101KB, 327x333px
Not sure if this is the right thread to ask this but I might as well ask anyway.
So I used this guide to get rid of all the hairs below my waist.
(CAREFUL NSFW)
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1YNGUSH6zutTcv_osPURNvH8K19mXiX730Y-JeDRMNbI/edit?pref=2&pli=1

Now everything seems to be fine except my butt has a lot of red spots on it. around the edge of the crack. Its probably just a load of ingrown hairs but how can I make this a bit better and how can I prevent it from happening next time so it doesn't hurt whenever I sit down. Please help.
>>
File: 11.jpg (72KB, 960x960px)
11.jpg
72KB, 960x960px
You know, for a good awhile I thought the Korean skincare routine was just a meme to shill out their products. However, after I started to buy and use them I'd have to say I am in love. They smell so fucking good and they actually help my skin. They prevent and minimize my hormonal breakouts (the only pimples I get) and I noticed a nice reduction in redness and dryness to my skin.
>>
>>9366022
After shaving exfoliate the shaved areas gently with a wash cloth. Do this daily.
>>
>order 2 things from w2beauty
>receive a million free samples relevant to what i ordered
>>
>>9364996
>Masks aren't expensive, but they seem wasteful.
you can buy masks that are not sheet masks. just apply them to face and rinse after the appropriate time.
>>
>>9372720
Or save the leftover essence from sheetmasks (using a sanitary method) and continue to use it until gone. Depending on the packaging, I've salvaged up to a week's worth of serum/essence using this method.
>>
File: image.jpg (1MB, 3264x2448px)
image.jpg
1MB, 3264x2448px
So I never had skin problems all throug high school, maybe a very rare black head but that was it.
Now that I'm in my mid twenties my face is breaking out like mad and I have no idea what to do.
I'm also really poor at the moment so I'm having to make do. I know equate is shit but for now it'll make do.
Can I get any cheap recommendations for skin care?
Pictured is what I have.

Tl;dr
I need cheap alternatives for acne and poor treatments.
>>
Does anyone have any experience with charcoal cleansers? A cousin swears by it but I'd like other opinions.
>>
>>9372939
I use biore 3x a week and it has helped reduce the appearance of my blackheads!
>>
Hey gulls. So I have 4 dogs and we've had a flea problem recently. The fleas are taken care of now but long story short I have these gross fucking scars all over my legs. They're just like dark spots and desu it makes my legs look like they belong to a 75 year old man. Anyways, I've searched around for tips but I wanted to come to yall for your opinion. I use hydrating soap, oil up with shea butter infused baby oil, and occasionally use a scar cream. It's helped a little but not much. So what do, gulls? Should i just hang myself now and save myself the misery and horror?
>>
>>9372993
Cocoa butter, when applied frequently, can reduce the appearance of scars with time. You probably already know this but that's the best advice I could give you.
>>
>>9372947
That's what she suggests. Thanks!
>>
>>9304613
Different deos are going react differently for each person. I'm letting you know cause I have struggled with the stain shit for a while. Honestly what is best is to put the deposit on long before the shirt. Let that sucker dry. Otherwise you are more likely to get stains
>>
>>9373645
Deo*
>>
>>9363868
Please try dermastamping rather than rolling - it's easier to make sure the needles don't get bent.
Thread posts: 312
Thread images: 42

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.